PES 2011 Discussion thread

Just a small point but the last three years show an upward, not downward, trend.

I know, but his general point was that PES has not been as good since PES6 (which we all know), therefore we should all believe that PES2011 will be a crushing disappointment too. I'd rather be more optimistic. PES2011 will not be perfect but I think the reports so far suggest that this year will be Konami's FIFA08 moment, where the franchise transforms itself and provides a solid base to work on for the years ahead.

The hands on reports for 2009 and 2010 weren't nearly as glowing as now either. Whether that is just the novelty of a whole new kind of PES that makes spotting the longer term issues a lot harder, we'll have to find out first hand. But if the last 3 PES's showed anything then it's precisely that they needed an overhaul. We can see an overhaul has taken place. What more can we ask for in one year?

The Power has made it completely clear that his views are now worthless. He might have had some ground before but now he looks like a bit of a fool.

The hands on reports for 2009 and 2010 weren't nearly as glowing as now either. Whether that is just the novelty of a whole new kind of PES that makes spotting the longer term issues a lot harder, we'll have to find out first hand. But if the last 3 PES's showed anything then it's precisely that they needed an overhaul. We can see an overhaul has taken place. What more can we ask for in one year?

Exactly, but it's still not enough for some. Like I said, I think it will be on a par with Fifa 08 - a fresh, more organic experience with tons of potential, but I'm sure plenty of annoyances/flaws will arise further down the line.

About the ducking animation, it's just a player docking. I wouldn't even consider it special. But to me ThePower is right in pointing that it's a bit exaggerated and unrealistic. First of all, ok, human being DO duck like that. But second, football players just DON'T duck like that in such situations. They generally bend their upper body out of the ball's way, or they simply move away with a little body bend.
I mean, come on... It just looks like a player from a FPS ducking to avoid enemy fire.

Same happens with players jumping over the ball. We've seen it the E3 teaser, and it just looks terrible. But in the next trailer, when you see that move performed with the wide camera, it just looks good and dynamic. The point is, we have to see those animations by ourselves with the broadcast/wide camera to really judge. Maybe those animations actually look convincing. Remember, Power, that a lot of work went into animations this time around, so my hopes for that area are still the best.

Last edited:
Chill out guys, he just expressed is opinion about the duck animation. If he said the game was broken, or the graphics are poor, or the gameplay looks horrific, than you could all beat the hell out of him :D.

I have read people say that the graphics are amazing, and the player models are great etc etc, based in that video, and that they think it was a real game, all based in that video we´re all talking about, and no one said a thing about it. But once someone said they dont like the animation, almost everyone begins to trash the guy ( despite i know is not a saint :P )

The game was poor last years, so i think everyone has the right to be skeptical about this new PES 2011. They have just the same rights, of the ones who are over optimistic, despite the positive critics, because they exist in last years to, not in the same way of this year its true and fair to say it ( personally i think it will be the best PES in this new gen and i´m excited, and looking forward to play the game, but i am lying if i told you i´m not skeptical to... )

Last edited:
Over... analyzing...much...

I think it´s the usual, if you remember a few days back, when that video of 3 seconds gameplay leaked, everyone was saying how amazing the game looks, and that the animations are a lot better than the e3 video, and all that was based in a 3 sec gameplay.

People will always look at this little niggles, until we got the game to play it, or more videos of gameplay to make our own analysis.

I'm one of the critics. I think the game doesn't look fluid and has the same robotic look. I may be wrong, I hope I'm wrong.

You see, there are people who can see what's after "the new game feeling". Previous versions of PES/WE on the PS2 kept me playing everyday. A good game holds up. PES/WE versions on the PS3 were good at the beginning but after a while, when you discover how bad the game is, you just stop.

I'm not someone who would say I won't buy the game so that they will learn the lesson. I buy every version because its still a good game. There is nothing like this game. Even FIFA wih it's beautiful animations doesn't give you that rewarding feeling when you beat you opponent.

You see, there are people who can see what's after "the new game feeling". PES/WE versions on the PS3 were good at the beginning but after a while, when you discover how bad the game is, you just stop.

Maybe this is different for some people, but I have to disagree.

The previous three games on PS3 were noticeably flawed within hours of playing them. 2008 was an absolute mess of a game, 2009 was another poor effort, and 2010 was clearly an improvement on what had come before, a playable game on PS3. At no point did you think the game was something special or even close to the old games.

On PS2 for the majority of people I know, it wasn't a new game feeling. PES has never been like that. At first each one felt a bit odd because you'd grown accustomed to the previous game. It usually took a little bit of time for the improvements and the style of the game to become noticeable. It was then it clicked.

Jon Murphy (via Twitter) says they'll be some Copa Libetadores (?) at the end of the month.

just seen it. Some nice touches in their loving the view. While animations arent perfect, they are alot better than 2010. However it is the gameplay which is looking sweet. And it clearly not on top player.

Last edited:
Ah, man... The video has just been marked as private.

Anyone downloaded it?

Cheers,

Paulo Tavares

Van Bommel at the start of the video hahaha.Bad animations and incredibly poor defending AI, leaving too much space.The audio isn't great
However graphically it looks stunning

Back
Top Bottom