PES 2011 Discussion thread

They are humans but there is a slight element of truth in there. A huge 6 ft tall built like a brick shit house black guy will walk very different to a short white skinny guy. That said... it shouldn't really show that much in game should it? It's not going to be like a man doing mo capping for a woman.

Not all big black guys walk the same and surely not all short white skinny guys do as well. It just doesn't work that way. It's got to do with build and many other things, nothing to do with race or ethnicity.

Anyway, anyone reading the PESFan edit mode updates? Sounds pretty impressive tbh. Like how kits can be made for every team and not limited like PES 2010. Apparently we can have the EPL Logo on the kits as well. Only hope we have the same for chants and music though. Music shouldn't be hard, just make it play off the PS3 hdd directly.

I obviously didn't mean to sound racist or talk in stereotypes. At the same time, I think it's superficial to ignore the fact that people from different cultural background have different body types, different patterns, body languages and ways to interact with themselves and, in this case, with a ball on their feet. I'm not saying one is better than the others - lol.

Is it nitpicking? Yes, absolutely. But since we're talking about a multinational company working on such a high level product, I don't see why they shouldn't use a random guy who's more consistent with the majority of the players they aim to recreate.

Also, please don't call me an ignorant fool. I am not, and I'm not a kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. Just try to understand the argument.

Well the height part might be important, but surely there is no difference between a white and a black 6ft person in their movement?

There is, actually. A pretty noticeable one, too. Just look at the players in real life and don't tell me that Clarence Seedorf walks like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Anyway, I understand that this is a digression with very little relevance to the game, we don't have to discuss it because it's not going to make the game better or worse.

Last edited:
thats_racist.gif

I am surprised nobody has posted this after what has been said! :D

Back to the subject of editing, I cannot understand why Konami have put measly limits on the number of slots, its not as if we are dealing with limited capacity PS2 memory cards no more is it? Unfortunately Konami don't seem to throw away some PS2 development traits. Anyhow, I think I am just going to sit back and wait for the demo to come out, if it does come out before the game release, and see.

I obviously didn't mean to sound racist or talk in stereotypes. At the same time, I think it's superficial to ignore the fact that people from different cultural background have different body types, different patterns, body languages and ways to interact with themselves and, in this case, with a ball on their feet. I'm not saying one is better than the others - lol.

Is it nitpicking? Yes, absolutely. But since we're talking about a multinational company working on such a high level product, I don't see why they shouldn't use a random guy who's more consistent with the majority of the players they aim to recreate.

Also, please don't call me an ignorant fool. I am not, and I'm not a kid who doesn't know what he's talking about. Just try to understand the argument.

There is, actually. A pretty noticeable one, too. Just look at the players in real life and don't tell me that Clarence Seedorf walks like Cristiano Ronaldo.

Anyway, I understand that this is a digression with very little relevance to the game, we don't have to discuss it because it's not going to make the game better or worse.

I've seen plenty of white people move similar to Seedorf. He got a body that is very similar to ice hockey players, with big butt/thighs that gives them a different walk style.

I'm really looking forward to PES this year. Everything looks great to me except one thing: the lack of freedom on passing. Watching these two videos I simply can't feel it, because passes always seem to go from feet to feet, wich gives a kind of pinball feeling (it's hard to explain it, but this still has nothing to do with that terrible ping pong on fifa). In real football matches I always see so many passes going into spaces in a way that forces players to move onto the ball, and some of them are made on purpose just to give an "extra" time to advance on attack (specially in counter attacks).

When i played Winning Eleven 9 for the first time I never knew that manual passing already existed tbh, but even if I knew it, I would hardly feel the need to use it, because the game already gave me that feeling of freedom.

I played PEs2010 for some weeks and I thought that passing was rubbish tbh (sometimes it gave me the feeling of a weird pinball physics + lack of freedom) and I also thought that manual passing on the right stick was extremely hard to get used to it (imo).

I heard that it will be a button (R1?) to unlock manual passing on the X button. Is that true ?

It's really important to me to know this.

Anyone here "feel" the same about that lack of freedom on passing on these videos ?

ps: actually there's that pinball physics feeling only when the player increase the speed of the game with argentina, but the lack of freedom is still there the whole video.

Sorry for my english.

I loved some of the off the ball movements animations on this new video and how the AI goes to good positions to give us more options to pass the ball.

Seriously how many of you have played PES2010 with lesser teams. I don't agree with the ping pong passing across the board sure if you play with Barca, Inter, united etc they tend to pass with high accuracy but try playing with China, riverplate (besides Ortega) and the other smaller teams. I have found that if you play one touch the ball pace slows down and is innaccurate if the players aren't equipped for that style.

Stop using top teams and you'll discover the beauty of PES2010, it's not right but it's there.

Or better yet, stat edit the game to achieve more realistic play with the top teams as well, passing speeds, player speeds, etc.

I remember chimps was working on such a file here, but as he was taking on such a massive task, I went ahead and edited some teams myself. The result was a pretty good game of football, and the best I've played since PES 5.

Not that this has much to do with PES2011.

Too bad I don't have PES 2010 to try this (editing stats or playing with "bad" teams").

But my question is: will there really be a button to "unlock" manual passing for the X button ? I mean.. we will have to use the right stick for manual passing or there will be another option ?

hi i want to know two very specific things
Question 1
There is a rumor that fifa would have lost their licenses for the Brazilian and Mexican leagues? When I refer to that, I mean that the lost but for the next year, that is fifa is unlicensed Brazilian teams
Question 2
I wanted to know if anyone can confirm that the selection of Mexico comes without a license and also wanted to know if in the selection of Mexico is the faces of the players like in pes 2009

Stop using top teams and you'll discover the beauty of PES2010, it's not right but it's there.

Both FIFA and PES play much better when you play with lesser teams.

It's lame that it's the norm to play as top teams and playing as lesser teams is seen as something to do rarely/for novelty. It's the same online, local multiplayer. I don't blame people for wanting to play as the big teams but it sure doesn't make for a better experience.

Too bad I don't have PES 2010 to try this (editing stats or playing with "bad" teams").

But my question is: will there really be a button to "unlock" manual passing for the X button ? I mean.. we will have to use the right stick for manual passing or there will be another option ?

this year you have to keep L2 pressed while passing

I posted this a few pages back but it seems to have gone under the radar:

From someone on the WENB forum:

did anyone else read, in Caniggia's preview, that you can edit the front end too this year ? To customise your own menus ect it seems
icon_e_smile.gif
nice touch !

If true then that's a really nice touch.

That new video is interesting, I think the gameplay looks further on than the official video we got as the their seems to be more animations? looks more polished.

I think looking at it I'm even more convinced of my FIFA 08 comparison, this game is really what PES2008 should have been all those years back.

Any news on the demo release? If the game is going to be released in October. Then I guess it's about time to release a demo since there's not much time until then.

Any news on the demo release? If the game is going to be released in October. Then I guess it's about time to release a demo since there's not much time until then.

everything will be revealed at Gamescom

Or better yet, stat edit the game to achieve more realistic play with the top teams as well, passing speeds, player speeds, etc.

I remember chimps was working on such a file here, but as he was taking on such a massive task, I went ahead and edited some teams myself. The result was a pretty good game of football, and the best I've played since PES 5.

Not that this has much to do with PES2011.

I finished ita long with some help from goalgerd, but then konami brought out a boot pack and installing it lost the lot.

I didnt install the update and I after going back to the game I am loving it and still playing the master league and struggling to win the league each year as I made it a lot harder.

The only thing about slowing the passing though, is that opposition attack slower and get less space on the ball, which makes it a little easier, so you need to increase other stats to balance it out

Back
Top Bottom