PES 2011 Discussion thread

looks better than expected, only Özils header was a bit weird, too hard and he wasn't even looking!

now i hope they bring back 2vs2 group matches online!

oh and fix the goalies...

Over... analyzing...much...

Yeah but if you notice in the video the pixels to the left side of the ducking (Bobbing) player are not quite in relation to the polarisation of the graphical thingymabob! or then you could argue that it is not real life but like some expect it to be.:FAIL:

I cant even see this video yet as at work, so I cant comment. I just hope it's still there when I get home. With regards the defensive AI, I think you can pretty much guarantee that the footage is set to Regular AI at most. This is always the case on preview video's, why they do this I'm not sure, but one thing is certain, Top Player will be extremely tight. PES 2010 on Top Player AI is very harsh, but better for it, PES 2011 should be everything PES 2010 was in this regard and more. I'd bet my house on it.

It seems Adam has confirmed that this is not the video that was due tomorrow, but instead a leak.

So, another video tomorrow guys.:APPLAUD:

Last edited:
ouh and the formation tactic system at 0:33 is crap!!!

why do u want to adjust your tactic before the game?!?!?! You dont even know if you are 3:0 in favor or you are 0:3 back! SO you dont even know if you want to play counter or offensiv or long balls. THIS SUCKS! You must be able to adjust this with ingame buttons

why do u want to adjust your tactic before the game?!?!?! You dont even know if you are 3:0 in favor or you are 0:3 back! SO you dont even know if you want to play counter or offensiv or long balls. THIS SUCKS! You must be able to adjust this with ingame buttons

Are you for real?? This is getting ridiculous... Trolls are not funny anymore, too much non-sense.

Don't use it then? Just an idea.

Are you for real?? This is getting ridiculous... Trolls are not funny anymore, too much non-sense.

this is just like saying before the match you want to replace player x with player y in the 67th minute of the game.

But you don't know if there were red cards, injuries or maybe you will need another scorer.

That's why you chose your replacements while the game is running and not before.

Same should be with tactics. I dont know if I need to play counter in the 36.minute or offensiv because i dont know the score before the game

They should change the system!
Not depending on time, but depending on the score or other things!

Like saying:
If i am in favor with at least 1 goal -> play counter
If other team has a redcard -> offensiv

An If,Then,Else conditional based tactic system not time based!

I'm sure there will be a way to do so.

+ A lot smoother
+ Looks finally playable for people like me who left after PES 6
+ Ball physics

- GKs look terrible. What was he doing during that Danny goal?
- Still not as smooth as i expected, but still an improvement
- Is that 360 degree dribbling? The turns still look PS2 style?

Am now considering getting it, well done Konami.

this is just like saying before the match you want to replace player x with player y in the 67th minute of the game.

But you don't know if there were red cards, injuries or maybe you will need another scorer.

That's why you chose your replacements while the game is running and not before.

Same should be with tactics. I dont know if I need to play counter in the 36.minute or offensiv because i dont know the score before the game

I think you didn't get the point of that tactic planning thing. It's optional.

I think you didn't get the point of that tactic planning thing. It's optional.

I just want to say that this system is crap.

Like saying:

IT's pretty obvious it's on one of the lowest levels, I mean cmon, you've played PES before, you know how GK's are on the lowest difficulties. We need a video in Top Player.

The atmosphere sounds better but the crowd still sound poor, the ironic cheer when Kuyt equalises doesn't make sense. At least the on the pitch sounds have been improved.

The graphics, individuality and player models are excellent.

The ball sometimes looks like it isn't moving at a quick enough pace (patiently waiting for the demo).

I can't wait to mess around with the tactics, I can now recreate my tactics from FM and perhaps go one step further.

I'm scared about the new dribbling system, being able to link feints is asking for trouble online and will result in many pre determined assaults.

I hope the build at Gamescom (tomorrow's video also) is on a higher difficulty, the defensive AI in all the videos so far has been shocking.

I like that video but that crossing animation need rework. never seen any player cross like that whoever does mocap for this need his ball kicked.

I think that as well Thypari, although it can be used as a general tactic before the match starts, ie the underdog going to Old Trafford, standard tactic is to be all out defensive for 90 mins while trying to counter them as well, or all out attacking against a team you should be beating, will only really make sense I suppose when you get used to the game but I agree at the moment it should be context sensitive.

I just want to say that this system is crap.

Like saying:

...and that is just how it works. You can set tactics depending on the current result in the match. That's old news. You can also see it in the video where it says "leading, level and trailing" in the tactics menu.

Firstly, I want to say that the gameplay looks solid, I'm really pleased.
I know many people will disagree but I don't really like the camera.I mean it's great, but it's somehow useless. It's too zoomed in. In the attached gif, you can see a "blind" cross.
I hope we will have more zoomed out camera. For the PC version of pes 2010 there's a tool to adjust the cameras. Believe me, it makes a hell of a difference.

I liked it
looks good...wil look even better in a big HD screen ofcourse.
But most important are the animations and gamespeed....its fluid and les 'rails'

...and that is just how it works. You can set tactics depending on the current result in the match. That's old news. You can also see it in the video where it says "leading, level and trailing" in the tactics menu.

i got it :D now add majority and minority

i got it :D now add majority and minority

I can see your point but I prefer they way they have done it actually. I know that I will be trying to be more offensive the last 15 minutes when trailing for example but I'm not sure I want to be as offensive when playing 11 vs 10 depending on how the game plays out. And if I want, I can always make changes in the pause menu.

Looks quite good. The grass finally looks good, the animations are much improved. I'm waiting for demo.
What i don't like: the crossing animation is too much sophisticated. It looks like every player is using Ronaldinho's crossing animation. And there seems to be no variation at all. Maybe too short video.
And the penalty kick animation - disaster like 2010.

I have just copied this, it's a guy from PESFan and his views. I cant see the video still, but I do like what he has wrote, and more importantly, to me, he seem's to know what he's looking for.

Looks superb.

As for the goalkeepers I have a feeling this is BEFORE the preview code, considering only 4 teams on display. But only one of the goals looked suspicious, even then if the goalkeeper had dived he'd have NO chance with it, Danny's goal I believe as it was a finesse shot straight into the corner.

The more you watch it the more you notice the little things that make PES good. For instance did anyone notice the crowd? and how they reacted to Thomas Mullers missed volley that clipped the bar? some fans had their head in their hands much like real life.

[*]The way Mark Van Bommel comes in and tackles and just barged other players like Ozil out of the way. The animations for tussles looks excellent compared to PES2010, the way Van Bommel used his upperbody strength to win the ball and retain possesion looked so realistic.
[*]The national anthems looked excellent, no need to have a gimmicky World Cup game, and the commentary sounded good before the game, although I hope they have different entrance lines for different games to keep things fresh.
[*]The animations for crosses looked SPOT ON especially Podolski's cross for Muller, the way he angled his body for it, obviously shows how much Konami have been working on that aspect.
[*]The way Muller volleyed it, in previous PES games no doubt he would have gone for a diving header or not even bothered doing anything. This means there's scope for some fantastic goals as players POSITION their bodies according to the situation and it looks far more fluid and organic than before.
[*]Although whoever was playing that game didn't have much in the way of footballing IQ, the passes and the freedom of where the ball can go looked excellent. I loved the look of Ozil's chipped through ball to Klose, the new freedom of passing looks excellent in the video.
[*]The little "stop" before Danny's goal, much like PES6 is clearly back in and the DEFT through ball that you wouldn't have been able to do in other versions.
[*]The fact FOULS are clearly in the game this year!
[*]The animations when players tackle each other, and when fouls occur looks realistic and natural, and the way the game doesn't break up because of a free kick or a penalty it looks far more continuous than before.
[*]The dribbling to me clearly looks 360 degree like, especially with the better players. From what I could see there seems to be at least 4 different speeds to dribbling with the slower speeds meaning far more freedom and little touches taken, meaning you can go wherever you want on the pitch

One worry was the defending for the Ozil goal, i hope that was down to the player AI rather than the computer. The defenders got mixed up from what I could see.

I think there's going to be so much to discover in this years PES which I feel looks better than FIFA, I can't understand the negativity given these gameplay videos look almost perfect. I trust Adams opinion on WENB about keepers being fixed. I think we're all in for a treat this year.

Animations on that vid leave a lot to be desired still. Some positive things in there, but overall, it looks like a minor improvement. Players still move very rigid and wooden. I don't see any smoothness in animations. Some awkward looking crossing animations. When Klose kicks and runs with the ball on one scene, the running animation looks unrealistic and similar to past ones.

If the gameplay, based on the demo, is great...I will overlook all these things.

Having said that, Konami still has a looooooot of work to do in terms of adding more realistic and smooth animations on many different situations.

I hate those goal/nets, and am still waiting for that PES game where the players actually move and behave realistically, upper and lower body, with constant head tracking on given situations, and realistic upper and lower limb movements with eyes and facial expressions that add more life. Not those lifeless and zombie looking facial expressions they have now.

Those are my views. For now, I will do like a magician and disappear for a few months until the demo hits.

Last edited:
First, this is not WENB, so if people disagree and don't feel positive about the game let them be, as long as they don't insult anyone and intelligently state why they feel negative, don't shut them down.

Second, this game looks good, excited to try it. The ball does look floaty, hopefully it does not feel floaty. Animations are still behind FIFA, but MUCH better than last year, and if response times are good, the game will be a lot of fun. The sound is sometimes really good, and sometimes really bad in that video, at least when it comes to crowd reactions.

The flow of the game though, it looks nice and very enjoyable. The graphics are just a pure piece of art. Hope to see video against tougher AI, the game will go downhill if the AI is not good, that is 80 percent of the game for me, because ML is where I spend my most of my time playing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom