PES 2011 Discussion thread

It just needs the power bar to represent power, and the stick to represent elevation and direction. Easy as that.

It just needs the power bar to represent power, and the stick to represent elevation and direction. Easy as that.

No it doesnt, it's perfect as it is. Why have a power bar to tell you that you have overcooked it, even before the ball is struck ? It takes away all the tension from the outcome of the strike. Alternatively, hitting a sweet-spot and knowing you have found the bottom or top corner before the ball is even addressed, again takes away the thrill of the spot-kick. It's not realistic in my opinion.

Last edited:

nah, i dont want a bar there at all man :) this is what made penalties so boring on fifa from 08-10 because you knew how much to put into every shot to make it perfect. Without a power bar replicates how going for the top corner is an gamble. Like Komono vs Paraguay, you can strike it perfectly but still hit the ball.

There was also a huge bug in pretty much ever PES game from the beginning up until PES 2010 ironicly where it was fixed. The CPU keeper would NEVER! stay in the middle. If you took 100 penalties in practice mode and went down the middle every time, the keeper would save about 4 of those 100 at the most. Go on, test it in pes6 and see the results :)

Thats the one I was talking about Jamez, I'm shit with names. Who is this Gyan fella then ? :CONFUSE:

:LMAO:

For lofted PKs, I just don't understand why Konami de-activates the L1 button then. I thought it was pretty simple to leave it for use in PKs just as it is used in matches. You know, the lofted kicks L1 + square.

Just let us use the L1 in PKs, and we're all set.

Last edited:
:LMAO:

For lofted PKs, I just don't understand why Konami de-activates the L1 button then. I thought it was pretty simple to leave it for use in PKs just as it is used in matches. You know, the lofted kicks L1 + square.

Just let us use the L1 in PKs, and we're all set.

How about just Circle for the lofted little dink penalty Lami ? Exactly the same system, just Circle for the dink and Square for the power shot. Dead easy.

Klash, I thought Gyan was that Uruguan, why I thought that I'll never know, blonde moment. :CONFUSE: :LOL:

To be honest, the penalties in PES have always been a terrible lottery prior to PES 2010, with absolutely no skill required at all. I was all for Konami stealing Fifa's penalty system before PES 2010 as it was so much better. Then Konami created a masterpiece in PES 2010. A system that requires no aiming cursor, no power bar, that lets you hit any part of the goal, subject to correct execution. How is it possible to beat that and mimic real-life penalties any better ? You cant. It's just you, the ball and the goal. Perfect replication of the spot kick, with all the relevant risk v rewards a real-life penalty comes with.

Last edited:
After playing with the penalty system for the last 15-20 minutes in training mode with Spain they MUST change the camera angle. I don't care what people say, that is a poor angle to take a penalty kick from. Im getting used to the power bar and direction and I understand peoples point about always knowing the sweet spot if there was a visual indication but at the very least Konami need to offer the old PK camera view.

After playing with the penalty system for the last 15-20 minutes in training mode with Spain they MUST change the camera angle. I don't care what people say, that is a poor angle to take a penalty kick from. Im getting used to the power bar and direction and I understand peoples point about always knowing the sweet spot if there was a visual indication but at the very least Konami need to offer the old PK camera view.

I must admit, I dont mind that camera angle. It's the view we see from the broadcast camera in real life, although it's not the view the taker obviously gets. It's strange that penalty shoot-outs are done from behind the taker though, but they are from the side during the game. Actually, thinking about it, it's probably because if the keeper saves it, or it hit's the post and comes back out, your already on the correct viewing camera for gameplay. Obviously in a shoot-out the ball cant come back out into open play so they place that camera behind the taker. Makes sense.

For your penalties, how about changing the view yourself by changing the camera angle to up/down pitch just for the penalty ? I'm sure that would put you behind the ball ?

Edit - That penalty above is just ridiculous. The cheeky little monkey.

Last edited:
Please who's that girl in the advatar
Hands off my biyatch, kidding, I can't remember her name....beautiful isn't she?

So what about the master league and the updates screwing up everyones option files, konami needs to fix that. It is disconcerting making kits, faces, emblems and losing it everytime a update comes.

@Jimmy, Who is Gyan?!!....I gather you haven't been watching much World Cup then...tsk, tsk

Last edited:
Shot & Stamina Gauge: In addition to the generic power gauge, the Shot & Stamina meter details the player’s exact level of fitness. Constantly sprinting will affect the player’s movements and will have an adverse affect on his stats, with passes going awry and a loss of pace.

I like this, it will certainly have a detrimental effect on the 'Sprint Whores'. Nice idea Mr Seabass.

Shot & Stamina Gauge: In addition to the generic power gauge, the Shot & Stamina meter details the player’s exact level of fitness. Constantly sprinting will affect the player’s movements and will have an adverse affect on his stats, with passes going awry and a loss of pace.

I like this, it will certainly have a detrimental effect for the sprint whores. Nice idea Mr Seabass.

Has anyone heard any mention of this from the various playtesters? I remember this from the first press release but not heard a mention of it since. Sounds like a great feature, just a bit worried that no-one's talking about it.

Excellent idea that. I was playing online a few nights back and this Portuguese kid was using Real and was very proud of his ability to run at my defence with Cronaldo over and over again, run square to the goal line and score a cut back...for the life of me I couldn't understand the satisfaction he was getting.

Jamez, you can't be surprised, the Journos and the like seem to go into retardation when they playtest, unless of course they are being muzzled and one let it slip.

Has anyone heard any mention of this from the various playtesters? I remember this from the first press release but not heard a mention of it since. Sounds like a great feature, just a bit worried that no-one's talking about it.

From the PESFAN Q&A:

"I noticed that stamina drained when a player was hammered - i tried chasing Fury all over for a brief period, and could see the stamina/fatigue changing accordingly. Whether that happens as much with players with high 90s stamina is a different thing? "

Hands off my biyatch, kidding, I can't remember her name....beautiful isn't she?

So what about the master league and the updates screwing up everyones option files, konami needs to fix that. It is disconcerting making kits, faces, emblems and losing it everytime a update comes.

@Jimmy, Who is Gyan?!!....I gather you haven't been watching much World Cup then...tsk, tsk

Of course I have, loved it all bar Englands performances. Zee, I struggle to remember what happened 10 minutes ago, :CONFUSE:

I don't think he's talking about Eliza Dushku. Unless the blonde chick in zeem's avatar was also in Dollhouse.

Sorry for the OT Lami. :p

There was also a huge bug in pretty much ever PES game from the beginning up until PES 2010 ironicly where it was fixed. The CPU keeper would NEVER! stay in the middle. If you took 100 penalties in practice mode and went down the middle every time, the keeper would save about 4 of those 100 at the most. Go on, test it in pes6 and see the results :)

I have to disagree. I have had the computer save my PKs by staying in the middle. Often, when i really needed to score, i'd hold down and hit it down the centre, only to be denied by the keeper. And this is all pre-2010 in a lot of ML games.

Hi guys

I am so pleased to hear of all the new improvements but ive not come across anything that suggests they have fixed the awful crowd sound effects?

Any news on this?

Hi guys

I am so pleased to hear of all the new improvements but ive not come across anything that suggests they have fixed the awful crowd sound effects?

Any news on this?

They just need to make the number of custom chants unlimited rather than 64 like it is now. Then we can have real chants for every team and the default crowd noise wont matter so much.

Back
Top Bottom