PES 2011 Discussion thread

you're a page late.....Konami should be working on the keepers as it seems it's the only real gripe all reviewers have.

Also, I am surprised how many of them do not like the PK system from PES 2010. I don't mind it at all but they need to change the camera angle. I usually swith to player cam for the penalty and back once it's done but it's a right pain in the arse.

Another thing that is always overlooked is the vibration capabilities of the controllers and I have complained about this since my first post on PESfan almost 7 years ago. Konami really need to utilise this. I wouldn't mind feeling a player getting injured from a hectic challenge, where the vibration just about confirms that he s injured or that nerves that you feel when you're about to take a penalty or just kicking off a big match.
The vibration function just adds to the overall experience and helps the immersiveness (is that even a word?) Remember how motorstorm 1 changed so much after SONY finally decided that it was wrong to leave the dualshock out of the sixaxis?

FIFA wastes the technology on the ball hitting the post but have started to use it in penalties for the WC game.

Immersion is the state of consciousness where an immersant's awareness of physical self is diminished or lost by being surrounded in an engrossing total environment; often artificial.

Even FIFA uses vibration, but only when the ball strikes the goal posts.

Adam:

Did want to let you guys know, licensed stadiums hasn't been increased by that much, we're looking at around 25/26.

From a decent source.

I'm upset, for sure, but if the stadium editor is everything we hope for its not THAT bad.

Until PES becomes good again (in the view of the general population), WENB is screwed. They are clearly partisan, and HAVE to be so - and that will always clash horribly with a poor release.

Yeah, it's a nice way of saying 'if WENB say "PES is back" every year, then they'll only seem reliable when PES is back'. ;)

Still, all the positive vibes are encouraging.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's a nice way of saying 'if WENB say "PES is back" every year, then they'll only seem reliable when PES is back'. ;)

Still, all the positive vibes are encouraging.

I know this is a cliche by now, but they only got near to say that PES was back last year. Although they didn't got to claim it, only people in the forums said this lots of times.

I know this is a cliche by now, but they only got near to say that PES was back last year. Although they didn't got to claim it, only people in the forums said this lots of times.

I know, I'm only joshing. They do tend to get lumped in with all the sites/forumites who post the same.

I know, I'm only joshing. They do tend to get lumped in with all the sites/forumites who post the same.

I think it's only normal that happens, WENB's is pretty much one of the only places where people that are still PES fans can be without being attacked. It's now a "closed" community (which I'm happy to be part of) where everyone respects each-other.

But regardless of it being WENB, you'll see many people saying PES IS BACK. It's a (very) fair statement.

I mean, no one thought about these particular words until last year. No one was prepared to what PES 2008 became, and PES 2009 was "too early" to say this.
And it's a fact that we're getting closer to this. We've had more than proof, that started when Konami admitted they have been "in the shadow" of previous games, and suddenly they noticed they weren't prepared to this generation and that PES wasn't "THE KING" anymore. Now, people telling "THE KING IS BACK" is another thing, and isn't fair, since there can't be an only "KING" anymore.

Really? I distinctly remember them declaring it back.

"And thats when it hit me, PES is back."

I find the whole FSB/WENB/Kitana thing a bit.. questionable. They are nice guys, pleasant, certainly not corrupt, but they rarely dare to question, or to probe. They have far too much of a tendency to be positive-press mouthpieces for EA and Konami. They are typical of gaming press sites - they rely on a good relationship with EA/Konami. This is something you see all across the gaming industry. Everyone, even the big guys like IGN and Gamespot are utterly reliant on the relationship they have with the companies. The more reliant a group is, the more bent their view of reality seems usually.

They can't make the comments which arguably a responsible community site would. To say that they don't criticise would be a lie - but they tend to unleash their criticm cylically - and they always tend to unleash it far too late. By this stage of the year, they've gone back into press mode.

I'm sure to some (including some here who I don't want to offend by the way) did feel that PES was 'back' with PES2010. But for me, it wasn't even close - and to be told that it was by a supposedly respectable community member within the PES community who had got a lot of playtime with the game is not helpful - because most people did not feel it was back. I find it hard to trust either site - but unless they become more responsible as journalists (which they probably can't do for various reasons) they will only be respected when the game they represent happens to be good.

Last edited:
He has been talking sense "lately". He's determined to make WENB a reliable source. Can't blame him can you? Hopefully that will be done this year with a little help of Konami. A good game = fans trust regained.

It's a source but the blatant hyping in the past and his tyrannical zeal to shun all but his most loyal has soiled it I'm afraid to all but the kids and his shirt tail followers as reliable...

Respect is earned not forced and bought...

Last edited:
Ok so... I know I've said this in the past but please people stop relating PES to WENB. Going through your posts I get that impression that WENB make the game, not Konami. Think you're expecting a bit too much from a fansite. Some of you sound bitter like your missus cheated on you. Just let it go mates. And stay on topic please.

Back
Top Bottom