PES 2011 Discussion thread

All this looks great... I wish we could get the bundesliga teams now .. Please santa claus !!!!! I'm still waiting for the size of the logos (teams , nations and competitons cos i'm doin mine and could do some for other people.. What sizes do you guys think the logos will be??? Thx

regarding tactics I downloaded it played it on the big screen and there were settings for leading, trailing and drawing. Loving the depth from Konami

I like the video very much. Some things that I dont like here and there, but overall I see a HUGE improvement over the flawed PES 2010. The gameplay looks less rigid and smoother, even if I think not enough yet. Probably this is the first real next-gen PES.... we will see...

well, if you see robot movements in that video
than you must be from the future, i didn't know robot moved so human like :P

Overall, very impressed, i didn't expect too much, but this is very good
i think this is from an older build, though as keepers still don't move on shots

well, if you see robot movements in that video
than you must be from the future, i didn't know robot moved so human like :P

Overall, very impressed, i didn't expect too much, but this is very good
i think this is from an older build, though as keepers still don't move on shots

Yeah, remember this video is not an official Konami release, it's probably a leak from someone that has some form of preview code. I think it looks great so far, but Gamescom will be the real time to judge.

Official Konami video tomorrow.

Yeah, remember this video is not an official Konami release, it's probably a leak from someone that has some form of preview code. I think it looks great so far, but Gamescom will be the real time to judge.

Official Konami video tomorrow.

I wonder what they'll show. They need to show the "improved" keepers we have been hearing about but seen none so far (people judge what they see, can't blame them). Although they'll probably focus on game modes.

All move like robots? Seriously go to shop change yours glasses.
Messi goal ... is ridiculous ... He move like R1+L2 in PES 6 , like a glitch . Generality , is look better that PES 2010 , but is far from that in the first PES 2011 Teaser , that is all . But ok ,still is to early judge ! It's maybe 70-75% build , i hope so.

Last edited:
ouh and the formation tactic system at 0:33 is crap!!!

why do u want to adjust your tactic before the game?!?!?! You dont even know if you are 3:0 in favor or you are 0:3 back! SO you dont even know if you want to play counter or offensiv or long balls. THIS SUCKS! You must be able to adjust this with ingame buttons

I AGREE!!! :RANT:

Pre-game tactical planning is a pile of WANK! Jose Mourinho does it and what the f*cks he ever won!!! :RANT:

Not very impressed. Animations are still poor and worse of all off the ball movements is still very linear and dull. I hardly saw anything else than players running on a straight line for most part of the video.

Looks like a refined pes 2010 to me, i hoped it would be something refreshing, that's not clearly the case.

Still the robotic feeling and bad nets are big issues to me.

Commentary and crowd noise are still terrible.

ouh and the formation tactic system at 0:33 is crap!!!

why do u want to adjust your tactic before the game?!?!?! You dont even know if you are 3:0 in favor or you are 0:3 back! SO you dont even know if you want to play counter or offensiv or long balls. THIS SUCKS! You must be able to adjust this with ingame buttons

Because its.... football?

this is just like saying before the match you want to replace player x with player y in the 67th minute of the game.

But you don't know if there were red cards, injuries or maybe you will need another scorer.

That's why you chose your replacements while the game is running and not before.

Same should be with tactics. I dont know if I need to play counter in the 36.minute or offensiv because i dont know the score before the game

They should change the system!
Not depending on time, but depending on the score or other things!

Like saying:
If i am in favor with at least 1 goal -> play counter
If other team has a redcard -> offensiv

An If,Then,Else conditional based tactic system not time based!

Then I guess you didn't watch carefully.

Messi goal ... is ridiculous ... He move like R1+L2 in PES 6 , like a glitch . Generality , is look better that PES 2010 , but is far from that in the first PES 2011 Teaser , that is all . But ok ,still is to early judge ! It's maybe 70-75% build , i hope so.

Messi goal is on +2 speed.

Ok, so the first time i seen this new gameplay video here i was a little disappointed. Clearly it's not the finished article, it's on a low difficulty but it looked like a very strange game with massively inconsistent animations. Half the time the animations were fantastic and the system looks very smooth and fluid, at other times VERY robot like. Reminded me of Club Football back in 2004 (not a good thing) Graphics look fantastic though.

Second time viewing I'm a little more positive. Some of the stuff i've seen looks very odd, some of it looks outstanding. Keepers look really woeful but only that they seem to be on amateur! Even still the animations look much better already than they did in PES 2010 where keepers animations on that game were the worst i've seen in any pes game!

Ball physics are looking brilliant! Almost, maybe at FIFA 08 level but i will need to test the game out to confirm it!

Overall it's not really a great video, the code is far from finished and the difficulty is set very low. It's like half the game is missing, the stuff that made PES 2010 playable like the solid defensive Ai is completely missing! I sure they haven't removed it, just maybe because of the low level.

So i can't get a good idea how good the game is and also the game is nowhere near it's potential. How good is PES 2011, I'm still unsure!

Liking the new Crossbar sounds :)

I had very high expectations, with this whole 200 man blue secret konami team (or whatever they are called).

I expected a PES 2010 on roids, instead its just a minor improvement.

I will wait and see of course its still early days, but i expected a little more. The jump from FIFA 08 to 09 is still the most impressive from 1st reaction.

just seen the video...

- ball physics is off by a long margin. Sometimes it speeds up for no reason whatsoever (Ozil's header comes to mind) and it's still too floaty in the air; JWE2009CC on PS2 got better ball physics routines than this game.

- animations are not quite there yet;

- players don't seem to be subject to inertia and seem to be capable of turning 90° mid-run Automan-style (the issue is even more noticeable during trick-combos, check Messi instantly stopping dead at 5:55 and Messi's goal for reference);

- ball appears to be glued to the player's feet for extended periods of time during special animations (again, check Messi's goal);

- the passes, for the most part, were perfectly aimed at the players who were meant to receive them, hopefully they were playing on "Assisted" or somesuch (haven't read the last few pages of this thread yet).

The potential is there, fine-tuning this build will prolly take Konami a couple of years at best however.

Last edited:
- the passes, for the most part, were perfectly aimed at the player who was meant to receive them, hopefully they were playing on "Assisted" or somesuch (haven't read the last few pages of this thread yet).

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but isn't the new manual pass just a modifier, e.g. press LB + X for manual pass, rather than a setting like in Fifa.

i really think this is the E3 code as its the same teams from that 6min video, also the keepers are said to be fixed in the preview code which doesnt look to be the case in that video, there are some nice touches in there like the anthems and the players speaking their own language when on the ball. its going to be a good solid game and that will do me for another year

I had very high expectations, with this whole 200 man blue secret konami team (or whatever they are called).

I expected a PES 2010 on roids, instead its just a minor improvement.

I will wait and see of course its still early days, but i expected a little more. The jump from FIFA 08 to 09 is still the most impressive from 1st reaction.

Well when i first saw a gameplay video of PES 2008, 2009 and 2010 at the same time (early august) I knew the game wouldn't be groundbreaking. With PES 2008 and 2009 they looked shit tbh :) :LOL: (arcadey).

With 2010 i liked the Ai defending and positioning and the return to the sim approach but it was never going to be a classic! Looked very, very basic!

With this video it's like the game could be the best football ever, if they just tweaked a few things and, well.. finished off the animations. If it's released how it is now, it'll be only like you said, a small improvement

Last edited:
On the tactic screen cant you see it say leading and trailing so you can chose tatics which will be active when you fall behind or take the lead.

- players don't seem to be subject to inertia and seem to be capable of turning 90° mid-run Automan-style (the issue is even more noticeable during trick-combos, see Messi's goal for reference);

Yes, what made it so strange was for 65% of the time the animations were fantastic and smooth, also the variation in running styles was delightful. Messi has his own set, Demichelis looks like a clumsy lumbering center back and Ozil etc..

but the other 35%, they looked like androids! More robotic that PES 2010 even! :CONFUSE: How much of that 35% will be stored before release I'm not sure but they higher difficulty and lack of defensive hold up will help a lot :COOL:

Yes, what made it so strange was for 65% of the time the animations were fantastic and smooth, also the variation in running styles was delightful. Messi has his own set, Demichelis looks like a clumsy lumbering center back and Ozil etc..

but the other 35%, they looked like androids! More robotic that PES 2010 even! :CONFUSE: How much of that 35% will be stored before release I'm not sure but they higher difficulty and lack of defensive hold up will help a lot :COOL:

Which makes me think this video isn't recent. There's an unfinished look to the animations, so I want to see the videos from Gamescom even more now.

Correct me if I'm wrong someone, but isn't the new manual pass just a modifier, e.g. press LB + X for manual pass, rather than a setting like in Fifa.

No, passing in PES 2011 is semi-manual by default. The modifier is for fully manual.

I think whoever is playing in this video is using d-pad, so passes are automatic. Could be wrong though.

Back
Top Bottom