PES 2011 Discussion thread

step backwards, not forward...
a lot more passes are just discplaced completely

After having played PES2010 for some time, I must say that at least 64-direction movement is a key improvement.
I just struggle playing WE9LE/PES6 now without that kind of "almost-360-degree movement" I got used to..
But, as I said before at a certain point (maybe not in this thread though) way more important than 360 degree movement is 360 degree ball control: if I want to put the ball there, I should be able to put the ball THERE. I don't want the CPU to decide on my behalf where the ball is going to go!!
I think PES2010 made a big step forward also in this direction, but I still feel that ball control isn't "proper" yet.. Sometimes the passes are still misplaced and the shots go where the CPU wants them to go instead of where I tell them to go..

A complete control IMO destroys any stats that players have. The solution is in the middle. Unless of course one wants to be in 100% control turning the game into a statless control fest.

To me i never gained any advantage from the added number of direction i can run in - cause as soon as i press pass the ball goes where the game wants it to, rather than where im aiming

A complete control IMO destroys any stats that players have. The solution is in the middle. Unless of course one wants to be in 100% control turning the game into a statless control fest.

Totally agree. PES is a stats-driven football game, and that's how I would like it to stay. I want more control, but I don't want total control. The stats of the player under my control should be the deciding factor on how accurate a pass or shot is. The last thing I want is Titus Bramble spraying passes about like Xavi.

To go down the Fifa full-manual route would detract from what PES is all about.

Besides the unproper amount of passing directions in this game, something else I also hate is that your cpu teammates don't try to get out of the way of your shots or passes.

This happens to me quite a lot. I try to pass to the fullback on the left and the left midfielder just strolls in the way and get in the way of the pass, causing it to fumble to an opposition player. Now, if the pace of the pass is strong/or the teammate is to close to the passing player I can accept it as realistic occurence, but it wasn't even that. Something KONAMI must fix.

Totally agree. PES is a stats-driven football game, and that's how I would like it to stay. I want more control, but I don't want total control. The stats of the player under my control should be the deciding factor on how accurate a pass or shot is. The last thing I want is Titus Bramble spraying passes about like Xavi.

Absolutely. The FIFA semi route, with PES attribute dependency, is my personal ideal. The right mix of human control and player individuality.

It'll be interesting to see if Konami actually look at improving the level of control we have over passes..

I really respect a lot of your posts here man :)

I made it clear here and on PES's offical site many times what PES 2011 needs, i actually atm very interested about this new world cup game PES 2010 (samarai whatever) have coming up? Just wonder if it will feature smoother animations and some elements from PES 2011.

I think PES really should look at making sure the game is nothing like FIFA, I'm starting to agree with someone who posted on those EA fourms 'i think' or they might of been on here in which he loved the fact FIFA and PES have always been totally different games.

If you look at FIFA's current engine, what will be the best, most enjoable way to play the game will be playing online in 11 vs 11 games (if they could work out how to make the keepers human controlled) using virtual pro players.

In this way nobody would really care about how each players plaay since everyone will have their own style.

I could see by 2012 this being almost the main game mode which everyone plays on very much like call of duty online.

Playing clubs, full manual using virtual pro's 10 vs 10 or 11 vs 11 should be really enjoable with good players :) and better more balanced gameplay.

If you look at FIFA's current engine, what will be the best, most enjoable way to play the game will be playing online in 11 vs 11 games (if they could work out how to make the keepers human controlled) using virtual pro players.

In this way nobody would really care about how each players plaay since everyone will have their own style.

I could see by 2012 this being almost the main game mode which everyone plays on very much like call of duty online.

Playing clubs, full manual using virtual pro's 10 vs 10 or 11 vs 11 should be really enjoable with good players :) and better more balanced gameplay.

1000% agree. As earlier they understand that truth in EA the better for them. They need to improve in that direction if they wanna succeed.

They cant implement the bundesliga with fake player names, and fake team names, i know we can create the league, but i want to play with german teams online...

1)Is to show emotions coach
2)Improve the fans better and more clear
3)To move the camera behind the goal With every attempt to score a goal
4)Show the player which will be introduced to substitute another player on the truf during its run and training on the truf
5)the player take his shirt off when score goal or after win
6)the game include African Champions League

1) to make a major improvement on the netcode and other big improvements like manual passes w/o right stick with pass bar, and not such shit as the ones above me :FAIL:

The last time I played PES online without lag was on PES 6 360. It only lagged for the first 10 seconds like it was correcting itself and then it was perfect the whole game. I even played people from europe too.

The last time I played PES online without lag was on PES 6 360. It only lagged for the first 10 seconds like it was correcting itself and then it was perfect the whole game. I even played people from europe too.

Lol i always thought you were from europe, only now i noticed you are from UAE :)

1) Animations: it would completely change the pes experience, pes 2010 is solid but poorly animated and that ruins its beauty
2) Visually: daytime game light suck big times, completel wrong, it feels like playing on the moon in most stadia
3) Audio: we need a proper football atmospere, not talking about 5 chants that repeat themself mechanically, i am taling about a real sound AI that changes according to the context.

Gameplay:
1) Throw ins are garbage
2) More depth for free kicks close to the box, most of the time u need to pass on the ground
3)More variety in general (deflections, attacking patterns, tackles etc).

pes 2011 can be the best sport game ever if they do their homework properly.

1)Is to show emotions coach
2)Improve the fans better and more clear
3)To move the camera behind the goal With every attempt to score a goal
4)Show the player which will be introduced to substitute another player on the truf during its run and training on the truf
5)the player take his shirt off when score goal or after win
6)the game include African Champions League

Seriously!

Thats it thats what you want from 2011, I see these as cosmetic and very trivial, I personally want the controls looked at the whole motion, change of direction doesn't feel like real football, the reason I fell in love with PES, the turn is exaggerated, it feels false and there needs to be a counteract to the awful I press up and the pass goes straight issue, which never used to happen in the previous games, you get used to it and combat its failure but its not right.

My final one would be fix online its still unplayable!, there is no skill online at all, its all about whose button press isn't recognised the most.

The slide tackles still look robotic lol

Notice how they only have 1 animation for slide tackles, this needs to be addressed, oh fuck! why didn't i tell konami that like back last august with the demo :(

But that Puma video is PES2010, though. It's probably been edited slightly for the TV commercial, but I'm sure it's nothing to do with PES2011.

I strongly disagree in the concept. What would be ideal is a full manual declaration of intentions by the user and a stats-driven execution. Right now, Fifa is closer than PES to this, even if both are far from it.

But think about it, Fifa only needs to put some error depending on stats, while Konami hasn't done a thing towards any kind of freedom of control in the last 6 years. To me, this issue, AI and tactical depth are the only things that matter in the next football games, and both games are crap at them when you know how they work. Konami has a terrible AI partially maked up by a bit better tactical display, while Fifa has a much better AI but suffers from tactical rigidity to the extreme.

But that Puma video is PES2010, though. It's probably been edited slightly for the TV commercial, but I'm sure it's nothing to do with PES2011.

It has nothing to do with PES 2011. Its to do with a Puma cup for PES 2010.

I strongly disagree in the concept. What would be ideal is a full manual declaration of intentions by the user and a stats-driven execution. Right now, Fifa is closer than PES to this, even if both are far from it.

But think about it, Fifa only needs to put some error depending on stats, while Konami hasn't done a thing towards any kind of freedom of control in the last 6 years. To me, this issue, AI and tactical depth are the only things that matter in the next football games, and both games are crap at them when you know how they work. Konami has a terrible AI partially maked up by a bit better tactical display, while Fifa has a much better AI but suffers from tactical rigidity to the extreme.

You live on a different planet.

u both do, tbh

:D

edit:
pass bar is needed finally, its 2010 no pass bar, manual right right stick passing suck bigtime, not accurrate at all, only on free kicks usable

Last edited:
Konami have acquired the official CONMEBOL Copa Libertadores license!!! YES!!!!!

For those that dont know about it, its basically the South American Champions League. Hopefully this will include all the teams licensed for PES 2011! Fantastic news and a great addition to the franchise. Lets hope the gameplay will match with the strides Konami are taking this year!

Source: http://www.konami-digital-entertainment.co.jp/ja/news/topics/2010/0408/?ref=portal

(Credit to hideiker from WENB forums)

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a pleasant surprise.

:COOL:

Back
Top Bottom