PES 2011 Discussion thread

Pressing into people with X is great for breaking things up. It'd be nice to be able to do little things like clip heels, pull shirts.

Any word on whether diving will actually work this year?

Pressing into people with X is great for breaking things up. It'd be nice to be able to do little things like clip heels, pull shirts.

Any word on whether diving will actually work this year?

If the refs are as strict as PES5 then sprint pressing with X would break up the play just fine.

I've not read a single word about diving so far. I guess it's still in the game, but in PES2010 it's a pointless feature really as it never works. I'd like to see diving at least work now and again. It's all part of the game.

Why is so? I doubt we will see any other "exception" like this one until August.

Yes i doubt it to, but thats because of many reasons, that were mentioned by many people in here, no one is allowed to even talk do the embargo, and so having a different oppinion, will be suicide, of this sites and blog´s that gets the game every year to try it sonner than anyone else.

But i´m really excited about this game this year, mostly because almost all the things i hate in PES 2010 will be reworked, and i think in a very good way.

Due the Adam thing you said, is not a fact of being cynic, do you know the story of John and the Wolf, we believe once, we believe twice, at third he gets eaten by the wolf .Only dumbs will believe it without see it first.

Last edited:
Yes i doubt it to, but thats because of many reasons, that were mentioned by many people in here, no one is allowed to even talk do the embargo, and so having a different oppinion, will be suicide, of this sites and blog´s that gets the game every year to try it sonner than anyone else.

But i´m really excited about this game this year, mostly because almost all the things hi hate in PES 2010 will be reworked, and i think in a very good way.

Due the Adam thing you said, is not a fact of being cynic, do you know the story of John and the Wolf, we believe once, we believe twice, at third he gets eaten by the wolf .Only dumbs will believe it without see it first.

I agree about the excitement. When Pes 2010 came out, i said to myself, if they sort the animations, gk's, refs and freedom out this would be quality. And it seems that has all been worked on to a high standard. On top of that it seems we are getting a huge edit mode, Copa, Stadium editor, re-done BAL. PES 2011 is looking like a full package this year, its hard not to get excited.

I agree about the excitement. When Pes 2010 came out, i said to myself, if they sort the animations, gk's, refs and freedom out this would be quality. And it seems that has all been worked on to a high standard. On top of that it seems we are getting a huge edit mode, Copa, Stadium editor, re-done BAL. PES 2011 is looking like a full package this year, its hard not to get excited.

People seem to forgot one of the most important things where PES is stil behind on FIFA: Online.
Total silence on that, apart from a short announcement about ML online.
One of the greatest attractions of FIFA is clubs online.
If Konami wants their fans back, they should bring something similar.

People seem to forgot one of the most important things where PES is stil behind on FIFA: Online.

To an extent. But most fans will come back if the gameplay is fixed. Online can be 2012 focus. However I expect online in 2011 to be much improved. It would be awesome if online is fixed in 2011. Nothing beats the excitement if facing human opposition.

To an extent. But most fans will come back if the gameplay is fixed. Online can be 2012 focus. However I expect online in 2011 to be much improved. It would be awesome if online is fixed in 2011. Nothing beats the excitement if facing human opposition.

True, the great improvements of PES 2011 in general will bring back a lot of fans.
Still, online is not to underestimate.
I give you an example:
I -together with a lot of Dutch players - have a forum where we play many tournaments. ( www.digitaalgras.nl )
In the past years tournaments were very hard to do with PES, because of the online-quality, so we were forced to use FIFA to play tournaments.
With FIFA we discovered clubs-mode and we went on to create different clubs.

The tendency on our forum is now that most people will only go back to PES if there is an alternative for the clubs-mode.
If that is not in PES, it will be hard to get those players back as they are kind-of addicted to clubs.

Yes, I've done it using the data migration cable method, it's very simple. It's actually quicker than copying all the individual files from a USB stick to the PS3!

Great, thanks! Is it not possible to do it from a USB stick? (especially with the new HDD settings?)

(i will now google data migration)

For me the most important thing is GAMEPLAY.
Online if fixed, great. But my concern is offline gameplay.

... That can't be called preview. He didn't even played the game (he says that in the article. In fact, I don't think he ever played PES before. Guess what, gaming review sites have trolls too!

He needs...

how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-fu.jpg

Is this person for real ? I'm not a Konami sycophant. I found the PES2008/9 iterations awful and PES2010 only a move in the right direction.

But that review is hardly analytical or balanced. It seems that he already has preconceived ideas regarding the game or has alread thrown in his lot with EA Sports.

If you cannot bothered to be constructive either in the information you disclose or your criticism then do not bother. You are there to provide an objective assessment for the benefit of the gaming public not your own personal predilections.

The whole tone of the article is dripping with barely disguised loathing. Hardly what one could call a review.

Last edited:
Is this person for real ? I'm not a Konami sycophant. I found the PES2008/9 iterations awful and PES2010 only a move in the right direction.

But that review is hardly analytical or balanced. It seems that he already has preconceived ideas regarding the game or has alread thrown in his lot with EA Sports.

If you cannot bothered to be constructive either in the information you disclose or your criticism then do not bother. You are there to provide an objective assessment for the benefit of the gaming public not not your own personal predilections.

The whole tone of the article is dripping with barely disguised loathing. Hardly what one could call a review.

The rest of his "previews" and "reviews" about other games are equally dumb. Alot of non-sense on that head lol.

If you cannot bothered to be constructive either in the information you disclose or your criticism then do not bother. You are there to provide an objective assessment for the benefit of the gaming public not your own personal predilections.

I feel the same, it's lazy 'journalism' at it's very worst. There's no attempt at impartiality or even a sense that he knows anything at all about PES2011.

Had a nice chat with an "award-winning game journalist and staff writer at NowGamer" of that site over twitter. Can't stop laughing:

@NowGamer_Dave Do you realize how ridiculous that article is? You haven't played the game and are already making conclusions..
@NowGamer_Dave You sound like the regular troll who bashes something without knowing. Someone should teach you the basics of journalism.
@_JoaoCampos Excuse me? If you read the article you'll see that I DIDN'T WRITE IT!
@NowGamer_Dave Sorry then. I've read the article alright, didn't really noticed who wrote it, just searched for the source here.
@NowGamer_Dave But do tell to whoever wrote it that it sucks.
@_JoaoCampos It's a preview. We have the game here in our office, people are playing it right now. So how don't we know anything about it?
@_JoaoCampos Yes but that person has also played the full game. We have it in the office.
@NowGamer_Dave But that preview doesn't sound at all like it was experienced. You have the same "opinion" as that person?
@_JoaoCampos I haven't played it, I hate football games.
@NowGamer_Dave I really don't care, opinions are opinions, but the article is lazy journalism at it's best.
@_JoaoCampos No it's not, not at all. I think you've missed the point here. It's a theoretical Q&A about new features in the game.
@NowGamer_Dave If he did indeed played the game, which I doubt, it was about 5 minutes and dropped it, since he ...
@NowGamer_Dave ... doesn't talk about how the game plays but instead about how it looks like it plays, like someone watching the video w/say
@_JoaoCampos Well I'm telling you right now, he has played it.
@NowGamer_Dave Sorry but no, he's talking about secondary stuff, like if it was all that Konami paid attention too. Quite the opposite I say
@NowGamer_Dave I'm just saying, this is the sort of thing you post on a open forum, not on a gaming site on the "preview" section.
@_JoaoCampos And who decides that rule?
@NowGamer_Dave Uh...? Common sense? You know what, leave it, that just explained a lot to me. Bye
@_JoaoCampos Idiot. Blocking you now.

I don't even care if I come across as a rude "hurt fanboy", because his answers are ridiculous. Look at his "victim play" with his followers:

Can we all explain to @_JoaoCampos that I didn't write our PES 2011 preview? He's getting upset with me because he doesn't agree with it.
@Wedgeh1 Yes, I hate being accused of things I haven't done.
@RomerosSoldier @SiPB007 thing is, I didn't even write the preview he had issue with :/
@Ognawk me too. I've lost two followers since this started, maybe they were PES fanboys too?
@chicknstu Yep, it was petty I agree, but being accused of stuff I haven't done is a pet hate of mine. Can't let it slide.

Why does he keep playing the victim part since I recognized pretty soon that it wasn't him who wrote it (some dude at Play-mag did), but that they have responsibilities for it too?

Hard to believe in his bio: "Bio GMA award-winning game journalist and staff writer at NowGamer." LOL.

This is one gaming site I'll make sure I don't visit until it ceases it's pathetic existence.

This bit made me sad:

Does PES 2011 have any features FIFA 11 doesn’t?

Er… it has the official Copa Santander Libertadores licence.

The official what?

It’s basically the South American equivalent of the Champions League. It’s very popular. But all of the best South American players are at European clubs, so it’s not exactly a major licensing catch, is it?
It might help the game shift a few more copies in Argentina.

Such startling ignorance. Any true football fan knows that the Copa Lib is a major licensing catch.

Back
Top Bottom