PES 2011 Discussion thread

Having watched the video I'd also be disappointed in the main if that was my only experience of PES2011. It really doesn't show off the 360 degree "freedom" at all and you don't get a feeling of the flow of the game either.

I agree that it looks like the person in charge is using the D-pad in terms of how the players move with the ball. Whether that's what actually happened I don't know but I don't remember it looking that stilted.

There's enough in the video for PES aficionados to spot the advances and differences but I can't see it swaying fence sitters.

I'm not going to try and make excuses for how it appears but rest assured I have no hidden agenda and stand by my preview impressions from the updated E3 code I played. It should be good as long as they fix what they've said they'd be fixing (goalkeepers I'm looking at you).

I guess you really do need to feel this one. Ooh er.

Seriously, guys, this isn't YouTube. Can you keep the discussions respectful and about the game please...

I don't know if the nets will change for PES 2011. I was at Gamescom last year for PES 2010 and the nets on that version was not the same as in the full game. I'll give you an example:

Full version PES 2010

net2010.jpg

Gamescom version PES 2010

netgamescom.jpg

In my opinion is the Gamescom version far better. I hope Konami will notice this too.

PS: Sorry for moaning about the nets :EMB:

I think the difference is not the shape, but the lighting, color (whiter), and maybe the thickness of the strings..

I'm a net-freak too :D
and I do not get, why they keep this stupid nets, but overall happy with the news..

Do you have any shame for the love of god... cmon guys give credit to Konami the game is definitely wayyyy better then the last 3 games... and if you want a perfect game then go play real football...!

better ? every year is the same bs ,, its new better pes ,be ready''...anyway we dont know yet hmmmm ? I just talking about animations what is still not as it should be in 2010 year + i didnt notice 360 there ? ;)

Having watched the video I'd also be disappointed in the main if that was my only experience of PES2011. It really doesn't show off the 360 degree "freedom" at all and you don't get a feeling of the flow of the game either.

I agree that it looks like the person in charge is using the D-pad in terms of how the players move with the ball. Whether that's what actually happened I don't know but I don't remember it looking that stilted.

There's enough in the video for PES aficionados to spot the advances and differences but I can't see it swaying fence sitters.

I'm not going to try and make excuses for how it appears but rest assured I have no hidden agenda and stand by my preview impressions from the updated E3 code I played. It should be good as long as they fix what they've said they'd be fixing (goalkeepers I'm looking at you).

I guess you really do need to feel this one. Ooh er.

Mart, this coming from you is good, because you played the game, and even so you can see that the video don´t keep up with what you´ve played, but how can we who dont played it? I´m not rellying on others opinions anymore, since they where not that accurate last 3 years.

So, its more than fairly for those ones who dont like the last games ( like me and many ), to point the bad things and the good things, and not just keep, saying "wow awesome" "PES is back" or that "thats the best PES ever, based on opinions of the ones who played, that are in majority PES fans and run PES sites, and not saying all but the majority i would say 90% are a bit biased.

I have given my opinion back there, and pointed out good things and bad things, based in what i saw, and in a constructive way.

The problem in this forums is just, that, when we criticise the game, many people here,will just say, "have you played it" " how could you say that if you dont played the game", but then those same people keep saying when they saw the video that the game is back and is all good thing when their not.

I like what i saw but, there are some things that just dont seem right, not even in the easyest mode. Last year no one talked about keepers and when we saw gameplay videos at gamescom, the reactions where, wether people who playing are noobs or the game is in easy mode, and majority of pes Fan sites keep saying is a good game, when its not that good, i would say average, and in the end keepers where worst than ever.

The whole point of my comment is, that its more than fair to have our doubts on the gameplay video we saw, and to point more its bads than its goods, because Konami have given us reasons to do so, in last three years, and its not the opinion of a million sites saying the game is wonderfull, that would make me believe in that, because if it was for those site opinions and general media opinions, las year everyone here would have played FIFA, instead of PES.

I like more the PES feeling of the gameplay, but i haven´t felt it for long time, maybe its that what makes people over positive and over negative, but all have their reasons, once they are not just "its bad" or "its good"
Sorry the long post just My Opinion

Last edited:

Official "fence sitter" here, and I can say that though I may have yet to be completely swayed, it's looking extremely likely that I'll be buying PES for the first time in a few years.

Since going over to FIFA with FIFA 08, I've been waiting for PES to return to form. Fingers crossed that it's this year!

I LIKE: :D
- MENUS (but Messi looks a bit gay.)
- I liked the national anthem (it would be nice if the fans singing the anthem too).
- I like the comments: Germany and Netherlands
- I like the gameplay
- I liked the environment sound.
- I liked the new Camera
-----------
I DON'T LIKE: :(

- missing flags, banners hanging on the tribune.
- 0:53 the fans dont moving (I know that is loading the game, but something else would be better)!
- FANS REALLY STOP (in the Copa Libertadores, fans skip over 90min)
- I dont like the GOALKEEPER.
- 3:30 - FAIL goalkeeper. crossing in the small area and the goalkeeper did not come out (within the small area, is the goalkeeper)!
- the fans of the visiting team does not sing
- missing party in the TRIBUNES.
- Songs of Argentina, did not seem to South American, it seems European singing (castellana soul is missing.).
- robotic animations.

Me gustó:
- MENUS (pero me parece que Messi salio un poquito GAY.)
- HIMNO NACIONAL (Sería bueno los fans cantando el himno también)
- Me gustó la presentación de observaciones: Germany and Netherlands.
- Me gustó el juego.
- Me gustó el ambiente sonoro.
- Me gustó de nueva camera.

No me gustó:

- Falta banderas, trapos en las gradas.
- 0:53 - La Hincha no se mueve (sé que se está cargando el juego, pero cualquier cosa será mejor)
- Hinchada muy amarga (Las hinchas de LIBERTADORES salta y canta durante 90 minutos).
- No me gustó mucho de los porteros.
- 3:30 - portero FRACASO. cruce en el área pequeña y el portero no salió (en el área pequeña, es de lo portero)!
- La hincha visitantes no canta!
- estas faltando fiestas en las canchas.
- Canciones de Argentina no parece sudamerica, parece europeu cantando. (Falta alma castellana).
- animaciones robóticas.

fangoal.jpg

Last edited:
The video is pretty bad if we exclude menus and presentation !

When you watch only players with the ball, everything looks OK, but the other players are so random movements , glitches ,robotic animations, all this are typical for PES 2010!

I truly believe that there is sufficient time Konami to fix it all. Wait to see the GC 2010 code.
Who from you will be there ?

Last edited:
The video is pretty bad if we exclude menus and presentation !

When you watch only players with the ball, everything looks OK, but the other players are so random movements , glitches ,robotic animations, all this are typical for PES 2010!

I truly believe that there is sufficient time Konami to fix it all. Wait to see the GC 2010 code.
Who from you will be there ?

really: :(

the other players are so random movements , glitches ,robotic animations, all this are typical for PES 2010!

Last edited:
just found out that there are only 46 EMBLEM spaces for pes2011!! so in 1 year konami have added just 6 more spaces...

http://kitanamedia.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3190&p=149337#p149337

so this year in edit mode we will need 19 emblems for EPL
6 emblems for La Liga
18 emblems for League B
16 emblems for 2nd Division
4 emblems for above leagues
Total 63 Emblems

thanks konami for ruining the ps3 edit mode for us file makers again this year

facepalmdz6.jpg

Why do this, Konami? Why?

Why dont u tell us your opinion...?

I guess youre a guy started playing the Pes series from Pes2008 and after...

Why the fuck dont u explain to all of us what GAME ENGINE IS?

The main "ENGINE" have in side some small engines. Do you know what I mean? It's not easye say change engine! They can create some new engines inside main "ENGINE" for example to make better use motion capture technology.

Last edited by a moderator:
The main "ENGINE" have in side some small engines. Kid do you know what I mean? It's not easye say change engine! They can create some new engines inside main "ENGINE" for example to make better use motion capture technology.

Sorry to budge but engines inside 'main engine'?

Let's not complicate game engine design any more than it already is...

http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=29618&seqNum=2

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article2259.asp

I'm disappointed on edit mode. They promised BIG news about edit and what we know about it now:

- Kit edit is the same as Pes 2010

- only 47 slots for emblems( we need minimum 70)

- stadium editor (but we can't make stadium like Emirates etc)

Where is a edit boot?

Where is unlimited slots?

What is this?:FAIL: Deep edit mode?:FAIL:

It will be ridiculous as FIFA with all licenses will have better edit mode than PES.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed on edit mode. They promised BIG news about edit and what we about it now:

- Kit edit is the same as Pes 2010

- only 47 slots for emblems( we need minimum 70)

- stadium editor (but we can't make stadium like Emirates etc)

Where is a edit boot?

Where is unlimited slots?

What is this?:FAIL: Deep edit mode?:FAIL:

It will be ridiculous as FIFA with all licenses will have better edit mode than PES.

if we only get 200 slots for kit pngs like pes2010 then we are screwed again also,every unlicenced teams needs 3 pngs for home away and keeper,works out we need about 350 slots to get all these kits corrected

What has been said in the reviews is that the edit mode is the still the same as in PES 10 juts with a few added things all the templates and hairstyles are the same,

They dont finish the Edit Mode till just before the game goes gold.

The code in September will tell us what has changed in the edit mode.

Premier League (English League)
Manchester United, resten har fel emblem, lagnamn och dräkter. Manchester United, the rest are wrong emblems, team names and costumes.
Ligue 1 (franska ligan) Ligue 1 (French league)
Alla lag. All teams.
Serie A (italienska ligan) Serie A (Italian League)
Alla lag. All teams.
Eredivisie (holländska ligan) Eredivisie (Dutch League)
Alla lag. All teams.
Liga BBVA (spanska ligan) Liga BBVA (Spanish league)
Alla utom Tenerife, Xerez, Malaga, Osasuna, Sevilla och Real Valladolid som har fel namn, emblem och dräkter. All but Tenerife Xerez, Malaga, Osasuna, Real Valladolid and Seville, which has the wrong name, emblem and costumes.
Övriga klubbar Other clubs
• Helt licensierade: Anderlecht, Club Brügge, Dinamo Zagreb, Slavia Praha, Sparta Praha, FC Copenhagen, HJK Helsinki, AEK Athens, Olympiakos, Panathinaikos, Paok FC, Rosenborg, Benfica, SC Braga, FC Porto, Sporting Lissabon, Dinamo Bucuresti, Cluj, Unirea Urziceni, Spartak Moskva, Rubin Kazan, Zenith St Petersburg, Celtic, Rangers, Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrad), AIK , FC Basel, Besiktas, Brascipor, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Shakthar Donetsk och Dynamo Kyiv. • Fully licensed: Anderlecht, Club Bruges, Dinamo Zagreb, Slavia Praha, Sparta Praha, FC Copenhagen, HJK Helsinki, AEK Athens, Olympiacos, Panathinaikos, PAOK FC, Rosenborg, Benfica, SC, Braga, FC Porto, Sporting Lisbon, Dinamo Bucuresti, Cluj, Unirea Urziceni, Spartak Moscow, Rubin Kazan, Zenith St. Petersburg, Celtic, Rangers, Crvena Zvezda (Red Star Belgrade), AIK, FC Basel, Besiktas, Brascipor, Fenerbahce, Galatasaray, Dynamo Shakthar Donetsk and Kyiv.
• Fel namn, emblem, spelarnamn och dräkter: Werder Bremer, FC Bayern München och Schalke 04. • Wrong names, emblems, player names and costumes: Werder Bremen, Bayern Munich and Schalke 04th
• Oidentifierade klubblag: Welbenkrahf • Unidentified club: Welbenkrahf
• Plus 39 latinamerikanska klubbar. • Plus 39 Latin American clubs.

So they lost Liverpool, Standard, Brondby, Wisla Krakow, Lokomotiv Moscow, Aberdeen, Hearts, Goteborg, Hammarby, Kalmar and Metalist licenses! :CURSE:
To gain what? Rubin Kazan and a bunch of South American clubs? :II

And what is Brascipor? Perhaps unlicensed Bursaspor?

btw, anybody knows if Huerpojauza, Alashergokh and friends are still there? they would be great slots for missing CL and EL teams

and what about those two editable leagues?

Back
Top Bottom