PES 2011 Discussion thread

For me the most important thing what they should make is "ONLINE EDIT DATA"!. I want see edited kits online!!!! It's 21 century!!!

Yep, its the 21st Century where "exclusivity" is currently rampant.
Seriously though, its not gonna happen. EA are going to drag KONAMI to court as soon as they see the first edited kit(from the EPL or Bundesliga, for example) being used on an unlicensed team online. They didn't dish out all that money for the Premiership and the Bundesliga licenses for nothing.

Last edited:
Seriously though, its not gonna happen. EA are going to drag KONAMI to court as soon as they see the first edited kit(from the EPL or Bundesliga, for example) being used on an unlicensed team online. They didn't dish out all that money for the Premiership and the Bundesliga licenses for nothing.

EA have a nice little monopoly there. The EU competition law obviously doesn't apply to video games.

This.

"EA are going to drag KONAMI to court as soon as they see the first edited kit(from the EPL or Bundesliga, for example) being used on an unlicensed team online".

Why? The edited kits online will see only one person which added into the game. Second person will not see it. It's work the same as kitserver on PC.

Just read the latest WENB preview, loved it. It's a very comprehensive analysis by someone who definately knows what he is looking for. I'm very happy with alot of the things he touched on, that many preview's have simply missed or not understood. Fair play to whoever wrote it, impressive.

It's weird how neither PES or FIFA have the Serie A license. Is there some reason for this?

Konami have enough licenses EA can't use, it's not a 1 way thing.

Well, it is two way traffic, and I guess the victims end up being us, the consumers. But obviously, EA being a more established and wealthier organization, have more money to spend if they feel the need.

@lons, well for the PC version I guess it makes sense. Because we're basically hotswapping the kit(files) from our hard drive to the default kits. So I guess PC users can get away with it. Its been done on PES6 PC if I'm not mistaken.

But I don't think it'll be applicable to the consoles, where kits are edited via option files. For both users to maintain consistency of stats, player names, team structure ,etc they'd have to use the same option file.

I think its been mentioned, there's a reason behind KONAMI's removing the fake Bundesliga.

In PES5, the Bundesliga was similar to the EPL and French Ligue(unlicensed back then), subsequently in PES6, if I remember correctly, it became a list of teams A, B, C, etc? And it was finally removed in PES2008. So you could obviously hint that KONAMI were forced to relinquish completely even the vaguest representation of the Bundesliga.

I reckon the EPL still allows the use of fake team names while it was a different deal for the Bundesliga.

Probably still fighting for it, and Serie A heads enjoying the cat fight. Not sure if the financial issue in Italy has anything to do with it.

About licenses, I know its both ways, but Konami was forced to go down that route because EA had the exclusives for almost every major European league.

I'd wish if clubs or FAs stop exclusivity and just charge a fair amount for whoever wants to use the licenses.

Neither had the Serie A license in the last games either, seems odd.

In an ideal world, I'd love every single license to be available to whoever wanted it, but I can never see it happening, there is too much money for the leagues from the exclusivity, same with television coverage.

Konami have done very well with licenses lately though, in particular the Champions league, which is a huge feature, definitely my favourite mode in either game. Hell, I bought the EA Champions League game, which shows how much I like the competition, so adding that within a game as Konami have done is to be commended.

What creates more revenue for a league?

One exclusivity deal or two (or more) fairly priced deals? (edit: plus more exposure for being in more than one game)

Big announced by KONAMI about licenses at Gamescom will be the same "big" as edit mode........:CONFUSE:??? 2 bundesliga teams and that all.......................:YAWN:

are you forgetting Murphy confirmed that this year we will have one more league in Master league?

Tactical things I've noticed about the video:

+ Right after kick-off, Podolski and Muller open the field very wide and in an aggressive way.
+ Gio closes Muller. If a ball is played at his back, Gio won't have to make a diagonal run to intercept Muller/the ball while Muller has to run straight to the ball/space (as in PES 2010). "To try not to return in diagonals" is a basic real life defending task for side backs.
+ Netherland's defense is sitting too deep, while Germany's defense pushes it's team forwards. This is very well reflected.
+ In Germany's goal, Netherlands to keep their back four at all times, which is good. PES2010 attacks used to end in a "cone defensive formation". This one's shaping up better.
+ For example, in Klose's one on one situation. Heitinga leaves the defensive line, one of their midfielders quicky takes his place.
+ When Khedira anticipates Snejder with a header, he is playing deep in the middle of his CB's. I've never seen this in PES before.
+ Freeze the penalty move before the penalty. Appreciate the back four and both German DMF supporting them. Netherland has a gap between their DMF and their CB's. Germany doesn't.
+ Khedira is reallly playing as a REAL box to box midfield. He is right there on Klose's 1vs1, and he's right there on the move before the penalty.

+ Argentina's kick off. Tevez makes a run on the right. Di María doesn't. And they are both "offensive" players occupying the wings at kick-off (watch the tactical menu) just like Podolski and Muller (both run). That's cool. Apparently players have clear off-the-ball roles, and understand what they have to do (remember Khedira as well).
+ In that move where Demichelis steals the ball from Danny, Mascherano doesn't lose his man at any time. In PES10 he used to give him 2 metres of advantage. At the end of that sequence (when Messi tries those tricks) Deco appears to play as a true box to box MF.
+ Argentina's mark system in Portugal's goal is somewhat misleading at a first look. First, Samuel tries to cut; Veron takes his place. Then Demichelis does "Mascherano". But that's because of the person in command of the gamepad.
+ Last action of that game. Argentina has 8 players in defensive positions. Watch the radar. It is very nice to see this.

This game seems to be deeper than what some people may think. You can see that a lot of good intentions and football knowledge that went into it. I support Jimmy on this one. I haven't played FIFA, but if people complain about animations so much, and fail to see these aspects, maybe FIFA fullfills their expectations. Just a thought.

I know, it's actually the same in PES 2010, it's tactically probably the best football game i've played, thats something really to be positive about! most of this AI was in PES 2010, there adding to it, plus the fluid gameplay will make the game much nicer and more relaisitc to play.

Also you can't forget this is all still on the amatuer level so the tactics you see are toned down heavily.

This forms the basis for my positivity!

Yes, EA are dead serious about their Cuntish exclusive licences. Just ask NFL 2K

I know, it's actually the same in PES 2010, it's tactically probably the best football game i've played, thats something really to be positive about! most of this AI was in PES 2010, there adding to it, plus the fluid gameplay will make the game much nicer and more relaisitc to play.

Also you can't forget this is all still on the amatuer level so the tactics you see are toned down heavily.

This forms the basis for my positivity!

I totally agree, and it's something that PES2010 was never given enough credit for. The AI is actually pretty good, with defences holding a good line and the teams in general keeping their shape across the pitch, unlike the competitor where pressing all over the pitch is king and hence teams get pulled out shape. There was genuine tactical depth to PES2010, probably more so than any other PES, for those that gave the game time.

I think that many people just couldn't get past the rigid animations and response times to actually appreciate the things PES2010 does right.

Hi!

Yaouhhhhhhhhh, it seems pretty good !!
I hope that the GK will be better than what we've seen !!

Pleaseeeeeeeee Konami, pleaseeeeeeeeee, make some good GK
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

I totally agree, and it's something that PES2010 was never given enough credit for. The AI is actually pretty good, with defences holding a good line and the teams in general keeping their shape across the pitch, unlike the competitor where pressing all over the pitch is king and hence teams get pulled out shape. There was genuine tactical depth to PES2010, probably more so than any other PES, for those that gave the game time.

I think that many people just couldn't get past the rigid animations and response times to actually appreciate the things PES2010 does right.

Totally agree with you both, PES 2010, the best AI yet on Top Player, easily.

Thank you, there is few others like Shorty_alien who you should really talk to since he like me played the other game on manual last year, both got fed up with the game because the 400+ matches played there was just no depth!

I know PES 2010 would not be a classic and the animations were not up to scratch but EVER from Gamescom last year i could see the AI was something special even. Teams behaved and played like teams. The defense kept it's line and defensive midfielders actually do their job!

There was a almost freaky goal i scored with Pazzini in my manager. The off the ball movement. :CONFUSE: Pazzini was running offside along the back four to annoy them and lose his marker, I managed to pick him out in space where he was able to score. I have 3 other strikers who never made runs like that, Cassano who drops off 24/7, Stevanu who just plain average and another average striker who could never work the space Pazzini could.

Players like Inzaghi, wow this game does poachers justice! look at this hat trick he scored vs Harmmby. from 1:03 to 1:32
YouTube - AC Milan PES 2010 goals in Master League
His off the ball movement is to always drift way from defenders and look to get into spaces. I love the 3rd goal, the first touch, he had the awareness that there way space behind for him to dummy and shot on his strong foot rather than take a basic touch. Their whole game is about scoring. Yet on the halfway line he's funking useless just like in real life :WORSHIP:

This even more apparent with Strikers like Soren Larsen. No pace, dribbling skills or technique whatsoever but a giant int he box, holds up very well and scored goals for my Villarreal team (cheap buy aswell :BOP:)

I actually enjoy playing 4-5-1 with good/average teams like Japan, Bordeaux, etc.. It's actually fun stifling big teams with them and look for the odd mistake and grinding out a 1-0 result!

Thats what made PES 2010 a good game for me despite the dreadful animations! Obviously it's not better than average since the animations were not up to scratch and things like dribbling and flair, trick were pretty terrible. I'm a person who loves that type of stuff :(

Thank you, there is few others like Shorty_alien who you should really talk to since he like me played the other game on manual last year, both got fed up with the game because the 400+ matches played there was just no depth!

I know PES 2010 would not be a classic and the animations were not up to scratch but EVER from Gamescom last year i could see the AI was something special even. Teams behaved and played like teams. The defense kept it's line and defensive midfielders actually do their job!

There was a almost freaky goal i scored with Pazzini in my manager. The off the ball movement. :CONFUSE: Pazzini was running offside along the back four to annoy them and lose his marker, I managed to pick him out in space where he was able to score. I have 3 other strikers who never made runs like that, Cassano who drops off 24/7, Stevanu who just plain average and another average striker who could never work the space Pazzini could.

Players like Inzaghi, wow this game does poachers justice! look at this hat trick he scored vs Harmmby. from 1:03 to 1:32
YouTube - AC Milan PES 2010 goals in Master League
His off the ball movement is to always drift way from defenders and look to get into spaces. I love the 3rd goal, the first touch, he had the awareness that there way space behind for him to dummy and shot on his strong foot rather than take a basic touch. Their whole game is about scoring. Yet on the halfway line he's funking useless just like in real life :WORSHIP:

This even more apparent with Strikers like Soren Larsen. No pace, dribbling skills or technique whatsoever but a giant int he box, holds up very well and scored goals for my Villarreal team (cheap buy aswell :BOP:)

I actually enjoy playing 4-5-1 with good/average teams like Japan, Bordeaux, etc.. It's actually fun stifling big teams with them and look for the odd mistake and grinding out a 1-0 result!

Thats what made PES 2010 a good game for me despite the dreadful animations! Obviously it's not better than average since the animations were not up to scratch and things like dribbling and flair, trick were pretty terrible. I'm a person who loves that type of stuff :(

You need to get yourself a PS3 and join PEEL mate, you will fit in perfectly. As would Jamez, if he'd just pull his finger out of his ass. :CONFUSE:

Ok - hold your horses AI guys - The AI is solid but it isnt as good as you guys make out and many teams still play very similar, players dont make runs many times or sometimes magically start running to go offside even before the pass should be on, also defending isnt that great but all in all the AI is far superior to the other game.

I will admit though that some players just play very well and it isnt because of inflated attributes - In BAL Pandev was scary gifted and I could trust him whereas Zarate was as selfish as irl also Verdi in my Milan ML just makes the right plays effortlessly even though he isnt a superstar yet - How Konami does that and then screws the pooch on straightforward stuff I'll never understand.

Back
Top Bottom