PES 2011 Discussion thread

Odd answer about not being able to upload chants to the 360. It's not a problem 'elsewhere'.

Has anyone read how, for the tricks that even Vidic can do, the game differentiated between different abilities of player? That report up above says tricks were easier for Messi - how does this easier/harder factor actually manifest itself?

At present, some of the more advanced tricks and feints are alot tighter for players with dribbling accuracy above 85. Players with only 80 or just above can still perform the same feints, but the ball doesnt stay as close to their body. Maybe it's something like this. Same feint, less technical, less control.

I'm quite happy with any player being able to attempt tricks as long as the success rate varies according to ability. I'm sure a defender like Vidic can attempt basic tricks in real life given plenty of time and space, but he shouldn't be able to complete them when under pressure. That's what I want to know really - what are the variables that affect the success of a trick?

Is it actually logistically impossible to upload custom chants (if somebody incorporates them into an OF) to an Xbox 360. We have the new upload method and i really don't understand why you can do it on the ps3 but not on the xbox 360.

Think because that option wasn't available on 360 until recently, and Konami missed it or forgot about it.

One guy in fifa topic post this pic
IMAG0098.jpg

Skills: These are more useful than they ever were before; the right analogue stick allows easy access to them. Using a variety of skills to beat a man felt awesome! But this does not mean that just flicking the stick will assure you passage, you have to get the timing right as the opposition can tackle the ball off you. Bad thing I noticed was when I had the ball with Vidic, he did a Ronaldo type rainbow flick, chest the ball then passed it like it was nothing

This is extremely painful to read. Why on earth would they do this ? Oh dear.

Considering I very rarely do tricks this shouldn't be an issue for me. Problem lies in online, if fixed, I'd probably only play people I know.

I understand defending is much better and actually an art now and should easily stop such showboating, still wouldn't want to see people online forgetting about football basics and all they care about is chaining tricks.

Imagine when you'll see a trick-fest online.. -_-'
It looks like it'll be ML and Community for me also this year. People I know, offline, no lag > The best PES experience ever.

Not sure about that. If the defence is tight enough you're supposed to not be able to get away with tricks. Some of the other guys playing said they didn't had much success with it, and in order to try and do tricks they would have to be "away" from the game.

Not sure about that. If the defence is tight enough you're supposed to not be able to get away with tricks. Some of the other guys playing said they didn't had much success with it, and in order to try and do tricks they would have to be "away" from the game.

That's good to hear. Wouldn't mind that.

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/misc.php?do=getsmilies&editorid=vB_Editor_001

As for the tricks - it almost sounds like they've run into an even worse form of the problem in FIFA. Surely that won't be the case at release, otherwise what will the world have become!?

Problem is, tricks in Fifa are made to be successful no matter what (especially playing against the A.I.). If you can perform them, they are successful. Seabass said they were looking quite for the opposite. They are easy to perform, and everyone can do it, but success rate will depend on the stats and on the opposite defense.

Problem is, tricks in Fifa are made to be successful no matter what (especially playing against the A.I.). If you can perform them, they are successful. Seabass said they were looking quite for the opposite. They are easy to perform, and everyone can do it, but success rate will depend on the stats and on the opposite defense.

I hope Konami are still looking at the tricks and it's not an aspect that they consider finished. It really would be a realism-killer if all players can perform all tricks.

Someone on twitter needs to ask Murphy about this.:CONFUSE:

Ok, clarification, the guy there isn't KAiWAi (although he is indeed testing the game all weekend), just some guy from Gameblog (this is taken from their Facebook). Messed all that up. Thanks ThomasGOAL.

What happened with Thomasgoal here? He was a great source of info for the next PES/WE and he does not post anymore...

What happened with Thomasgoal here? He was a great source of info for the next PES/WE and he does not post anymore...

He still posts in the other gaming and football sections but gave up on the PES section a couple of years ago because of the cynicism and negativity shown towards him when he posted hints and news. It's a shame.

Back
Top Bottom