PES 2011 Discussion thread

Konami have acquired the official CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores license!!! YES!!!!!

For those that dont know about it, its basically the South American Champions League. Hopefully this will include all the teams licensed for PES 2011! Fantastic news and a great addition to the franchise. Lets hope the gameplay will match with the strides Konami are taking this year!

Source: http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.co.jp/ja/news/topics/2010/0408/?ref=portal

(Credit to hideiker from WENB forums)

Good news for PS3 owners...As a PC gamer I am indifferent....and Xbox360 owners can have full patches too..

I hope they have the kit selector as they did in pes5 & WE10, where you could change the shirt, short & sock colors, also a 3rd kit option would be good since fifa has had they 3rd kit option for years.

Would love that to be back as well.

Lovely news this. I was dreaming one day we have it in PES and now we do :D

i wonder what teams will be taken out to accomodate these new licenced teams,my guess will be there will be no more empty league B,konami never add teams without taking out other teams

1)Is to show emotions coach
2)Improve the fans better and more clear
3)To move the camera behind the goal With every attempt to score a goal
4)Show the player which will be introduced to substitute another player on the truf during its run and training on the truf
5)the player take his shirt off when score goal or after win
6)the game include African Champions League

This kinda attitude from fans made konami lazy and completely destroy a classic football game. Go and play FIFA on the PC.

Now that konami dont have a new game engine in place just update WE9LEK with new graphics and it will be an instant hit.

Maybe the first Pes 2011 news will hit next week

Budget meeting on thursday and friday.
News to come after the weekend.
Somebody has put away their PS2.

Caniggia on wenb

Agreed. Something like "same as name" option instead of retyping it.

The refs need a major fix. Think I'm in my 4th season and still no pk.

Also, let us edit the fake D2 teams. And add young players to the youth team, who should be playing games as well; maybe even give us the option to play with the youth team too, but thats not important.

More interaction when negotiating a transfer. And where the hell has trading a player gone? Also bring back the team's history, which has vanished as well.

BAL, please, please let us play other teams' reserves instead of playing team a and team b EVERY time.

I've been put off work till monday so I have finally had chance to put in some ML time. It's still gets me out of my seat and makes me stand in front of my lcd for that last minute equaliser.lol.
There are glaring problems though that I feel need attention come 2011
1. AI:
Konami need to adress the problem with the balance of the matches. I take on average 12 shots at goal and keep teams like Bayern, Barca, Madrid down to less than 5. They just refuse to attack and when they do it's usually a counter attack.
They are the odd occasions that my defence gets caught out but not nearly enough.

Teamvision only kicks in every halfway through a season so the AI recognises my style but I just change my formation and I'm good to go for a few months

2.Penalty mr ref!!!
I've stopped saving the replays of this atrocious flaw it's really bad.
There's also major problems with the advantage rule. I get fouled but still manage to keep posession but the refs keep fucking blowing the whistle at bad times

3.Formations
I. Want to have more control over which angles my players run. The sliders are good but I want to be able to dictate to individuals how they should run into which spaces

4. Manual/stat based passing
Player individuality is still awesome on PES but - think a little more control is needed the cpu tends to ignore my passes manual pass is not feasible for me on PES

Sorry if this comes across as a PES2010 impression but it's more what I want of PES 2011.

I've been put off work till monday so I have finally had chance to put in some ML time. It's still gets me out of my seat and makes me stand in front of my lcd for that last minute equaliser.lol.
There are glaring problems though that I feel need attention come 2011
1. AI:
Konami need to adress the problem with the balance of the matches. I take on average 12 shots at goal and keep teams like Bayern, Barca, Madrid down to less than 5. They just refuse to attack and when they do it's usually a counter attack.
They are the odd occasions that my defence gets caught out but not nearly enough.

Teamvision only kicks in every halfway through a season so the AI recognises my style but I just change my formation and I'm good to go for a few months

2.Penalty mr ref!!!
I've stopped saving the replays of this atrocious flaw it's really bad.
There's also major problems with the advantage rule. I get fouled but still manage to keep posession but the refs keep fucking blowing the whistle at bad times

3.Formations
I. Want to have more control over which angles my players run. The sliders are good but I want to be able to dictate to individuals how they should run into which spaces

4. Manual/stat based passing
Player individuality is still awesome on PES but - think a little more control is needed the cpu tends to ignore my passes manual pass is not feasible for me on PES

Sorry if this comes across as a PES2010 impression but it's more what I want of PES 2011.

Hi zee, agree with this,the ammount of times i have broken clear of the defence ran towards the box and i just try to change my direction ever so slightly to create a good angle for shooting,but 9 times out of ten my player will stop before changing direction thus allowing the defence to make a tackle. very frustrating!:RANT: Also good idea on the player/shirt names,i would like to see this method extended to team select in cup mode when you randomise team selection it needs to be more selective instead of dumping national and club sides together. also please konami give us control over day night night matches in all modes.(unrealistic playing fa cup final at nightime).but like you said zee a referees fix is a definate must for pes11.

EDIT- Oh yeah,also about the advantage rule,konami had this absolutley nailed with i think pes6 but like a lot of things this seems to be broken,it seems to me that when they fix something within the game something else goes wrong.but then again the cynic in me would say this sort of behaviour is deliberate,thus denying us of the perfect game,and ensuring us ringing up the cash tills year after year.TBH if konami fixed everything with pes11 i wouldnt bother buying another one on current gen.But hey i wont be holding my breath. peace.

Last edited:
with a good formation n tactics this wont happen

u need a) good teamwork values
b) players who can play several positions, so if u run into space a with some player the other one reads the game and runs into b etc. this hapens alot more with players who can play more positions
c) outbalanced formation/positions
look at the aver. positions after the game, there need to be atleast one bright area for a player, this shud be near the place he is positioned in the formation, better is to have 2-3 bright areas wich is the max and shows that the play is organic and flows, pos. of players shud not be near each other too

but i miss the arrows too, from earlier titles..
but u cud set no arrows at all there, so they kinda do it context based on their own, its like it is now

Thank the lord! The d-pad is now gone! Their finally moving with the times! :BOP:

damnnnn when we gonna get soe news?
Or wil there b a special WC2010 update...and after the update we wil get some PES2011 news?

Back
Top Bottom