PES 2011 Discussion thread

fantastic summary on why PES is and always has been the best.:APPLAUD::WORSHIP:
with your permission i will use this when i come across those who miss the point.

Feel free to use it, no problem. But bear in mind PES isnt the best and never will be the best for everyone. What I've written is simple basics for any footballer, and every footballer will agree with it 100%. But if you dont appreciate footballing technique, then everything I've written is pretty much wasted, and will fall on dear ears. I appreciate everything Konami do well, but I also see areas that need to be improved.

PES 2011 looks to be addressing alot of my small concerns. Freedom of passing combined with statistical AI assistance is a massive step forward. Also the retreating defensive jockeying system will certainly help stop those that abuse the superteams with player whoring. Konami did this with PES 5, but they cheated to achieve it. They stopped the ability of fast players to out-run slower defenders, which isnt realistic, but also incorporated extremely strict referee's to break up the flow of the game. This is the first time I have been able to see a relevant counteraction to players abusing the sprint flaw. Hopefully, for the sake of those who like to play fair Ranked matches, they set the default to Top Player.

On a downside, the feint linkages that they have added to PES 2011 are hideous, and completely against the usual Konami philosophy. A cheap sell-out by Seabass for me. Not good at all.:(

Edit -

A couple of tricks I was beginning to master was the ability to just either flick the ball ahead of yourself, or a rainbow flick to create space. I used Aimar whilst playing with Benfica to do a rainbow flick past a player in midfield just to the right of the box, and then volleyed the ball towards the left corner, with the ball just going over. It would have been a contender for goal of the season had it gone in. But the move certainly stuck in my memory, and that’s a great sign.

My eyes started to bleed after reading that. (Insert the worlds biggest Facepalm here)

Last edited:
Theres national anthem...but only for the home team???
Now theres a crowd celebration after goal...but only for the home team???
I hope we can select the cheer/crowd/supporters stance to home/neutral/away just like in old times.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with what I've seen from the video.

I don't understand why people still get disappointed by PES / Konami.

It's like a girlfriend that you have caught cheating at you 3 times, and you took her back (hoping she would change), now you just caught her for a 4th time and you are suprised.

Last edited:
I'm disappointed with what I've seen from the video. Not towards KONAMI as a whole.

Its natural to express disappointment/disagreement when things don't meet your expectations, I'm not whining/complaining in any shape or form.

I wish people would stop using birds as a metaphor for footie games.

Last edited:
IGN UK posted their impressions it was positive but they think the menus in PES 2011 are worse than FIFA's! What a bunch of idiots.

I prefer FIFA's animations by far...but i'm being unfair compairing one video with a game that is finished and that i've played for 10 months...

Can someone tell me if there will be a power gauge for every pass in the game?

I aks this because in the video, when podolski crosses theres no power bar at all, and the ball goes straight to the player on the box.

Didn´t they said the crosses will have a power bar to?

Can someone tell me if there will be a power gauge for every pass in the game?

I aks this because in the video, when podolski crosses theres no power bar at all, and the ball goes straight to the player on the box.

Didn´t they said the crosses will have a power bar to?

Yes really. Maybe those passes where lobs.

IGN UK posted their impressions it was positive but they think the menus in PES 2011 are worse than FIFA's! What a bunch of idiots.

FIFA is still leagues ahead in terms of menu presentation etc I mean look at this ingame menu from PES2011 - it looks pathetic!! What's with all the horrid TV lines? It looks really cheap and nasty

menucv.jpg

The main menu looks a lot better, but still a way off FIFA IMO. And I'm no FIFA fan boy - haven't bought a Fifa game since FIFA 96!!

On the other hand selecting game speed settings actually goes to game speed settings, whereas on FIFA it just opens up another layer of menu that then brings you to another layer of menu that leads you to choose menu A or menu B and then finally you can change the speed setting.

:)

I like how PES isn't so complicated in the menus.

I watched some videos guys and I saw that the problem the engine had and still has is the RESPONSE in players.

I cant understand why they didnt changed the MAIN ENGINE of game, if we all see the history , after 3 game series the game engine changed, so this must be here too but... I guess they bored to make a new game.

I dont know. I am a big fan of the game , but for first time i tried Fifa2010 and i played full manual.
I liked better the whole staff , well I hope Pes2012 will be made from the begining...

On the other hand selecting game speed settings actually goes to game speed settings, whereas on FIFA it just opens up another layer of menu that then brings you to another layer of menu that leads you to choose menu A or menu B and then finally you can change the speed setting.

:)

I like how PES isn't so complicated in the menus.

I agree, EA seem to think menus are part of the game, having to scroll through and through just to see your players stats is ridiculous..
Konami's may not look as nice in some screens but are far more user friendly...

I watched some videos guys and I saw that the problem the engine had and still has is the RESPONSE in players.

I cant understand why they didnt changed the MAIN ENGINE of game, if we all see the history , after 3 game series the game engine changed, so this must be here too but... I guess they bored to make a new game.

I dont know. I am a big fan of the game , but for first time i tried Fifa2010 and i played full manual.
I liked better the whole staff , well I hope Pes2012 will be made from the begining...

If you don't know what really "engine" mean please stop write bullshit.

I think this is also played on higher speed. They should not do that; it makes proper judgement very difficult.

So no new video materialised in the end? I didn't think the video leaked yesterday looked official enough to be honest. Only two weeks until Gamescom, though, so not long to wait until we get plenty of lengthy videos.

why didnt pesfan mention the numbers of kit pngs,team emblems,new teams and number of stadiums to create

thats a half arsed preview of edit mode if theres no hard facts from it

Strange if it was official indeed. Why show that crap goalkeeper on Danny's goal, where he turns and always face the ball while it goes past him, not exactly realistic behaviour. He even starts running after the ball when it passes by him :LOL:

why didnt pesfan mention the numbers of kit pngs,team emblems,new teams and number of stadiums to create

thats a half arsed preview of edit mode if theres no hard facts from it

It was built-up as an in-depth preview, but yeah it seemed a bit lightweight.

I'm very disappointed that Konami decided to invest time in creating pumpkin heads and paper balls to buy in the Pes Shop, but neglected the kit editing. No emblems on shorts or editing the back of shirts is bad news.

Stadium edit seems limited on the face of it.

Feel free to use it, no problem. But bear in mind PES isnt the best and never will be the best for everyone. What I've written is simple basics for any footballer, and every footballer will agree with it 100%. But if you dont appreciate footballing technique, then everything I've written is pretty much wasted, and will fall on dear ears. I appreciate everything Konami do well, but I also see areas that need to be improved.

PES 2011 looks to be addressing alot of my small concerns. Freedom of passing combined with statistical AI assistance is a massive step forward. Also the retreating defensive jockeying system will certainly help stop those that abuse the superteams with player whoring. Konami did this with PES 5, but they cheated to achieve it. They stopped the ability of fast players to out-run slower defenders, which isnt realistic, but also incorporated extremely strict referee's to break up the flow of the game. This is the first time I have been able to see a relevant counteraction to players abusing the sprint flaw. Hopefully, for the sake of those you like to play fair Ranked matches, they set the default to Top Player.

On a downside, the feint linkages that they have added to PES 2011 are hideous, and completely against the usual Konami philosophy. A cheap sell-out by Seabass for me. Not good at all.:(

Edit -

My eyes started to bleed after reading that. (Insert the worlds biggest Facepalm here)

I think the biggest mistake KONAMI are making is listening to the fans, or should i say the wrong fans and don't get me wrong because i say this because some don't know what they want and some don't know the basics that are needed to make a good football game most of which u pointed out.
this is the reason for the new feints system the fantastic graphics,sliders etc.
they are moving away from the basics and that is killing the gameplay and if they keep this up another company just might catch up.
i like the graphics believe me and new features are always a bonus but at what cost.

the time and effort that is being put in some things which don't add much to the gameplay should be adressed when that is out of the way.

fans complaining about nets,tucked ,untucked shirts,tatoos etc don't have a clue why we all fell in love with this game in the first place.

if you ask me KONAMI should work very closely with pro or ex pro football players to try and make the perfect football simulation,talk to defenders,midfielders and forwards about what they like and dislike about the game or engine what could be better and what should stay as it is.

KONAMI isn't that far of the mark or wasn't untill the next gen started giving us issues we weren't used to.
even looking at animations and response times PES 2008 had its issues but those weren't as bad as what followed.
someone needs to point KONAMI IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION cause if you ask me they are spending too much time on FIFA fan sites.

I seriously don't know where this "disappointed" here is coming from. If you're judging from the videos, then don't. People in this forum are closed in a room of darkness or something like that. If you don't trust WENB, go read Pesgaming and Pesfan previews, we have a good game that pes fans will enjoy, if you're a pes fan, you will too.

I seriously don't know where this "disappointed" here is coming from. If you're judging from the videos, then don't. People in this forum are closed in a room of darkness or something like that. If you don't trust WENB, go read Pesgaming and Pesfan previews, we have a good game that pes fans will enjoy, if you're a pes fan, you will too.

What about football fans? :SMUG:

Back
Top Bottom