PES 2011 Discussion thread

This is copied and passtedd from a guy at pesfan:-

^^ you know what else they could have brought back from pes 4,5,6? square nets ...nicely strung up at 4 points with no saggage, how do novelty heads add to pro evolution 'it's all about the gameplay so shut up about the nets' soccer

I know every pes community board and Jon Murphy's twitter get hammered daily with net fix issues at some point and I'm yet to pick up on a campaign to bring back donkey heads and shark fins or whatever that tripe is

fix the nets "shut up"
have some snake heads "yayyy! nostalgia 4TW"

Absolutely agree................thhis addition is jut mindless, money waisting rubbish:RANT:

To: FREmm

Fair enough then. I'm not surprised really but i was talking exclusively about word from the previews.

I still think you've brought up a good point because you've highlighted that the game probably will be pretty basic and not feature a lot of the features that were say in PES5. Those that expect different will be disappointed. I'm just hoping the gameplay is good and they can finally get on with making the series better.

Last edited:

^^ you know what else they could have brought back from pes 4,5,6? square nets ...nicely strung up at 4 points with no saggage, how do novelty heads add to pro evolution 'it's all about the gameplay so shut up about the nets' soccer

I know every pes community board and Jon Murphy's twitter get hammered daily with net fix issues at some point and I'm yet to pick up on a campaign to bring back donkey heads and shark fins or whatever that tripe is

fix the nets "shut up"

Absolutely agree................thhis addition is jut mindless, money waisting rubbish:RANT:

Completely agree.

There is 42 South American clubs in total in PES 2011. If they were all added into ML this year you could have two leagues - South America A & South America B and instead of having a similarly styled F.A. Cup for these leagues you would instead have the Copa Libertadores alongside the regular league matches and then the winners would play in the Konami Cup. There is room for integration.

Maybe something to happen next year. This year I would be happy already if I could just hire players from those teams.

fix the nets "shut up"

He has a point. Konami have their priorities but dog heads shouldn't be one of them.

As pointed out you can make 2 south american leagues.

I know you'd be disappointed to miss out on the players but what's the point in buying players who don't play for a club. Wouldn't they be cheaper and in that mean it's less of a challenge?

ML is vastly overrated anyway, well atleast to me. I find it a really linear experience. It's like playing FM as a big team. You never have to struggle to buy big players and wonderkids. You can just do it. That was good when i was 15 playing PES5 and bought Ronaldo, Rooney, Ramos, Tevez, Messi etc but now it doesn't cut the mustard. I personally don't know why more people don't complain about how easy it is to get players in ML and for them to always become good no matter what. Then again i have the same issue with FM and rarely hear other people suggest it needs to be changed.

Maybe it'd be more challenging if the game was more difficult on top player? It wouldn't matter what team you had if you still struggled against the AI.

I must admit though up until you get to the point where your team is too good then it's generally quite good. Maybe it's down to discipline.

Last edited:
When people say they wanted Konami to go back to the PS2 days for the next PES, I was hoping it was refer to the gameplay. Instead it appears they have gone back to the PS2 days for the useless novelty shite that I seriously hoped they would never bring back. I cannot judge the gameplay yet until I see the game for myself, but as for the PES Shop content. I want to play a proper football game, not some stupid cartoon head football with a screwed up paper ball. Apologies for my mini-rant but my fears about PES2011 seem to be coming true by the day, I am losing faith. :(

Hell there has been some sad news since yesterday.
Chin-up lads in about 4 months from now we'll be wondering what we were complaining about................. Till we try to buy players from the copa libertadores and fucking realise what we were angry about.

As pointed out you can make 2 south american leagues.

I know you'd be disappointed to miss out on the players but what's the point in buying players who don't play for a club. Wouldn't they be cheaper and in that mean it's less of a challenge?

Technically those teams are in-game, even if it's not on a league, while probably you can't play with them, it doesn't mean players would have to appear as "free". Just like on FM.

1200 potential stars left out to rot.

EDIT: Master League is overrated? Don't talk to me anymore. :(

Please stop me if I'm gettin' too pessimistic.

Stop right there Fremm :TTTH: This game is gonna blow your socks off quicker than a sock snatching hag who as just learned that the market on used socks has gone through the roof! Well i hope so :))

Seriously though guys i feel that some of you are still looking too much at this stage of developments as final.I have said it before and i will say it again, this time last year all we had to go on i think were some tactical sliders video & maybe a couple of leaked screens, then after gamescom people were up in arms but love it or hate it pes2010 made massive strides from the gamescom code.This year i cant think of 1 person who,s played 2011 to have too many negatives about it. And believe me when your talking about adding slots this could be done easy enough. Just ask someone who does hex editing in our editing forum, ok for them personally it may be a little difficult beecause they have to find the right code, but for someone like konami it really would be a piece of cake,and thats most probably some of the stuff they are still working on.

Like i say bear in mind where we was after Gamescom when people were hoping for a hell of a lot to be fixed and were quite rightly concerned, but this year it is a completly different story.

Last edited:
EDIT: Master League is overrated? Don't talk to me anymore. :(

I explained why i think it is but i added the end bit because it's not all bad obviously.

It's fun when it's challenging. When it stops being so (and it is does get to that point) i don't enjoy it so much. I am judging it by PES 2010's standards though. I had a good season with Villarreal up until the point where i came top on the highest difficulty and Barcelona/Real Madrid posed little challenge. I'm not saying i'm THAT good either.

I get wooped online too so there must be a lot of much better people.

I could have started one as Tenerife or something but i didn't see much fun in that because i don't know any of their players regardless of it perhaps being challenging.

I still do regard aspects like player development as linear. Ofcourse i don't expect it to be different as it's a console game.

Last edited:
Any news about a fake Bundesliga yet?

This latest news about even more players potentially missing from ML is depressing.

Weren't WENB supposed to have a new BAL preview?

I explained why i think it is but i added the end bit because it's not all bad obviously.

It's fun when it's challenging. When it stops being so (and it is does get to that point) i don't enjoy it so much. I am judging it by PES 2010's standards though. I had a good season with Villarreal up until the point where i came top n the highest difficulty and Barcelona/Real Madrid posed little challenge. I'm not saying i'm THAT good either.

I get wooped online too.

No it's fair enough lol. But it's on ML that I spend 90% of my time in a PES game. If the game is good, ML is awesome.

Well it eventually get's too easy if you spend enough time with it. Since you can't change team's anyway, after 10 years of ML you'll have tons of money and the best players in the game.

Notice that I'm talking about ML in PES 5/6. I barely played it in the last 3 years.

Any news about a fake Bundesliga yet?

This latest news about even more players potentially missing from ML is depressing.

Weren't WENB supposed to have a new BAL preview?

Doesn't seem we'll be getting a fake league resembling Bundesliga, but we do have two "blank" leagues we can edit.

BAL details come this weekend.

No it's fair enough lol. But it's on ML that I spend 90% of my time in a PES game. If the game is good, ML is awesome.

Well it eventually get's too easy if you spend enough time with it. Since you can't change team's anyway, after 10 years of ML you'll have tons of money and the best players in the game.

Notice that I'm talking about ML in PES 5/6. I barely played it in the last 3 years.

ML in pes5 and 6 is better. It's exactly the same concept obviously but i can have more fun playing it than in PES2010. Actually I can have more fun playing Pes5 now than 2010 full stop. I'm sure it's because it's more difficult. You can have a wonderteam but on 6 stars you aren't always going to win.

That's something that really concerns me, AI difficulty. If it's the same as PES 2010 then it's going to break the game for me apart from local multiplayer. It's not something i've heard much about either......

Last edited:
i said this over on http://kitanamedia.com/forums/posti...ee7a045af726d4a43ccc1a65d8140&t=3190&p=150682 quoting some of u guys indirectly i recieved this answer from alan who is currently previewing the game

Alan said:
shickadim said:
Dogheads and paper balls are things sitting around that they can throw in with no real time or resources used - the things we want need at least some ability used - I still think we can get the extra slots if Jon pushes the right button high enough.

But I am sorry to say - if editing was perfect and the gameplay was a step back the game would have been crucified and rightfully so.

Editing has been crap for years now (on nxt gen consoles) the editing mode was excellent in PES5. That game had tons of kit templates and font and number styles, plus more kit editing options, to the extent that it was quite straightforward to create very accurate looking kits.

All I (and others) ask is that Konami get the edit mode back to that level. I can't imagine that the edit mode is that time consuming to improve, but is something that is vitally important to the PES community. For example, how much development time would it take to insert an option to apply logos to shorts?

I understand and agree that gameplay comes first, but five years into the next-gen era and the edit mode is still lagging behind PES5.

Edit mode is fine...and possibly unfinished regards what can and can't be done.

Doesn't seem we'll be getting a fake league resembling Bundesliga, but we do have two "blank" leagues we can edit.

BAL details come this weekend.

I look forward to the preview, I gave up on last years BAL for a few reasons but my biggest gripe was the way the AI would force me into positions.

"]
TheBroad said:
adamneaves said:
Hmmmm :P

Did anyone try Birmingham City.. or were they left out! :oops:
I didn't try them, nor did anybody actually!
shickadim said:
thanks sorrry mate it was just me expressing my thoughts, i do hope either yourselves or jon can put forward fans views re edit mode as this to me and many others is an improtant factor esp as not having the liscensing this feature within the game allows us to make more realistic
No need to apologise :)

Some great points raised and don't worry - not having the licenses won't hinder the game, not with the option file this year!

thanks well heres hoping amigo it would b nice to recreate the good old days of pes, :) i guess its a matter of wait n see unless urselves n jon are leaving it as a suprise ;)

Last edited:
Edit mode is fine.

Alan says so

not being funny but i dont think he can say that until he has made all emblems and added all kit pngs necessary to cover all the unlicenced national and club teams in the game,if the edit mode is currently the same as pes2010 it will not be possible to make all emblems and all kit pngs.

I thought we had teams A-Z to edit. Was that fake?

Still very disappointed we won't have the whole database available in ML. Goddammit.

I thought we had teams A-Z to edit. Was that fake?

Still very disappointed we won't have the whole database available in ML. Goddammit.

It was either Neoseeker or "Wikipedia" that made that up.

I think I'm going to turn religious all the sudden and pray to god they change that ML thing. I may go in a procession to Japan.

Back
Top Bottom