PES 2011 Discussion thread

From PESFan:
"One criticism that people may find with the trick system though is that it seems anyone can do any trick, so even a goalkeeper can perform a rainbow flick"

Well, it's a bit unrealistic, yeah, but the same time, I doubt you'll have time to do a rainbow flick with your GK anyway.

Why have they added gladiator helmets and paper balls to the PES Shop but not fixed the nets? Priorities Konami. Fix them.

easy... they need new features for 2012 etc.

Nets are super easy to change (for them), but make a lot of difference.

The PESFan impressions were extremely positive. The only negatives were the fact that everyone can do tricks and that the goalkeepers while improved were still not at their best.

Well, it's a bit unrealistic, yeah, but the same time, I doubt you'll have time to do a rainbow flick with your GK anyway.

I can't imagine John Terry doing rainbow flick over Cristiano Ronaldo :D
Or Puyol doing Ronaldinho flip-flap.
But i'm used to it. Konami does it every year. Replacing something good with something worse. 2 steps forward, 1 step backward.

You see this is what's wrong with this side of the forum. You all get very upset when people make negative comments about PES (which generally are perfectly justifiable) and then you make a comment like that from the safety of this side of the forum in which you essentially say:

"FIFA is made exactly for highly uneducated people"

What's more is that straight after it a moderator as good as posts in affirmation - and then adds on more, before another user goes further still. If you want to debate people's criticism, go for it - but instead you just go straight for ad hominem, insulting and baseless attacks - but you go further still to imply that everyone who likes FIFA is the same.

One of the worst things about PES is the -utter- snobbery about it. It's one thing having casual gamers who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about but that is utterly pathetic. I thought there were places on the internet for people who find it difficult to imagine that PES has a real competitor which for the last few years has, in the eyes of the vast majority, been its superior, but I didn't think it was here.

I wonder what my punishment would be if I posted:

But the difference is - I don't believe it, and I wouldn't say it even if I did.

I say that because thats exactly how I see it. As a footballer rather than a gamer, I find it impossible for anybody who truly understands footballing technique to prefer Fifa over PES. You cannot compromise the PES philosophy. You just cant. PES is widely regarded as the footballers game of choice, and there is a reason for that, because the game seeks to replicate angles and percentages in a way that mimics real life technique. You either see that or you dont. Fifa has amazing animations that create an illusion of how football looks, not how it feels. I have already listed all the reasons why Fifa cannot match PES in terms of a simualtion, and as a footballer, I want the game that looks to simulate the game I've been paid to play for the last 17 years. And that has always been PES. Fifa is what it is, a great game for the casual gamer, but it's not, and it never will be a simulation in my book.

I'll wait till the Fifa 11 video is posted, and I'll give you a detailed analysis of how if differs from real life, in every area. I'll break it down comprehensively and feel free to cross reference what I write.

http://level7.nu/texter/read.php?id=198007

erik's preview,doesnt sound as positive as the others

We have played PES 2011
Written by 2010-08-04 00: 01: 00 by Erik Hansson
After 15 hours with an almost complete version tells us what we think.
Konami PR team set the bar in February. PES 2011 was allegedly "the biggest change of PES ever". There is hardly a series that is updated annually to live up to such big words. Fans put too much hope and is likely to be disappointed. Now when I played an almost complete version in about 15 hours, I can say that there has been great for mailing rings, but it is also very much that is too similar to last year.

Superficial changes
The superficial changes first. The menus have been a real beauty operation and ensures for the first time in the history of the PES. A row of clear icons at the bottom of the screen that you can quickly browse through. This approach applies to most of the game modes and submenus.
Also the tactics screen has been redesigned and for some stupid reason, Konami decided to let the analog switch control a cursor across the screen to make changes, move around the players on the plan and the like. Also the tactics have been modified and is not quite easy to understand from the beginning. It is possible to set up automatic tactics changes depending on how the game looks and Add instant tactics to button combination Back + A, B, X or Y, It is strongly recommended that you learn to use these to you will be able to influence the game plan.
Nonsense over tactics
One of the things that are not changed sufficiently is bettors ' intelligence when it comes to game without the ball. There can be wide open space for your fellow players to run in, but they refuse to run next to the player with the ball. I try to change tactics and see how they affect the players, but it is not sufficiently reliable. If I choose tokanfall, I would like to see the players rush of surfaces. Do not take a race of 4-5 metres and then hide behind a defender.
Freer fittings with larger requirements
The biggest change in gaming the system is, however, a certain cure for this problem. The free passningarna is a small revolution for the series. Now you can just look in the fittings which way you want and the beauty of it is that it sometimes is very effective to hit balls without address, but which fall into the areas that you can catch up to the opponents. There are more unsuccessful fittings which does not reach to the correct address or is wrong. Sometimes this is annoying and feels overly sensitive, but it becomes much more vibrant.
Each passport must also be balanced by holding down the button for long enough. This means that if you manage and control the bad bad passandet players will show on your plan be disastrous as it will be really happy if you have the correct timing and good players. To strike with butter at genomskärare that opens up defence is easier in the PES in 2011.

The game plan is a little freer with passningarna and ball duels, but there are also a lot to fix for Konami. Judging by what has happened between förtittsversionen and store version of the game during the preceding year, not much changes.

Easier with egenkomponerade manoeuvres
Another thing that is easier to dribbla with good players. It is not easy to sno Ball of a right Back. He has an incredible speed, and also with the Sprint button impression he has the ball close to the body and can make many quick turns or stratagems. You can determine which devices as different combinations with LB and högerspaken will result in, and when it is comfortable with its settings, it is possible to make very good stuff on the floor.
From-2 to + 2
Many annoyed at the speed of its predecessor. It was hysterical quickly in the matches where the attacks. The PES has changed; 2011 It is a little quieter, computer opponents, it takes a bit more cautious with putting pressure on the ball carrier and you can often stay up on the plan and get the second needed to find a gap. This also applies when playing against human resistance. Players are not as good at rush unimpeded with narrow turns and direction changes and a good fitting game can give you the peace and quiet in the middle of the plan.
Would you like to have a quieter tempo can change game speed from the default value of 0 to-1 or-2 to slow down everything that happens on the plane. Would you rather have a high tempo, you can screw it up to + 1 and + 2. Personally I think-2 to + 2 is totally over the top, but you can imagine that some people will make use of + 1 or-1.
Live duels
The battle for the ball has also changed. In PES 2010, it was far too static, but in this year's version can be almost anything happen. Indeed, some rather random and strange situations where player suddenly barely seems to want to have the ball or being removed from the rather simple, but also much more vibrant. In addition, seem to glide body be more efficient in years, which is a huge plus.

This is basically just a Konami PES-team which may have to place a screenshot.

Amended press
The press from the slopes has also changed. You can now hold press-button, but keep the player away from the ball so that he just follows the ball driver. In the right mode, drag lever against him, and with a little luck pressing you the ball. You can still work well with the usual press-tactics even if we have to look a little better at tajmingen and vary between waiting and trying to squeeze a little better.
The worst is a new camera
Unfortunately, there is a lot of things that were not corrected. I think the players sometimes is too tough when it comes to receiving the ball and start the game, the objectives of the guards and frisparkarna is equal time folly sooner, players are a bit too often very stupid and get organized, they have still no grip on the side lines, they react too late when it becomes the case, commentators say still too often errors, and the new bisittaren adds nothing.
The biggest shortcoming of this version of PES in 2011, however, is that the camera has changed and now looks to be handled by praoelever. It happens far too often for quick conversions that are not camera can adequately with the result that we don't really see who gets the ball or how it looks around ball recipient. It should be easy to fix, but I really hope that Konami is savvy enough to fix it before the launch.
Arenas, community, and South America
Other minor matters that may be mentioned if the game is that you now can create stadiums. Select name, pattern in the grass, color, fences and type of stands, the color of the seats, the background environments and type of relief bench. Your creations can then be saved and exported or imported. Community-mode is also included which saves statistics between multiple players on the same console. A Copa Santander Libertadores-mode has also been introduced with the entire 40 South American law.

To take the ball from Volley is not the easiest thing to do. Hopefully, however, not all onlinematcher (most of which will be in Barcelona in Barcelona) is to take the ball to him and let him do the job.

New surface to Master League
The career mode Master League have received some small changes, but most of it is the same again from last year's big update. It is, in fact, the presentation and the graphic that changed most. First impression is that a lot has happened, but it appears only on new, improved, more often than not.
Not the most significant change
Generally, I am somewhat satisfied with the PES in 2011. I like the greater freedom to plan, but it is still quite a lot of strange events that occur on the plane that cannot be explained other than bad programming. I think it's very sad to see that Konami has done more for a lot of matches. To compare the mood PES 2011 with FIFA World Cup 2010 is just embarrassing and their attempt to make a more tv-based camera led only to that one does not always see what happens.
There may still be time for Konami to fix the little things, but it is unfortunately a little too much little quirks that are not ready to PES 2011 will feel like the big change that Konami would have us believe. The biggest change in game series history is still the failed step to this generation of consoles.

Last edited:
I say that because thats exactly how I see it. As a footballer rather than a gamer, I find it impossible for anybody who truly understands footballing technique to prefer Fifa over PES. You cannot compromise the PES philosophy. You just cant. PES is widely regarded as the footballers game of choice, and there is a reason for that, because the game seeks to replicate angles and percentages in a way that mimics real life technique. You either see that or you dont. Fifa has amazing animations that create an illusion of how football looks, not how it feels. I have already listed all the reasons why Fifa cannot match PES in terms of a simualtion, and as a footballer, I want the game that looks to simulate the game I've been paid to play for the last 17 years. And that has always been PES. Fifa is what it is, a great game for the casual gamer, but it's not, and it never will be a simulation in my book.

I'll wait till the Fifa 11 video is posted, and I'll give you a detailed analysis of how if differs from real life, in every area. I'll break it down comprehensively and feel free to cross reference what I write.

All the hallmarks. Even if I was to accept everything you've said, it doesn't justify your comment.

Last edited:

I give you the Barack Obama of fanboys, yes, very eloquent, fanboy nonetheless.

Is that leaked movie the original one?
I think there was talked about more new movies coming today...
Hopefully there will be another movie as this one was slightly disappointing in the movement of the players.

Just downloaded the PESFan HD trailer and played it on my PS3. The graphics look even better and in some instances look like real life.

Thought I'd quote this bit for Lami, clarity and definitive opinions sake whilst not forgetting posterity.

This thread is about PES and not about me or you. Keep posting your opinion whether positive or negative, and if negative please back it up with quality criticism for a healthy discussion. Anymore rubbish will be deleted.

I like you Jimmy cause you are a very interesting member of this community but you have to accept that what you consider to be the true footballer's game (PES) may not be the absolute truth for everyone.
I wouldn't go as far saying it's insulting but you have to realize we all have different criteria which determine what game corresponds the best to our concept of football.I just cannot understand how you can take your feeling for the game for how it should truly be for all those who love the technicality of football.
PES used to have a great realism and pure football about it but it lost it with the last 3 games and hopefully this is its return.Let's keep an open mind

Just downloaded the PESFan HD trailer and played it on my PS3. The graphics look even better and in some instances look like real life.
It seems we have to be registered on PESFan to download the trailer.
Is there any mirror link where the full HD trailer could be downloaded ?

This thread is about PES and not about me or you. Keep posting your opinion whether positive or negative, and if negative please back it up with quality criticism for a healthy discussion. Anymore rubbish will be deleted.

Lami you need a medal mate, i am now going for a lie down in a darkened room.:CONF:

Disapointed with the defending and keepers. Still looks like the pes of old. Players move way too quick again aswell. And before anyone has a go im a huge fan of the series.

I was disappoint before i took it all into context. It's on amateur :))

What is it about this game, it's like the animations grow you. It seems to look better every time i see the video. :CONFUSE::CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

Seriously lads, quit the PMS like stuff. Lami appreciates the good in the game, and you don't. Get over it.

Can we discuss the game without the girlish internet drama?

Back
Top Bottom