PES 2011 Discussion thread

That's because it's basic but the hype does make some people expect the world.

Plus I don't get your argument whatsoever. You say the hype machine sucked you in but really what has the machine hyped up apart from the gameplay? It's one thing to get sucked in and complain about hype but it's another to start expecting extraneous things that haven't been suggested by the hype machine.

I haven't read one preview that talks extensively and positively about the Sound, the new features of Editing (minus stadium creator) or ML. Has anybody else?

Many people have speculated that it's going to be like Fifa 08. It is going to be focussing on changing the gameplay above all else.

Didn't somebody who played the game say crosses had a power bar and weren't automated?

Plus no news about ML as of yet. It'll be very similar to PES 2010 though I imagine.

Last edited:
You're absolutely right Mitch, but I feel there's much more that could have been improved. I welcome all the gameplay improvements with open arms, but given the timeframe and manpower Konami had at their disposal, I was expecting them to turn it up a notch.
On the other hand, maybe I'm just a greedy git wanting too much :lol:

PS: Crosses indeed have a power gauge so you can determine the lenght, however ball-placement is completely scripted.

Last edited:
That's because it's basic but the hype does make some people expect the world.

Plus I don't get your argument whatsoever. You say the hype machine sucked you in but really what has the machine hyped up apart from the gameplay? It's one thing to get sucked in and complain about hype but it's another to start expecting extraneous things that haven't been suggested by the hype machine.

I haven't read one preview that talks extensively and positively about the Sound, the new features of Editing (minus stadium creator) or ML. Has anybody else?

Many people have speculated that it's going to be like Fifa 08. It is going to be focussing on changing the gameplay above all else.

Didn't somebody who played the game say crosses had a power bar and weren't automated?

Plus no news about ML as of yet. It'll be very similar to PES 2010 though I imagine.

Well, I can recall somebody tweeting : "EDIT MODE, OMG" for one.
To elaborate, there was a lot of speculation and general hyping up concerning sound (which was going to be completely different and re-recorded), ML being completely reworked and so on.

You'll have to apologise me for being too lazy to fetch some quotes somewhere, but I think some people can back me up on this ;)

Konami really need to get the demo out asap. Straight after Gamecom would be nice, although I doubt it would happen. I think we need to play this game to understand what's different about this year. PES2011 doesn't come across well in the videos released so far. But I'm sure I'll be hooked once I play the demo.

I agree with FreMM about the edit mode. It's totally underwhelming from the details given so far. Let's hope it's still work in progress.

You're absolutely right Mitch, but I feel there's much more that could have been improved. I welcome all the gameplay improvements with open arms, but given the timeframe and manpower Konami had at their disposal, I was expecting them to turn it up a notch.
On the other hand, maybe I'm just a greedy git wanting too much :lol:

PS: Crosses indeed have a power gauge so you can determine the lenght, however ball-placement is completely scripted.

Flip that coin, it's statistic based. Also, wait till you play the game, you never know you might just like it. But until you do, you'll never know. ;)

Last edited:
Konami really need to get the demo out asap. Straight after Gamecom would be nice, although I doubt it would happen. I think we need to play this game to understand what's different about this year. PES2011 doesn't come across well in the videos released so far. But I'm sure I'll be hooked once I play the demo.

I agree with FreMM about the edit mode. It's totally underwhelming from the details given so far. Let's hope it's still work in progress.

Right after Gamescom would be ideal, but I can't see it happen. I hope we get it at least early september, since the release date seems to be 2 weeks sooner too

The guys from PESgaming said crosses are pretty much unchanged (read same as 2010).

I think the hype has gotten to some of you - ok edit mode is not perfect but you are getting a stadium creator plus more teams to edit. Passing has been opened up, many animations have been redone and consequentially physical play has evolved - also tricks and defending options have been increased and most importantly the response times and refs have been fixed.

As a whole that seems miles ahead of last years game so if that is what you were playing you should be happy. It isnt the promise land but most sports games arent.

Hopefully they can sort out gks fully and up the slots to an adequate level in time.

I even forgot the re-vamped tactics screen and extended tactical options. If the AI is solid in this game you guys will play the hell out of it this year and will be name-dropping it in years to come.

I think the hype has gotten to some of you - ok edit mode is not perfect but you are getting a stadium creator plus more teams to edit.

More teams to edit, yes, but not nearly enough save slots to edit all the emblems properly, which renders all the extra teams next to pointless. Also the kit editing options are the same as last year, so no added functionality such as adding logos to shorts and the back of shirts. All simple things which Konami ignore in favour of dog heads and paper balls.

The console modders must be seriously pissed off.

More teams to edit, yes, but not nearly enough save slots to edit all the emblems properly, which renders all the extra teams next to pointless. Also the kit editing options are the same as last year, so no added functionality such as adding logos to shorts and the back of shirts. All simple things which Konami ignore in favour of dog heads and paper balls.

Modders aren't the only ones that are going to be pissed. Those who benefit from the modders work too.

There's still the chance this gets sorted out before the final release. I mean, how hard can it be? To add a few more slots?

But those dog heads and paper balls are things sitting around that they can throw in with no real time or resources used - the things we want need at least some ability used - I still think we can get the extra slots if Jon pushes the right button high enough.

But I am sorry to say - if editing was perfect and the gameplay was a step back the game would have been crucified and rightfully so.

Editing has been crap for years now (on consoles) and the problem was they shouldnt of made a big deal about it because we are spoilt - I am just saying take it as a whole - the product seems to be vastly ahead of last years effort.

The slot thing is a big oversight though that in-house should have picked up on and sorted first.

if it stays as is i wont bother making another file for ps3 pes2011:COAT:

WENB just reported the full list of libertadores teams that will be in PES 2011:
Many questions in the Q&A about this, so though would let you guys know the deal with this mode.

40 teams ALL LICENSED

Chivas De Guadalajara
Monarcas Morelia
Monterrey
Club San Luis
Estudiantes Tecos
C.A. Banfield
C.A. Colon
Estudiantes De La Plata
C.A. Lanus
Newell’s Old Boys
Velez Sarsfield
C. Blooming
Bolivar
Real Potosi
S.C. Corinthians
Cruzeiro
Flamengo C.R.
Internacional
Sao Paulo F.C.
Universidad Catolica
Universidad De Chile
Colo-Colo
Once Caldas
Althletico Junior
Independiente Medellin
Deportivo Cuenca
C.S. Emelec
Deportivo Quito
Cerro Porteno
Club Libertad
Nacional
Alianza Lima
Juan Aurich
Universitario
Club National
C.A. Cerro
Racing Montevideo
Caracas F.C.
Deportivo Italia
Deportivo Tachira

Outside this mode, we have 2 other teams in Latin America league:

C.A. Boca Juniors
River Plate

But those dog heads and paper balls are things sitting around that they can throw in with no real time or resources used - the things we want need at least some ability used - I still think we can get the extra slots if Jon pushes the right button high enough.

But I am sorry to say - if editing was perfect and the gameplay was a step back the game would have been crucified and rightfully so.

Editing has been crap for years now (on consoles) and the problem was they shouldnt of made a big deal about it because we are spoilt - I am just saying take it as a whole - the product seems to be vastly ahead of last years effort.

The slot thing is a big oversight though that in-house should have picked up on and sorted first.

Actually, no the editing mode was excellent in PES5. That game had tons of kit templates and font and number styles, plus more kit editing options, to the extent that it was quite straightforward to create very accurate looking kits. All I (and others) ask is that Konami get the edit mode back to that level. I can't imagine that the edit mode is that time consuming to improve, but is something that is vitally important to the PES community. For example, how much development time would it take to insert an option to apply logos to shorts?

I understand and agree that gameplay comes first, but five years into the next-gen era and the edit mode is still lagging behind PES5.

Have to agree. Much more appealing to me to play with those teams instead of the "european" one's.

Also, I'm concerned about something, Adam mentioned in WENB's Q&A that we can't hire players from teams not in ML on preview code Master League. I hope they change this, because there's a huge amount of good players from copa dos libertadores teams that would go to waste.

Well that's just great. :RANT:

FFS Konami are so annoying sometimes. First the nets, then the number of emblems in edit mode and now the possibility of no Copa Libertadores players in ML. I thought that the Copa Libertadores would be fully integrated into ML. I hope it is for the final version.

Good news about the fully licensed Copa Lib teams, I guess.

But if this massive new database of players cannot be used in the Master League then that's a hall of fame clanger from Konami.:CONFUSE:

FFS Konami are so annoying sometimes. First the nets, then the number of emblems in edit mode and now the possibility of no Copa Libertadores players in ML. I thought that the Copa Libertadores would be fully integrated into ML. I hope it is for the final version.

That doesn't make much sense, since we only have European leagues in the game, and Copa dos Libertadores isn't a league.

When I made my comment it was about this generation.

I too loved editing and having a great edited OF but looking as a whole I cant throw out the baby with the bathwater.

I guess all that can be done is to continue probing Jon so he passes on the message.

Have to agree. Much more appealing to me to play with those teams instead of the "european" one's.

Also, I'm concerned about something, Adam mentioned in WENB's Q&A that we can't hire players from teams not in ML on preview code Master League. I hope they change this, because there's a huge amount of good players from copa dos libertadores teams that would go to waste.

No Ganso, Neymar, Vagner Love, Fred, Buonanotte, Humberto Suazo, avaliable to buy :CRY::CRY::CRY:

I thought they would use the Copa Libertadores teams in the Master League. You would then play in that tournament and the winners would play the winners of the Champions League in the Konami Cup.

when I read about sweet wrappers in PES shop..............I stopped reaing:FAIL:

why spend time writing code for this shit when other basic stuff is far more important.............................major:FAIL:

There is 42 South American clubs in total in PES 2011. If they were all added into ML this year you could have two leagues - South America A & South America B and instead of having a similarly styled F.A. Cup for these leagues you would instead have the Copa Libertadores alongside the regular league matches and then the winners would play in the Konami Cup. There is room for integration.

Back
Top Bottom