PES 2011 Discussion thread

If Konami get hit legally for the edit mode then whats to stop Little Big Planet, Unreal Tournament 3, Modnation Racers etc from receiving the same treatment. Whats done in the home in regards to editing is private and legal. As long as it isnt mass produced on a huge scale, advertised or income generated from it then there is no basis for legal action.

LittleBigPlanet does have levels deleted by censors due to infringement of copyright.

Would EA's practices of buying exclusivity lead to a confrontation with the European Monopolies Commission anyway /

It would be seen as anti competitive practice. It was disgraceful the way they acted to monopolize the NFL and NHL licenses.

They don't have the exclusive NHL license, 2K took a year off I believe on the PS3/360 but I agree with your point.

It'd kind of like when the European Commission stepped in and decided that Sky weren't allowed to buy all six EPL TV packages.

I find it hard to believe why the EPL does exclusive deals, surely they'd make more money if they sold to two companies instead of one.

I'd love to know how much EA pay for this license compared to their other exclusive leagues.

Fella on twitter who works for Ubisoft has the preview code, asked him about the stadium editor.

@CemYildiz So you can create different stands, ie square, round, rows of seats, width etc?
@PES_EVOLVES (ME) From what I have seen: yes. There are many preset options that you can select. For some elements you can use your own art.

Using your own art is impressive, I hope those elements are big enough so that one can create some in Photoshop for example.

Checked Cem Yildiz's twitter for more info and found this too:

@ameppe The new stadium editor is great. It gives you all the tools to create the stadium you want. Lots of edit options.

These are google translated:
@ CemYildiz so it is more like what Adboard change?:) Enne any sign of a Bundesliga club?

@ Yes Spooky103 more. You can customize almost everything, including turf, lighting, bleachers, etc. Bundesliga missing preview code.

@ CemYildiz last, the shooting? bit realistic, not so often mark Sun, little swerve, shoot animation? it feels good to score?

@ Spooky103 The shooting is also getting used to. You shoot more often now on, so you need good timing and dosing, and often sprint button release.

@ Spooky103 But it still sounded like you enjoy a hard shot into the goal net hunts, very rewarding. Nets are super.

Gari14 from WENB confirmed that vuvuzelas could be heard during African international matches! Yay!

@ CemYildiz so it is more like what Adboard change? Enne any sign of a Bundesliga club?

@ Yes Spooky103 more. You can customize almost everything, including turf, lighting, bleachers, etc. Bundesliga missing preview code.

I hope we can change the nets too. I hate them!

@Spooky103 Maar het is nog steeds genieten geblazen als je een hard schot in het doelnet jaagt, heel veel voldoening. Netten zijn super.

Translation:

It's very satisfying if you score a goal with a hard shot. The nets are amazing.

@ fremm Exactly. Funny thing is when you walked around cape town during the WC it was the visitors going nuts on the vuvuzela.

I was meaning to say the exact same thing...During all pre-match interviews and match scenes, I saw the SA people partying and dancing away while the German, Italian and Mexican supporters were going apeshit and blowing those thing as if their lives depended on it :LOL:

This continues to sound like the makings of another Seabass Masterpiece. I must admit, I really cannot ever remember a new PES getting this much praise, from so many different sources. The amount of new features and revolutionary gameplay additions justifies the early claims of Konami's vast expansion of their development team. It really does seem that this game has been nearly 18 months or more in production, and the fruits of Konami's labour are in abundance.

1. A whole new stat based manual passing system.
2. A vastly reworked animation system.
3. A slick and greatly improved menu and tactical interface.
4. Online Masterleague.
5. A re-vamped Bal.
6. A new commentary dialogue with a new co-commentator.
7. A massively upgraded editing system.
8. An all new trick system.
9. A complete overhaul of the defensive system.
10. A stadium editor.
11. New licences including the Copa Libertadores.
12. Improved ball physics.
13. New Broadcast Cameras.
14. Improved graphics and lighting.
15. Improved goalkeepers. (According to preview code)

There's 15 great improvements off the top of my head, I dont think any new PES has had this much attention, not even close.

Roll the fuck on October 25th. :)

Last edited:
Have to agree with you there Jimmy. The last 4 years or so, it felt as if PES lost that touch of magic...All these positive comments give me the feeling that I will re-experience losing countless hours fiddling with formations, edit options and ML...Fingers crossed

Jon confirmed at the community day that nets won't be editable in the stadium editor - he seemed to enjoy saying it too ;)

I really hope the offsides are fixed and that the whistle blows right away and not 10-15 seconds after the incident!:RANT:

Phase 1 and 2 Seabass?

Also does anybody else feel in the older PS2 versions things just felt better ie the Dutch fans with the brass band playing Go West etc

Various ball styles behaving differently to others. I always felt these version were masterpiece and each new version had something abit different and new that when playing human v human you both drooled over what'd you have just witnessed!

But the most annoying thing was something that was great in one version never passed onto its successor?!

4 years into next gen and they still have tons of missing features from the ps2 days. I mean it would be about time to catch up. And regarding commentary and chants they actually got things worse, so once again about time they do something about it.

I mean pes 5 had manual passing...pes 6 had great animations, all ps2 pes had 3 broadcast cameras and great editing systems etc etc etc. I'd say they have been pretty lazy over the last 3 years. Nothing really state of the art but a lot of missing features will reappear finally!!

This continues to sound like the makings of another Seabass Masterpiece. I must admit, I really cannot ever remember a new PES getting this much praise, from so many different sources. The amount of new features and revolutionary gameplay additions justifies the early claims of Konami's vast expansion of their development team. It really does seem that this game has been nearly 18 months or more in production, and the fruits of Konami's labour are in abundance.

1. A whole new stat based manual passing system.
2. A vastly reworked animation system.
3. A slick and greatly improved menu and tactical interface.
4. Online Masterleague.
5. A re-vamped Bal.
6. A new commentary dialogue with a new co-commentator.
7. A massively upgraded editing system.
8. An all new trick system.
9. A complete overhaul of the defensive system.
10. A stadium editor.
11. New licences including the Copa Libertadores.
12. Improved ball physics.
13. New Broadcast Cameras.
14. Improved graphics and lighting.
15. Improved goalkeepers. (According to preview code)

There's 15 great improvements off the top of my head, I dont think any new PES has had this much attention, not even close.

Roll the fuck on October 25th. :)

I don't think it's fetishists. People want normal nets which are in all leagues in the world. It's difficult to make nets like this:

I was joking.;)

I understand your point because I want better nets too. But I guess it's something that's low down on Konami's list of priorities, rightly or wrongly. Next year maybe. I just want a solid game.

Thats pretty disappointing to be honest. Im not one of those net mentalists as there are far more important things that PES needs fixing but if your going through all the effort to make a dedicated stadium editor that allows you to change details such as turf and seat colours than at least appease the fanbases number 1 request which was for the nets to be square and tight. Whats funny is that EA knew how much such a small detail such as nets mean and now allow you to edit them in FIFA 11. This along with the fact you cant control CPU teams in custom tournaments and leagues with friends are the two main non gameplay features requested by the community and Konami haven't addressed them which is a huge shame since they seem to have done so well in everything else this year as the numerous positive impressions and comments back up. Oh well hopefully they can patch it in or add them for PES 2012.

Back
Top Bottom