PES 2011 Discussion thread

This bit made me sad:

Such startling ignorance. Any true football fan knows that the Copa Lib is a major licensing catch.

It's funny. I was catching up with all the posts and was reading that "reviewers" comment about what you quoted the Copa Santander Libertadores licence.
I copied and was going to post exactly the same responce you just did. Pissy arsed journalisim. That reason is why i trust my own instincts.

Looks like he should stick to his World of Warcraft fucking longhair!!

True, the great improvements of PES 2011 in general will bring back a lot of fans.
Still, online is not to underestimate.
I give you an example:
I -together with a lot of Dutch players - have a forum where we play many tournaments. ( www.digitaalgras.nl )
In the past years tournaments were very hard to do with PES, because of the online-quality, so we were forced to use FIFA to play tournaments.
With FIFA we discovered clubs-mode and we went on to create different clubs.

The tendency on our forum is now that most people will only go back to PES if there is an alternative for the clubs-mode.
If that is not in PES, it will be hard to get those players back as they are kind-of addicted to clubs.

You are so right.. this is why I'm even considering getting FIFA this year.. just for this reason alone. club online play is VERY addicting.. I know this because I was addicted to EA's NHL club play and was on a top ranked club the majority of the year. Many in the large EASHL (EA Sports Hockey League) Community that I know bought FIFA not even footie fans but just because they heard online club is even better than the Hockey which I find hard to believe... but apparently it's more stable with lesser drop outs on 5 v 5, ect. than there is in Hockey.

I'm very excited for PES again.. This year looks like it is finally a top quality PES title on PS3/360. I dream and starting to expect it to have the best gameplay out of any sports game you can buy like it once did back in the day on the PS2. For online in the future, I do wish they would have club play where you can create your own player and get online with clubs and edit your attributes like EA's hockey. Konami can not wait to long to try to build an online community like EA is doing with it's hOckey and FIFA. The online communities for EA's hockey is getting huge and is the most important aspect of the game besides the gameplay EA focuses on. However, I will say ML online sounds very addicting to me if it actually works.. that would be just as good if not better than clubs for me... but the game must be playable online konami :) PES 2010 is probably the worst ONLINE sports game I ever played... it's completely different game vs playing offline and unplayable imo... Hell.. even NFL2K1 on the dreamcast on dialup is still far better and playable than the shit netcode konami has for PES 2010.. and that came out in what 2000 and uses freaking dialup.. no excuse konami.. and what I don't understand most is I know konami can get it better because imo PES online on the PS2 was playable and I was addicted to that for awhile... how can the online get worst on the PS3 years later?

Last edited:
@NowGamer_Dave Do you realize how ridiculous that article is? You haven't played the game and are already making conclusions..
@NowGamer_Dave You sound like the regular troll who bashes something without knowing. Someone should teach you the basics of journalism.
@_JoaoCampos Excuse me? If you read the article you'll see that I DIDN'T WRITE IT!
@NowGamer_Dave Sorry then. I've read the article alright, didn't really noticed who wrote it, just searched for the source here.
@NowGamer_Dave But do tell to whoever wrote it that it sucks.
@_JoaoCampos It's a preview. We have the game here in our office, people are playing it right now. So how don't we know anything about it?
@_JoaoCampos Yes but that person has also played the full game. We have it in the office.
@NowGamer_Dave But that preview doesn't sound at all like it was experienced. You have the same "opinion" as that person?
@_JoaoCampos I haven't played it, I hate football games.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I can't read anymore after that, it's too funny!

it is pretty stupid to understimate Libertadores cup, since usually the best players end in big clubs at Europe... at the end that statement is so funny because is too ridiculous...

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/fifa-team-pro-evo-fans.html

Thought you guys would get a kick out of this article.
As the old saying goes if you can’t beat them join them.

I know in the end it all comes down to personal preference and individual taste, however the better game for me this year was PES2010. Playing it for the first 5 hours I knew immediately that 2011 would be fantastic. At the moment I am playing World Cup2010 and although I love the great number of African teams and general atmosphere of the game. Boy is it sterile and bland. There are some animations in PES2010 when receiving the ball (first touch) that are simply better than anything the other competition is doing animation wise. I know I have not endured the pain of 08 and 09 like some other PES diehards; I am really new to the series with that being said I cannot see myself being disappointed with PES2011.

Sorry in advance if i violated any rules Lami.

Since when was disrespect considered funny? If I was South American I'd surely demand an apology from that ignorant roach.

In every kind of humour there is some form of (mild) disrespect. Humour does not function with respect.
Over the years PES has become something of an icon in gameland. Sooner or later every icon is submitted to humour and thus disrespect. Is every joke about religion disrespectfull? I don't think so. Nothing is holy and least of all a game...there are much more important things than a game.
I still think this "preview" is pretty funny. The guy even had the guts to admit that he didn't play the game because he hates football games....

Like i already said: you people take this (and PES) way too serious.

I still think this "preview" is pretty funny. The guy even had the guts to admit that he didn't play the game because he hates football games.

The guy that Anderson had the exchange with on Twitter was not the guy that wrote the article.

Perhaps we do take PES a bit too seriously but you have to admit that was lazy journalism, loaded with bias, prejudice and disinterest, and written in a sneering tone.

In the biggest pes site in italy we can hardly organize any pes 2010 tournament and we still play regular pes6 leagues.

You guys should understand how many people left pes and won't be back unless it is a solid and exciting experience. And the reaction of people from the videos shown so far have been "meh...it looks like pes 2010, look at zlatan ibr. running, it's crap".

So konami is surely doing a poor job so far in terms of promoting the game, they can't be in the 4th year of next gen console, 2 months before the game goes gold and still have issue with the ref, the golies, runnning animations and the transition of animations, sounds effect etc. Not too mention that disgraceful on line experience. Those are the fundamentals of any sport game actually. I played pes5-6 on line a lot and felt down by pes2008,9, 10 because on line was garbage.

Many of you seem to fail to understand how little faith most people have in konami after 3 years of failures.

So it makes little sense to make fun of people because they are skeptical after years of empty promises.

Saying it feels like an old pes is not enough, many of us want a refreshing next gen football game.

The guy that Anderson had the exchange with on Twitter was not the guy that wrote the article.

Perhaps we do take PES a bit too seriously but you have to admit that was lazy journalism, loaded with bias, prejudice and disinterest, and written in a sneering tone.

'Some people believe PES is a matter of life and death, I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.'

Jimmy Shankly.

In the biggest pes site in italy we can hardly organize any pes 2010 tournament and we still play regular pes6 leagues.

You guys should understand how many people left pes and won't be back unless it is a solid and exciting experience. And the reaction of people from the videos shown so far have been "meh...it looks like pes 2010, look at zlatan ibr. running, it's crap".

So konami is surely doing a poor job so far in terms of promoting the game, they can't be in the 4th year of next gen console, 2 months before the game goes gold and still have issue with the ref, the golies, runnning animations and the transition of animations, sounds effect etc. Not too mention that disgraceful on line experience. Those are the fundamentals of any sport game actually. I played pes5-6 on line a lot and felt down by pes2008,9, 10 because on line was garbage.

Many of you seem to fail to understand how little faith most people have in konami after 3 years of failures.

So it makes little sense to make fun of people because they are skeptical after years of empty promises.

Saying it feels like an old pes is not enough, many of us want a refreshing next gen football game.
I agree with you about the lack of online quality.
See my post about it, I also have problems with tournaments:
True, the great improvements of PES 2011 in general will bring back a lot of fans.
Still, online is not to underestimate.
I give you an example:
I -together with a lot of Dutch players - have a forum where we play many tournaments. ( www.digitaalgras.nl )
In the past years tournaments were very hard to do with PES, because of the online-quality, so we were forced to use FIFA to play tournaments.
With FIFA we discovered clubs-mode and we went on to create different clubs.

The tendency on our forum is now that most people will only go back to PES if there is an alternative for the clubs-mode.
If that is not in PES, it will be hard to get those players back as they are kind-of addicted to clubs.

Still, if somebody write a very negative preview I do not agree with it, especially as the guy did not give good arguments, like I did in the quoted part above.

We should be critical, but in a constructive way, so that Konami can use it to improve their game.
So to be critical about online: I hope they stop using peer-to-peer and start using dedicated servers. That way you take away a lot of lag and the price cannot be an issue for such a big company.
Licenses are more expensive.

Last edited:

so true, have to agree with everything!

they better bring back 2 vs 2 group matches online!

Wait for Aug 4th, I think those issues have been resolved especially keepers. The problem is we moan when Konami dont show us anything and when they do it is a work in progress. Look at Fifa, they have released nothing, but when they do it will be more or less complete. We cant have it both ways. But Konami should have sorted the keepers earlier to allay are fears and reduce speculation. However Kawai, PesGaming and Adam are saying how good preview code is and im sure more will on Aug 4th. I think PES will win back alot fans this year.

The menus looks very nice as does that short glimpse of the player models.

I think somebody pointed it out the other day but i do think this PES will very much be like Fifa 08. Decent gameplay but basic.

I'd be surprised if they added anything additional into the game to make it more dynamic you know.

In every kind of humour there is some form of (mild) disrespect. Humour does not function with respect.
Over the years PES has become something of an icon in gameland. Sooner or later every icon is submitted to humour and thus disrespect. Is every joke about religion disrespectfull? I don't think so. Nothing is holy and least of all a game...there are much more important things than a game.
I still think this "preview" is pretty funny. The guy even had the guts to admit that he didn't play the game because he hates football games....

Like i already said: you people take this (and PES) way too serious.

When I mentioned disrespect, I strictly meant him disrespecting the South Americans, nothing to do with PES.

Humour does not function with respect.

Thank you. That's why I will not consider that funny in any way. And yes, I'm not one who likes to joke about religions. I know my limits.

I think somebody pointed it out the other day but i do think this PES will very much be like Fifa 08. Decent gameplay but basic.

I'd be surprised if they added anything additional into the game to make it more dynamic you know.

:CONFUSE:

Thank you. That's why I will not consider that funny in any way. And yes, I'm not one who likes to joke about religions. I know my limits.

brian2_wideweb__470x302,0.jpg

And contrary to popular belief, I'm not the Messiah.

I take it that awful music in the leaked video isn't in the actual game........

As for this edition of PES it's ethos is always different from FIFA.

I don't know about the rest of you but when I play PES I play as a 'real' team like my favourite teams would play.

For instance with Argentina pass it round and try to triangulate up the pitch none of these flank attacks or passes on the half turn as Trevor Brooking would say or just bombing down the flanks with a pacy winger lobbing it in and trying to score.

With Stoke not a favourite team of mine I adopt the tactics they use in real life , hurling in long throws and getting the ball as quickly as possible back to front.

I derive greater enjoyment that way.

I should clarify i meant similar to Fifa 08 in terms of emphasis on the start of something. I didn't mean similar in terms of gameplay.

I take it that awful music in the leaked video isn't in the actual game........

No but that song is in Fifa 10

Last edited:
Thanks for the vid, maremas_. The menus and UI looks really slick.:APPLAUD:

It will be like Fifa 08 in terms of being a fresh start and the foundation for PES to build on. If it's literally like Fifa 08 with weighty ball physics, good response times and player individuality then I will be very happy.

Back
Top Bottom