PES 2011 Discussion thread

So they lost Liverpool, Standard, Brondby, Wisla Krakow, Lokomotiv Moscow, Aberdeen, Hearts, Goteborg, Hammarby, Kalmar and Metalist licenses! :CURSE:
To gain what? Rubin Kazan and a bunch of South American clubs? :II

And what is Brascipor? Perhaps unlicensed Bursaspor?

btw, anybody knows if Huerpojauza, Alashergokh and friends are still there? they would be great slots for missing CL and EL teams

and what about those two editable leagues?

typical konami,they can never add new teams without taking others away,i think il go with the pc version this year,will save with the messing around with edit mode

typical konami,they can never add new teams without taking others away,i think il go with the pc version this year,will save with the messing around with edit mode

There's always my kit's :SMUG::DANCE: :LOL: joking

I have felt for the last few years especially, The PS3/Xbox version is more about almost creating, your own make believe teams for example like creating you and your mates on the game etc./.. rather than giving you the necessary tools to fully correct and license every team!

The mods on PC are sheer madness though, Kitserver, hopefully IF juce likes the game, stadium server along with endless other mods.

I think it's really important for gamescom and for the next videos coming later in august for the game to really be smoothed over, this game for the FIRST time on next gen has the setup and all the potential to be a smooth and fluid football game.

They also don't have to worry about catering for players who want an arcadey experience sine they can just set matches to +2 in the speed setting. This game could wow people, hiopefully when its put all together 100%

This could attract more modders, and who knows, more people like juce and stelious?

You sound surprised konami have done this? They do it EVERY version Jamie. Steal from Peter to pay Paul from PES1 upward.
Something is on one version but not carried over into the next one!:RANT:

Perhaps not surprised, but more deluded to think that one day Konami may learn that they need to keep adding features and expanding on things to get back to where they were with PES5. I hope what marshall88 says is correct about edit mode still being worked on. Maybe there is still time for Konami to add more slots and add some new kit templates.

Regarding licenses - I'm not too bothered at this stage. Negotiations will be ongoing right up until the last minute so I'm sure we'll get more teams before release. The loss of the Liverpool license isn't a surprise. I remember Adam saying it was gone many weeks ago. It'll be interesting to see who the second English team is this year.

im quite dissapointed with this be so called game of pes sieres i was think editing will b the don but hmmmmmmmmmm

So they lost Liverpool, Standard, Brondby, Wisla Krakow, Lokomotiv Moscow, Aberdeen, Hearts, Goteborg, Hammarby, Kalmar and Metalist licenses! :CURSE:

btw, anybody knows if Huerpojauza, Alashergokh and friends are still there? they would be great slots for missing CL and EL teams

Although I agree Konami can't add without reducing in some way, this whining of yours is just a matter of perspective. Half of these teams you said I have never heard about, on the other hand, this "bunch" of South American teams keep kicking european ass year after year at Fifa Club World Cup, not to mention the birthplace of the best soccer players playing in Europe nowadays...

Although I agree Konami can't add without reducing in some way, this whining of yours is just a matter of perspective. Half of these teams you said I have never heard about, on the other hand, this "bunch" of South American teams keep kicking european ass year after year at Fifa Club World Cup, not to mention the birthplace of the best soccer players playing in Europe nowadays...

Well said! +1

Nick I'm not going to qoute myself but I mentioned what the big edit mode reveal would be. Ffs konami, get it right. How the fuck can you have 300 things that need editing then make 60 slots available(hypothetic). Jon Murphy and others need a kick in the balls for leading us on. And we need a kick in the balls for falling for it again. At least the gameplay sounds superb, and it better be else they have high hopes of pulling the "hardcore" fans back....or was that why they brought the useless pillows, paper balls and gladiator helmets.

Aargh so much rage today :RANT: :RANT:

+1 I'd say every team in the top divisioon of Brazil and Argentina and most teams in Mexico, Uruguay, Colombia, Ecuador, Chile anre better and tbh more important teams than Brondby, Wisla Krakow, Aberdeen, Hearts, Goteborg, Hammarby, Kalmar

I don't like this whole 'only European team matter'! Shit. I'll also love to see some J legaue teams in (although they seem to get their own game :CONFUSE:)

Maybe even some Qatar, Saudi and UAE teams :LMAO: Here comes the money!

I'm sorry but saying that hearts, wisla krakow p, brondby et al are more important than the copa teams is an insult.

Still doesn't make it okay to remove teams. We are dealing with machines that can handle large amounts of memory......at least the PS3 can. (Runs for cover from the xbox fanboys)

I'm sorry but saying that hearts, wisla krakow p, brondby et al are more important than the copa teams is an insult.

Still doesn't make it okay to remove teams. We are dealing with machines that can handle large amounts of memory......at least the PS3 can. (Runs for cover from the xbox fanboys)

Xbox's are rubbish. I own one.

I'd rather have Hearts!:JAY:

Like if it had anything to do with memory, lol.

Having watched the video I'd also be disappointed in the main if that was my only experience of PES2011. It really doesn't show off the 360 degree "freedom" at all and you don't get a feeling of the flow of the game either.

I agree that it looks like the person in charge is using the D-pad in terms of how the players move with the ball. Whether that's what actually happened I don't know but I don't remember it looking that stilted.

There's enough in the video for PES aficionados to spot the advances and differences but I can't see it swaying fence sitters.

I'm not going to try and make excuses for how it appears but rest assured I have no hidden agenda and stand by my preview impressions from the updated E3 code I played. It should be good as long as they fix what they've said they'd be fixing (goalkeepers I'm looking at you).

I guess you really do need to feel this one. Ooh er.

Thank you.

That depends on particular point of view of each one of us. You may think that the teams from Copa Libertadores are just a "bunch of teams", But I, in particular (i'm south american), don't agree.

I think the other teams you mentioned there are just a "buch of team" to me as well. I don't give a fuck about them tbh.

But the more licensed teams, the better for everyone.

Having watched the video I'd also be disappointed in the main if that was my only experience of PES2011. It really doesn't show off the 360 degree "freedom" at all and you don't get a feeling of the flow of the game either.

I agree that it looks like the person in charge is using the D-pad in terms of how the players move with the ball. Whether that's what actually happened I don't know but I don't remember it looking that stilted.

There's enough in the video for PES aficionados to spot the advances and differences but I can't see it swaying fence sitters.

I'm not going to try and make excuses for how it appears but rest assured I have no hidden agenda and stand by my preview impressions from the updated E3 code I played. It should be good as long as they fix what they've said they'd be fixing (goalkeepers I'm looking at you).

I guess you really do need to feel this one. Ooh er.

You played PES11 already?

It's much better to have a full competition's worth of teams than individual ones scattered about.

And the teams from south america are probably from a very important international competition (Libertadore da America), at least for us (south americans).

I was not insulting South American teams in any way or saying that they are less important than those europeans removed by PES... it's just that Konami already had their license, so it's kinda shameful to lose them

I was not insulting South American teams in any way or saying that they are less important than those europeans removed by PES

Sorry but you still in the wrong here imo. Teams like Santos, Corinthians, Internacional, Estudientes etc.. are a lot more famous and important than in no disrespect Hearts, Bronby and Hammrby etc..!

Sorry but you still in the wrong here imo. Teams like Santos, Corinthians, Internacional, Estudientes etc.. are a lot more famous and important than in no disrespect Hearts, Bronby and Hammrby etc..!

Have to agree. Much more appealing to me to play with those teams instead of the "european" one's.

Also, I'm concerned about something, Adam mentioned in WENB's Q&A that we can't hire players from teams not in ML on preview code Master League. I hope they change this, because there's a huge amount of good players from copa dos libertadores teams that would go to waste.

Maybe you should re-read what he said :P

"I was not insulting South American teams in any way or saying that they are less important than those europeans removed by PES"

My 2 cents on the recent "wave of news": completely and totally underwhelmed...
Let's put things in perspective; animations look better, yes, as does the camera. But that's about it.
I honestly did not notice 1 thing that thoroughly impressed me I'm afraid.
Sound is terrible, crosses are still automated, the jittering between animations is still present, the overall atmosphere is still very lifeless and I could go on....
Where's the amazing edit mode? ( Whoopdi-fucking-doo, we can have half-arsed stadia )
Slots are limited once again, ML has not been expanded in any way, shape or form and no news on BAL whatsoever.
Sure, I can see some improvements, but it's not like it could get any bleedin' worse now, is it?
Will reserve final judgement 'till I have the sucka in my mits, but it still looks like Konami have their work cut out for them.
I think the hype machine got me all hyped up once again ( I'm looking at you, Mr WENB )
Please stop me if I'm gettin' too pessimistic, but this doesn't "woow" me one little bit....

Back
Top Bottom