PES 2011 Discussion thread

Now that looks very slick and smooth.

A tad fast, but as we know we can change that in the settings.

:EEK:

The right centre back...

I watched the long vid on my phone, but it was good quality as it was on Wi-Fi. On that small screen there were points, such as when everyone was stood still for the penalty, where I could feel my brain accepting it was real footage. The lighting, particularly of the pitch, is frighteningly good. The faces tech looks pretty outdated now, but you don't see faces from normal gameplay.

The animations are now 'decent', rather than awful, with some highs and lows in the mix. I don't see a massive amount of freedom in that vid tbh - and seeing the ball snap under players' control and the lack of 360/32 directional movement contributes to that - but the responsiveness looks back.

Does look like a real step in the right direction. But we knew that already.

Last edited:
:EEK:

The right centre back...

I watched the long vid on my phone, but it was good quality as it was on Wi-Fi. On that small screen there were points, such as when everyone was stood still for the penalty, where I could feel my brain accepting it was real footage. The lighting, particularly of the pitch, is frighteningly good. The faces tech looks pretty outdated now, but you don't see faces from normal gameplay.

The animations are now 'decent', rather than awful, with some highs and lows in the mix. I don't see a massive amount of freedom in that vid tbh - and seeing the ball snap under players' control and the lack of 360/32 directional movement contributes to that - but the responsiveness looks back.

Does look like a real step in the right direction. But we knew that already.

Agree with all of that, looking forward to seeing it in HD tomorrow.

I agree when talking about older versions, but in PES 2010 I can ping pong the ball around very unrealistically with bad passers. The CPU is king of ping pong passing in PES 2010, it's so frustrating to see it string together 100% perfect passes all the time.

Well, this just means I have barely played PES 2010 then.

I seriously hope it's not really exploitable.

very positive.

you can tell it still needs work, specially in the sound department:CONFUSE: but everything else looks like a drastic improvement.

So looking forward to this, as for the online exploit etc, I've decided to join a proper league that insist on good football.................................................eh Jimmy:COOL:

That goal isn't what I'd call ping pong passing, that's touch pass touch pass , rather than pass pass pass pass.

Though the PES clip doesn't worry me, as long as it doesn't consistently happen and I doubt it would.

Nothing wrong with short direct passes as long as it isn't 180 degree passes with low skilled passers.

I'm also quite amused how some can talk about "360" or total freedom whatever without playing it. Astonishing.

It's not that. None of those idiots back up their criticisms. They just go 'players run like robots, game is shit hahahah'.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also quite amused how some can talk about "360" or total freedom whatever without playing it. Astonishing.

To be fair, all the masses have is the video to critique. Its at best emotive, but mostly subjective.

I was unsure about the trapping and first touch being too perfect. But my main concern is the fact it looks clunky.

I personally find it difficult to reconcile what I am playing and how accurate/smooth I am being when it isn't verbatim on the screen.

Gameplay is key, but if that gameplay isnt accurately reflected in the control inputs or what I see on screen then its a detrimental experience IMHO.

Time will tell.

What spoils this video overall is the animation transition delays from time to time,although overall only a blind man wouldnt be able to see(if they actually cast there doubts aside for one minute)how realistic the animation and player movements actually are,and like romagnoli states in his post,your brain actually starts to think its real footage if you open it.

The tempo of play and the way players actually react to balls passed into space is a breath of fresh air for a next gen pes,and dont start me off on the way players burst into life from a more considered pace with the latter part of the video showing this perfectly ala messi.

I played pes2011 at e3 but it didnt move this well and the animation transitions where much worse,which bodes well for the last ten percent of development,however,what stood out for me was how good the passing and player movement felt back in june a massive step up from pes of old and very free.

This is the pes revolution most of us have been waiting for and those willing to look closely enough,even at this grainy leaked video,will see it.

Last edited:
I dunno, the ball trapping is not realistic, the way the ball doesnt leave the players foot for a turn over 30 degrees etc.

Animations aside, there are some positives, but there are a few worrying things.

The problem is that and I have said this on the FIFA forums, is that you rarely find a player that stops, doesnt pass, doesnt run or sprint but stops, looks up and lets there players come to them or find space.

So what you get is endless possession changes, passes forward or passes backwards with the aim of getting it to the wing.

There are more fundamental problems with the actual players than there are in the game.

Again my opinion but still something that irks me.

It's ridiculous and not even worth talkin about. The game looks great on a low res, streaming video.............it'll be stunning in the flesh and you just wait until those talented moddders get their mits on it.

It's ridiculous and not even worth talkin about. The game looks great on a low res, streaming video.............it'll be stunning in the flesh and you just wait until those talented moddders get their mits on it.

It needs more than some decent textures.

We will see when the demo hits, but right now I am wary but optimistic.

Finding it very hard to wax lyrical when it's clear that certain areas need polish.

The leaked video looks worse than the quick glimpses of play from the magazine journo videos.

I played pes2011 at e3 but it didnt move this well and the animation transitions where much worse,which bodes well for the last ten percent of development,however,what stood out for me was how good the passing and player movement felt back in june a massive step up from pes of old and very free.
Apparently this video is based on the E3 code

Can I just clarify and say that not an official Konami clip, the site who uploaded it incorrectly to youtube have said this.

Can I take bck what I said?

Apparently that video was made by Konami and released early by mistake, the guy has just messaged me back.

I dunno, the ball trapping is not realistic, the way the ball doesnt leave the players foot for a turn over 30 degrees etc.

Animations aside, there are some positives, but there are a few worrying things.

The problem is that and I have said this on the FIFA forums, is that you rarely find a player that stops, doesnt pass, doesnt run or sprint but stops, looks up and lets there players come to them or find space.

So what you get is endless possession changes, passes forward or passes backwards with the aim of getting it to the wing.

There are more fundamental problems with the actual players than there are in the game.

Again my opinion but still something that irks me.

I understand where you are coming from, but this is a video game and your post typifies (not meant in an atagonistic way:)) ) how much detail people are looking at. As long as the game is a fun representation of the beautiful game then it's succeeded, without the need to have everything spot on

Seriously we all expect too much nowadays:CONFUSE:

Not really astonishing, people comment on what they can see. Clearly the 360 animations aren't in that build or at least finished.

So not really an astonishing observation to make is it.

"total freedom" which I assume is the new free pass, wasn't apparent in the video either. I put this down to the players but again a valid comment that it wasn't apparent.

It's only natural that people will comment and it does no harm does it? It creates discussion which is good surely?

PES 2011 with my kits :SMUG: :LOL: ahh i'm just playing, should look good though :)

I understand where you are coming from, but this is a video game and your post typifies (not meant in an atagonistic way:)) ) how much detail people are looking at. As long as the game is a fun representation of the beautiful game then it's succeeded, without the need to have everything spot on

Seriously we all expect too much nowadays:CONFUSE:

I completely agree! :D

As long as I can be expressive and play 10 matches a day in my living room without getting out of breath I am happy! :)

Not really astonishing, people comment on what they can see. Clearly the 360 animations aren't in that build or at least finished.

So not really an astonishing observation to make is it.

"total freedom" which I assume is the new free pass, wasn't apparent in the video either. I put this down to the players but again a valid comment that it wasn't apparent.

It's only natural that people will comment and it does no harm does it? It creates discussion which is good surely?

You cannot give any definitive opinion on the many degrees of movement without playing it. I thought you need the analogue stick to test it, not your eyes?

Back
Top Bottom