PES 2011 Discussion thread

Well if they go down the route of letting you edit anything you like into the game in the way of creating an accurate league and players, then what are the licences for?...

Surely EA would sue and vise-verse?...

I think you have just answered your own question. Konami cannot gives us certain licences officially, but there is nothing stopping the user creating them. It's perfectly legal. It's always been this way, just to a lesser extent in recent years. I dont understand what you feel is different. :CONFUSE:

Well if they go down the route of letting you edit anything you like into the game in the way of creating an accurate league and players, then what are the licences for?...

They would only sue if Konami offered an online service where you could share your edited files with other people. As long as Konami stays out of this, they're not doing anything wrong.

Actually there is more to the licensing issue than we know. PES 5 or was it 6?.....was in serious danger when EA and the Bundesliga tightened the grip way back then. It has resulted in konami not even trying to replicate any of the teams or members in the bundesliga. I don't see how this year would be any different.

Fuck licensing it's a cheap trick and done out of pure spite. Imo it's what's retarding the growth of the sports gaming industry. It will never change though as long as the gaming companies keep coughing up for exclusivity.

Actually there is more to the licensing issue than we know. PES 5 or was it 6?.....was in serious danger when EA and the Bundesliga tightened the grip way back then. It has resulted in konami not even trying to replicate any of the teams or members in the bundesliga. I don't see how this year would be any different.

Fuck licensing it's a cheap trick and done out of pure spite. Imo it's what's retarding the growth of the sports gaming industry. It will never change though as long as the gaming companies keep coughing up for exclusivity.

This. :RANT:

world konami state that they have an unlicensed bundesliga in pes11, you think EA or the bundesliga themselves would be pleased with that news ?

Is there a link for this?

A game will always be more appealing to the casual audience if it's fully licensed. That's why Fifa has always outsold PES. In the past people bought Fifa out of convenience because it had the real names and kits, therefore EA's investment in licenses has always been worth it.

With PES the end user can edit what they want into the game. As long as Konami stays out of the process then I don't see how the Bundesliga or any other organisation has any basis for a legal challenge.

100% agreed.

They would only sue if Konami offered an online service where you could share your edited files with other people. As long as Konami stays out of this, they're not doing anything wrong.

I think you have just answered your own question. Konami cannot gives us certain licences officially, but there is nothing stopping the user creating them. It's perfectly legal. It's always been this way, just to a lesser extent in recent years. I dont understand what you feel is different. :CONFUSE:

I don't know, maybe the feeling Konami are now almost selling the "edit it just how you want" side of it...

With PES the end user can edit what they want into the game. As long as Konami stays out of the process then I don't see how the Bundesliga or any other organisation has any basis for a legal challenge.

But surely just having the ability in the game to do that, even if Konami do nothing else could be reason enough to take action?...

Don't get me wrong I'm all for it, I'd like nothing else than to see the back of the whole licence issue, it has and still is stunting the genre; but if you start to recreate leagues,teams and players to a very fine degree I can't see why a company paying millions of dollars on licences is just going to shrug its shoulders...

We just need more "Bundesliga players" available in the PES Shop.
Don't care if they all have fake names, it's an easy thing to fix.

But it's way different if you have to create (not just editing names) the players by yourself...it's too long to make a different "decent" face for each player, too long to get their stats right etc...

I don't know, maybe the feeling Konami are now almost selling the "edit it just how you want" side of it...

But surely just having the ability in the game to do that, even if Konami do nothing else could be reason enough to take action?...

Don't get me wrong I'm all for it, I'd like nothing else than to see the back of the whole licence issue, it has and still is stunting the genre; but if you start to recreate leagues,teams and players to a very fine degree I can't see why a company paying millions of dollars on licences is just going to shrug its shoulders...

Think whoever's owning exclusives compared to ones who don't they can brag about it and how official they are to the nth degree, while others have to put up with time consuming bodgy unofficial ones.

On what ground's could anyone take action? It's an edit mode for the player to do as they wish in their own home. It's not sold as a feature by which the user can create their own Bundesliga, or whatever other league. As long as the work is not sold or 'officially' distributed then it's nothing to do with any third party. If someone wants to put in the hundreds of hours it takes to recreate an entire league then that's up to them. With Fifa those leagues are already there, officially endorsed. That's what has always been the big attraction to Fifa and why they pay so much for licenses.

If it was such a big deal don't you think Konami would have been put under pressure to lose the edit mode many years ago? Do you think the PC version of PES would even exist given that the game can be patched to create something even more authentic than a fully licensed Fifa?

Exactly 95% of people don't put in the hours to edit anything, as long as Konami advertise the mode as being able to create your pub/local team and not anything else EA can't say anything really.

I find it hard to see the grounds for a case. If Konami sell a blank template, what license are they breaching? Surely every league in the world has the same case, and no case.

What makes a blank template a breach of the Bundesliga license anymore than it's a breach of the York & District Sunday Afternoon League?

And if EA are attempting to preclude the making of other football games, then surely that's a monopoly. I remember gamers in America suing EA over anticompetitive practice with regards their NFL deal, which was designed to halt the much better and cheaper NFL game produced by 2K Sports.

I don't understand why 2K Sports didn't just produce their game with editable rosters. If they did, I'm sure EA would have sought legal action. But then doesn't that just show you what EA's game is, throw money around to make competition go away.

And if EA are attempting to preclude the making of other football games, then surely that's a monopoly. I remember gamers in America suing EA over anticompetitive practice with regards their NFL deal, which was designed to halt the much better and cheaper NFL game produced by 2K Sports.

I don't understand why 2K Sports didn't just produce their game with editable rosters. If they did, I'm sure EA would have sought legal action. But then doesn't that just show you what EA's game is, throw money around to make competition go away.

2K Sports should have continued with an unlicensed product, but then I'm not sure how well it would have sold. I'm not sure if the series would have the luxury of the hard-working modding community that PES has, particularly in America.

Credit should go to Backbreaker for entering the American Football market with a completely unlicensed product. If only more companies had the guts to do the same. They've already shown that if you provide a good edit mode the community will go to town on it. Some of the NFL edit files are brilliant.

If Konami get hit legally for the edit mode then whats to stop Little Big Planet, Unreal Tournament 3, Modnation Racers etc from receiving the same treatment. Whats done in the home in regards to editing is private and legal. As long as it isnt mass produced on a huge scale, advertised or income generated from it then there is no basis for legal action.

still no news about the logos sizes???? 64, 128, 256 and 512 or is it different this year..

About this big ......

Icaughtafishthisbig.png

Spain is littered with racists!!

Weren't these the scenes
images

Yes, and some scum with a toy steering wheel!

What makes it even worse is that they don't realize Fernando Alonso is a moaning fucking cunt who just couldn't handle Hamilton and made up all this complete bullshit about Hamilton being favored!

Every time something doesn't go alonso's way he moans like a bitch! What a cunt!

How many days are left for that big german event about videogames (gamescon, right ?)?

I can't wait to see a full gameplay video...

If you mean the jabulani ball available in the PES shop, the PES shop should be as it was with items such as balls, boots, hidden players and hopefully, stadium editing tools such as nets, benches etc being sold for PES points which you get for winning cups , leagues and I am guessing BAL will be a huge factor here as it could rake up the most points. Of course this is wild speculation so don't go qouting me across the internet.

By the way, the jabulani ball would be cool if it had it's own set of ball physics. But the chances of this are almost zero

Back
Top Bottom