PES 2011 Discussion thread

Wow... I did not feel this anticipation from a long time ago here. Two long months for a demo... hopefully before but I dont think so...

Ref is very important, a broken ref (pes 2010) ruins the game. It's not about being strict or not, it's actually about getting the game to recognize a foul. PES 5 had great refs so I have no idea how they could mess it up, you'd think they could use the same game logic.

I remember WE7I where a tackle from the side awarded you a red card. Those were the times....
A lot of people slide and slide these days... I prefer an strict referee but of course the game needs to difference between a clean challenge and a foul. We only can hope...

Last edited:
Great to hear there will be national anthems before the match for internationals.

Latest from Adam:

I have been playing since 11ish, guys my fingers are hurting
icon_e_sad.gif

Conversation with Konami guys yesterday, and while they know I can't keep my mouth shut, they have told me to respect the embargo, as other press members getting annoyed that they have to stay quiet but I don't have to. So for the good of relations, I must stick to the embargo date of August 4th.

I have already said a lot if I'm honest. This game is incredible. I want to state the keepers are fixed to such a degree, that individuality is back in the men behind the sticks. Casillas, I hate you so much! Will explain why in August.

I'll be honest and say I see niggles, but I'm well and truly blown away by so much more around the game that they are insignificant. Will detail all after embargo.

Above all, the game is so enjoyable, while 100% making you relearn almost everything. So much so that the more you play, the more you understand it. First hour I was like "WTF", but once it all clicked, was so happy!

Now all I need to see is the latest code of FIFA 11 to judge how well this game will do, in terms of it getting that critical acclaim to bring the fans back. Best PES game ever? So, so close.

Yep there are, like I said niggles, that certainly can be fixed before release. I'm not talking huge changes, just little tweaks and different ideas. Again, I'll detail all in August.

He's also confirmed via hinting that players will wear those long sleeve undershirts like this:

patrice_evra_764488a.jpg

:APPLAUD: I love these little touches. It's so atmospheric in EA's World Cup/Euro Championship games.

In the version that we were allowed to play was more beautiful sunshine. In addition, Jon has announced that there will be no dynamic weather. By "dynamic" is a change of weather is called during the game (eg onset of snow in winter). That would be too much effort for the entire engine and once the focus is placed on the gameplay. These features may be incorporated in later parts again.

I really hope so!!

Grow a set. I'm asking questions about an aspect of PES 2011 that concerns me.

Apologies I was being a retard.

On topic:
I wonder what the big deal with the edit mode is, could be stadiums or edit slots for leagues and teams.

I'm happy the keepers are fixed, now the refs, the advantage rule and pk view and I'll be content until I get to try this baby out myself.

Anthems and kit styles including neck warmers, veron style socks and other little details are what makes a product quality so it will be great if they address these.

Last edited:
Apologies I was being a retard.

On topic:
I wonder what the big deal with the edit mode is, could be stadiums or edit slots for leagues and teams.

I'm happy the keepers are fixed, now the refs, the advantage rule and pk view and I'll be content until I get to try this baby out myself.

Anthems and kit styles including neck warmers, veron style socks and other little details are what makes a product quality so it will be great if they address these.

Tweeted Adam with a picture of Veron, so we'll see. No word back yet. I'd be shocked if they put them in, because if I'm not wrong, wasn't this something to do with licensing? As in, the rules of football on keeping your socks up and shin pads covered?

Please Adam, don't bullshit us.Maybe this year we'll have 2 very good football games (it should have happened a couple of years ago).Fingers crossed so much I have cramps

Please Adam, don't bullshit us.Maybe this year we'll have 2 very good football games (it should have happened a couple of years ago).Fingers crossed so much I have cramps

PES is the one what is the other?....Just kidding. There is just no way that so many people can lie. As far as this latest build goes I just don't know what to believe from that bunch.

Last edited:
FIFA 10 (and PES 2010) is/are a very, very good example of how many people can 'lie' or just honestly be wrong about things. It's an unfortunate truth but these people play these games in situations which are always going to grant flattering impressions.

Naa its pretty obvious the game is back to (at minimum) good heights and if Konami are looking to put extra work in it can still be great game this year or if not next year.

I'm not saying it's a 'conspiracy'... it's just a fact of psychology. If you are given the privilege (which as a PES/FIFA fan would be a pretty big thing) to play a game early and especially if that occurs in favourable situations (ie, expenses paid trip to play it), then it will effect the way you percieve the game.

This is why a lot of credible game reviewers have things in their ethics policies to make sure that their 'review' isn't conducted in a paid-5 star hotel suite - which believe it or not, a lot are. Modern Warfare 2 is a spectacular example of this kind of thing. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/01/what-we-and-activision-learned-from-modern-warfare-2.ars. See 'You can shove the gaming press around'. If you really read up on this sort of stuff your skin would crawl at just how bought the gaming press is.

I mean, and I don't want to be too off topic here, look at this quote from IGN regarding FIFA:

"We hate FIFA's dev team; every year we write about how they've perfected virtual football, how each new iteration of the series is the best yet, and then every year they go and trump themselves spectacularly, leaving us looking rather stupid in the process."

If I was to paint a picture of what this sentence looks like if translated into a human-2-human interaction, it would be too explicit to post - and it says everything about how EA/IGN's relationship is.

And whilst the small-time press like FSB/WENB, and the just general community members who go to see these games are unlikely to be part of any conspiracy (stranger things have happened in the gaming world frankly), that doesn't mean they aren't going to be effected by the various circumstances. Just remember that EA and Konami would NOT have these community events and feedback days et cetera if they were going to lose sales because of it, and that will guide you to remember how unlikely it is that you'll get strong negative impressions from anyone who is going to be given that privilege year in year out.

Skepticism and cautious optimism are the keys to a healthy football gaming diet. PES is sounding good, it really is, but so did FIFA 10. FIFA 10 has utterly warped how excited I can get about a game frankly, so burned was I. I can't wait til I finally get to play either of these games frankly - this is the first PES in a while which I'm actually somewhat confident about. It's been a long time.

Last edited:

2 very good football games?

Are you suggesting that Pure Futbol is a good game per chance?

:PIRATE:

I'm not saying it's a 'conspiracy'... it's just a fact of psychology. If you are given the privilege (which as a PES/FIFA fan would be a pretty big thing) to play a game early and especially if that occurs in favourable situations (ie, expenses paid trip to play it), then it will effect the way you percieve the game.

This is why a lot of credible game reviewers have things in their ethics policies to make sure that their 'review' isn't conducted in a paid-5 star hotel suite - which believe it or not, a lot are. Modern Warfare 2 is a spectacular example of this kind of thing. http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2010/01/what-we-and-activision-learned-from-modern-warfare-2.ars. See 'You can shove the gaming press around'. If you really read up on this sort of stuff your skin would crawl at just how bought the gaming press is.

I mean, and I don't want to be too off topic here, look at this quote from IGN regarding FIFA:

"We hate FIFA's dev team; every year we write about how they've perfected virtual football, how each new iteration of the series is the best yet, and then every year they go and trump themselves spectacularly, leaving us looking rather stupid in the process."

If I was to paint a picture of what this sentence looks like if translated into a human-2-human interaction, it would be too explicit to post - and it says everything about how EA/IGN's relationship is.

And whilst the small-time press like FSB/WENB, and the just general community members who go to see these games are unlikely to be part of any conspiracy (stranger things have happened in the gaming world frankly), that doesn't mean they aren't going to be effected by the various circumstances. Just remember that EA and Konami would NOT have these community events and feedback days et cetera if they were going to lose sales because of it, and that will guide you to remember how unlikely it is that you'll get strong negative impressions from anyone who is going to be given that privilege year in year out.

Skepticism and cautious optimism are the keys to a healthy football gaming diet. PES is sounding good, it really is, but so did FIFA 10. FIFA 10 has utterly warped how excited I can get about a game frankly, so burned was I. I can't wait til I finally get to play either of these games frankly - this is the first PES in a while which I'm actually somewhat confident about. It's been a long time.

I trust Mart :SMUG:

Kouroux, I thought you being French and all would be easier to get trusted info from both KaiWai and ThomasGoal off WeArePes?

All the previews have been positive. No one is bullshitting you.

I'm a naturally very skeptical person oh and I haven't forgotten what happened these last 2 years with PES.There were as many positive reviews and at the end of the day we know what happened.The games didn't warrant the hype

2 very good football games?

Are you suggesting that Pure Futbol is a good game per chance?

:PIRATE:

PES is the one what is the other?....Just kidding. There is just no way that so many people can lie. As far as this latest build goes I just don't know what to believe from that bunch.

hehe I'm pretty sure you know what I'm talking about.I just didn't wanna mention its names.Like I said I'm a very pessimistic person cause at the end of the day I'm always afraid to be disappointed

Lami said:
Kouroux, I thought you being French and all would be easier to get trusted info from both KaiWai and ThomasGoal off WeArePes?

I have to be honest, I didn't read their reviews but trust isn't related to nationality for me :P.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a naturally very skeptical person oh and I haven't forgotten what happened these last 2 years with PES.There were as many positive reviews and at the end of the day we know what happened.The games didn't warrant the hype

damn, an Italian preview even talked about revolution referred to Pes 2011
so it should be much better than pes 2010
last year previews at this point were only cautious to not destroy the game at preview stage, but there was nothing to be excited about

damn, an Italian preview even talked about revolution referred to Pes 2011
so it should be much better than pes 2010
last year previews at this point were only cautious to not destroy the game at preview stage, but there was nothing to be excited about

We'll see.Hopefully I'll be laughing at my negativity and cautiousness

It's better to be cautious than hyped, if you're hyped your expectations can only be met, but if you're cautious they can be exceeded.

That being said, the only major issue for me with PES2010 was the responsiveness and that seems to have been fixed, so I'm leaning towards hyped :P

Back
Top Bottom