PES 2011 Discussion thread

Problem is, tricks in Fifa are made to be successful no matter what (especially playing against the A.I.). If you can perform them, they are successful. Seabass said they were looking quite for the opposite. They are easy to perform, and everyone can do it, but success rate will depend on the stats and on the opposite defense.

That's not at all true though. It's one of those things that people who don't play FIFA want to believe, like Seabass' baffling comment about tricks in FIFA just being about showboating and not actually being useful (which in itself contradicts what you just said). The stand-off option that PES is putting in this year has been in FIFA for ages. I make trick whores look silly on a regular basis.

Just saying cos it was mentioned.

He still posts in the other gaming and football sections but gave up on the PES section a couple of years ago because of the cynicism and negativity shown towards him when he posted hints and news. It's a shame.

It's really a shame

Thomasgoal, feel free to post here

now there is much more positivity about pes on evo web (or i feel it's this way)

Problem is, tricks in Fifa are made to be successful no matter what (especially playing against the A.I.). If you can perform them, they are successful. Seabass said they were looking quite for the opposite. They are easy to perform, and everyone can do it, but success rate will depend on the stats and on the opposite defense.

Got to agree on Romagnoli on this one, people keep talking, about Fifa´s trick, as they´re always sucessfull, that´s crap. Who actually plays the game knows it´s not that easy.

I love PES to but we gotta see things as they are, and in past, as PES does not have a good trick system everyone keeps saying that PES dont need that, and now that PES have it in a more easy way, its marvellous.

The problem with the trick system is that everyone can do it, Rage in other forum says i made a rainbow with Vidic as if it was nothing, and the greatest problem for me will be the combos, that i´m shore everyone will keep doing online with the likes os messi and ronaldo, and nani, etc etc...

This could be a gamebreaker, all the other things that worries me will be corrected in the newer build. Lets wait till August, and in Gamescom we will take all the doubts, because that build of gamescom, will be pretty close of the gold one, as it was last year.

P. ¿Cuáles fueron los efectos meteorológicos, como, ¿cambiará durante un partido y han readquirido la nieve?
A. PES2011 will not feature dynamic weather conditions and wont feature snow. A. PES 2011 no contará con condiciones dinámicas del tiempo y la nieve suele función. Jon Murphy said they want to get normal game play spot on before they start messing with it to reacted to different weather conditions. Jon Murphy, dijo que quiere conseguir terreno de juego normal de antes de que empiecen a jugar con él reaccionó a las condiciones climáticas diferentes.

queria saber si va a estar la nieve o no

That's not at all true though. It's one of those things that people who don't play FIFA want to believe, like Seabass' baffling comment about tricks in FIFA just being about showboating and not actually being useful (which in itself contradicts what you just said). The stand-off option that PES is putting in this year has been in FIFA for ages. I make trick whores look silly on a regular basis.

If tricks are used for showboating in both games then that doesn't help. It is part of football, and it is a beauty to watch, but I'd prefer to use it only when necessary. As long as we can stop them, then I have no problem. I hope they can be interrupted though, and not be successful every time one is performed having to wait for the animation to end.

Got to agree on Romagnoli on this one, people keep talking, about Fifa´s trick, as they´re always sucessfull, that´s crap. Who actually plays the game knows it´s not that easy.

I love PES to but we gotta see things as they are, and in past, as PES does not have a good trick system everyone keeps saying that PES dont need that, and now that PES have it in a more easy way, its marvellous.

The problem with the trick system is that everyone can do it, Rage in other forum says i made a rainbow with Vidic as if it was nothing, and the greatest problem for me will be the combos, that i´m shore everyone will keep doing online with the likes os messi and ronaldo, and nani, etc etc...

This could be a gamebreaker, all the other things that worries me will be corrected in the newer build. Lets wait till August, and in Gamescom we will take all the doubts, because that build of gamescom, will be pretty close of the gold one, as it was last year.

Most of us are too concerned to consider it "marvelous".

Am I the only one who is very concerned about the reoccuring theme of poor goalkeepers.

Everything else looks to have been sorted apart from a few bugs which in my book is easily corrected in a couple months, however, keepers that do not respond properly may well take more than a few months for the correct code to be written.

Its just a major worry that we are being promised that this will be sorted but time is running out..................could be a real game breaker this:CONFUSE:

If tricks are used for showboating in both games then that doesn't help. It is part of football, and it is a beauty to watch, but I'd prefer to use it only when necessary. As long as we can stop them, then I have no problem. I hope they can be interrupted though, and not be successful every time one is performed having to wait for the animation to end.

Almost everyone who played it, said the tricks will only succeed if they where well timed, and that is more easy with ronaldo or messi.

The thing here is, there will be plenty of guys that will achieve a way to always do it in the right time with that type of players, and the we will see, Combos of tricks a lot, because once you perfet the timming theres no science im press L2+ up, down right or left.

Hope i´m wrong though

Most of us are too concerned to consider it "marvelous".

Yep i know that, maybe i expressed in a wrong way, but you know what i mean. Peole should think the same way they think in past years.

And the ones that think like that, are concerced, like you and me.

Hey do anyone knows if, when its a goalkick we could pass the ball to any place we want?

It's really a shame

Thomasgoal, feel free to post here

now there is much more positivity about pes on evo web (or i feel it's this way)

That's because Lami is doing a great job monitering this thread. This time last year i gave up on it because of all the trolling, flaming etc

Almost everyone who played it, said the tricks will only succeed if they where well timed, and that is more easy with ronaldo or messi.

The thing here is, there will be plenty of guys that will achieve a way to always do it in the right time with that type of players, and the we will see, Combos of tricks a lot, because once you perfet the timming theres no science im press L2+ up, down right or left.

Hope i´m wrong though

I'd rather play WWE then if that's the case.

With Konami trying to win back their 'old' fans this year, I'm doubting it'll be that bad, specially after all that talk about freedom of play, back to sim roots etc.

Didn't he say that Vidic was in plenty of space when he attempted the trick, I think he said he was in affect "out of the game". I'm hoping the likes of Vidic will not be able to attempt tricks when under pressure.

Most people that have played the game so far have said that tricks still require good timing and are not easy, and can be countered with the new defending system, so there is hope for us yet.

You would be right, except I've played Fifa, I've done tricks, I got away with them (although never played online).

You heard anyone here saying they are marvelous? Quite the opposite... Most people are concerned (some really concerned) about this. PES fans DON'T do fancy feints, convince yourself of that. PES always had small tricks and no one ever used them, at least regularly, except maybe step overs and fake shot, so unless it's easily "exploitable" and are really, really "useful" than they won't do them.

I'm worried, that's a fact, especially for multiplayer and online, but as I couldn't care less about tricks and I believe I can easily defend against whoever chooses to do them against me, my care dose is low. But I do agree that the decision to allow every player to do them is ridiculous, especially on a game who praises individuality so much.

From Rage06:

Rage06 said:
shady786 said:
Rage...listen...were you able to beat a defender more than 75% of the time using those easy to pull off tricks?
What's up with the trick system? :?

I'm worried about it being a game-breaker!

Can someone please put me at ease... :? :lol:

Its easy to pull off neat tricks but you have to get the timing right, i personally couldn't beat the defender using tricks. Had to pass it around and look for an opening.

So what I can gather from his quote, is that Vidic had all the space to perform a trick, whereas in tighter areas its down to player skill and perfect timing.

If that's true then sounds good.

Didn't he say that Vidic was in plenty of space when he attempted the trick, I think he said he was in affect "out of the game". I'm hoping the likes of Vidic will not be able to attempt tricks when under pressure.

Most people that have played the game so far have said that tricks still require good timing and are not easy, and can be countered with the new defending system, so there is hope for us yet.

Yes yes Vidic is "out of the game", i just mention that to say that everyone could make rainbows, not to say that the tricks are always effective.

If you read my posts above i mention the timming that is needed. All im sayin is that we will be abble to pull combos, with the most skilled ones if you perfect the timming.

Personally i dont use tricks, because i like a more passing game and shooting from outside the box, to try and make some screamers á lá Premier league.

But you know that people tend to exploit those kind of things, and the thing i criticise most in this system is the easy way of doing the tricks, wich will leed to that.

If they require more, lets say, abillity, then i would see this new system with very good eyes.

But now, im looking forward to see the keeper worked, as well as the runs to trough balls, and the change player system.

So what I can gather from his quote, is that Vidic had all the space to perform a trick, whereas in tighter areas its down to player skill and perfect timing.

What I fear is that stats may not have any influence on tricks. For example, I doubt that a player will ever fail to do a trick by his lack of skill to do it, he'll just do it, although the defense is faster closing him down and not allowing him to go on.

Maybe, and this is a supposition, it's more likely to be succeed on beating a defender with a trick with faster players than slower and less agile players, because they are quicker to perform it and moving afterwards, but on terms of actually doing the trick, I think stats aren't affecting this.

I hope I'm wrong about this...

What I fear is that stats may not have any influence on tricks. For example, I doubt that a player will ever fail to do a trick by his lack of skill to do it, he'll just do it, although the defense is faster closing him down and not allowing him to go on.

Maybe, and this is a supposition, it's more likely to be succeed on beating a defender with a trick with faster players than slower and less agile players, because they are quicker to perform it and moving afterwards, but on terms of actually doing the trick, I think stats aren't affecting this.

I hope I'm wrong about this...

Think I've read in one of the new reviews that skilled players are better at them and keep the ball closer.

Or was that Jimmy's post?

Think the pill is taking effect...

If its like that than it sound very good.

And to say people dont do tricks in PES, its because they are very few and ineffective, like the stepovers, the only one thats really usefull its the fake shot and in PES 2010 is so badly implemented, that no one used it.

Why do people who play PES, when playing FIFA always do tricks? Because they can ann because there is a lot of them to do, and some of them if well timed are very effective to, but not in the way you are saying.

I really hope this system its very well implemented, cause as i said i will not use them, most of the time, but i´m afraid that if its exploitable, everyone will use it against me online, and offline since i mostly play with friends.

If its like that than it sound very good.

And to say people dont do tricks in PES, its because they are very few and ineffective, like the stepovers, the only one thats really usefull its the fake shot and in PES 2010 is so badly implemented, that no one used it.

Why do people who play PES, when playing FIFA always do tricks? Because they can ann because there is a lot of them to do, and some of them if well timed are very effective to, but not in the way you are saying.

I really hope this system its very well implemented, cause as i said i will not use them, most of the time, but i´m afraid that if its exploitable, everyone will use it against me online, and offline since i mostly play with friends.

It goes both ways, tricks were never too useful, and people didn't really needed them. I feel Fifa "asks you" to perform tricks, there are situations where you can't make body feints or pass around, you have to pull of a trick, in sort of a scripted way, whereas in PES, you never needed to use them, but you could use them, although playing against A.I (in the older days) it wasn't really effective, they wouldn't fall for it, but online they used to work (especially fake shot and ball lifting).

It seems to be the case now too, except with a few more, and a bit more useful tricks, with only one problem, they are apparently done without taking stats into consideration on the ability to perform them. Still, considering their effectiveness in the attacking game, i'm betting people will forget about them this year too (which I don't mind at all). But we'll see.

I din't see the problem as long as the AI defence start doing rainbow flicks, the game is what you put into it, if you were attempting for example a rainbow flick with the defender then why shouldn't it happen, stupid you for doing it in a game if you get caught out.

That is unless you are assuming a professional footballer such as Vidic cannot do tricks? I can do the rainbow flick and I am far from professional, the game is what you put into it, "Engineered for Freedom" is the tagline, there you have it.

I din't see the problem as long as the AI defence start doing rainbow flicks, the game is what you put into it, if you were attempting for example a rainbow flick with the defender then why shouldn't it happen, stupid you for doing it in a game if you get caught out.

That is unless you are assuming a professional footballer such as Vidic cannot do tricks? I can do the rainbow flick and I am far from professional, the game is what you put into it, "Engineered for Freedom" is the tagline, there you have it.

Question is, is Vidic, as a professional football, in field, in-game, attempt a rainbow flick? Because this applies to everyone in the field, midfielders, attackers, some of them just don't use tricks. And PES used to praise it's individuality.

You would be right, except I've played Fifa, I've done tricks, I got away with them (although never played online).

I've played FIFA, I've done tricks, I've not got away with them. I've got away with them too. That's football.

My point is that too much is made by people who don't really play FIFA of it's failings in certain areas, when there have been other areas that those who play more often consider to be worse. The same is true of PES, undeniably. Them's the breaks.

Loving the menus - Gawd bless the XMB! PES's layouts and innovation with the interfaces has been brilliant these past two years. I just want extensive GP footage now.

Ok, clarification, the guy there isn't KAiWAi (although he is indeed testing the game all weekend), just some guy from Gameblog (this is taken from their Facebook). Messed all that up. Thanks ThomasGOAL.

That's MisterP from gameblog.fr to be precise :).

Question is, is Vidic, as a professional football, in field, in-game, attempt a rainbow flick? Because this applies to everyone in the field, midfielders, attackers, some of them just don't use tricks. And PES used to praise it's individuality.

I have just answered that, if YOU are attempting to do tricks yourself then the game is simply allowing you to do it, if you get away with it then brilliant.

If the AI does this then it is not realistic, no playtests so far have said defenders are trying tricks.

I have just answered that, if YOU are attempting to do tricks yourself then the game is simply allowing you to do it, if you get away with it then brilliant.

If the AI does this then it is not realistic, no playtests so far have said defenders are trying tricks.

....which is the most important thing. I don't want my defence ruined by a devastating Titus Bramble flip-flap-->marseilles roulette-->rainbow flick - combo. If the AI uses the tricks realistically then there's no problem for me. It's online where there could be a problem, but then again the playtesters have said the tricks are far from easy.

Back
Top Bottom