PES 2011 Discussion thread

We all share similar views. But what you will do is as soon as a negative preview or negative opinion is out you will jump on it as if its Gospel, completely ignoring the fact that lots of other people have said good things.
Why? Because your a pessimist.

AGAIN:

wrong! i love the new manual passing, some of new animations and proportion of the new player models

I still waiting for your reasons why you think PES 2011 looking quite good.
At the end of the day you will only form your ultimate opinion with the demo.

no doubt...

Last edited:
Why is it looking good?

New and improved animations.
Brand new 360 degree passing system with a power bar making the game more manual.
Proper 360 degree movement.
Player individuality still being present (according to previews).
Improved graphics over PES 2010.
Copa Liberatodores license.
New commentary team member (Jim Beglin) and better audio.
Improved Become A Legend and Master League Online.

Why is it looking good?
New and improved animations.

This is why i want to see some gameplayvideo and not trailers....

Brand new 360 degree passing system with a power bar making the game more manual.

yes good point but the passing in pes is still good.

Proper 360 degree movement.
Player individuality still being present (according to previews).
Improved graphics over PES 2010.
Copa Liberatodores license.
New commentary team member (Jim Beglin) and better audio.
Improved Become A Legend and Master League Online.

I want some informations about:

- goalkeepers
- response
- new penalty system?
- tackling/dribbling
- shooting

and other unbalanced gameplay elements..i know i need to wait for gameplayvideos which are not from konami.

by the way dont care about license.....optionfileswill help you out :)

You wont know about any of those things until you really have the game in your hands. From the previews it seems that the animations are very good but not quite up to the standard of FIFA 10 but thats to be expected obviously. The response issue should be fixed. No reports have mentioned anything bad about the response times. However nearly everyone has raised concerns over the goalkeepers so lets wait and see what Thursday's community day and Gamescom brings but like I said the demo will be the focal point. All I want and I assume everyone is for PES to be great.

Billyboy, you forget about stadium editor and enhanced edit mode, also new jostling system and the new defending system where you can choose to hold your position instead going for the winger/forward...
About GKs that is thw worst thing said by the previewers The Power... hope they fix them... why new penalty system? Current one is great, except for the camera probably...

Billy, i think that The Power guy is bored so he just feels like today he going to 'hate' on PES for their past failures and troll this forum by picking arguments by lamenting anything positive :)

His post's are clear trolling. He's cherry picking the negatives and ignoring anything positive. He just want's to argue :)

also _anderson
i advise you to start using the 'ignore' function with certain members. Saves having to facepalm on certian things :)

And that's in Athens? And they are friends of you? And they played PES 2010 before? And why does every single report says exactly the opposite of what you said (about the animations being the same, and the game being "the same" as PES 2010)? They played the game too... I wonder if those "friends" of you also played 5 minutes and left like IGN Pros...

We had way too many people like you here already... Sounds like complete BS if you ask me.

Ho Ho fan boy relax...calm down...I dont speak english but i will try to explain you some things..

First of all my friend who played the PES 2011 in Athens, he is a very good Pes player...He play's PES every year...But he isnt a fanboy like you...He has a relationship with a woman not with gamepad like you...hohoho

Secondly i found the pictures from greek site..

http://www.wehellas.gr/images/pes2011/presentation/pes2011_4_lightbox.jpg

And for the end...If KONAMI send to me the beta version of the PES 2011 i will never say bad comments about the game...Because i will be thankful/grateful..

Last year did you hear someone to tell that the game isnt good?

Sorry for my English..

Billy, i think that The Power guy is bored so he just feels like today he going to 'hate' on PES for their past failures and troll this forum by picking arguments by lamenting anything positive :)

His post's are clear trolling. He's cherry picking the negatives and ignoring anything positive. He just want's to argue :)

also _anderson
i advise you to start using the 'ignore' function with certain members. Saves having to facepalm on certian things :)

Gotta do!

Some guys like Anderson are the reason which the game is very bad the last 3 years...

I hope this year with manual passes and freedom, we will see better game..

My brothers girlfriend's uncle's mate's cousin, he is called Wendell, played PES 2011 at Seabass's sisters house last week, after an extended Karaoke session. And he said it was mint. He said it was the bestest thing ever in whole wide world. And he knows because he joined Evo-Web in 2001. So,
david_brent_111.jpg

Last edited:
The greek guy is saying the truth. The presentation did happen in Athens Greece and Sotirakopoulos, Thanailakis were there...The greek journalists they make the commentary.

Many greek previews have been made since then, telling positive and bad stuff about pes2011. Here are some greek links:

http://www.authority.gr/index.php/previews/5850-pro-evolution-soccer-2011-hands-on.html

http://www.byteme.gr/node/8163

Both previews saying that pes2011 look a bit like fifa! Dont expect to translate all...Its huge

Bad Keepers
New animations in dribbling,turning,feints etc, but not very well connected with the odd running animation
Very slow speed at default option
Better refs
Very easy to do the feints and tricks. Fear of being way too easy...

Last edited:
The greek guy is saying the truth. The presentation did happen in Athens Greece and Sotirakopoulos, Thanailakis were there...The greek journalists they make the commentary.

Many greek previews have been made since then, telling positive and bad stuff about pes2011. Here are some greek links:

http://www.authority.gr/index.php/previews/5850-pro-evolution-soccer-2011-hands-on.html

Both previews saying that pes2011 look a bit like fifa! Dont expect to translate all...Its huge

Bad Keepers
New animations in dribbling,turning,feints etc, but not very well connected with the odd running animation
Better refs

When exactly did this presentation happen and what code/build of the game was used?

Bad Keepers
Better refs

My only real concern.

Animations dont break a football game, neither do they give the game soul or magnificent gameplay, so that isnt a concern. It's the mechanics that matter, and the fundementals of football replicated in it's purest form. Looking like Fifa is a good thing, playing like Fifa isnt.

The presentation happened on 13th of July in Intercontinental Hotel in Athens. About the demo code i dont know, but the writer says that it had 10+ teams, national, clubs and some coppa Libertadores teams but no Barcelona!!!

Bad Keepers
Better refs

:ROLL: and given they can splice them together this does not sound good...

Some feints should be easy don't get me wrong but no one wants to see rouletting rainbow kick runs every other attack...

Bad Keepers
Better refs

What do you exactly mean "look a bit like FIFA"? Animations?Gameplay? Visual?:CONFUSE:

Last edited:
Here's the second part of the PES2011 impressions from Godisageek.com:

http://www.godisageek.com/2010/07/p...=Feed:+godisageek/site+(God+is+a+Geek+(Site))

Fantastic preview jamezinho,and thanks for the link and heads up.

This is a guy that has alot of credance and credibilty being someone that has been playing konami footie games since ISS deluxe,so he knows his stuff.

Theres no flys on his preview,if there where issues he would tell it like it is.

Liked what he said about defensive ai and how you can step off,having to time you tackles and the whole risk and reward element.Reminded me alot of the old iss games on the n64 were midfielders covered holes and sensed danger,things that have been absent in konami footie games for 10 years now.

Last edited:
All we know is that Lawrenson was replaced by Jim Beglin.

Its not too much, i(well we all) saw a footage with the opening video before a match, and the yapanese commentary used the name of the clubs...but oh well konami always care only about japanese commentary, ex. club names, keeper callnames, 3rd commentary...

I am not sure at all about these Greek tests.
Sofar all tests, previews and first looks were very positive and now there come some Greek people who started to say that the game looks like PES 2010 ( which no one sofar said; are the other journalists blind?! ), not well connected animations ( also missed by all the other media?! ) and slow speed, amongst others. ( Speed can be ajusted if you want, there are five settings, so this sound very picky ).

What about the remark that it looks like FIFA?! They first said it looks like PES 2010 and now they say it also looks like FIFA?!
To put it in logical statements:
IF
PES2011 = PES2010 and PES2011 = FIFA10
then
FIFA10=PES 2010.

We can verify if FIFA10=PES2010:
PES2010 is nowhere near looking like FIFA10, so we can safely call this nonsens. If the rest of the test is of the same quality, then we can take all of this with much more than a pince of salt.
All in all this is so much different from what we heared sofar that there is only one word, jumping to my mind: TROLLING!

Last edited:
What do you exactly mean "look a bit like FIFA"? Animations?Gameplay? Visual?:CONFUSE:
I read both previews (translated via google) and their overall impressions were positive.I think they meant that PES 2011 looked like FIFA in terms of animations and physical battles for possesion, although it wasn't quite as good.Anyway I, personally, wouldn't want PES to look like FIFA so it's not necessarily a bad thing.It's more a question of individual taste.
Apart from the obvious dissatisfaction with Keepers and the ease with which you could string feints together (this part wasn't translated very well but from what I understood the guy managed to beat 2 or 3 players in succession with feints, but went out of play with the ball in the process, so he didn't gain such a big advantege), both previews agreed on the fact that PES 2011 has made steps in the right direction in ALL aspects.
An interesting bit was one preview describing the passing system as something between manual and semi in FIFA.The previewer had some remarks, however, about the ball physics.He mentioned something about the ball slowing down inadequately (too quickly) in some occasions (I think it was with passes along the ground).
All in all, both previews openly admitted PES has changed for the better and that's why I don't understand why the Greek guys point to this presentation as proof that this year's PES will be the same as PES 2010?!?

Last edited:
i read the translation of those two pes 2011 previews

maybe translation fooled me, but i read nowhere that pes 2011 is like pes 2010

the first talk like pes 2011 is the real first fully next gen Pes
and the second says that it has became a little like Fifa, in a good way

like the post above me said, they are positive, not shockingly positive, but certainly positive

Last edited:
Reading the Greek preview, its just the same as every preview I've read so far. Mentioning the positive thoughts about animations, passing, response, Refs etc and having the same concerns over GKs.

Greek power said:
And for the end...If KONAMI send to me the beta version of the PES 2011 i will never say bad comments about the game...Because i will be thankful/grateful..

Sorry but that's nonsense. Betas are sent for feedback. They want to know what's good and what's not; to fix and improve.

The Power said:
ok sorry i gonna post my opinion again without mention those pes sites :)
Thanks.

And guys, take it easy on The Power, he's only stating his opinion, and he has the right to be concerned about the game for personal near past experiences.

Φιλε polakis απ οτι καταλαβα εισαι Ελληνας.

Πεστους οτι η αμεσοτητα του παιχνιδιου ειναι χειροτερη απ οτι στο PES 2010.
Δηλαδη η εντολη πατωντας το κουμπι αργει πιο συχνα να υλοποιηθει.
Επισης πεστους οτι οταν λενε οτι μοιαζει με το FIFA εννοουν οτι η ΚΟΝΑΜΙ εχει βαλει αρκετα στοιχεια στο PES 2011 που υπαρχουν και στο FIFA. Οπως τα σπρωξιματα μεταξυ των παιχτων, η αποφυγη της μπαλας οταν η πασα προοριζεται γι αλλον παιχτη κτλ.
Επισης πες τους οτι εγιναν προσθηκες και οχι αλλαγες. Οποτε πολλα ειδη τρεξιματος των παιχτων ειναι το ιδιο αθλια μ αυτα του PES 2010.
Oι τερματοφυλακες στην εκδοση που επαιξαν στην Ελλαδα δεν ηταν δουλεμενοι και ειχαν προβληματα, ενω κανεις δεν κοιταξε τακτικες. Δεν τις δοκιμασαν.
Πες στον Lami οτι εννοω οτι αν η γενικη εικονα δεν αρεσει σε καποιον beta tester δεν θα το πει. Απλα θα επισημανει τα λαθη και καποια προβληματα που θα παρουσιαστουν δηλαδη bugs.
Aν μου δινει η ΚΟΝΑΜΙ καθε χρονο μια δοκιμαστικη εκδοση του παιχνιδιου δεν θα βγαινω να λεω οτι δεν μ αρεσε και οτι και φετος το παιχνιδι δεν θα ειναι καλο. Επειδη πρωτα θα ειμαι ευγνομων και μετα δεν θα με ξαναεμπιστευτουν.
Γι αυτο και καθε χρονο εχουμε τα ιδια και τα ιδια σ οτι αφορα την συνολικη εικονα του παιχνιδιου.

google translate

Dude polakis than that I understand you are Greek.

Say the immediacy of the game is worse than that in PES 2010.
Ie the command by pressing the button more often is slow to materialize.
Also tell them that when they say it looks like the FIFA mean that KONAMI has put several items in there that PES 2011 and FIFA. As to poke among the players, avoiding the ball when at any devoted OTHER player etc.
Also tell them that there were additions, not changes. Whenever running animations are the same miserable with those of PES 2010.
The goalkeepers in the version that played in Greece was not worked and had problems, and nobody looked at tactics. Not trying.
Tell Lami meaning that if the picture does not look for in someone beta tester will not tell. Just to point out the mistakes and some problems will occur ie bugs.
If you give me the KONAMI each year a test version of the game will not come out to say that I do not like and that and this year the game will not be good. Since first I am grateful and they will not trust me again.
That's why every year we have the same old thing in that regard the overall picture of the game.

Last edited:
Here's the second part of the PES2011 impressions from Godisageek.com:

http://www.godisageek.com/2010/07/p...=Feed:+godisageek/site+(God+is+a+Geek+(Site))

Every option is available right in front of your eyes, meaning you no longer have to trawl through many different menus to get that tactical or strategic option you were looking for. The sheer amount of customisation on offer is just baffling. I can say with some confidence that the “hardcore” PES players and football fans in general will just adore this new feature.

Love this. And yes I will. :)

I must say, that preview is rubberstamping everything we have been hearing. The amount of work that has gone into PES 2011 justifies the rumour that this game has been 18-24 months in production. It's sounding like the greatest PES to date, and I really have no reason to doubt it based on everything that has been said, and all the early hype and information regarding it. I'm even slightly changing my views on the tricks, as it sounds like they will really needed to be timed perfectly to work, which is good. Maybe not the sell-out I first thought. PES 2010 was the start of the return to a simulation based PES, this takes it much, much further. Awesome.

Back
Top Bottom