PES 2011 Discussion thread

Plus i meant in real life too. Like my friend who says PES 2010 has the same graphics as pes 2008 and are inferior to FIFA's. Loves Fifa but when i suggest the player models look better on Pes than FIFA he won't budge on the subject.

:LOL: i know too many people like that? wait, you hate pes?

I do think it's poor judgement of Konami to make a video with the A.I. on the lowest levels. Surely they have someone inside that huge building that can handle top player on their own game?

People want to see goals?

Maybe CPU AI is still being worked on?

Also

I really want to see if they've worked on keepers coming out to collect balls. Yesterday playing PES 2010 i tried to get my keeper to run out and clear a long ball which was destined to bounce just outside the box (nobody around the box). So he ran to the edge of the box and wouldn't run any further, let the ball bounce over him and when it was slightly behind him did a forward slide tackle. Needless to say i conceded.

Plus i meant in real life too. Like my friend who says PES 2010 has the same graphics as pes 2008 and are inferior to FIFA's. Loves Fifa but when i suggest the player models look better on Pes than FIFA he won't budge on the subject.

Here's what I posted somewhere (As someone who plays more Fifa than PES currently) :):

Xavi.jpg

"It's clear to me, although the technology in PES is much less advanced than that in Fifa, they've pushed the technology to the very limit and the results are very impressive indeed. Comparing the PES Xavi to the real one, the model is much closer than the Fifa version, this seems to be due to poor lighting and slightly exaggerated sloped shoulders on the Fifa model, aswell as a shirt which still looks like a leaf-blower has been stuck up it. (Although compared to Fifa 10 where the leaf blower was on max, in Fifa 11 it's stuck on low!). This comparison is actually a little unfair to Fifa, as it isn't technically an in-game shot and so the lighting and stances aren't necessarily what we'll see in a match."

The Xavi PES image is from my copy of PES2010 PC (Pesedit patch) and the Xavi Fifa image is from one of the Fifa 11 development videos, though it seems the models have been improved further in Fifa - Based on the Iniesta image floating about.

Last edited:
The thing is that I have criticized both games over and over that I almost stopped posting in both of their forums. I fed up with those niggles that keep transferred from one iteration to another and never fixed. That's why I go into mad mode from time to time.

That doesn't solve anything.

That doesn't solve anything.

I'm sorry but the irony is brilliant.

Is there anymore detail on the new tacking, I have long pleaded for tackling to be a skill not a button press in the other game.

If PES needs to have tacking as something you practice I will fore go the animations promise :)

I will be a true convert!!!

I´ve just finished, seeing the video in 720p for about 3 times.

Positive things:
  • pace of the game is perfect on the default speed
  • crosses, the animation is astonishing good, but i hope its not the same always
  • the referre, was good, yheyyy, its about time ( they make the right decision, everytime in this video )
  • Improved animations
  • Player models
  • Stadiums and grass, they are very real and consistent
  • response time, seem so much better now
  • The animations are very credyble, and in majority well linked, dispite one or to moves less realistic

Bad things
  • high passes, i fell they are a little bit "balloned"
  • Headers, the Ozil one was not good, is not facing the ball, and e heads it perfectly. He should be stepping backward to get the right position to head the ball.
  • Hope there´s more header animations
  • Penalty taking, good i hate that camera on penaltys
  • Keeper animation when falling, always like eating grass with is face always looking down.
  • Passes, it seems to easy, i don´t see a missed pass, in all video... are they optional? But as everyone who played keeps saying you have to adapt ( but only if you want to do them manual no? )
  • Crosses dont have the power bar ( wasn´t supposed to be in crosses to?? )
  • Keepers, even in the easy mode they should move, but it seems sometimes, in the video they stay static, when the ball is in the area, they should at least runn for it.
  • 360º, despite being better, basically due to the new animations, it keeps looking more 32 directions ( but to be honest i think thats a PES thing, and the way players turn are very realistic )

In an overall i think the game, is a major step forward regarding last year game, it keeps having some flaws, but
i think in generall those flaws ( not all ) will be almost not visible when we are playing and emerged in the
fantastic gameplay the game seems to have. Good times ahead for PES and Konami, this year i will buy it again, and i hope
i dont have to sell it passed 1 or two months like the last one. Looking forward to play this beauty.

I´ve just finished, seeing the video in 720p for about 3 times.

Positive things:
  • pace of the game is perfect on the default speed
  • crosses, the animation is astonishing good, but i hope its not the same always
  • the referre, was good, yheyyy, its about time ( they make the right decision, everytime in this video )
  • Improved animations
  • Player models
  • Stadiums and grass, they are very real and consistent
  • response time, seem so much better now
  • The animations are very credyble, and in majority well linked, dispite one or to moves less realistic

Bad things
  • high passes, i fell they are a little bit "balloned"
  • Headers, the Ozil one was not good, is not facing the ball, and e heads it perfectly. He should be stepping backward to get the right position to head the ball.
  • Hope there´s more header animations
  • Penalty taking, good i hate that camera on penaltys
  • Keeper animation when falling, always like eating grass with is face always looking down.
  • Passes, it seems to easy, i don´t see a missed pass, in all video... are they optional? But as everyone who played keeps saying you have to adapt ( but only if you want to do them manual no? )
  • Crosses dont have the power bar ( wasn´t supposed to be in crosses to?? )
  • Keepers, even in the easy mode they should move, but it seems sometimes, in the video they stay static, when the ball is in the area, they should at least runn for it.
  • 360º, despite being better, basically due to the new animations, it keeps looking more 32 directions ( but to be honest i think thats a PES thing, and the way players turn are very realistic )

In an overall i think the game, is a major step forward regarding last year game, it keeps having some flaws, but
i think in generall those flaws ( not all ) will be almost not visible when we are playing and emerged in the
fantastic gameplay the game seems to have. Good times ahead for PES and Konami, this year i will buy it again, and i hope
i dont have to sell it passed 1 or two months like the last one. Looking forward to play this beauty.

Very well said :) In the end, it's all about the gameplay.

Oh dear, there really are some highly uneducated people on here. Stick to Fifa lads, it's made exactly for your sort. ;)

You see this is what's wrong with this side of the forum. You all get very upset when people make negative comments about PES (which generally are perfectly justifiable) and then you make a comment like that from the safety of this side of the forum in which you essentially say:

"FIFA is made exactly for highly uneducated people"

What's more is that straight after it a moderator as good as posts in affirmation - and then adds on more, before another user goes further still. If you want to debate people's criticism, go for it - but instead you just go straight for ad hominem, insulting and baseless attacks - but you go further still to imply that everyone who likes FIFA is the same.

One of the worst things about PES is the -utter- snobbery about it. It's one thing having casual gamers who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about but that is utterly pathetic. I thought there were places on the internet for people who find it difficult to imagine that PES has a real competitor which for the last few years has, in the eyes of the vast majority, been its superior, but I didn't think it was here.

I wonder what my punishment would be if I posted:

Oh dear, there really are some complete delusives in here, don't worry - PES is made for people like them.

But the difference is - I don't believe it, and I wouldn't say it even if I did.

Last edited:
http://www.pesfan.com/

PES 2011 Preview - Editing Explained...

There have been two significant jewels in the crown throughout the PES series, the much loved Master League and, hand-in-hand with that, the in-depth editing functionality. Over the years they have both developed significantly - particularly editing, which has been helped in a big way by the growth of the online community, allowing PES fans to easily share their hard work with others - and, at present you are never more than a few clicks away from an overwhelming library of Kits, Option Files and Crowd Chants etc, the fruits of hours of painstaking labour.

Despite the massive demand for it - editing on Konami’s football title peaked on the last generation of consoles, allowing kits in particular to be customised to previously unprecedented levels. On PES 5 users could edit chest logos and kit colours, add writing to players’ backs, emblems to shorts, and a variety of other tweaks - but the series and has struggled to reach those dizzy heights recently. The switch to the current gen saw the series’ evolution stripped back to the basics, with PES 6 offering very little in terms of editing - a world away from its predecessor.

PES 2008, 2009 and 2010 all started to right the wrongs created by the generation switch - so what can we expect from 2011? Rumours of “full kit creation”, similar to the system used on the PC version were doing the rounds - which would have been a “tick-all-boxes” solution but unfortunately we’re still not at that level for console users. In fact there hasn’t been much new added in terms of kit creation - at present we can still add chest logos and change the kit markings but the back of the shirt, shorts and socks still remain relatively untouchable, and we still lack the ability to add an outline colour to squad numbers.

Additions and Reinstatements
So what’s changed? Well, firstly let’s cover what’s returned... When it comes to PES, we’re not strangers to being frustrated at the surprise removal of those tiny little things that we don’t notice until they’re taken away from us - so, the 96% of people that voted for its return will be happy to know that the “Base Copy” option has been come back in PES 2011. For those that don’t know - Base Copy allows you to copy the aspects of one player and drop them onto another, for ease of editing.

Also, and somewhat more significantly - “PES Shop” finds its way back to the series in the next PES release - now accessible via the main menu as an option called “Extra Content”. From here you can purchase new hairstyles for use in edit mode - which not only include the “bespoke” hairstyles used by the superstars (Beckham, Messi, Ronaldo etc) but also the stranger items that have been seen in the past. We’ve previously been able to play as penguins, or ride ostriches whilst chasing the ball on the pitch, and though I can’t claim to have seen those options in 2011 I did see pumpkin heads and gladiator helmets which hopefully give us a taste of things to come. And, akin to this - we’ve become used to a variety of different balls, but now the options available for purchase in the PES store include a pillow, a classic brown leather ball, a sweet (in a wrapper), a barrel and even a ball of paper.

Also, gone are the days of playing and replaying the league/cup modes to unlock all players - as Classis Players and Classic Teams can once again be purchased from the Extra Content area. This will no doubt go down well with the completionists - as I’ve often been told of the frustration of having to complete the International Cup with multiple teams to get all players, a process which takes hours of repetitive play.

There is also a hint that DLC will be taken down via the Extra Content section in future - which we haven’t had any info on, other than an option that suggests so. My guess is that we’ll be treated to a selection of both free and paid for items via PSN/Xbox Live (a quick reminder that this build is essentially the finished article - barring all online capabilities, as well as final licensing/kits/rosters and possibly a few game play tweaks).

New options for editing leagues have been introduced - we can now add emblems to a specific to a league/Cup rather than just simply changing its name, and those emblems can be added to players’ sleeves too (left, right or both) much like the “football” logo seen in the Champions League mode. Also, drawing further comparisons with the Champs League - a specific entrance theme can be designated, adding a slight broadcast quality to the intro scenes.

Allied to this - a league/cup name audio file can be specified too. We didn’t test this - but I’m guessing that a short sound bite can be entered for commentary purposes? This would work well with the new intro commentary which now says team names, and even geographical references (“city rivalry” was mentioned in a match between two unlicensed London teams).

Other League based tweaks include the option to specify a particular match ball, and also the ability to edit league structure. We can now move teams from one league to another manually. Also, any editing done in PES 2010 can be imported with the “import prequel data”, which will save time for those that like to put a lot of manual work in.

Stadium Editor
2011’s most publicised editing improvement has been the ‘all new’ Stadium Editor - you now have the potential to create and personalise stadiums, which can added to the teams of your choice. Fancy making a stadium to accompany your Merseyside Blue - well now you can!

Though simplistic at first glance, this could be a bit more of a complex addition than it seems. Essentially, building a stadium just requires the choosing from the following:
• 8 types of “Turf Pattern”
• 8 types of “Layout” (which is basically the outer shape of the pitch)
• 8 types of “Track Image” (choose whether to have a racing track, gravel concrete etc surrounding the pitch)
• 6 types of Stand

Creating the stands has some sub-elements such as choosing seat colour, the design of the managers’ bench (4 options) and the light intensity. Also, as was shown with some old school Konami graphics on the recently released images - the designs can be completed by adding your own artwork for advertising boards and in-stadium banners. Depending on the size of the stands, you have between 4 and 7 elements that can be customised, allowing a lot of potential for personalisation. Finally, the finish of the stands can be chosen; corrugated metal, steel - or even a wooden effect roof for the lower league teams.

Once all that has been put together - it’s time choose the setting for your stadium. You are given the option to specify a background layout, with a variety of both urban and rural backdrops. After that, you can also add a background image, with stock items including city scenes - and a mountain range that looks suspiciously similar to the one seen in the background on the PES 3 intro (a little bit of nostalgia for you).

As with aspects within the stadiums themselves, the backgrounds can be customised even further by adding your own images. Sticking with the aforementioned Merseyside Blue example, uploading a picture of a panoramic view of a relative Merseyside Area could give your stadium the finishing touches that’s needed to bring it to life.

So, what’re your thoughts on what you’ve read? Overall, I’m quite pleased with what I’ve seen, though I must say I was hoping for more. It may just be personal opinion, but I’d have liked to have a greater degree of control when it comes to kit creation - the amount of work that is being put into creating unofficial option files easily warrants the ability to add extra details.

We also have two leagues of fake clubs which can be fully edited and customised to represent any teams of your choice - which is a positive as we can stop teams like Ganzoraccio from entering the Champions League, and also lose the potential for “Player A12” to appear in Master League or Become A Legend by accident. The downside was that it looks like we are limited to editing these teams - I couldn’t find the potential to add any extras.

The stadium editor is a worthwhile addition for those that will embrace it. As mentioned, it seems pretty simplistic - but with a bit of effort, and some outside input (imagery) the potential for stadiums is great. The atmosphere in games will be significantly different and rightly so - after all, the way a match ‘feels’ plays a big part in your enjoyment. A lot of you will be happy to know that you can now play your early cup and division 2 games in stadiums other than the San Siro or the Santiago Bernabeu - PES has been crying out for a good set of minnow stadia for the lesser teams, and now we can add them.

Despite my personal grumbles - Konami have clearly put a lot of effort into PES 2011. We already know that the gameplay has improved tenfold - Fury’s article will confirm that it has only gotten better since the last time we saw it, and I can verify that editing has clearly started to move forward too. The additions and enhancements are all valid - and Stadium Editor will create a new direction for the artwork elite to move in.

I find it strange that full kit editing hasn’t been looked at - what with the distinct visual improvements, advances in creating realistic atmospheres and the broadcast quality camera views, but it’s also these exact things that makes it less of an issue. There has been so much put into 2011, be it a new additions or the return of old favourites, it’s easy to forgive Konami and the fabled Blue Sky Team for not taking editing back to where it was in PES 5 - but, my fingers are still crossed for next year.

http://www.pesfan.com/news/9136294/PES-2011-Preview-Screenshots/

Last edited:
Sounds nice! But fucking hell why can't we edit those god forsaken net shapes :( :( :(

The stadium editor sounds solid, just too see if it works without crashing is the key :) as for the edit kit options of course i couldn't care less for obvious reasons!

Lol this pic looks great:
PES2011_preview02_match-menu_ps3clan.jpg

He's waiting for my kit's just waiting to wear my Argentina shirt!:WORSHIP: :LOL:

so we can only edit 2 leagues(36teams),what happened to the a-z leagues people were talking about??

the good news is that the game is backward compatible to pes2010 which means all my bundesliga teams and players will be ready to go from day one of pes 2011 release

why didnt he say how many stadiums can be added?

Stadium editor sounds quite good but I need to see it in more detail to understand all the features and what can and cant be done with it. Still upset that nets cant be edited. The rest of the edit mode sounds fantastic though. Changing the emblems of leagues and competitions and adding them to kits is a welcome addition as is the use of sound files for entrance scenes. I can now add the FIFA music to international friendlies and the World Cup! The screenshots look stunning and the PES 2011 menu looks like the best menu in a sports game ever.

Most screens look good, gotta download the video to give an opinion about it. PESFan download didn't work for me atm.
____
honestly klashman, could you stop posting about your kits every 10 minutes in this thread?

From PESFan:
"One criticism that people may find with the trick system though is that it seems anyone can do any trick, so even a goalkeeper can perform a rainbow flick"

(a quick reminder that this build is essentially the finished article - barring all online capabilities, as well as final licensing/kits/rosters and possibly a few game play tweaks)

Thought I'd quote this bit for Lami, clarity and definitive opinions sake whilst not forgetting posterity.

Back
Top Bottom