PES 2011 Discussion thread

looking forward to the community day feedback, but I am confident this year we will have a complete package for the first time since PES5.

Media feedback is excellent and i am sure we will (once again) have to battle through the steep learning curve that we lambast but love all at te same time.

PES has always had a more purist approach to the game in its own wonderful style, it just lost its way in 07,08 & 09 with very average gameplay an awful online. The step in graphics in 10 was fantastic and thhe animations were just starting to shine thhrough.

To hear the positivity around ball physics,animations, graphics et al, tells me that this may well be the best footy game you have ever played. FIFA looks wonderful, but has never given me that moment of excitement thhat PES of old (& 10) has managed to produce. I remember goals I scored on PES 5 but I cannot remember anything from the other game except superb graphics.

I'd like to thank EA for helping to move PES to the next level....................I've not been this excited since unwrapping Subbuteo World Cup in 1982:))

Media feedback is excellent and i am sure we will (once again) have to battle through the steep learning curve that we lambast but love all at te same time.

That's what I'm looking forward to the most. Having to relearn PES is something that I've not had to do since PES3. Since then it's all been a bit too familiar.

The sign of a good PES is hating it for the first few hours play because, then it clicks and becomes a great football game. If this happens with 2011 then I will know the series is back to form.

That's what I'm looking forward to the most. Having to relearn PES is something that I've not had to do since PES3. Since then it's all been a bit too familiar.

The sign of a good PES is hating it for the first few hours play because, then it clicks and becomes a great football game. If this happens with 2011 then I will know the series is back to form.

Hi Jamez

PES 5 gave me a challenge in getting use to alot of factors but since then its been a bit pick up and play which is where i think people refer to it's soul..................PES lost what it was famed for and that has realy damaged the series.

2011, however looks a new game but with the soul put back in, the old PES flavour of feeling, individuality and reward with the added bonus of the best looking football game ever made:COOL:

the reason that there weren't much learning curves after PES 3 was that they had most of the stuff right already...there's no need to revamp it after you have it right, but update it and refine it...You don't need huge learning curves for touch-ups and refinements

There is another huge learning curve for 2010 and 2011 is because they had to completely overhaul the 07-09 years and basically start from scratch and therefore, you will have to struggle at first to get used to it. I don't expect nor hope that there will be one for 2012 because that'd mean that 2011 was a failure as well.

The PS2 PES's had that distinct sim-arcade-sim flip flopping where the even numbers were arcadier and the odd numbers were harder. PES 5 needed ever so slight adjusting because PES 4 was too easy. As an example, the previous couple of PES's had that R1 lob that you could exploit, maxing out the power bar to guarantee that if he was off his line the ball would beat the keeper and drop under the bar from about 20 yards out. In PES 4 you could score those when the keeper was actually on his line.

Still, I remember how chuffed everyone was because you could volley the ball more effectively - happy days...

Last edited:
I just played my old copy of PES 6 for a bit and you know what i can't understand why everybody raves about it.

Maybe the PS2 version is vastly superior (i only have the xbox version) but it compared to playing PES 5 it feels much more arcadey. Annoyingly they took the servers down for PES 5.

Of your avatar... yes please.

I don't know, if it's a small crowd expect not if it's a big crowd expect to see a shaky mobile phone quality video, IMO we are better off without it as it really gives a bad impression of the game in terms of FPS, game speed and general shiteness.

Man if I were Mart or one of the lucky ones I would not have slept.

They'd be pretty strict about it, I'd have thought. There'll be Konami reps hanging about, both to help and to stop anyone sneaking footage out.

I just played my old copy of PES 6 for a bit and you know what i can't understand why everybody raves about it.

Maybe the PS2 version is vastly superior (i only have the xbox version) but it compared to playing PES 5 it feels much more arcadey. Annoyingly they took the servers down for PES 5.

Same, it was a step back from PES 5, far too much sprinitng and player individuallity didn't seem as important. Also many scripted goals :(

More of a gamers game if you ask me.

Where are todays videos?

@PESKingsBlog You sound pretty positive mate. What more can you tell us? Any concerns? Any wows? 15 minutes ago via web

@EvoWeb_Mod I will be doing a write up of impression soon after. Very few concerns that we have been told are still been worked on mate 6 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to EvoWeb_Mod

Thanks Lami. :))

Mart just tweeted:

The tricks don't seem too overpowered or easy but this could be me just being rubbish. Getting used to it I mean.

also...

So. The passing is good, it has a very nice feel and the game feels more open for it. The ball physics have improved as well, which helps.

Back
Top Bottom