PES 2011 Discussion thread

David Rutter's opinion on PES:

IGN: You've got a long history with football games as well – outside of the games that you've worked on yourself, what have been some of your favourite examples of football games over the years?

David Rutter: I very fondly remember the first version of PES – though it wasn't called PES then – on the N64. I can't actually remember the name of it.

IGN: Was it International Superstar Soccer?

David Rutter: I think it was, yeah. That was a very special game for me. I'd literally just started work in the videogame industry, and I'd been working on a football game for about a year by that point, and thought 'oh my goodness, they've totally nailed this animation system'. The game itself wasn't amazing, but the actual motion of the players was untold.

A very good friend of mine who I grew up with who's a also massive videogamer, Joao Sanchez who was editor of Edge at the time, I remember going round his house and he told me I had to play this game, which turned out to be the very first PES on PlayStation, and literally I said 'We're so owned'. It was such a better game than the one I was working on at the time that I just knew that that was a very special moment in football videogaming.

I also remember the very first football videogame I ever played – I think it was on Commodore 64, and that was also called International Soccer, and it was the first cartridge I got for my Commodore 64 – you could plug it in the back and it would load instantly. I spent many happy hours practicing running from one end of the pitch to the other, bouncing the ball on my head so I couldn't be tackled.

IGN: As someone who once loved PES, does it make you sad to see it not as great as it once was?

David Rutter: Yes. I went to [Gamescom in ] Cologne last year, and I don't know if some people appreciate what the game teams go through there – I'm a 38 year old hardcore videogamer in the biggest game show in Europe and you can't leave the room you're in, and all you can see for the whole of the week is your own game. You can hear mayhem all around you and people having fun looking at all these other games that you never get to see. It's torture.

I managed to sneak out for 15 minutes on the last day, and I went and had a go on PES. I was doing it because I want to see what it's like and I love the series, and also because it's a competitor. I spent a great deal of time about two inches away from the screen, and because they'd just announced the 360 degree dribbling I was counting the number of different directions you could walk, dribble, jog, run. I turned around and to my surprise there was a considerable amount of people watching me do it, and some people were even videoing me doing it and taking photos of me playing PES, which I found entertaining.

But yeah, I do feel a little disappointed. They do still have some fantastic stuff in the game, and as a group of developers who have consistently delivered an outstanding, high quality gameplay experience I have absolutely no doubt that they'll return to form at some point. I'm nervous about that, and that's what helps spur me on day to day.

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/108/1086792p3.html

Great response from David Rutter showing his admiration & respect for PES. Lets hope that this year PES returns back to form and maybe, just maybe pushes the series into a whole new revolutionary direction!

I also remember the very first football videogame I ever played – I think it was on Commodore 64, and that was also called International Soccer, and it was the first cartridge I got for my Commodore 64 – you could plug it in the back and it would load instantly. I spent many happy hours practicing running from one end of the pitch to the other, bouncing the ball on my head so I couldn't be tackled.

Ha! We have something in common, that was my first footy game, the cartridge in the back of the Commodore 64........ah the memories!!!

scaled.php

:JAY:

What a weird facial expression!

Hes like the bald headed people (the observers) who turn up at random locations and observe their findings on Fringe

Apologies for being a buzz kill but is there an actual source to this 200 man super strong 'blue sky' team or is it a rumour that just snowballed?

Hearsay is quite prevalent when it comes to communication from PES Productions.

Apologies for being a buzz kill but is there an actual source to this 200 man super strong 'blue sky' team or is it a rumour that just snowballed?

Hearsay is quite prevalent when it comes to communication from PES Productions.

All over the WENB forums, started by the WENB boys. I can tell you it ain't no rumor though. Think it was Jon Murphy or Steve who informed them.

David Rutter's opinion on PES:

But yeah, I do feel a little disappointed. They do still have some fantastic stuff in the game, and as a group of developers who have consistently delivered an outstanding, high quality gameplay experience I have absolutely no doubt that they'll return to form at some point. I'm nervous about that, and that's what helps spur me on day to day.

That's what I like to hear. As they try to outdo each other, they will push the genre into new territory.

Noticias:

Benzema, Kaka, Rooney, Iniesta ya han realizado sesiones fotograficas y de movimientos para Fifa11

translate please, my english is very poor

Noticias:

Benzema, Kaka, Rooney, Iniesta ya han realizado sesiones fotograficas y de movimientos para Fifa11

translate please, my english is very poor

What does that have to do with PES2011 mate? We want PES related stuff here. I can translate anyway:

"Benzema, Kaka, Rooney and Iniesta have had photo sessions and motion capture for Fifa11 already."

Last edited:
What does that have to do with PES2011 mate? We want PES related stuff here. I can translate anyway:

"Benzema, Kaka, Rooney and Iniesta have had photo sessions and motion capture for Fifa11 already."

perdon, fue un error de topic.

Somewhat unrelated but there is a video out on the official Blue Samurai web. Check Winningelevenblog.com for details.

la semana que viene no espereis gran informacion.
os lo digo por el hype..la gente le gusta lanzar señuelos para atraer visitas a sus webs.

las noticias importantes que os gusta/ nos gusta a los seguidores de PES se dara comforme se acerque el mundial, y durante el campeonato..

hasta entonces no tendreis grandes noticias

la semana que viene no espereis gran informacion.
os lo digo por el hype..la gente le gusta lanzar señuelos para atraer visitas a sus webs.

las noticias importantes que os gusta/ nos gusta a los seguidores de PES se dara comforme se acerque el mundial, y durante el campeonato..

hasta entonces no tendreis grandes noticias

Estás seguro de esto?

"Next week don't expect too much information. I say this because of the hype. People likes to throw lures to attract people to their websites.

The important news that PES followers care about will come near the world cup start, and during it.

So until then we won't have many news"

Estás seguro de esto?

"Next week don't expect too much information. I say this because of the hype. People likes to throw lures to attract people to their websites.

The important news that PES followers care about will come near the world cup start, and during it.

So until then we won't have many news"

por supuesto, todo es marketing, mas alla de que el juego cumpla las expectativas, que es posible que si, una empresa mria primero por el nivel de ventas.

De aqui al mundial saldra la noticia de que jugadores han posado, algun making off, quizas alguna imagen muy prematura..

pero en definitiva no es nada de lo que espera el publico, sucede asi cada año.

Quien espere que la semana que viene salga un video in-game, esta totalmente equivocado.

por supuesto, todo es marketing, mas alla de que el juego cumpla las expectativas, que es posible que si, una empresa mria primero por el nivel de ventas.

De aqui al mundial saldra la noticia de que jugadores han posado, algun making off, quizas alguna imagen muy prematura..

pero en definitiva no es nada de lo que espera el publico, sucede asi cada año.

Quien espere que la semana que viene salga un video in-game, esta totalmente equivocado.

Oh ok :\

"Of course, everything is marketing, but for a game to fullfil the expectations, which is possible, a company first cares for sales.

From now to the world cup we will have news that players have done photo sessions, making offs, maybe some premateur image..

But not what the public is expecting, as happens every year.

Those expecting that next week they will see an in-game video, is totally wrong."

I hope they're not up to their old tricks again. The way it's being hyped you'd think next week is the second coming of Christ.

Believe Jamezinho!

I really do think we are in for a treat with PES 2011, but I suppose my expectations have naturally been lowered a bit after the last few years. I'm not sure how much info Konami will release next week as it's still very early days and I've seen some people over at the other place getting a bit hysterical!

I really do think we are in for a treat with PES 2011, but I suppose my expectations have naturally been lowered a bit after the last few years. I'm not sure how much info Konami will release next week as it's still very early days and I've seen some people over at the other place getting a bit hysterical!

I still think we will have something special next week :)

Back
Top Bottom