PES 2011 Discussion thread

THIS. I was just about to post the same. Best teams ever. I remember them back in PES 2. Someone needs to tweet this to Jon.

I know, and how easy would it be to do? It's just using players that are already in the game.

I remember playing as World All-stars with the likes of Ronaldo and Batistuta up-front. Ridiculously fun.

Great news about the return of PES shop. I absolutely HATE the new unlock system from PES 2008.
I played yesterday PES 2010 with some friends. What a load of CRAP is PES 2010. I absolutely HATE it!!!

Great news about the return of PES shop. I absolutely HATE the new unlock system from PES 2008.
I played yesterday PES 2010 with some friends. What a load of CRAP is PES 2010. I absolutely HATE it!!!

same here mate. me and my mates have beeing playing we7,8 and pes6 lately. pes6 for 2v2, we8 for masterleague and we7 for 1v1.
I am not seeing much progress from the footage shown so far, but i am waiting for the demo anxiously. fifa never clicked for me.

What ruins PES 2010 for me is:

- Referees: absolutely CRAP. They cant be worst. They NEED to be strict, like the good times of WE7.
- Response times: Nothing to add here, I guess everybody knows about this.
- Physical fights: It is beyond me why after all these years the players can get away when a defender gets in the player-with-the-ball way and this one just pass through without even a change of direction because the physical contact. In this matter FIFA is way better... I dont understand why Ibrahimovic has to win every physical encounter with a class defender like Terry or Ferdinand. Completely absurd.
- Keepers: Hit or miss. At least better than 2009 but that is not exactly a lot.

I remembered yesterday why I sold my PES 2010 copy. And I also dont understand why PES 2010 is a "good place to start with" and better than 2009-2008. Damn, I think it is even worse than 2008.

After saying all this, I hope PES 2011 will be at least a playable game with the new jostling system and freedom of passing. If the keepers and referees are fixed, we will have at least a decent game (like PES 6) in our hands. Videos are that, we need to have the demo in our consoles.

Why can't people get it through their thick skulls that we can have two good games? EA and Konami are different companies, hence they can produce hugely differing games within the same sporting universe.

Obviously, the quality varies in either title year on year, but as of yet neither company has produced a 100% accurate representation of football ingame. It's up to us -as fans- to help point these companies in the right direction.

I truly beilieve that this is the year where we'll be playing both titles for at least 8months (nearly a full season) solid.

Without Konami, Fifa 07, 08,09 & 10 (and likely 11) wouldn't be what they are. Without EA PES2011 would not be what it is likely to be. And even if it isn't, it is clearly evident that they've had the sufficient kick up there arse that they needed.

Start saving now and get both to avoid disapointment.

Except Seabass was making classic games when EA were making ice hockey football. Just saying.

Classic games = PS2. Not one Fifa game is worth mentioning during that era. And we all know that. So he's right.

But FIFA still sold good so there was competition, even if the gameplay didn't necessarily was the primary factor. FIFA had a big share of the market, and that is competition that drives development forward to me however you choose to look at it.

I'm looking at the "produced classic games" part. Not the "who sold the most" part.

I thought the point was that Seabass produced great games while EA's was shit, and my point was that competition doesn't necessarily mean only gameplay. And since FIFA sold well it was indeed a very good reason for PES to continue to improve, which is why even back then EA was a very true competitor to PES and helped to develop the series forward. End of story.

Ducks can't whistle. I'm right too. Nobody can disagree. But, like joeryan's post, it isn't remotely relevant to the point being made - that the competition for the title of 'best football game' that we see now (now) is what drives both sides on. Without FIFA, PES 2011 would be another shower of shite. Without PES, FIFA wouldn't have turned itself around as it has done this gen and wouldn't have made a number of the changes they're making this year.

It wasn't the point at all. You simply can't get from gameklip's post to joeryan's and see a consistent point being made. Hence my facepalm and Nick's eyeroll.

Billy - The thing is that the past FIFA's, the PS2 ones of 2005 or earlier in particular, bear almost no relation to the current titles. The top members of the development team are almost completely different for a start. Any tarring of the current FIFA team, headed up by former PES fanboys no less, with the same brush as the darker (read shit) PS2 days or indeed the PS1 days, is absurd when you look at it beyond the name on the box. It's as if people look at Seabass's extremely long tenure at the top for Konami and expect this to be the same for FIFA.

Check the bold parts. Gameklip was talking about them needing each other in regards to gameplay. Also, nothing there about competition being based on who sold the most. Fifa upping their game was based on Konami's better gameplay, they needed to surpass it. Konami's better gameplay wasn't a next-gen thing, it is based on their PS2 performances, their classics, their peak. Also not to mention the older versions of the PS1 and SNES etc. The whole of that era, Konami were a much better game in regards to gameplay. And no, their driving force wasn't Fifa selling in millions.

Fifa wasn't the only football game back in the day. There were numerous football games out there, that weren't selling as much as Fifa that Konami had to compete with regarding gameplay. If Konami wanted to make a game to compete with Fifa's selling numbers then they would've concentrated on different aspects, gameplay not being their major concern.

Fifa's team being different back in the day used as an excuse why they were shit has no relevance here. Fact is, they were bad, even if they sold mountains of their product. They cared about making money more than catering for the right crowd. Fifa has changed people/admin/teams numerous times I believe, and I'm happy they've finally hired the "right" people. The ones currently in charge have even said they didn't know how Konami were doing it during their peak. Well thank god they do now, and they have a much better game compared to the old-gen ones.

Sadly, these days on current-gen, we only have them two to push each other forth. I would love to see more companies entering the market to push the competition further.

Football is the most popular sport, and with only 2 games representing it, which are popular as well, they're bound to move in millions. Maybe they're both doing ok, but believe me they might get lazy as in not pushing to the limit. That is why we need more companies coming in. With about 4-6 football games trying to compete, and each one of them trying to preach from their own perspective, then learning from each other, then pushing much further, we as customers are bound to get a football game that is much more refined and complete.

I might get stick for saying this, but tbh sometimes I feel quite bored of both. I want fresh blood. I want to see different people with different ideas.

Lami said:
Sadly, these days on current-gen, we only have them two to push each other forth. I would love to see more companies entering the market to push the competition further.

Football is the most popular sport, and with only 2 games representing it, which are popular as well, they're bound to move in millions. Maybe they're both doing ok, but believe me they might get lazy as in not pushing to the limit. That is why we need more companies coming in. With about 4-6 football games trying to compete, and each one of them trying to preach from their own perspective, then learning from each other, then pushing much further, we as customers are bound to get a football game that is much more refined and complete.

What about Pure Football?;)

I think the lack of competition is a trend that affects sports games in general. It's a two-horse race in most cases, mainly between EA Sports and 2KSports for the American sports. I think there's a need for more and more official licensing in the HD age where graphics are much more important, which is expensive and stops new companies entering the sports genre. It's not helped by exclusive licensing either, the best example being EA's exclusive deal with the NFL which killed off the better American football series - NFL2K.

We're in a position now, where with all the consoles having hard disks of a decent size, surely companies can get around any licensing issues by adding extensive editing tools, PES is a prime example of what can be done.

Sure it'd be more difficult to sell than Fifa, but the market for PES grew and grew even with the limited licensing they had back in the day.

Last edited:
I might get stick for saying this, but tbh sometimes I feel quite bored of both. I want fresh blood. I want to see different people with different ideas.

That's understandable. Both games have had one major overhaul since their creation (counting PES' this year and Fifa 07 onwards on the next gen) so there hasn't really been that many philosophical shifts to speak of regarding football games.

It'd be great to see another company come in and offer something new. I don't think it'll happen though. Developing games costs so much money (i imagine) so what company could really afford to with a guarantee that they'll make a profit having to compete with two established games. Unless they were willing to come in with a long term strategy and be prepared for a loss whilst establishing the name.

Sure it'd be more difficult to sell than Fifa, but it the market for PES grew and grew even with the limited licensing they had back in the day.

If PES manages to sell well this year it could possible go towards showing a development company that you can break (back) into the football market.

I know what you mean but i think we are at the beginning of a new dawn for this genre,for me fifa10 and pes2010 are the start or a catilist for this genre to become much more layered with a greater level of tactical nuance and freedom of control that panders more to those with skill,timing and a footballing brains.

Ea have forced konami kicking and screaming into the 21st century and they know commercially and in the hearts and minds of gamers that those old walls and confines of the ps2 just isnt going to cut it in the year 2010.

Konami need to get a demo of pes2011 out ASAP,even if its post e3 code.If people could actually see it moving on there tvs,and experience the the feeling you get when you have the controller in your hands and how freely the players move and how intuitive the passing system is they would be more then happy even at this stage.

If i was konami i would release the demo the day gamescom starts,that way there giving something back to those that have shown patience over the years and everyone gets to play pes2011 when it finally goes public.Its evident from the earlyness that the press have recieved preview code that the games now in the final ten percent of development and near completion,it goes gold on the 1st of september.

Last edited:
Why can't people get it through their thick skulls that we can have two good games? EA and Konami are different companies, hence they can produce hugely differing games within the same sporting universe.

Obviously, the quality varies in either title year on year, but as of yet neither company has produced a 100% accurate representation of football ingame. It's up to us -as fans- to help point these companies in the right direction.

I truly beilieve that this is the year where we'll be playing both titles for at least 8months (nearly a full season) solid.

Without Konami, Fifa 07, 08,09 & 10 (and likely 11) wouldn't be what they are. Without EA PES2011 would not be what it is likely to be. And even if it isn't, it is clearly evident that they've had the sufficient kick up there arse that they needed.

Start saving now and get both to avoid disapointment.

:WORSHIP: Lets face it also, over the years and one battle which is pretty much certain to be won by both games.

PES 2011 will be better offline but FIFA 11 WILL be much better online. I don't think either can touch each over in terms of this.

What does PES have in answer to clubs or virtual pro? Or servers which aren't fucking laggy almost every game? Online Master League? and how do we even know if your servers will be good enough to handle it?

What does FIFA have in answer to Master League? Champions League, Libertadores and Europa League? Will the AI play in accordance tot heir league standing or to the aggregate score unlike they do in FIFA? Will it' gameplay have the depth of PES, highly doubt it!

This is the guide for me in terms of football games. Play PES offline and FIFA online! That hopeful will be enough to satisfy us all :)

We're in a position now, where with all the consoles having hard disks of a decent size, surely companies can get around any licensing issues by adding extensive editing tools, PES is a prime example of what can be done.

Sure it'd be more difficult to sell than Fifa, but the market for PES grew and grew even with the limited licensing they had back in the day.

Of Course back in 2004-2007 people used to make buy and trade option file disks with all the correct teams and names! Obviously they still do now what this shows is that if the gameplay is good people are happy to patch the game.

Pure Football is a pile of shit but i also think we should all contact whoever made the game, and try and help them build a sim one day with the basic engine they have. Who knows? Maybe one day it could surpass FIFA and PES?

Last edited:

Yep, said it for a while the whole genre has been held back by the licences as no one seems to, or can make a decent game without them...

I wonder if wacky hairdo or those ostriches/dinos will be in the PES shop again.....lolz

Thank god Konami are past the dog heads.. they are.. aren't they?... :SHOCK::P

In any case, PES has the UCL and EL licenses... LOL...

Don't forget in addition to ,UEFA Champions League, Europa League they have acquired the UEFA Super Cup and the Copa de Liberatadores Cup Licences which to me are far more important than EA's FIFA Licence which controls the rights for club teams and the FIFA WORLD CUP tournament which occurs every 4 yrs so let EA keep their EFA and ECC championships . ''Boring!'' kudos to Sebass and his team patience really paid off for acquiring the right licenses

I think we can forget about Licence issue now Konami have acquired the mother of all licenses which is UCL ,now they just have to focus on the gameplay and the fans feedback . PES 2011 seems to be pointing in the right direction

I wasn't referencing PES now, obviously it has fantastic licenses these days. I was referring to a time when it didn't and still grew as a franchise, my point being I'd hope developers could look past licensing and take a crack at creating a game to rival PES & Fifa.

I wasn't referencing PES now, obviously it has fantastic licenses these days. I was referring to a time when it didn't and still grew as a franchise, my point being I'd hope developers could look past licensing and take a crack at creating a game to rival PES & Fifa.

Would love that to happen.

Yeah that was then over a decade now things have changed consoles , laws , and the market which brought about the competition . Europe and Japan -winning eleven series and North America - fifa franchise . I was one of the very fortunate because i had a modified PS2 so i had the better of both worlds.

I guess inevitably the problem now is online and the fact you can't use edited data.

Wishful thinking then I suppose.

I think we can forget about Licence issue now Konami have acquired the mother of all licenses which is UCL ,now they just have to focus on the gameplay and the fans feedback . PES 2011 seems to be pointing in the right direction

not all UCL teams are licenced

Yep, said it for a while the whole genre has been held back by the licences as no one seems to, or can make a decent game without them...

Thank god Konami are past the dog heads.. they are.. aren't they?... :SHOCK::P
I think we have the big edit news that konami is keeping under wraps....the return if the f'n dinosaurs
..da-da-da-daaaa

I also would love another footy franchise to go out there and shake things up. There is enough missing from FIFA and PES to take advantage of.

On the comment of online capability, I do not agree that konami do not have the capability to play as smoothly as FIFA. It was able to do it on the previous gen so why not now? I hope they get this right, I need to get Lami back ;)

not all UCL teams are licenced

Obviously. But that can be corrected with a good option file. The Champions League licence is the important bit, not the clubs involved. The feel and presentation of the UCL, and the real music is what gives it such atmosphere and is (in my opinion) the best thing about PES2010.

I also would love another footy franchise to go out there and shake things up. There is enough missing from FIFA and PES to take advantage of.

2K Sports could be the one´s to produce a great game to compete, or even surpass, FIFA and PES. They make top quality games in other sports, they could just try it on soccer.

0,,10420~6843375,00.jpg
cav4_1405830c.jpg

;)

Jermaine Easter, Stephen Ireland, Easter Ireland, clearly this is code for the Easter Island league being obtained.

Back
Top Bottom