PES 2011 Discussion thread

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but isn't the new manual pass just a modifier, e.g. press LB + X for manual pass, rather than a setting like in Fifa.

so it's still the same old "string-passes-together-from-your-own-box-to-the-opponent's-goal-going-from-player-to-player-instead-of-playing-the-ball-into-space" PES?

Well, shit, it's like FIFA 10 on assisted then.

So much for being "Enginereed for freedom" if everyone and their mom will still be allowed to exploit the (semi-? Didn't look "semi" at all) assisted passing feature.

Last edited:
so it's still the same old "string-passes-together-from-your-own-box-to-the-opponent's-goal-going-from-player-to-player-instead-of-playing-the-ball-into-space" PES?

Well, shit, it's like FIFA 10 on assisted then.

Everyone who played it reported it's semi-manual with the analogue and that they took a while to get used to it and get the ball where they wanted to.

Yeah, remember this video is not an official Konami release, it's probably a leak from someone that has some form of preview code. I think it looks great so far, but Gamescom will be the real time to judge.

Official Konami video tomorrow.

This video was made by Konami, and there won't be another one tomorrow either.

The original file is named 'PES2011_preview_0716.mp4' so it was finalised mid-July.

This video was made by Konami, and there won't be another one tomorrow either.

The original file is named 'PES2011_preview_0716.mp4' so it was finalised mid-July.

Who said that? Adam said this one is a leak and not official, and the official one will come tomorrow, and it's more similar to the 6 minutes one released in July.

Then whoever's been playing in that video must be pretty darn good at it. Hi2u 100% passing accuracy.

I wouldn't be pessimistic on the passing, it looked very nice!

On FIFA playing on Semi-pro, it's easy to ping pong pass using semi controls through teams :) . Same in that vid! Ball physics look much better!

The keeper animations are they but it must be on a low difficulty.

screenshot20100803at180.png

Nothing wrong with the above animation shows the keeper have improved as I never saw that on PES 10.

I said that. It was made by Konami and definitely wasn't captured by that Dutch site.

It's odd though, although it's likely that it was made by Konami, the fact that there's no official press release, that it just got leaked like that, and that the overall quality is bad (everything a bit blurry) makes me think if this is the source of the E3 video, that somehow got released now.

Ok don't believe me then, but lots of sites will be posting that video ~11pm tonight. You'll be able to download it in HD(549MB) from PESFan if you so wish.

Ok don't believe me then, but lots of sites will be posting that video ~11pm tonight. You'll be able to download it in HD(549MB) from PESFan if you so wish.

I think we are getting a different one. Look at the beginning, why would Konami show us the placeholder start screen and the editing between scenes is awful. I think WENB confirmed new vid, they probably have it and will upload it after Pesfan. I have downloaded the latest one its not HD but it is only 122mb

Last edited:
Can I just clarify and say that not an official Konami clip, the site who uploaded it incorrectly to youtube have said this.

Like I said, he's probably playing with D-pad.

then D-pad players will be PES 2011 "ping-pong-passing abusers" counterparts and will have the upper hand as far as passing goes?

Brilliant.

As long as there's ways to get nearly 100% passing accuracy the game is bound to be utter shit at any level.

Lots of player-2-player, unrealistically fast and accurate ping-pong passing going on here as well...

Last edited:
This was never a problem in PES. It think are mixing the games up. You could never abuse ping-pong passes in PES. You entered in purely critical mode now, right, ok.

Just because it wasn't before doesn't mean it couldn't become it. That does look VERY like pingpong passing :/ Who knows.

This was never a problem in PES. It think are mixing the games up. You could never abuse ping-pong passes in PES. You entered in purely critical mode now, ok.

I agree when talking about older versions, but in PES 2010 I can ping pong the ball around very unrealistically with bad passers. The CPU is king of ping pong passing in PES 2010, it's so frustrating to see it string together 100% perfect passes all the time.

Back
Top Bottom