PES 2011 Discussion thread

Jeez Romagnoli reading the last few pages you coming across as a higher class troll man. Calm down.... if the tricks are possible with every player then so be it. As long as the success rate is still dependent on the individual and the game situation then I'm okay with it.
I just can't understand why Konami would do this in a game intended to bring the hardcore players back.

Grow a set. I'm asking questions about an aspect of PES 2011 that concerns me.

I don't even get why Rainbow flicks are in any football game :SS I know only 2 players that have performed them in a match and that's Pato and Robinho and both were done in Brazil were the defence was just pure crap.

Marvin Ronsdorf of Prorevo's review #2, in German and translated:

Prorevo PES2011 plays in London [Review] # 2

Published: 24 July 2010
Created in: PES2011

slideshow_pes2011_playtest2.jpg

by Marvin Ronsdorf (mrbasket) from London

It has finally worked. Play a good five hours of intense PES2011 are behind me and I got a first, a very good overview of what we will expect in October. As I summarize here my notes and try to give you a good overview as possible and to collect my impressions, it tingles still belong in the fingers.

Pro Evolution Soccer 2011 is the game that we wait for PES fans for some years. Since the jump to next-gen in my opinion there was not really impressive version more and gaped after PES6 for me personally a big gap in the series.

In this PES6 footsteps now enters the new part, and I can sum up: The game is not perfect. But it is incredibly well and you will love it.

I could you even as your comment to a PES-column edge change or via Twitter aspects on their way to which I should pay special. I did that and so I will now describe in the following part my impressions on each sub.

First of a few conditions: the version I've played, is much more recent than the code that was presented at E3. Nevertheless, it will be up in about four weeks to gamescom once a much more developed version. 19 teams were playable. Including seven national teams (including Germany and the Netherlands), 6 club teams (including Real Madrid and Manchester United) and six clubs in the Copa Libertadores. It is unfortunately not possible for me to show you videos. We were asked to make any video or screenshots targeted because the version is simply a presentation for the trade press and in a few places still just hooks. This is normal practice for games, which are still under development and no later than the gamescom, there's a wealth of video material.

We have played on the Playstation 3

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Part # 2 (yesterday there were already part # 1)

10) Graphics

The graphics are stunning on the Playstation 3. We played to distinguish such a huge HD screen and set up as the national anthem, the players have had to do it in the quality of the textures and player faces no more of a TV broadcast. PES2010 was really good, but PES2011 puts a shovel in some places again on top.

11) K.I.

Most games I have played against other colleagues in the PES-scene because it was just exciting. But also against the K.I. I've played some games and it has a course to the other 10 players in one game does not control other, positive. Overall, I find the K.I. in order. The computer thinks proper part in attacks. Impressed but not by sensational run good routes. After all, it is widely criticized "running on rails disappeared. The walking paths are individual, but not quite round. Too often, one must embark on a 1vs1 or stopping, because no scan options are available. In particular, the double pass is the player who has played the first pass are simple. It still needs something to work. The attacks of the K.I. in single-mode are neat and varied than in the past.

12) Atmosphere & cutscenes

Somehow I was not particularly impressed with the atmosphere. She was solid and not disruptive. I probably hidden details, because I simply concentrated on the gameplay. There were no significant crowd chants as the monotonous "Liverpool, Liverpool" from PES2010. I can not tell from other songs. This may be because many chants were still not integrated.

In the scenes of celebration there were indeed new animations but by and large it remains the same. Since my opinion was not really something to be changed to it.

A real highlight is the national anthem to start an international match. This makes a great mood for the upcoming match.

13) Ball Physics

The ball physics are very realistic in passports. Since there is absolutely nothing wrong with it and so, as it should be. If shots it works for me something funny. It seems as if the balls would fly a little slow motion. It is only a tiny difference. On a good and realistic flight path changes nothing, but in the overall package something bothers me the way how the ball flies. It does not quite clean.

14) Response

The delay from crass PES2010 has disappeared. The players will respond much faster to the actions. You run the commands directly. Nevertheless, one has the feeling that the game itself has lost its slowness is not everything. Many animations are exported only to end up as Dribbling is initiated or a cross comes.

15) Different game speeds

In the test, there was only one speed on the game we played. This was the level "0". Therefore, I can say at this point nothing about the different game speeds.

16) Levels

There was only one default difficulty. This was the middle level "Advanced". Especially in the first game of PES2011 what a challenge. If you get used to PES2011, "Advanced likely be" only for the least of a challenge.

17) Liquid Game

Unfortunately, the game hides still on at free kicks and interjections. After that the players continue to beam through the area and change their positions. This was unfortunately not last. It is in part not as extreme as in 2010, but still disturbing and one hopes that it would continue on with interjections like a quickly taken free kick. This is a shame.

18) Winner of headers

This is the trend is more towards FIFA. Not quite as pronounced and dynamic but ordinary header duels are guaranteed. As mentioned in the flanks, one has to establish itself before climbing up to the header the best possible starting position by the ball is good. This is the outcome of the subsequent duel in the air decisive.

19) Swallows

Furthermore, in the game. The referee comes but rarely into it. It must be timed quite precisely to make it work. I could not cope. A colleague was able to but now and then flayed a free-kick. With practice, the chances are about 50:50, when one uses it in the correct combat situations.

20) Free kicks

To kick-system, I can not say as much as I did not get as many free kicks. But it seems to have become a little easier to take a free kick too. The least the general tenor in our lap. In this version you could not move the wall, nor dazustellen player. This simple free-kick hit a two-man version was possible. Jon has assured us, however, that this bug is fixed and it also give more benefits to the defending team is.

21) Penalty

In the trial, it was still the old penalty system. But Jon has been announced for the final version of an improved system where more emphasis should be placed on precise targets.

22) Camera

The new standard camera fits perfectly into the game. This looks like a real TV broadcast, then it has the policy goal is already achieved.

23) Weather

In the version that we were allowed to play was more beautiful sunshine. In addition, Jon has announced that there will be no dynamic weather. By "dynamic" is a change of weather is called during the game (eg onset of snow in winter). That would be too much effort for the entire engine and once the focus is placed on the gameplay. These features may be incorporated in later parts again.

24) Network Physics

Loose networks like in PES2010. Since nothing has changed. One like it, not the other, the third it does not matter. Are certainly more important points.

25) Miscellaneous

Finally, very briefly in brief, some more issues:

- Players no longer a freeze on free kicks in the wall. This means that they are at a pass in the attacking team to control more quickly and you do not have to wait for the call.

- Under the clearer scoreboard during the game there are always little statistics: eg Foul on free kicks as the statistics of date, or were fired at goal kicks which team how many shots at the respective box.

- The throw-in behavior is divided. On the one hand, the thrower is too long to be out of bounds, so the ball will be accepted only with a direct back pass out of bounds, on the other great passes in the course are now open.

- In the replay mode, there are many many scenes a motion blur effect, which is intended to express dynamics. The whole thing is a matter of taste.

Such actions as the trip to London are very expensive and we have eg extra for the trip and the upcoming gamescom us a suitable electronic equipment with HD-Cam and many other small things grew. We would appreciate genuine when it helps us to fund this project. Thank you!

Source

Somehow I missed this post.

GREAT! :D

That's one down. Hopeful on refs now.

This is how he reported it to be more precise (he has the code with him, arrived today):

e19pj8.jpg

:LOL: Reports are, they are "more than just fixed". Let's hope we can see it ourselves soon.

Other Tweets:

I want to talk about this game, but embargo guys. Safe to say one thing, Aug 4th will only be an explosion of positivity. *wipes tears away*

fcu2v5.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks anderson. Any chance for info on refs?

Was wondering that, was hoping he could report on the rest of the niggles (since he'll be doing Konami a favor with that heh) but he probably can't say much more now because of the embargo. Tweeted him anyway, waiting for an answer.

Two weeks only until August 4th anyway :)

Great news, I'm eager to see the keepers in action and if the referees are being fixed, then we will get one solid game.

I am not gonna believe again what wenb promises.Gonna wait for the final!

The last previews sounds good to me but some things which i dont like:

1. Nevertheless, one has the feeling that the game itself has lost its slowness is not everything. Many animations are exported only to end up as Dribbling is initiated or a cross comes.

2. Too often, one must embark on a 1vs1 or stopping, because no scan options are available. In particular, the double pass is the player who has played the first pass are simple. It still needs something to work. The attacks of the K.I. in single-mode are neat and varied than in the past.

3. Goalkeepers are currently worse (way worse) than in PES2010

4. It seems as if the balls would fly a little slow motion. It is only a tiny difference. On a good and realistic flight path changes nothing, but in the overall package something bothers me the way how the ball flies. It does not quite clean.

5. Refree:

The advantage rule is applied only in part. It's not that it really lacks, but once the ball gets into the open space and our own players to the ball does not directly bring under control, the advantage whistle blows. This unfortunately happens very often, so the advantage rule is rarely useful.

The refs do let a lot more go than in PES 2010 at least - we found ourselves stopping a few times expecting a foul to have been called, only to realise the game was still going on. But the balance isn't right as it stands, and I saw a couple of reds for challenges which might not have even warranted a yellow.

I am not gonna believe again what wenb promises.Gonna wait for the final!

Every year they say the same. The king is back...

I hope this year they say the true...And the others...

Because with FIFA11 PC next-gen, bye bye KONAMI and PES...

Every year they say the same. The king is back...

I hope this year they say the true...And the others...

Because with FIFA11 PC next-gen, bye bye KONAMI and PES...

You made up your mind already so I fail to see why you're hoping for anything.

We can't be 100% sure about the keepers being finally fixed until we play the game, but since Adam was really impressed by EA's keepers and now he is like :SHOCK: ... well the chances are good.
The real surprise is the edit mode, i just can't stop thinking what is it like and how far did Konami go this time!:ROCK:

We can't be 100% sure about the keepers being finally fixed until we play the game, but since Adam was really impressed by EA's keepers and now he is like :SHOCK: ... well the chances are good.
The real surprise is the edit mode, i just can't stop thinking what is it like and how far did Konami go this time!:ROCK:

Apparently the KAiWAi guy who also has the code with him reported the same, keepers are good.

Sounds brilliant. All that needs to be fixed is the referees and the penalty system now. I cant wait to hear about the edit mode as well.

Apparently the KAiWAi guy who also has the code with him reported the same, keepers are good.

Well dude, you've no idea how I'm feelin right now. If you remember, I've been crying over goalies for what 1 whole year over the boards, I've been posting a lot in the feedback section and if the keepers are finally fixed, then Konami will have a solid ground on which they can start building on! I just can't wait to see the keepers in action.

Ref is very important, a broken ref (pes 2010) ruins the game. It's not about being strict or not, it's actually about getting the game to recognize a foul. PES 5 had great refs so I have no idea how they could mess it up, you'd think they could use the same game logic.

Back
Top Bottom