PES 2011 Discussion thread

But then where would the player individuality be? It sounds like everyone would be exactly the same, the only differentiating factor being how good you are.

People shouldn't make assumptions from what they see on a video. You should either trust the word of "previewers" or wait for the demo and try it for yourselves. Just then you can be sure about anything.

Then what's the point of the forum if not to discuss our opinions, thoughts and improvements.

Whats going on lol the thread is falling in to a pit of waffle...................can't we all get on and get back to talking about the game:COAT:

Whats going on lol the thread is falling in to a pit of waffle...................can't we all get on and get back to talking about the game:COAT:
Well, most people raise points in the video that I agree with. I don't write to write the same stuff others wrote over and over again. So I post my opinion directly based on what I feel, nothing personal but the PES fans dislike to see someone not satisfied with their game so they go nuts and off-topic.

Also what the fuck is everybody going on about regarding defensive lapses. Look about 3.15 when Netherlands start attacking (just before the foul). The whole germany back line is in a solid line. Look at 3.30 when one CB move forward to try to tackle the player and the other 3 defenders form a smaller line to cope with his absence. The rightback moves back to cover.

Soon.....all games will be reviewed based on a low quality video and not an actual hands-on. Its the FUTURE lol

Well, most people raise points in the video that I agree with. I don't write to write the same stuff others wrote over and over again. So I post my opinion directly based on what I feel, nothing personal but the PES fans dislike to see someone not satisfied with their game so they go nuts and off-topic.

That's true but it's also down to the quality of critism. There is a lot nit-picking and it seems to irk people. Especially when a lot of people who seem to nit-pick are those that are big FIFA fans who criticise PES whilst simultaneously not looking past the flaws in that game.

I'm not accusing you of this but it's generally why i think people seem to go into defensive mode. They're just used to it.

Especially when a lot of people who seem to nit-pick are those that are big FIFA fans who criticise PES whilst simultaneously not looking past the flaws in that game.

The Fifa fans on these forums nitpick the hell out of that game.

Also what the fuck is everybody going on about regarding defensive lapses. Look about 3.15 when Netherlands start attacking (just before the foul). The whole germany back line is in a solid line. Look at 3.30 when one CB move forward to try to tackle the player and the other 3 defenders form a smaller line to cope with his absence. The rightback moves back to cover.

:LOL: Just thinking that the PES 2011 defensive AI on amateur is smarter than the Defensive Ai on Legendary FIFA 10 :LMAO:

Looking forward to the additional vid tomorrow and detailed hands on reports on the stadium and kit editors; not so much the overreaction when the 360 dribbling isnt magically better.

The trick system still looks appalling btw. My dog agrees.

I do think it's poor judgement of Konami to make a video with the A.I. on the lowest levels. Surely they have someone inside that huge building that can handle top player on their own game?

Looking forward to the additional vid tomorrow and detailed hands on reports on the stadium and kit editors; not so much the overreaction when the 360 dribbling isnt magically better.

The trick system still looks appalling btw. My dog agrees.

The video tomorrow is this one, in better quality.

Looking forward to reports overall.

Thank you for your intelligent reply.

Your most welcome.

That's true but it's also down to the quality of critism. There is a lot nit-picking and it seems to irk people.
This.

Especially when a lot of people who seem to nit-pick are those that are big FIFA fans who criticise PES whilst simultaneously not looking past the flaws in that game.
Fifa is under heavy fire as well. Still, nit-picking and quality of criticism is a concern of mine.

Last edited:
The Fifa fans on these forums nitpick the hell out of that game.

It was a pretty baseless claim i'll give you that. Most people on here are fair. I don't even know if people regarded as 'trolls' on here are even devout Fifa fans. Let alone whether or not they criticise the game.

Plus i meant in real life too. Like my friend who says PES 2010 has the same graphics as pes 2008 and are inferior to FIFA's. Loves Fifa but when i suggest the player models look better on Pes than FIFA he won't budge on the subject.

That's true but it's also down to the quality of critism. There is a lot nit-picking and it seems to irk people. Especially when a lot of people who seem to nit-pick are those that are big FIFA fans who criticise PES whilst simultaneously not looking past the flaws in that game.

I'm not accusing you of this but it's generally why i think people seem to go into defensive mode. They're just used to it.
The thing is that I have criticized both games over and over that I almost stopped posting in both of their forums. I fed up with those niggles that keep transferred from one iteration to another and never fixed. That's why I go into mad mode from time to time.

Plus i meant in real life too. Like my friend who says PES 2010 has the same graphics as pes 2008 and are inferior to FIFA's. Loves Fifa but when i suggest the player models look better on Pes than FIFA he won't budge on the subject.

The atmosphere and models looks so much better in PES. The grass textures are out of this world too.

FIFA has redeeming features, but it seems PES has the presentation and engagement down perfectly.

I need to play more PES though to really see what its about though. I was put off by feedback last year whilst lurking here and in the FIFA forums.

I like the look of the gameplay and camera angles, just worried too many years of the other game will make me try to play it the same way.

Side note, is the new tackling mechanic in that video? because I liked the way you had space and the defenders stand off a yard.

Back
Top Bottom