PES 2011 Discussion thread

I have just answered that, if YOU are attempting to do tricks yourself then the game is simply allowing you to do it, if you get away with it then brilliant.

If the AI does this then it is not realistic, no playtests so far have said defenders are trying tricks.

The A.I. rarely does tricks. I've seen the attackers doing some on PES 2010, but nope, no defenders.

Jesus likes PES 2011!

37646_411701391757_10202446757_4981423_900273_n.jpg

:LOL: This is from WeArePes, someone has the game with them to play all weekend!

he is chigrinskyi !!!

Being able to do certain tricks with everyone, and the possibility that they may not be stat based... This is the kind of thing Fifa would do a few years ago, not caring about individuality.

And what I was saying that pretty much everyone in the game SHOULD be able to do most of the tricks, if they all could do the Ronaldinho flip-flap then ok we have an issue.

Remember in the older games anyone could do step overs and fake-shots/passes, some better than others though.

That's not how it works.

Are you being annoying on purpose? Or do I have to beg you? "Can you please tell me why, kind sir?"

It's not like it isn't likely it will remain the same, AI rarely does tricks on previous games, and only high skilled players on the attack do them. Why would that change? After all the core of the game is the same, we got enough proof of that.

Last edited:
Are you being annoying on purpose? Or do I have to beg you? "Can you please tell me why, kind sir?"

It's not like it isn't likely it will remain the same, AI rarely does tricks on previous games, and only high skilled players on the attack do them. Why would that change? After all the core of the game is the same, we got enough proof of that.

Anderson you know better than that. In pro evo 09 for an example you could do a fake shot, and in pes 2010 you dont. Its not an implicit thing, and the way Konami as been last years nothing is for sure every year.

If now Vidic can make rainbows like Ronaldo, maybe you could see center backs do flik flaks in a game ( i dont believe Konami let this happen tough, butt who knows.. hehe). Just when we play demo we can take our conclusions.

Anderson you know better than that. In pro evo 09 for an example you could do a fake shot, and in pes 2010 you dont. Its not an implicit thing, and the way Konami as been last years nothing is for sure every year.

If now Vidic can make rainbows like Ronaldo, maybe you could see center backs do flik flaks in a game ( i dont believe Konami let this happen tough, butt who knows.. hehe). Just when we play demo we can take our conclusions.

This is the "core" of the game we're talking about. The "it's Konami, they change stuff because they want to" argument doesn't fit here. You both know better than that too. He only saw a defender doing a rainbow flick because an human opponent did it.

Vidic couldn't peform every trick available before but can now - did Konami say they were going to do that? If they did then that bit of news wouldn't have been a surprise.

Vidic couldn't peform every trick available before but can now - did Konami say they were going to do that? If they did then that bit of news wouldn't have been a surprise.

That's because they added tricks and did a sloppy job when assigning which ones everyone should do. And no one said he could do every trick available, I very much doubt that. He can do the rainbow flick in the same way everyone could do roulettes, or step-overs, or fake shots...

But what do I know. That's probably not how it works anyway. Edit: (I'm being serious and sarcastic at the same time. I really don't know, I'm supposing. It just doesn't make sense that they would change something such deep into the core and that's completely right. I can almost understand why they decided everyone can do rainbow flicks and other stuff, and that tricks are now easy to pull off. There would be absolutely nothing that would explain them changing how A.I. things in this particular matter.)

Last edited:
I'm going to put it out there. I reckon if Vidic was standing in his back garden he could probably do a rainbow flick.

Do i think it'll help you at all by being able to do it in the game 'in tons of space'? No. Infact i reckon it'd result in him getting tackled pretty easily somehow.

Nobody has complained about tricks being gamebreaking as of yet so why all the panic?

I'm going to put it out there. I reckon if Vidic was standing in his back garden he could probably do a rainbow flick.

Do i think it'll help you at all by being able to do it in the game 'in tons of space'? No. Infact i reckon it'd result in him getting tackled pretty easily somehow.

That's what I was thinking when someone said they could do rainbow flicks and they were not professional footballers.

I'd bet we (as a player, in the game) wouldn't get enough room to perform it against an "attack minded" human player even with open space. Maybe against the A.I. , even in Top Player, there's always a little room in the back. But Vidic would never perform a rainbow flick in a real life match, not even in a friendly, so he shouldn't be allowed to do so in the game. It's a question of "personality". Without the "+".

It's not as if changing the game so that trickier players do more tricks than they used to is unfeasible. The main point of the standoff defensive manoeuvre is to avoid being beaten by the attacker, particularly for the tricks system that they've completely redone. I don't refute that Vidic won't be doing rainbow flicks under CPU control - my beef was with the first sentence in that post in particular being based on a game with a completely overhauled trick system. It wouldn't make sense if they put so much effort and emphasis on their new trick system and anti-trick defensive system but didn't increase the rate at which the AI performed tricks from 'rarely' to 'occasionally'.

As for it not becoming a problem, we'll have to see what happens when the less conscientious players pick up a copy. I doubt it'll be gamebreaking though.

Last edited:
It's not as if changing the game so that trickier players do more tricks than they used to is unfeasible. The main point of the standoff defensive manoeuvre is to avoid being beaten by the attacker, particularly for the tricks system that they've completely redone. I don't refute that Vidic won't be doing rainbow flicks under CPU control - my beef was with the first sentence in that post in particular. It wouldn't make sense if they put so much effort and emphasis on their new trick system and anti-trick defensive system but didn't increase the rate at which the AI performed tricks from 'rarely' to 'occasionally'.

Oh but that I can understand and agree with. Yes, absolutely, A.I should do it more often. Just not less skilled players, and not player that usually don't do tricks.

Also, honest question, does Fifa A.I. still doesn't do any skill move or feint? I remember this being true, not sure if it's still the case in recent releases.

I actually don't care, but in fact PES 2010 was the first game I ever noticed the A.I. doing tricks. I don't think it happened in previous games, both PES and FIFA.

FIFA 11 has CPU tricks, yes. EA have a system where they can record specific behaviours for particular players too, e.g. Ronaldo would do the chop or stepovers more often.

Did the CPU not do the elastico or stepovers in any of the PS2 PES's? It's been too long since I've played them and I might be mixing online up with offline.

FIFA 11 has CPU tricks, yes. EA have a system where they can record specific behaviours for particular players too, e.g. Ronaldo would do the chop or stepovers more often.

Did the CPU not do the elastico or stepovers in any of the PS2 PES's? It's been too long since I've played them and I might be mixing online up with offline.

Sounds good :)

If they did (or do) honestly don't remember, and I still play PES 5 some times and I either don't notice it (like I didn't noticed the slow down of a player after a through ball that apparently always existed in PES) or they just don't do it. I honestly think PES 2010 was the first time I have seen it happening.

Jeez Romagnoli reading the last few pages you coming across as a higher class troll man. Calm down.... if the tricks are possible with every player then so be it. As long as the success rate is still dependent on the individual and the game situation then I'm okay with it.
I just can't understand why Konami would do this in a game intended to bring the hardcore players back.

Another worrying aspect is the advantage rule, this used to be perfect in PES6 as soon as the a player was fouled the little icon appeared and you could pretty much decide what you wanted to do. Since losing the icon it appears less apparent and in some cases broken. I'm not ashamed to say that I have been playing counter attacking football online, not helped by facing Barcelona online evry other game has forced me to adapt to this style.
I find that a player fouls me and even when I recover the ball the damn ref blows his whistle even when I'm in 3 on 2 situations and if I'm not mistaken it's mentioned in the Eurogamer impression....fix it konami!

Anderson is right for me. The CPI AI wont have defenders performing tricks, no chance, unless it's the likes of Ramos and Alves. This has always been triggered by the Dribbling Stat and the more recently the Player Cards. These defenders wont have the 'natural' skills to do this. I'll bet my house on it. What irks me is that individuality is lost somewhat by making these more complex skill moves available to everyone manually. Thats not realistic no matter which way you look at it.

I agree Vidic probably could perform a Rainbow Flick in his garden, probably all professionals could, it's not a hard technique to master. Should they even have the option to be able to attempt one in a realistic football simulation ? Not in my book.

I was just catching it up and what EA were doing and I must say, this line from Rob had me laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair. I wasnt going to be bellend and reply within the thread as its' none of my business, but I have to give credit where credit is due. And it's not about Fifa, it's the analogy that made me scream with laugher.

It makes me laugh how the two main features i've heard about (Personality+ and Pro Passing) are, when not coated in their fancy name, just player individuality and innaccuracy in the assists - fundamental basics of any good football game that should have been in the FIFA series from the very beginning... It's not really an achievement them implementing this, it's just that they've fucked up every time in the past. It's like congratulating someone who used to be a fat fuck for losing weight.:LMAO:

im sorry if this had been asked before, i tried to read thoroughly but didnt find anything saying about this.

do the defenders still back away from the attackers when defending? i hate this in pes2010.

the elastico move in old pes ps2 games was locked in to certain players, so only ronaldinho,ronaldo,adriano,ibra and a few others could do them,it think it was less than 20 players in the whole game

Back
Top Bottom