PES 2011 Discussion thread

The one thing that we keep hearing that is worrying to me is that the keepers are not good. I just hope they make them solid this year.

I hope pes finally claws back alot of the fans. I liked fifa 08 and fifa 09 compared to pes 08 and pes 09. I prefered pes 2010 to fifa 10 however. Theirs just something about pes that fifa doesnt have for me. I feel happier playing pes and have more fun.

Can anyone translate this post by KAiWAi properly? http://www.wearepes.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=27&topic=12814.msg325797#msg325797

Google Translator does a really bad job with "relaxed" French.
Voilà ^^

Just got back from my weekend in Paris all smiley.
As expected I had the chance to test PES2011 for long hours.Friday night, Smiley and I were first invited to play a few matches on the E3 build, the ones that most medias have based their reviews on.

I won't dwell on it too much but I can confirm many positive thing which were already talked about: perfect manual passing system, a tons of new animations, an increased agility in dribbling, some new tasty tactical options.
This first version wasn't exempt of errors, quite the opposite actually, we easily felt it wasn't close to be a final product with all the bugs regarding the fluidity of animations, the players who just freeze and forget the ball, the non-existent keepers' AI etc ...

However we can see that this is a new turn for the franchise, a unique opus which promises a great future.
After we tried the "preview version" which is a lot more closer to the final product, a version containing all the game modes, with corrected and debugged animations and as Adam and Smiley wickedly mentioned, keepers are a lot more alive during their actions and saves.

That's it for now, I've said too much and as you are all waiting for August 4th (at 00:01), we'll give you more details regarding our impressions.I can tell you in advance our review will be comprehensive and as objective as possible without all the Béat* you'd get from Adam.
You'll have a small taste of PES2011 and you will only need to show patience for the demo to confirm every infos we've been giving you

*Béat: like in "admiration béat" you could translate this as: seeing only the positive things because you admire something to much, being unable to be critical.

What trying to say that in his review he will be critical, will look out for negative points and will mention them.

Special thanks to Kouroux for his translation and to Gerd for the translation of the word Béat

Last edited by a moderator:
Another positive comment, and favorable comparison between the preview build and the old E3 code, but nothing new. He seems cheesed off that Adam beat him to the punch.

Voilà ^^

As expected I had the chance to test PES2011 for long hours.Friday night, Smiley and I were first invited to play a few matches on the E3 build, the ones that most medias have based their reviews on.

I won't dwell on it too much but I can confirm many positive thing which were already talked about: perfect manual passing system, a tons of new animations, an increased agility in dribbling, some new tasty tactical options.
This first version wasn't exempt of errors, quite the opposite actually, we easily felt it wasn't close to be a final product with all the bugs regarding the fluidity of animations, the players who just freeze and forget the ball, the non-existent keepers' AI etc ...

However we can see that this is a new turn for the franchise, a unique opus which promises a great future.
After we tried the "preview version" which is a lot more closer to the final product, a version containing all the game modes, with corrected and debugged animations and as Adam and Smiley wickedly mentioned, keepers are a lot more alive during their actions and saves.

That's it for now, I've said too much and as you are all waiting for August 4th (at 00:01), we'll give you more details regarding our impressions.I can tell you in advance our review will be comprehensive and as objective as possible without all the smug you'd get from Adam.
You'll have a small taste of PES2011 and you will only need to show patience for the demo to confirm every infos we've been giving you

Great stuff Kouroux, that is what you call a translation. Thankyou.

yes , it's
in fact this video shows a very few bugs and glitches compared to what we've actually seen in the game "i mean pes 2010"

Yes , this is only small part of the glitches and problems in PES 2010 ! But the bad thing is.. that glitches is appear not only in few games , this glitches or bugs is basic part of the hole gameplay and you can see it every minute of the match . Basically PES 2010 gameplay is build on the glitches and CPU cheats . And yes , Konami must fix all this shit !

Well there was a word in french "béat" and I didn't have the exact translation so I googled it and it gave me "smug".
What can I say haha ?

Voilà ^^

That's it for now, I've said too much and as you are all waiting for August 4th (at 00:01), we'll give you more details regarding our impressions.I can tell you in advance our review will be comprehensive and as objective as possible without all the smug you'd get from Adam.

Awesome work man :)

A bit cheap to take a dig at a fellow journalist in an attempt to boost his own credibilty. He says nothing new that Adam and the other lad's preview hasn't already said.

Still, more positivity towards the game. Maybe it's best to just focus on that, even if the delivery could be better.

great translation, thanks a lot... the part I think is most important is that one with the objective mention and Adam... LOL

A bit cheap to take a dig at a fellow journalist in an attempt to boost his own credibilty. He says nothing new that Adam and the other lad's preview hasn't already said.

I feel that probably he wants to distance himself from Adam fanboy style. I dont consider that bad, in fact I would do the same ^^

great translation, thanks a lot... the part I think is most important is that one with the objective mention and Adam... LOL

I feel that probably he wants to distance himself from Adam fanboy style. I dont consider that bad, in fact I would do the same ^^

It's no crime to want PES to be a great game.

If the French fellow is a good enough journalist, he wouldn't feel the need to belittle others to bum himself up.

I know what you mean, what I state is that he does not want to "bum himself" saying that Adam is a fanboy. He is stating a fact just to make clear he will try to be as objective as he can be. I dont see the problem there.

who said that? John Murphy?

Jon Murphy told everyone they weren't coded in the old code. They are in the preview code. Adam has said they're fixed, and PESGaming's preview reads "struggling to find negatives with the build, and that’s quite a compliment to the team!"

I think it's safe to say keepers are fixed. Not much else can be said, and anyone that has written anything is pretty close to breaking embargo by doing so.

"That's it for now, I've said too much and as you are all waiting for August 4th (at 00:01), we'll give you more details regarding our impressions.I can tell you in advance our review will be comprehensive and as objective as possible without all the smug you'd get from Adam.
You'll have a small taste of PES2011 and you will only need to show patience for the demo to confirm every infos we've been giving you"

so we will get the info from the euro sites on the 3rd of august at 11pm

Still, more positivity towards the game. Maybe it's best to just focus on that, even if the delivery could be better.

Actually I'm not sure if that's what he meant to do in the original post... I think he means "without seeming too sensationalist". Could be wrong.

Actually I'm not sure if that's what he meant to do in the original post... I think he means "without seeming too sensationalist". Could be wrong.

Yes, when I couldn't translate the word "béat" properly in english I looked it up and it gave me "smug".I think "smug" has a more negative connotation than what was initially meant.
I'm sorry, I didn't wanna create confusion and my intent wasn't to put either Adam nor Kaiwai in a negative light

Yes, when I couldn't translate the word "béat" properly in english I looked it up and it gave me "smug".I think "smug" has a more negative connotation than what was initially meant.
I'm sorry, I didn't wanna create confusion and my intent wasn't to put either Adam nor Kaiwai in a negative light

Google translator does translate as "smug", not your fault. WorldReference translates as "blissfully happy" lol.

Back
Top Bottom