PES 2011 Discussion thread

Its such a small thing even if they just changed them to square ones and didnt give us an editor 90% of the fans who requested it would be happy. A bit of a silly mistake from Konami. Maybe they might announce it at Gamescom as a huge reveal along with a trailer full of goals hitting backs of nets.

The stadium editor looked comfortably good enough to make up for the missing nets - plenty of different pitch type/stand type/running track/lighting configurations, and finally the option to add an archway over the pitch decorated with Yie Ar Kung Fu characters...

The stadium editor looked comfortably good enough to make up for the missing nets - plenty of different pitch type/stand type/running track/lighting configurations, and finally the option to add an archway over the pitch decorated with Yie Ar Kung Fu characters...

So do you think the stadium editor is powerful enough to recreate real-life stadia to a reasonable degree of detail. Or will it only be good enough to create generic looking stadia?

So do you think the stadium editor is powerful enough to recreate real-life stadia to a reasonable degree of detail. Or will it only be good enough to create generic looking stadia?

i think it will be a bit of both good enough just to have different stadiums not the same boring we usually get as default

I just hope we can have pitches without running tracks, like the British ones.
Yep, you can do either - first thing I'm going to do is make Goodison Park! We only had a brief glimpse, but it looks pretty powerful - plenty of choice of components, and more to unlock in the PES shop.

You can rename the default stadiums in game, but not edit them (licencing issues I guess).

The trouble is, even with a 100% accurate representation of a stadium, with the nets looking the way they do, the entire illusion is completely ruined.

A hi-res shot of Anfield prior to the release of PES2010 springs to mind.

Yep, you can do either - first thing I'm going to do is make Goodison Park! We only had a brief glimpse, but it looks pretty powerful - plenty of choice of components, and more to unlock in the PES shop.

You can rename the default stadiums in game, but not edit them (licencing issues I guess).

Never knew you were a blue mate, do you go on kipper?

I dont get why there´s so much fuzz around the nets.

The game (pes 2010) has so much more important flaws to be corrected, and people keep moaning about nets...:SHOCK:

I think if the ball was a square people will moan less...

I dont get why there´s so much fuzz around the nets.

The game (pes 2010) has so much more important flaws to be corrected, and people keep moaning about nets...:SHOCK:

I think if the ball was a square people will moan less...

very true we all just want a perfect game

haha why dont they just give us their powerful tools whcih they use to balance and optimize the game (ballphysics, graphics, attributs, animations)

some fans will group up and built the perfect pes out of it xD
much better than the konami one xD

This continues to sound like the makings of another Seabass Masterpiece. I must admit, I really cannot ever remember a new PES getting this much praise, from so many different sources. The amount of new features and revolutionary gameplay additions justifies the early claims of Konami's vast expansion of their development team. It really does seem that this game has been nearly 18 months or more in production, and the fruits of Konami's labour are in abundance.

1. A whole new stat based manual passing system.
2. A vastly reworked animation system.
3. A slick and greatly improved menu and tactical interface.
4. Online Masterleague.
5. A re-vamped Bal.
6. A new commentary dialogue with a new co-commentator.
7. A massively upgraded editing system.
8. An all new trick system.
9. A complete overhaul of the defensive system.
10. A stadium editor.
11. New licences including the Copa Libertadores.
12. Improved ball physics.
13. New Broadcast Cameras.
14. Improved graphics and lighting.
15. Improved goalkeepers. (According to preview code)

There's 15 great improvements off the top of my head, I dont think any new PES has had this much attention, not even close.

Roll the fuck on October 25th.
:)

What do you mean October 25th?
I haven't seen an announcement of the release date... :SHOCK:

Konami are showing EA how it's done so far, rumour is they have Steven Spielberg catching the footage. Which is nice. :)

I'm a fan of both games but i have to agree. Konami have absolutely nailed it with their approach to marketing this time around. It helps when you're confident in your game and you can tell that they are.

Can't wait to play the demo. The final nail in the marketing war would be to release the PES2011 demo a week before the launch of their competitor's game.

nets are a small detail that matter a lot. It does ruin the immersion the way they are now.

That says a lot about how little they aware of gamers' mentality.

Pretty impressed by the lighting, kits, player models and grass even on a blurry cam video. Can't wait to see a HD gameplay video.

haha why dont they just give us their powerful tools whcih they use to balance and optimize the game (ballphysics, graphics, attributs, animations)

some fans will group up and built the perfect pes out of it xD
much better than the konami one xD

Each version of the game they have produced, for the last few years has been the same game with certain tweaks made to the game play which decide how competitive the game is, how easily players move, how aggressive and intelligent they are and how fast they react, accelerate, run and shoot.

When creating the game each year, they add new stuff such as graphics, animations and tricks and then go about trying to balance the game play by tweaking how the above factors are applied.

They got it completely wrong a couple of years ago, they then made it slightly better the following year and then lasts years was more balanced and a better game, but was done so by making players a lot less manoeuvrable, which made them feel rigid and slow to react. I

f you tweak the stats of all players in the game to make them move better, the game becomes too easy as you get too much time of the ball, so I then changed the stats that decide how well the opponent plays, how origanised they are, how the retain possion and how they close down and want to win and you get, what I believe is a better game. In my oppinion if you make the game harder you can add more fluidity to all players movements, so the game plays better, but games remain competive.

It is always about getting the balance of the game right and they will only have a certain amount of time at the end of the development cycle to sort this out. I know from editing the game play for years on the pc version with a global stat editor how over time you can get the game to play better. I am sure if everyone had the ability to tweak the game play, somewhere along the way, someone is going to get it much better than konami can as they will have more time to focus solely on it.

They wouldn't even have to release a global stat editor, a simple slide system for factors such as -

Speed - how fast players accelerate, run and pass

Aggression - how much the opponent wants to win and how much they close down and tackle

Ease of movement - how quick and fluid players can dribble and turn

Skill - how technically good players are, how well they pass, control the ball and shoot

If you do this everyone can edit the game to produce the game they want and somewhere someone will get it spot.

Back
Top Bottom