PES 2011 Discussion thread

Really? I was expecting that it would be the opposite, more realistic and natural on PES 2011 and more stiff and "videogamey" in real life. I guess I was wrong :(
It's slower yes, not completely unrealistic, but it lacks fluidity and smoothness.
But I have to say it is typically "PES" and is certainly one of the best part of the trailer although it can be improved and look more smooth and natural.

The think that really disturbs me is at 0:19 in your video mate. The pass is made, Özil runs, then he suddenly changes his running in a very "violent" turning movement.

Really? I was expecting that it would be the opposite, more realistic and natural on PES 2011 and more stiff and "videogamey" in real life. I guess I was wrong :(

is so robotic that is not normal.
is very slow, too much compared to real life. animations and drawings are very crude.

you can see other types of games, action, racing, platforms are much more fluid ...

many animations look good, but the transitions in the Dodge, or to prevent a rival tour .. I do not like

The game was tested today in madrid

I don't think it helps when the game is zoomed in like that and the speeds are not a 100% as they'ld be ingame lets wait for the demo I reckon.

I was listening to Riots podcast and was impressed to hear the impressions from someone who is genuinely not a PES fanatic then again you shouldn't trust anything off NEWB I'm still waiting for the earth shattering, groundbreaking news for today.

On a side note, I have been playing al ot of FIFA of late, due to the awesomeness that is lag free online but hell, I do not want PES to be like FIFA in any way shape or form. Infront of the poles it still lacks the magic. You can't help feeling like PES gives you the control when on goal and if you miss you tend to blame yourself for the direction or timing. The long range shots in PES are also far superior.
Not to mention FIFA hates Messi...he can't hold the ball for shit unlike the real Messiah.

Please note: I am not trying to start a flame war. These are just my impressions and for the sake of highlighting what the beauty of PES is.

Last edited:
Yep, I don't see nothing wrong either.

Ronaldo has it all.Physique, drive, shooting, dribbling, heading.His passes aren't half bad either.
Messi's stats are justified as well.

Those zoomed and slow-mo videos are not giving us clear view of the situation.I think we should wait for proper gameplay video or the demo.I don't see the point of over-analysing something that won't be close to the real thing in terms of gameplay.

It's slower yes, not completely unrealistic, but it lacks fluidity and smoothness.
But I have to say it is typically "PES" and is certainly one of the best part of the trailer although it can be improved and look more smooth and natural.

The think that really disturbs me is at 0:19 in your video mate. The pass is made, Özil runs, then he suddenly changes his running in a very "violent" turning movement.
Ozil made like 10 touches of the ball in PES but only 3 in real life. It looks weird and unrealistic but it would probably work in-game for quick responsiveness.

As I understand it, you can choose what tricks you want to be able to string together. Then in game you press up, right, bottom or left to start the tricks. So maybe left first, then when that trick is done you press right and so on. Or did I misunderstand this? It seems way too easy to me, also I don't understand how this could work for every player. Surely every player won't be able to do the most advanced tricks? So what if you have a really advanced trick as number two and use it with a bad player?

At least in FIFA you have to do pretty advanced thumb moves which makes it pretty hard to string 4 different tricks together. In PES it seems to be only a flick in one direction.

I can see this could be a potential mess online if they aren't careful with the implementation. Not many wants PES to be played like FIFA Street.

To me it looked like this. You assign a line of tricks to each direction, so, up might be (this would be silly but for the sake fo example): Flip Flap, Roulette, McGeady Turn, Rainbow Flick

You'd press a button (LB) and up on the D-Pad, and it would flip-flap, and if you pressed it again it would then do a roulette, and each time you press it, it will cycle through to the next trick. Almost certain this is what it implies.

I don't like it much. It sounds a bore to set up, and I think FIFA's system works better - though FIFA's has its issues I think the actual control system (and linkage) works quite well.

Ronaldo has it all.Physique, drive, shooting, dribbling, heading.His passes aren't half bad either.

Yes, except the most important aspect: appearances in important games, where the other team has world class defenders. Ronaldo is what latins call "pecho frio" (cold chest LOL), a player that destroys against lesser teams, but disappear in the big games.

Would be great that Konami add a special stat for those players who appear in important matches (Diego Milito, Maicon, Ronaldinho or Kaka in his peak are great examples) or disappear in them (Borriello, Cristiano or Higuain are perfect examples).

It's a good idea but ultimately one that is going to be quite subjective.

It'd work better for ML and should work in both ways (big game player and adverse to big games etc). That said it would only really work if it was more random. Swaying towards the trait but not definitively every single time, just most times.

That kind of unpredictability would knock my socks off.

Last edited:
Yes, except the most important aspect: appearances in important games, where the other team has world class defenders. Ronaldo is what latins call "pecho frio" (cold chest LOL), a player that destroys against lesser teams, but disappear in the big games.

That's not entirely true.On second thought - that's not true at all.

07/08
Arsenal- 2 goals 1 assist
Liverpool - 1 goal
Chelsea - 1 goal [UCL Final + MOTM]

I'm too lazy checking his 08/09 stats but they weren't too bad.

09/10
He had goals against every top 7 side he met except against Barcelona but he was unquestionably Madrid's best player
Valencia - 1 goal in 1 match
Sevilla - 1 goal in 1 match
Mallorca - 3 goals in 2 matches
Villarreal - 2 in 2
and he scored Madrid's only goal in the knock-out stages.
He's hardly the big game bottler he was back 06/07.

Copa Libertadores actually has 40 teams. The video shows the logo of 28 teams, but if you pay attention, the Estudiantes de la Plata's logo isn't in there, though the team is showed. So 29 teams.

However, the game is missing a few important teams that advanced to the Round of 16 in this cup like Sao Paulo, Chivas Guadalajara, and Universitario de Deportes.

Look this :

This is the list of 28 clubs show in the video...

Sls
Polter2k

Last edited:
With regards to the new trick system. SteveM posted this on WENB

Morning,
Just to reassure people, all players can access the skill moves - but with differing levels of success. Let's face it, to have a player like, say, Mark Noble, flicking and styling like Ronaldo destroys belief. But, as in real life, there are certain things he is better at... Defenders are also savvy to such tricks, and the new pressing system means you can prevent players from having the space to try such things.

Just so you know, Asim from GodisaGeek is in tomorrow to see the code, so no doubt he will be posting his thoughts soon after. I was also in Bath showing it off to Future at the end of last week, and it went down very well - even with the FIFA die-hards. Am also up at CVG on Friday to show them it, as there seems to be a growing belief there in the new game. Time will tell, but the response we are getting is phenomenal...

I am roughly ten days from getting the preview builds, which will have all the various modes in - sans ML Online, as it is a little to early at this point. I will endeavour to do a Q&A around that time, so we can answer any specifics.

Thanks for bearing with us.

Steve

Also read Adam and Suff playtest review: http://winningelevenblog.com/blog/wenb-pes-2011-playtest-impressions/

That's not entirely true.On second thought - that's not true at all.

07/08
Arsenal- 2 goals 1 assist
Liverpool - 1 goal
Chelsea - 1 goal [UCL Final + MOTM]haha only 1 goal, the match was horrible, failed penalty

I'm too lazy checking his 08/09 stats but they weren't too bad.

09/10
He had goals against every top 7 side he met except against Barcelona but he was unquestionably Madrid's best player
Valencia - 1 goal in 1 match (medium team)
Sevilla - 1 goal in 1 match (medium team)
Mallorca - 3 goals in 2 matches (small team)
Villarreal - 2 in 2 (small team)
and he scored Madrid's only goal in the knock-out stages.
He's hardly the big game bottler he was back 06/07.

barça - manchester 07/08 0 goals
barça - manchester UCL FINAL 08/09 0 goals
lyon - madrid 09/10 0 goals
barça - madrid 09/10 0 goals
madrid - barça 09/10 0 goals
spain - potugal 2010 0 goals
portugal - brazil 2010 0 goals

and no only no scored, her game is the worst in this matches...

ronaldo only scored front small teams.

No Sir! I am against stat-based one click for everything.

And PES is and will always be based on stats, which is why it is individualistic and unique. Fifa is trying to copy it with their "personality +" approach. So I'm not quite sure what the hell you're on about.

If you're against stat-based football, then I have no idea why you are in here.

Any more of nonsense posts and you'll be labeled a troll from now on. You either debate like the rest of the people on here who talk sense or stay out.

Thank you.

On another note..

SteveM said:
I was also in Bath showing it off to Future at the end of last week, and it went down very well - even with the FIFA die-hards

Stevie you naughty boy
shiftysn1.gif

I think it means like real life anyone can do tricks but there attribrutes will decide how succesful they are.

Also the new denfensive system makes it harder to beat players with tricks so you need the right player and the tight timinmg to beat players.

Best parts for me:

Coming into the playtest, this free passing system worried me, as while it could bring a new way of playing PES, the individuality factor is what has kept me attached to the series. I’m happy to say this philosophy hasn’t been lost in this new adventure. Getting the ball to Alonso was much more beneficial for example, as the accuracy and power was more forgiving than playing the same pass with Marcelo. Me and Suff both agreed there was this feeling the ball seemed to ‘home in’ on the intended target accurately with the better passers, and was always easier to control. The same can be said in playing the ball into space, the better passers in the game really did have an influence in dictating play and control the flow of the game.

Players move with great accuracy and response, without ever feeling unrealistic. As you would expect from PES, well known dribblers like Ronaldo/Messi/Robben naturally feel better when in possession, and they take many more touches of the ball when moving around the pitch, always giving you a feeling you can change direction if needs be.

What pleased me the most was the fact no trick was a sure-fire way of beating an opponent, and the over elaborate ones require the player to perform a few tricks before linking in something like the rainbow, meaning they are easier to anticipate and require more time to pull off.

Konami have stayed true to PES’s philosophy. Bigger stronger players will be able to hold off challenges much better than smaller weak players, obviously, but it all comes down to stats and player positioning.

Especially with response times improved and refs fixed.

Another worry from all the additional animations coming into the playtest was if the response times had been sharpened up since last years obvious problem. Thankfully, the added animations have actually helped matters with response times, giving players more variety in passing and moving into directions when you need to instantly. Same can be said of the R2 stop, with players able to stop much quicker of the ball is close to their feet. This allows players with better technique to be more important in the game.

thankfully the referees are much, much better. During our entire playtest they didn’t make one bad decision, with every obvious foul correctly punished. Same can be said of the less brutal ones, with us both giving away many fouls for being over aggressive when trying to win the ball the back. The advantage rule was also witnessed a few times

Something from PES 2010 I'm happy is still in:

Penalty kicks are still from PES 2010 it seems

YUS!! :SMUG:

Concerns:

players taking a little too long trapping high balls, and taking too long releasing a shot.

Overall sounds VERY good.

They mentioned keepers as another concern. I really hope they are worked on as most of the playtesters have said that the keepers are still a little too 2010. It would be a shame to ruin an otherwise awesome sounding game with bad keepers.

barça - manchester 07/08 0 goals
barça - manchester UCL FINAL 08/09 0 goals
lyon - madrid 09/10 0 goals
barça - madrid 09/10 0 goals
madrid - barça 09/10 0 goals
spain - potugal 2010 0 goals

and no only no scored, her game is the worst in this matches...

ronaldo only scored front small teams.

So you basically chose 7 random matches in which he didn't score yet in some of them he performed at high level.Good one.He scored against all teams making the TOP4 and against the TOP7 of Spain sans Barcelona but he was unquestionably Real's best player at Camp Nou.He was better than his team-mater at Gerland as well.
And since when TO PERFOMER WELL means TO SCORE.:SHOCK: Ronaldo was Madrid's best player last season; and United's best player for the past 3 seasons [alongside Rooney and Vidic].This his consistensy and ability to maintain his performances during the whole campaign.

But I guess Haters gonna hate.

The review is promising but at the same times it's always been the case from WENB.It's always "the best PES ever" until you get your hands on the demo.That's I'm taking with a pinch of salt what was said in the review

So you basically chose 7 random matches in which he didn't score yet in some of them he performed at high level.Good one.He scored against all teams making the TOP4 and against the TOP7 of Spain sans Barcelona but he was unquestionably Real's best player at Camp Nou.He was better than his team-mater at Gerland as well.
And since when TO PERFOMER WELL means TO SCORE.:SHOCK: Ronaldo was Madrid's best player last season; and United's best player for the past 3 seasons [alongside Rooney and Vidic].This his consistensy and ability to maintain his performances during the whole campaign.

But I guess Haters gonna hate.

random matches??
hahahahahahaha

barça - manchester 07/08 0 goals SEMIS ucl
barça - manchester UCL FINAL 08/09 0 goals final UCL
lyon - madrid 09/10 0 goals UCL important match
barça - madrid 09/10 0 goals clasic match, most important match for "la liga"
madrid - barça 09/10 0 goals clasic match, most important match for "la liga" in her stadium
spain - potugal 2010 0 goals another important match, 8º WC2010

random match?? hahah all this matchs in 2009/2010, big team, bad ronaldo, small team, big ronaldo.

it's easy.
bojan krkic scored to sevilla,villarreal too....
pedrito scored alls

ronaldo is only free kicks, and head's goals....no team work, no dribbling (without spaces is worst")

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom