PES 2011 Discussion thread

so, no boot editor, few slots for few editable teams, few licences (at least now we have Copa Libertadores), the kit editor is the same, players that aren´t on ML teams we cannot buy them...this is good...really good...--'

Last edited:
Why do you all assume that players from Southamerican teams won't be available in ML? They were available in PES 2010.

Original PES 2010 OF contains grand total of 3 (three) Latin American teams - Boca, River and Internacional. All three of them are available in ML, they're placed in kinda special "Others (Latin America)" league (a "league" with only three teams) and their players are available on the market.

The least thing Konami has to do in 2011 is to keep that "league" and include all new Latin teams in that "league" and voila ... lots of players are there to buy.

Really, they are? Hum...

It was Adam to report on this on the Q&A.

Just read this on WENB:

did anyone else read, in Caniggia's preview, that you can edit the front end too this year ? To customise your own menus ect it seems
icon_e_smile.gif
nice touch !

Really, they are? Hum...

It was Adam to report on this on the Q&A.

They are in 2010, definitely. Try it, boot-up a new campaign and go shopping immediately - just use "search by group" option and there is Other (Latin) league.

They are in 2010, definitely. Try it, boot-up a new campaign and go shopping immediately - just use "search by group" option and there is Other (Latin) league.

I'm hoping that's the case. What I'm sure of though is that I can't buy anyone who's not in a club team and belongs to a national team. They only come through the academy, by luck.

in fact, in Pes 2010 ML you could buy every player in database if i remember well
and if pes 2011 ml is unchanged we will be able to buy copa libertadores players

in fact, in Pes 2010 ML you could buy every player in database if i remember well
and if pes 2011 ml is unchanged we will be able to buy copa libertadores players

Not every player, I remember complains 'bout people not being able to buy Robben for example.

Adam cleared it up, he said the SA league has nothing to do with Copa dos Libertadores, which teams are only playable through their own competition on the menu. So if you can't find the teams, you can't have the players.

He does say he's expecting this to change, among other things.

Not every player, I remember complains 'bout people not being able to buy Robben for example.

Adam cleared it up, he said the SA league has nothing to do with Copa dos Libertadores, which teams are only playable through their own competition on the menu. So if you can't find the teams, you can't have the players.

He does say he's expecting this to change, among other things.

We couldn't find Robben because he didn't belong to any club team and only international. International players aren't available in ML, except youth academy where they might show up by luck.

About libertadores clubs not included in SA league, that's just terrible. They better include them in it.

not being funny but i dont think he can say that until he has made all emblems and added all kit pngs necessary to cover all the unlicenced national and club teams in the game,if the edit mode is currently the same as pes2010 it will not be possible to make all emblems and all kit pngs.

I don't even know who Alan is.

Let alone do i trust people whose whole name consists of a solitary word.

Last edited:
Also i tell you what would be great. A random feature for player model creation in player edit.

If i want to make a team but don't necessarily care that they don't look perfectly the same as the player then it'd be great to press it so that it randomises their look till i get something that looks a little bit like player x that i'm trying to emulate.

Doing it manually takes forEVAAAAAAAA

I don't know how to make OF's and the ones for xbox are often lame. Like i care about the championship.

Is there a list someone can point me to that provides the confirmed updates for ML this year? If one exists that is.

Oh, and Alan is two syllables btw.

So glad that all of the Copa Libertadores teams are licensed. Great addition. Let's hope we can use the players in ML.

Tactical things I've noticed about the video:

+ Right after kick-off, Podolski and Muller open the field very wide and in an aggressive way.
+ Gio closes Muller. If a ball is played at his back, Gio won't have to make a diagonal run to intercept Muller/the ball while Muller has to run straight to the ball/space (as in PES 2010). "To try not to return in diagonals" is a basic real life defending task for side backs.
+ Netherland's defense is sitting too deep, while Germany's defense pushes it's team forwards. This is very well reflected.
+ In Germany's goal, Netherlands to keep their back four at all times, which is good. PES2010 attacks used to end in a "cone defensive formation". This one's shaping up better.
+ For example, in Klose's one on one situation. Heitinga leaves the defensive line, one of their midfielders quicky takes his place.
+ When Khedira anticipates Snejder with a header, he is playing deep in the middle of his CB's. I've never seen this in PES before.
+ Freeze the penalty move before the penalty. Appreciate the back four and both German DMF supporting them. Netherland has a gap between their DMF and their CB's. Germany doesn't.
+ Khedira is reallly playing as a REAL box to box midfield. He is right there on Klose's 1vs1, and he's right there on the move before the penalty.

+ Argentina's kick off. Tevez makes a run on the right. Di María doesn't. And they are both "offensive" players occupying the wings at kick-off (watch the tactical menu) just like Podolski and Muller (both run). That's cool. Apparently players have clear off-the-ball roles, and understand what they have to do (remember Khedira as well).
+ In that move where Demichelis steals the ball from Danny, Mascherano doesn't lose his man at any time. In PES10 he used to give him 2 metres of advantage. At the end of that sequence (when Messi tries those tricks) Deco appears to play as a true box to box MF.
+ Argentina's mark system in Portugal's goal is somewhat misleading at a first look. First, Samuel tries to cut; Veron takes his place. Then Demichelis does "Mascherano". But that's because of the person in command of the gamepad.
+ Last action of that game. Argentina has 8 players in defensive positions. Watch the radar. It is very nice to see this.

This game seems to be deeper than what some people may think. You can see that a lot of good intentions and football knowledge that went into it. I support Jimmy on this one. I haven't played FIFA, but if people complain about animations so much, and fail to see these aspects, maybe FIFA fullfills their expectations. Just a thought.

believe that there will be in one of those two leagues or where they are more teams bocca and South American river, I take off because the league should be?
anyone know if more teams may or what's in those two leagues?

Check this out
Check that out! Going through the latter part of my first forray into Master League, I discovered that Konami have managed to get the UEFA Super Cup license into PES 2011!

So now the winners of the Europa League play the winners of the Champions League in fully licensed cup competition!

Nice addition, sure you’ll agree.

winningelevenblog.com

So wait, will it be like last year in the ML that certain players that don't belong to a club team will be unavailable? That's awful if it's true. Bugged me last year, will bug me this year.

With all these new editing options... I hope to God they have tweaked the save file system so we can just copy a couple of saves from usb to PS3 rather than a couple of hundred.

With all these new editing options... I hope to God they have tweaked the save file system so we can just copy a couple of saves from usb to PS3 rather than a couple of hundred.

another thing they will really need to do is fix the option files defaulting after a konami dlc update,that ruined all files last year for pes2010

i jusr rewathched the HD gameplay on gametrailers and you guys are right, the ball physics looks damn wrong, it reminds me of the magnetic field in fifa last gen. I hope that is fixed because it would just spoil the game.
I wish they focus less on menu' and faces and more on gameplay and animatios just like in the old days. Last nite i played some old pes, oh my god what a difference a decent net makes when u score a goal!

Back
Top Bottom