PES 2011 Discussion thread

Yes, when I couldn't translate the word "béat" properly in english I looked it up and it gave me "smug".I think "smug" has a more negative connotation than what was initially meant.
I'm sorry, I didn't wanna create confusion and my intent wasn't to put either Adam nor Kaiwai in a negative light

My apologies to the original writer if there was no bad intention. I'm sure they're all blissfully happy hammering away at the preview code.

Goalgerd ypour sig is getting me excited already. Hope the updates don't wreak havoc this time mate.

one thing im hoping for is a universal editor like what the pc guys use to change stats,add created players etc. if it is true that there are an extra 24 league spaces(league C-Z)then thats an extra 432 teams possibly to create which is mind boggling!! to give you a timeframe it took me 1 month to create the full 18 team bundesliga on our last pes2010 option file which consisted of 18 teams with an average of 15 created players in each

Yeah I made the same point a few pages back. Konami must keep our editing community in mind if the edit mode is going to be as comprehensive. Not to mention copying the optiom file over on the PS3 it is time consuming enough already. I couldn't imagine the time spent on editing this gen. The last editing I did was PES5.

Béat: like in "admiration béat" you could translate this as: seeing only the positive things because you admire something to much, being unable to be critical.

What trying to say that in his review he will be critical, will look out for negative points and will mention them.

Might be worth editing the original translation as people will link to it or copy it word for word elsewhere without the clarification.

Do you think the pes players will never fully resemble their real life counterparts until konami include tattoos?

Béat: like in "admiration béat" you could translate this as: seeing only the positive things because you admire something to much, being unable to be critical.

What trying to say that in his review he will be critical, will look out for negative points and will mention them.

Nice one.My mistake was to not even try to look for another word expressing the same feeling.

Do you think the pes players will never fully resemble their real life counterparts until konami include tattoos?

Until the day all footballers that currenty sport tattoos have them removed by lazer, Konami's representations will merely fall into the poor clones category. Sad but true.

Until the day all footballers that currenty sport tattoos have them removed by lazer, Konami's representations will merely fall into the poor clones category. Sad but true.
Well maybe they can be added to the texture of the players that will have a face in the game..
But in my opinion (so forget gameplay as I'm not talking about it) tattoos are not as relevant as having a proper ball for any competition or proper boots for example. I'd choose 100 times a player with correctly branded boots over the same one with correct tattoos but with boots of no brand (or even mismatched).

one thing im hoping for is a universal editor like what the pc guys use to change stats,add created players etc. if it is true that there are an extra 24 league spaces(league C-Z)then thats an extra 432 teams possibly to create which is mind boggling!! to give you a timeframe it took me 1 month to create the full 18 team bundesliga on our last pes2010 option file which consisted of 18 teams with an average of 15 created players in each

Its never going to happen, but can imagine how good it would be if they created some method of exporting leagues so that many OF makes could work on one file at once.

I would be extremely happy with a global editor.

I have gone back to playing our PS3 file and after building a team of quality players in the master league, I am loving it as the player movements are a lot better with the best players and the difficulty that we put into the game means I still have a battle on my hands winning the master league and champions league on top player

Well maybe they can be added to the texture of the players that will have a face in the game..
But in my opinion (so forget gameplay as I'm not talking about it) tattoos are not as relevant as having a proper ball for any competition or proper boots for example. I'd choose 100 times a player with correctly branded boots over the same one with correct tattoos but with boots of no brand (or even mismatched).

I was being incredibly sarcastic.

Haven't played PES since PES5 and PES6 on the PC, had to make do with Fifa 08/09 for my football fix the last couple of years but hopefully looks like PES could be back with this one.

Its never going to happen, but can imagine how good it would be if they created some method of exporting leagues so that many OF makes could work on one file at once.

I would be extremely happy with a global editor.

I have gone back to playing our PS3 file and after building a team of quality players in the master league, I am loving it as the player movements are a lot better with the best players and the difficulty that we put into the game means I still have a battle on my hands winning the master league and champions league on top player

i went back to it too last week after playing pc pes6 for the last 2months and the difficulty on top player was a shock,think i won 1 game in 10!!

this year if the edit mode is that good then a pc game purchase is a must

Last edited:
animations look very poor in that video.

As for the rest it is more like a commercial for konami, not really a fair preview. But i don't know how many of you actually understand the language.

Jon Murphy on twitter:

@stajnko Seven leagues in ML this year about 4 hours ago via TweetDeck in reply to stajnko

is that top and 2nd division or just 7 top divisions? prem,ligue 1,serie a, eredivise, la liga, other misc league euro teams,and 1 south american league??

that makes 7

I want the whole database available in ML for searching.

You know the players come in as youth later - Dzeko showed up like 4-5 seasons in.

I wish we could have all of those players available too and someone (Konami or other) needs to come up with an editor. I love the game on PS3 but it is a damn pain. It should definitely be possible on x360

You know the players come in as youth later - Dzeko showed up like 4-5 seasons in.

I wish we could have all of those players available too and someone (Konami or other) needs to come up with an editor. I love the game on PS3 but it is a damn pain. It should definitely be possible on x360

Yes I know. Can't say I like it. There are far too many gems or players in the database and I'd like to go searching through them all.

The keepers are not good in that movie, because it is from an old build.
In the mean time the keepers are already fixed.

Is it me or does that video show the keepers to look still very poor. Plus the passing animations are not totally awesome. The tricks seem to easily beat defenders aswell. Call me critical but i just want a top notch PES this year.

The video is "old", just the first 30 seconds are new (menu and highlights), the rest is from the trailer from the first days of July. The preview code some people have right now is, according to them, far more smooth, goalkeepers fixed, etc.

yes,yes, yes , video is old , its just 70% game code and blablabla -oldest story and i dont get it. To be honest animations are still poor and even if it is only beta ,they dont have time to fix this .I like only one thing now , tactic menu - its rly great but i think it will be the only thing what I will be pleased in final game ... I hope not

Back
Top Bottom