PES 2011 Discussion thread

Does anybody know how many teams can be add? can you added alot more leagues now like people have been saying? I also think the celebrations are lackluster as is the case with all pes's. Something konami seriously need to work on.

Last edited:
Disapointed with the defending and keepers. Still looks like the pes of old. Players move way too quick again aswell. And before anyone has a go im a huge fan of the series.

Players move too fast in what way? Speed? Or rate of turning? The latter is because there isn't a momentum system in the game - something that they'll hopefully put in sooner or later. The former isn't really true though - the speed of players in that video is nothing like the sorts of speeds players achieve in a real match. The problem if anything is that you can't control your speed that accurately, but without using the triggers really carefully I don't see an easy way around it.

The game speed is too fast. Its still arcadish 100 miles and hour speed. When i got pes 2011 thank god we had kitserver to slow the speed down.

The game speed is too fast. Its still arcadish 100 miles and hour speed. When i got pes 2011 thank god we had kitserver to slow the speed down.

The speed looks spot on. But if you really cared that much, you would have noticed there's a slider now on the game, where you can adjust the game speed from -2 to +2

The speed looks spot on. But if you really cared that much, you would have noticed there's a slider now on the game, where you can adjust the game speed from -2 to +2

Well in your eyes it looks spot on were as i know its similar speed to pes 2010. The speed is what is giving the game the label arcadish. The option to slow it down we will see if it slows it down much. I hope so as i would like to get in on the console.

Let us not forget that time is relative so we cannot suggest if the speed is too fast or too slow. Perhaps that's how the speed works in that stadium.

Negative amount of mass. That must be why if it's too fast.

x lucky this Bolivia, Trinidad and Tobago and the U.S., will there be a new selection or not?
Tomorrow they will say if they will be all the teams of the Libertadores Cup or not?
+ hopefully see that there are no ranked teams

Well in your eyes it looks spot on were as i know its similar speed to pes 2010. The speed is what is giving the game the label arcadish. The option to slow it down we will see if it slows it down much. I hope so as i would like to get in on the console.

Ergh... I've seen people saying it's too slow, others saying it's too fast. I wonder if this people ever watched football. The only part of that video (8 minutes one) where it's fast is when it's supposed to be fast (the Messi goal in the end). And it's a hell of a lot faster, so if it works the same way in the other direction, it should be "hell of a lot slower".

Last edited:
On the positive side, I like the blur they add in goal celebrations like Özil's goal. :D

Oh and PES being the footballing footballer's dream of football simulation, well, sounds funny. :D

Anyone noticed the referee after blowing the whistle for kickoff? looks good too.

I just hope there is passing error in higher difficulties. Specially one that doesn't make error mean pass to the opponent player!

I hope we don't hear this 'new code' phrase much this time around. I'm saying that because you can add 5 lines of code in a 60% complete dev and say the code is now 70% complete and realise the 5 more lines improve nothing.

Completion does not necessarily mean better.

Actually there's nothing much negative about the preview. And they don't like the camera, how can anyone not like the camera =O

He said that the camera often lags behind so that you can't see who's receiving the ball and the situation around him, isn't that a pretty good reason for not liking it?

Had a read through the last few pages of argument, bias and some unbelievably pretentious posts on here, found the part on only 36 editable slots but do we know for certain how many leagues we can have in ML, is it two, three or more? :PRAY:...

http://www.g4m3.nl/pes-2011-hands-on-preview/#more-13941

"Conclusion
PES 2011 not just surprised me in a positive way, but has completely blown me away with this gigantic leap forward that the game has made. The game is pure class, runs extremely fluid, is all about real skills and practicing again and is the long awaited PES game that PES fans have been looking for now for many years. It’s still not a perfect game, but the game does so many things so right that this does not matter at all.

Perfection is an Utopia and in the World of Football and Universe of footie games it’s all about emotion, freedom, passion, creativity and competitiveness. PES 2011 will deliver loads of this and then some more. I really can’t wait to play the final version of the game, which will be even better, more polished and complete. The future looks very bright for PES, PES fans and footballgame fanatics."

Sls
Polter2k

I like you Jimmy cause you are a very interesting member of this community but you have to accept that what you consider to be the true footballer's game (PES) may not be the absolute truth for everyone.
I wouldn't go as far saying it's insulting but you have to realize we all have different criteria which determine what game corresponds the best to our concept of football.I just cannot understand how you can take your feeling for the game for how it should truly be for all those who love the technicality of football.
PES used to have a great realism and pure football about it but it lost it with the last 3 games and hopefully this is its return.Let's keep an open mind

Fair enough, but what really irks me from a technical standpoint is people that constantly claim that Fifa is the better game of football, with this superior gaming engine. That type of statement is ill-informed and highly uneducated from technical footballing standpoint. That is the statement that I challenge. Fifa has an animation system that is truly mind-blowing, world class in every conceivable area, but it serves to hide some serious flaws in the replication of real life football. The bread and butter stuff that are paramout in replicating the beautiful game are criminally over-looked in favour of polish and shine and impeccable visuals.

1. A varying first touch system is the basis for everything that follows in football, EA never address this.

2. Preferable feet, another massive part of the real game, again,criminally overlooked.

3. Individuality - every player has a unique skill-set made up of many technical aspects of game, this has to replicated and broken down in as many different areas as possible in order to create 11 individual players that collectively make up a completely unique team.

4. Form/Condition/Confidence - Individuality is one thing, but then PES takes that even further and quadruples the variables by adding 4 differing types of form/confidence/condition. Add into the equation the Form numbers added to PES 2010 that range from 1-6 which accurately simulate a players consistency throughout the season, and you have literally infinite individuality from game to game. This is genius. Confidence makes up a very high percentage of a footballers game, you can be one of the worlds greatest players, but without it, you can play like a schoolboy. See Rooney in the World Cup as a perfect example. Fifa doesnt address this, although to be fair, individuality needs to be strongly in place prior.

5. Angles - Football is all about angles and percentages. What I mean by that is you need to be able to create diverse body angles and postures that have a significant bearing on the percentage of accuracy of the consequential outcome of any pass, volley, shot, first touch or header. You simply cannot be facing one direction, be on your weaker foot and expect to reverse a pass or shot with greater degree of accuracy than a player that is posture perfect. Of course player statistics have a massive impact on this, and the higher the technical level of the individual player, the higher percentage that incorrect posture will have a more beneficial outcome. This is missing from Fifa, but again, individuality has to be in place prior in order for this theory to be executed.

I dont have a clue about programming, but when we talk about game engines, for me that means programming that can merge all of the above together to accurately simulate the game of football. In that regard PES does is brilliantly. More importantly, if Konami fall down slightly in any area, that fact that they strive to achieve this end result shows that they have a real understanding of how the game of football works. And as a footballer, you cannot help but appreciate their concept, philosophy and understanding of the mechanics.

There are alot more casual gamers out there looking for a quick fix, than they are people that truly understand footballing technique and can appreciate exactly what Konami have always strived to achieve. Hand on heart, I dont know any professional or semi-professional footballer that doesnt play PES over Fifa for all the reasons I've mentioned about. Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, Lee Catermole, Matty Bates, Stu Downing, David Wheater, James Morrison are just a few I've spoken to about PES over the years who are big fans of the series. You can add into the mix players Ashley Cole, John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Messi, Fabregas, who I've read that have vocally said in various publications that PES is their game of choice. There isnt any coincidence here, it's just how it is.

I so accept alot of people get alot of enjoyment out of Fifa, and I agree maybe my comment was a little harsh to say the least, but when your passionate about something, fully comprehend the very clever technical recreation of the game that Konami constantly strive to achieve, then these completely inaccurate suggestions and statements, that I know for a fact are just plain wrong, kind of winds me up a bit.

Last edited:

"Conclusion
PES 2011 not just surprised me in a positive way, but has completely blown me away with this gigantic leap forward that the game has made. The game is pure class, runs extremely fluid, is all about real skills and practicing again and is the long awaited PES game that PES fans have been looking for now for many years. It’s still not a perfect game, but the game does so many things so right that this does not matter at all.

Perfection is an Utopia and in the World of Football and Universe of footie games it’s all about emotion, freedom, passion, creativity and competitiveness. PES 2011 will deliver loads of this and then some more. I really can’t wait to play the final version of the game, which will be even better, more polished and complete. The future looks very bright for PES, PES fans and footballgame fanatics."

Sls
Polter2k

Great stuff.

@Jimmy: Now I agree with you.

"Conclusion

Sls
Polter2k
Did you see the info behind the article about the writer?
cemyildiz.jpg
Cem works as Non Retail Manager at Ubisoft - a function where he is responsible for linking and gaming brands and new business development. In his spare time he likes on the Xbox 360, PS3, PC, DS and PSP. Cem is a fan of PES, Modern Warfare, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, Fumito Ueda's work and games that the boundaries of creativity, unique and addictive gameplay worlds to explore.
So he is a colleague of Adam from WENB, in fact, the photo looks like him too :D

It puzzles me how most previews can be so positive and when we watch a video ourself we see some moves that are not so 360-moving, even robottic at times.
Did Konami offer a bad video again, like previous years( old build again :WHISTLE: ) or are those previewers too optimistic ( or not looking close enough )?

There are alot more casual gamers out there looking for a quick fix, than they are people that truly understand footballing technique and can appreciate exactly what Konami have always strived to achieve. Hand on heart, I dont know any professional or semi-professional footballer that doesnt play PES over Fifa for all the reasons I've mentioned about. Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Darren Fletcher, Lee Catermole, Matty Bates, Stu Downing, David Wheater, James Morrison are just a few I've spoken to about PES over the years who are big fans of the series. You can add into the mix players Ashley Cole, John Terry, Steven Gerrard, Messi, Fabregas, who I've read that have vocally said in various publications that PES is their game of choice. There isnt any coincidence here, it's just how it is.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SpoOky1611#p/c/ED2C60E12879D7D0/0/Mo8UGsszpUc

Did you see the info behind the article about the writer?

So he is a colleague of Adam from WENB, in fact, the photo looks like him too :D

It puzzles me how most previews can be so positive and when we watch a video ourself we see some moves that are not so 360-moving, even robottic at times.
Did Konami offer a bad video again, like previous years( old build again :WHISTLE: ) or are those previewers too optimistic ( or not looking close enough )?

Dunno, i suspect that they are playing the game on a higher difficulty that amateur unlike in the video, and not using the D pad.

Just an assmuption.

On that video the game surely looks better PES10.
But i'm not quite convinced that this is the giant leap PES needed. I'm not convinced by the animations. i will surely buy it because i long for an experience like PES3, 4 and 5 ...but i have a feeling that this game will be inferior to the one i loved (even inferior to PES6).

From what i've seen on the video i have the impression that FIFA10 is better than PES11.
I was optimistic about the game when i saw Riot's preview.

About the opinions on evo-web.
The people who liked PES 10 are those who like most what they have seen from PES11. If you read what they think about PES10 now and compare it to what they thought about PES10 in octobre 2009...it turns out that after all PES10 was not that good as they thought it was back then...this makes me suspicious.

I certainly can't judge a game from a couple of video's, i have to play it to have a better judgement. If you ask my (very unqualified) opinion about that last video: FIFA 10 is better...

PS: an afterthought. People are sure that the video was played on the lowest difficulty...how can they be so sure of that... i don't see the slightest conclusive indication about that. For what's it worth (nothing): i have a feeling that this video was a game between two players and not one player against the CPU, but maybe i should watch it again.

PPS: people are much too fanatic in this thread. It's only a video game. Respect each other and each other's opinion (mods included).

Last edited:
On that video the game surely looks better PES10.
But i'm not quite convinced that this is the giant leap PES needed. I'm not convinced by the animations. i will surely buy it because i long for an experience like PES3, 4 and 5 ...but i have a feeling that this game will be inferior to the one i loved (even inferior to PES6).

From what i've seen on the video i have the impression that FIFA10 is better than PES11.
I was optimistic about the game when i saw Riot's preview.

About the opinions on evo-web.
The people who liked PES 10 are those who like most what they have seen from PES11. If you read what they think about PES10 now and compare it to what they thought about PES10 in octobre 2009...it turns out that after all PES10 was not that good as they thought it was back then...this makes me suspicious.

I certainly can't judge a game from a couple of video's, i have to play it to have a better judgement. If you ask my (very unqualified) opinion about that last video: FIFA 10 is better...

In which aspects FIFA 10 is better?

Taken from this preview:
"During game play whilst playing I didn’t notice the animations all that much. By that I mean that I was concentrating on moving the ball about and working players into positions to receive the ball."

I think this pretty much sums why there isn't much talk about animation in the previews, these guys are playing the game, we are watching videos and able to scrutinize the animation without having to focus on anything else. Even the WENB guys said that the animations were still not on FIFA's level, I don't think they will be a talking point once we get our hands on the game ourselves.

Fair enough, but what really irks me from a technical standpoint is people that constantly claim that Fifa is the better game of football, with this superior gaming engine. That type of statement is ill-informed and highly uneducated from technical footballing standpoint. That is the statement that I challenge. Fifa has an animation system that is truly mind-blowing, world class in every conceivable area, but it serves to hide some serious flaws in the replication of real life football. The bread and butter stuff that are paramout in replicating the beautiful game are criminally over-looked in favour of polish and shine and impeccable visuals.

1. A varying first touch system is the basis for everything that follows in football, EA never address this.

2. Preferable feet, another massive part of the real game, again,criminally overlooked.

3. Individuality - every player has a unique skill-set made up of many technical aspects of game, this has to replicated and broken down in as many different areas as possible in order to create 11 individual players that collectively make up a completely unique team.

4. Form/Condition/Confidence - Individuality is one thing, but then PES takes that even further and quadruples the variables by adding 4 differing types of form/confidence/condition. This is genius. Confidence makes up a very high percentage of a footballers game, you can be one of the worlds greatest players, but without it, you can play like a schoolboy. See Rooney in the World Cup as a perfect example. Fifa doesnt address this, although to be fair, individuality needs to be strongly in place prior.

5. Angles - Football is all about angles and percentages. What I mean by that is you need to be able to create diverse body angles and postures that have a significant bearing on the percentage of accuracy of the consequential outcome of any pass, volley, shot, first touch or header. You simply cannot be facing one direction, be on your weaker foot and expect to reverse a pass or shot with greater degree of accuracy than a player that is posture perfect. Of course player statistics have a massive impact on this, and the higher the technical level of the individual player, the higher percentage that incorrect posture will have a more beneficial outcome. This is missing from Fifa, but again, individuality has to be in place prior in order for this theory to be executed.

I dont have a clue about programming, but when we talk about game engines, for me that means programming that can merge all of the above together to accurately simulate the game of football. In that regard PES does is brilliantly. More importantly, if Konami fall down slightly in any area, that fact that they strive to achieve this end result shows that they have a real understanding of how the game of football works. And as a footballer, you cannot help but appreciate their concept, philosophy and understanding of the mechanics.

I so accept alot of people get alot of enjoyment out of Fifa, and I agree maybe my comment was a little harsh to say the least, but when your passionate about something, fully comprehend the very clever technical recreation of the game that Konami constantly strive to achieve, then these completely inaccurate suggestions and statements, that I know for a fact are just plain wrong, kind of winds me up a bit.

fantastic summary on why PES is and always has been the best.:APPLAUD::WORSHIP:
with your permission i will use this when i come across those who miss the point.

If I understand you correctly you are talking about something that is basically a law of the universe. Even the highest valued games, 10/10 even, can get a right thrashing when a player or journalist is presented with a superior sequel, or seemingly superior (we haven't played the game, after all). Added features and changes put the flaws of the old game in starker contrast.

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed with what I've seen from the video.

There were instances when the ball is in the player's control doesn't look as how should I say, "separated" as in previous PES/WE games. I mean as the ball being a separate entity.

It looks as if it was connected to the player's feet with an invisible string. Making it look almost like FIFA, pre-next-gen.

Tactics and cinematics look great tho. :)

I honestly dislike the skill linking system. I like the skills system as they currently are(PES2010), I don't like the idea of every player being able to pull off skills too easily, there'll be plenty of showboating by kids who aren't at all concerned with playing a proper game of football.(Online-wise)

Back
Top Bottom