PES 2011 Discussion thread

Not sure they really need a new engine. I mean if they hook in HumanIK like EA have done so they have dynamic and soft animations it would look like a completely new game. Then work a bit on the ball physics and we're starting to get there.

Never see anyone complain about 99% of the shots in all PES games having back spin, when in real life it is pretty much the opposite. The only time in PES when there is no back spin is free kicks and when you get one of those screamers without much spin at all. Play some PES and watch the ball spin on every shot, and then watch a real football game and look at the shots. I hope they fix this and also add more variety in the shots with proper top spin and swerve and so on.

1) HumanIK would ruin the dribbling system that PES 2010 already has in place. Most people don't even know how to dribble properly in 2010, so why introduce yet another dribbling system?

2) Did you know there are three additional shot modifiers other than just pressing down square halfway?

All this time I didn't know the additional 200 people were recruited for 2011. That should make things very interesting for 2011 if it actually turns out the 200-man team has been working for almost three years now on the next iteration of PES.

Last edited:
I'm realistic, too, but I think you missed the point. The Blue Sky Team have been working on PES since well before PES2010 was even announced, if the information from wenb is correct. They had nothing to do with the development of PES2010 so they've had well over a year working on a separate project. You don't need 200 extra people just to implement a bit of mo-cap.

About 200 extra people we heard long time ago, before PES 2010. About "BLU SKY TEAM" we heard 1 week ago. I think it's the same team but only with the added name "Blu Sky Team"

1) HumanIK would ruin the dribbling system that PES 2010 already has in place. Most people don't even know how to dribble properly in 2010, so why introduce yet another dribbling system?

2) Did you know there are three additional shot modifiers other than just pressing down square halfway?

All this time I didn't know the additional 200 people were recruited for 2011. That should make things very interesting for 2011 if it actually turns out the 200-man team has been working for almost three years now on the next iteration of PES.

1) Well you can't have soft animation without a proper IK system.

2) No I didn't, I know I can use RT for controlled shot but didn't know there were shot modifiers to get top spin shots. All goals I've seen from PES highlights on youtube always have back spin too so I'm probably not alone.

Edit: Here is a good example of what I mean. In this video every shot has back spin. Even all the headers (which is more forgiving). What's good with this video is that it is 1080p and he zooms in so you can actually see the spin clearly on every shot. And as a bonus, around 7 minutes in there is a backheel goal where also the ball starts of as a backspin backheel but then when it touch the ground (pretty quickly) it obviously spin forward since it's grass and not ice, but it starts out with back spin just like always.

Click on it so it takes you to youtube so you can watch in 1080p on full screen to see the backspin on EVERY shot.

YouTube - Top 40 Pes 2010 Goals Part 1

This is so bad...

Last edited:
Not sure they really need a new engine. I mean if they hook in HumanIK like EA have done so they have dynamic and soft animations it would look like a completely new game. Then work a bit on the ball physics and we're starting to get there.

Never see anyone complain about 99% of the shots in all PES games having back spin, when in real life it is pretty much the opposite. The only time in PES when there is no back spin is free kicks and when you get one of those screamers without much spin at all. Play some PES and watch the ball spin on every shot, and then watch a real football game and look at the shots. I hope they fix this and also add more variety in the shots with proper top spin and swerve and so on.

Thank you so much! This is a real travesty of what shooting is in real life.

We need a slight presence of top spin on in step kicks and full on lace shots. We need the ball to hook more often without needing to spin like a tennis ball. Get rid of outside curl when using the inside of the foot(it's literally impossible!) although the ball may occasionally fade out with apparently opposite spin. And finally, transversal spin when a shot is not hit as cleanly as desired--that's when the ball spins on a horizontal axis but sideways.

It's embarrassing to look at sometimes when you score one from long range. You tend to ask yourself "wtf, I thought I took a full hit at the ball, not a tentative get your foot under the ball shot!?"

Headers seem to follow a realistic path, but you won't get away from the back spin. However subtly it never fails to rear its ugly head.:BLEH:

Mate I couldn't care less about if the dribbling system would be different (as long as it isn't ruined as you say), I would love to have such dynamics on PES.

Here's a great demonstration of hooking a shot with power and not having to rely on curl and control being imparted using the inside of the foot.

YouTube - Dwayne De Rosario World Class Free Kick

I'm not saying the ball does not spin like it should but notice how Dwayne De Rosario noticeably hits through and across the ball, not so much sweeping his foot out and around it, hence the power he is able to generate.

Here's a great demonstration of hooking a shot with power and not having to rely on curl and control being imparted using the inside of the foot.

That video also highlights what is wrong with FK's in PES. A lack of variety. Have you ever had one that has as much power and swerve as that whilst simultaneously having the GK unable to even make it across goal in time to react.

It shouldn't be easy to do but never during my hours of trying in training have i got anywhere near that.

From KONAMI Blog in Feb.
------------------------

I wanted to update you about a few things. Firstly, we've got another free update available. It's had a feel teething problems, but those have now been sorted.

From the main menu in game, go to System Settings and then Download to update team rosters and add a new boot...we're looking to simplify that process in PES2011 by the way. You'll also be pleased to hear we've got a number of other updates planned which will keep PES fresh right up until the next version.

I've also been back to Japan to see the team. They started work on PES2011 months ago and as promised the basis for changes has been feedback from fans. The big news from me is that I've already played a really, really early version of the code and it blew me away! Obviously I'm sworn to secrecy, but what I've seen is the biggest shake up of PES ever! I'm not kidding. It's awesome, but I can't say more.

Finally, it's great to welcome the Champions League back into my life - although my other half isn't such a fan of wall to wall footie! If like me you can't get enough of the competition check out the PES2010 online Champions League events every Wednesday and Saturday nights (22:00-00:30 GMT).

Cheers,

Jon.
posted by Jon Murphy

That video also highlights what is wrong with FK's in PES. A lack of variety. Have you ever had one that has as much power and swerve as that whilst simultaneously having the GK unable to even make it across goal in time to react.

It shouldn't be easy to do but never during my hours of trying in training have i got anywhere near that.

Yup! Sure i've seen free kicks like that, scored a few with some tolouse player (brazilian free kick taker)

lol It helps when the player is on a red :BOP:

This was posted on pesfan
The latest issue of the PSM3 magazine features a nice article on PES detailing the top five improvements they would like to see for PES 2011.

So, what are the five improvements they want?

- Revamp the Animation
- Innovate in BAL
- Make master league more realistic
- Rework trick system and dribbling
- Make online less predictable

credit go to Winning Eleven Blog for the news on the PSM3 article. You can read more about it over on the site:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/psm3-fans-on-the-same-page/

-----------

Beyond these options that resvista posted. I would add this:

- Could add a power bar to pass, (same as the shot) I think it would not be a bad idea.
- And I think the field gives a small sense of opinion.
- And the audio could improve as well because the crowd is singing like a stuck disc.
- More relistic crowds please
- And in exhibition mode, the option to stadiums, as well as the RANDOM option, could also have the option to HOME STADIUM. so there'd be changing every time we choose the teams.

sorry my bad english.

Last edited:

I'm not saying the ball does not spin like it should but notice how Dwayne De Rosario noticeably hits through and across the ball, not so much sweeping his foot out and around it, hence the power he is able to generate.

look this:
YouTube - Le Tissier Top Ten Goals

This was posted on pesfan
The latest issue of the PSM3 magazine features a nice article on PES detailing the top five improvements they would like to see for PES 2011.

So, what are the five improvements they want?

- Revamp the Animation
- Innovate in BAL
- Make master league more realistic
- Rework trick system and dribbling
- Make online less predictable

credit go to Winning Eleven Blog for the news on the PSM3 article. You can read more about it over on the site:

http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/psm3-fans-on-the-same-page/

-----------

Beyond these options that resvista posted. I would add this:

- Could add a power bar to pass, (same as the shot) I think it would not be a bad idea.
- And I think the field gives a small sense of opinion.
- And the audio could improve as well because the crowd is singing like a stuck disc.
- More relistic crowds please
- And in exhibition mode, the option to stadiums, as well as the RANDOM option, could also have the option to HOME STADIUM. so there'd be changing every time we choose the teams.

sorry my bad english.

yes what they WANT to happen,not what has happened

Yup! Sure i've seen free kicks like that, scored a few with some tolouse player (brazilian free kick taker)

I would like to have seen that. I'll let you note that De Rosario hooked the ball around the wall not needing so much to get over it, which to me is foreign territory as far as playing PES. However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

My bad then. I just never seem to be able to get enough power on freekick whilst being able to keep it from sailing over the bar.

Konami give no information until after the PES saldi world in japan

Some of the innovations of the new PES as I have been told:
- Implantation of 360 degrees
- New collision system
- Copa Libertadores (not fully licensed kits)
- New system Tricks
- Estadio Mestalla, Valencia

Once you know something else, ire informing them as I did a year ago

Sorry for my poor english

Also, this was posted by Hellrider over at WENB:

hi everyone¡

first, sorry for my english.
icon_redface.gif

i dont know if this is true, but it appears in a forum some weeks ago, is information allegedly leaked by Konami france.
the guy that posted this information seems to be a friend of someone in konami.
icon_rolleyes.gif

-new engine, new animations and collision engine.
-360 Movement completely renovated.
-Level on Pass(?)
-same penalty system
-1000 new animations
-Bundesliga fully licensed(
icon_lol.gif
)
-Online Master League.
-Players fight for the ball like fifa
-resistance as Pes 2010 wii
-first news May 4
-This year Pes will be Total Liberty¡

I really dont believe,and i dont want to believe cause i dont want to be disappointed.
but the date...
what do you think guys?

Just rumours, as usual. Again, make of it what you will.

Konami give no information until after the PES saldi world in japan

Some of the innovations of the new PES as I have been told:
- Implantation of 360 degrees
- New collision system
- Copa Libertadores (not fully licensed kits)
- New system Tricks
- Estadio Mestalla, Valencia

Once you know something else, ire informing them as I did a year ago

Sorry for my poor english

Mate, last year you were spot on on some stuff. Let's see. Also, could you please do like some other members and post in both languages? Spanish and English?

yeah he was right last year. Like the list just need to get some info on animations. But i suppose a new collision system would mean new physical animations.

That Valencia stadium point seems a bit strange. May be someone who was playing an early version realised the stadium was the Mestalla

starting to think that list with the 1000 animations is true. Cos over at WENB there are hints that this years PES 2011 tag line is total liberty.

I must say I feel very optimistic about this years game. More so than ever before. All aboard the hype train! CHOO CHOO! :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom