PES 2011 Discussion thread

For PES 2011 i want...

1. Manual or semi manual pass with power bar...

2. Better AI for defenders...

3. Better COM/CPU...More difficult gameplay...Like PES 5...

4. Better running animations..

The players to run like this

59720150.png

Not like this

images2.png

5. Better ball physics..Little better..

6. Better ref. They dont give penalties in PES2010.

7. I like pes 2010 goalkeepers..Buffon and Casillas and some others are very good..

8. unlimited slots for faces.

Last edited:
For PES 2011 i want...

The players to run like this

59720150.png

Not like this

images2.png

Fact is that footballers mainly run like picture 2.
Athletes ( sprinters ) run more like picture 1

Apart from this, PES 2011 is in the finishing phases, so a wishlist is not so useful anymore ;)

Yes..You didn't understand me..

Ronaldos body is physical.. In PES 2010 the players hunchbacked..

Ι think they are better in PES 2011..Now i trying to create a video with first look video's animations from the wide camera..

Greek Power makes a good point

I know he is talking about body shape but it brings up a point about speed too.

Players off the ball don't always run like Ronaldo does in that picture obviously (it'd be unecessary and waste much energy) but they do do it when necessary. A la Rooney v Arsenal last season.

This brings up something actually generally overlooked in football games, speed.

In football games there's generally only two types of speed (3 in fifa i guess with the addition of L2), jog/walk fast and sprint. It's annoying because you can't hold the ball up by really slowly walking, like players do when looking for runners (you can't really do it in PES at all, it's better in fifa holding L2 but still too much like a light jog and not a slow walk). Again on the other end of the spectrum you can run fast but not sprint like Ronaldo appears to be doing in the picture. It'd be great to be able to do that, to contest a loose ball or to try and get into the box when off the ball, and something that would drain energy quickly as a detriment and because well that'd be realistic. Imagine also having the ability to run in really fast on a ball contest for the ball but be fractionally too late and accidentally injure the other player or yourself in the process by overexerting yourself trying to win a ball.

This is why i'd love for either game to atleast try their hand at creating a system whereby how hard you squeeze the trigger button corresponded to how slow or fast your player went. Something like that, i'm sure i've heard the idea of acceleration proposed before. Could have been on the Fifa forums.

I know only having two kinds of running speed on PES bugs me.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. If the defence is tight enough you're supposed to not be able to get away with tricks. Some of the other guys playing said they didn't had much success with it, and in order to try and do tricks they would have to be "away" from the game.
I really hope so.. I would hate people relying only on tricks to win games.. It'd be a mess. I don't mind a trick to get past a defender once or twice in a match, but not at every time..
I really hope you're right (and thanks Heaven it looks like Mart can confirm it) :)

Great post rodelero. If anything Mart is about the only buy you don't have to take his word with a bucket of salt. These guys are so wined and dined that they fail to see clearly or at least make objective assessments.

Also if a company gives you preference to play an early build, you better not bite the hand that feeds you.

Players off the ball don't always run like Ronaldo does in that picture obviously (it'd be unecessary and waste much energy) but they do do it when necessary. A la Rooney v Arsenal last season.

This brings up something actually generally overlooked in football games, speed.

In football games there's generally only two types of speed (3 in fifa i guess with the addition of L2), jog/walk fast and sprint. It's annoying because you can't hold the ball up by really slowly walking, like players do when looking for runners (you can't really do it in PES at all, it's better in fifa holding L2 but still too much like a light jog and not a slow walk). Again on the other end of the spectrum you can run fast but not sprint like Ronaldo appears to be doing in the picture. It'd be great to be able to do that, to contest a loose ball or to try and get into the box when off the ball, and something that would drain energy quickly as a detriment and because well that'd be realistic. Imagine also having the ability to run in really fast on a ball contest for the ball but be fractionally too late and accidentally injure the other player or yourself in the process by overexerting yourself trying to win a ball.

This is why i'd love for either game to atleast try their hand at creating a system whereby how hard you squeeze the trigger button corresponded to how slow or fast your player went. Something like that, i'm sure i've heard the idea of acceleration proposed before. Could have been on the Fifa forums.

It would be nice if hard to put in with either triggers or stick, has to be the ultimate aim though as altering speed is a critical part of the game, you don't just walk, jog, sprint...

Great post rodelero. If anything Mart is about the only buy you don't have to take his word with a bucket of salt. These guys are so wined and dined that they fail to see clearly or at least make objective assessments.

Also if a company gives you preference to play an early build, you better not bite the hand that feeds you.

I don't mind a bit of brown nosing just be honest and realistic...

Sure but you have to spin it in such a manner that you have to please both ends and that is just impossible nowadays.

You should just try and listen to the facts and read between the lines. If 5 people say that, for example the goalkeepers are bad accept that it is and that it could be an issue when the game is released.

It's crazy though to base your decision on what others say a month or two before a games release.

People would just stick them on the wings online and BANG you have the whole cutback problem from PES6.

The most arcade of all the series imo

People would just stick them on the wings online and BANG you have the whole cutback problem from PES6.

The most arcade of all the series imo

only works of the ball. Just make the after pass run (X and after it R2) like this. They start a MEGA sprint >> 125% runspeed. after it they are 50% slower for the next 20secs so you either have to shoot instantly or pass again.

And the L1 + X after pass run is the normal one

Best post I've read here in a while. Good constructive and specific criticism, and I agree 100%.

Add to that AI that makes intelligent attacking runs, and you'd have an amazing game of football. If you ever played PES with a few players on a team, you'd know the feeling. The kinds of runs a human makes off the ball really brought the old games to life.

Last edited:
Interesting reading people's thoughts on how being invited to the community day swayed our opinion. In terms of "wined and dined", we were bought kebabs and a can of Coke, and as far as I know, we all paid our own expenses.

In total honesty, you're probably right that ever time we share an opinion on the game we're subconsciously watching over our shoulders, knowing someone at Konami is looking out for our every thought. But, again in total honesty, it's a far better outfield game than PES 2010 already, and if keepers are fixed in the latest build then it's a better game all-round.

August 4th is going to cheer a lot of people up at least :BOP: :SHHH:

Interesting reading people's thoughts on how being invited to the community day swayed our opinion. In terms of "wined and dined", we were bought kebabs and a can of Coke, and as far as I know, we all paid our own expenses.

In total honesty, you're probably right that ever time we share an opinion on the game we're subconsciously watching over our shoulders, knowing someone at Konami is looking out for our every thought. But, again in total honesty, it's a far better outfield game than PES 2010 already, and if keepers are fixed in the latest build then it's a better game all-round.

True. On the other hand, how about that fact people were invited to a community day this year because.

A. Konami over recent years have started to grasp the idiology and benefits of good PR and fan involvement. Imagine an open day for previous PES titles ? It never would have happened.

B. Konami actually have something pretty special that they want as many people as they can to witness first hand. Shouting from the roof-tops is the phrase that springs to mind here.

Both are very positive indications that there are good times ahead for the PES community. Negativity is one thing, and the old Cry Wolf scenario is another. But lets be realistic and look at the bigger picture here, it really doesnt take a Rocket Scientist to deduce Konami are looking to raise the benchmark with PES 2011, like it or not.

Ιf i worked to KONAMI the first thing i would change is the defenders behavior and moves.

Look the video. somewhere show's Argentina. The last defender opposite from ball, run's front, back, right, left..it is not good..

The defenders must stand near the attackers..Αnd run or move when the attacker run or move too..especially if they are far away from ball they must stand..

Hey, that's my favourite meal :JAY:

Thanks for posting in here Trowel mate. Valuable post there.

Tbh, it's pretty obvious this year is different to past ones because most reviews were similar in one thing; that PES is finally back, or finally a next-gen PES.

Anything hints you can drop? We won't tell, promise :JAY:

Ιf i worked to KONAMI the first thing i would change is the defenders behavior and moves.

Look the video. somewhere show's Argentina. The last defender opposite from ball, run's front, back, right, left..it is not good..

The defenders must stand near the attackers..Αnd run or move when the attacker run or move too..especially if they are far away from ball they must stand..

One of the previews on here spoke of the improvements in defensive play and positioning.

Joeryan, watch the Ivory Coast vs Germany counter attack. Not only the two German defenders are standing in a line (when one defender should be covering the other one's back), they are also 15 metres deep into their own half, when they should be in the midfield line.

Also, in the Italy vs Portuga, if you've got your 4 defenders vs 2 attackers, one of the SB and a CB should be marking the attackers. I don't care if it's on amateur, such things often happen in the highest difficulty. Watch the defensive line: they are all running backwards. That's because they are giving away 30 metres between them and the goal. That's how BAD amateur teams defend (advancing their last 4 without pressure from midfield, resulting in their defenders having to run towards their goal along with the attackers).

Should I continue?

Ivory Coast vs Germany. Watch the Ivory Coast guy running to aid Drogba. Now, watch the German player who's marking him, and explain me if he's glued to the ground or something.

Argentina vs Ghana. The player marking Mascherano puts pressure no him when he's OFF the ball, and releases the pressure when Masche gets the ball.

Well, that specific comment was made with the knowledge that at least the FIFA Vancouver playtests were to a large extent expenses paid. I have no idea what the various Konami things were in this regard.

Oh yes, I don't think many would doubt that - and FIFA 10 was a better game than FIFA 09, to be fair to it too - but it has taught me to be very wary of getting particularly excited. There are also a lot of things you just genuinely won't find out within a few hours, stuff like the 'cheap' goals which thwart both games which can totally ruin the game. There are all sorts of subconscious factors which are going to effect the impressions got in these playtests. In any case, the proofs will be in the respective puddings.

:)

Back
Top Bottom