PES 2011 Discussion thread

Now I read that as you can edit the ad boards and the stand tier fronts etc..
As they show in the image I know it does say create your home ground but I think that means through customising of those items!...

I may have missed something but an editor tool is not creator tool...:CONFUSE:

I don't want to come across as negative but I also don't want to be disappointed, it will be a nice touch even if we can only a edit those bits...

Well, it says "that allows users to create their own home ground for use in the game". For me it seems that we can create everything, not only edit the boards.

Regarding the abundance of negative comments regarding the trick system i must say that i like it. If a player is able to do a trick then you shouldn't really struggle to pull it off unless he is tackled during performing it so i've no problem with the simple LT + ONE DIRECTION. Plus it cut to a shot of Ronaldo attempted to do a trick, i hardly think that 95% of players are going to have the plethora of tricks that he will be able to achieve. I'd insist that it is fairly obvious that you won't be able to do rainbow flicks with Van Der Wiel.

One nice touch is that it seems as if from a defending aspect we're going to have to learn how to defend well against tricks which promotes not commiting to challenges all the time (something that ruins football games for me). On the other side of things as an attacker these tricks look as if they are there to help beat the man rather than a fifa street type show off.

I've just noticed 'knock ball on' is included (albeit as a trick). Something that the game needed very much.

Last edited:
Nope, I hope I'm wrong, I'd like both to go down this route especially if they can stick in maybe 8-10 base grounds to work from; it would be too big or crazy to expect a ground up system...

This would be great for the smaller teams who get over looked and lumped with a couple or three grounds that even come close...

Jon Murphy said about BIG secret in edit mode. Do you think he means edit adboards and turfs? I don't think so......

We should be able to edit everything - flags, banners, adboards, turf patterns - the lot. PES has always had a huge editing community so Konami should keep them happy and make their work as easy as possible.

tactic menu reminds me Football manager and i rly like it but animations still looks not as we expected :( I am curious what about colision system what i one of the most important things this year i think.

What's with everything going stat-based? I'd better watch a match on TV then!! Stats should influence my decision not decide for me!! I want to pull off those wonderful passes myself not click a button and forget about what happens next.

Stop playing PES, start playing FIFA is my advice :)

I just wanted to add to all the people being negative, I understand where your coming from but lets give it rest I have been there before and my opinion is this: if the game is not what its all cracked up to be then buy the game for the PC, main reason because of all the incredible modders in this community which makes the game 50% better in my opinion. When I 1st played PES 2010 I was frustrated and felt let down but after mods and patches it is a totally different game very enjoyable.
I am actually kinda of content from all the feedback from people playing the game especially from the news that RIOT gave us who for me is very credible. It seems that Konami has hit the main points from my wish list for PES 2011 which were:
1) Manual Passing (Freedom)
2) Animations Improvement (Smoother and Seamless)
The rest the modders can take care of, as long as Konami give us a strong core gameplay system to work with it should be alright

again just my opinion

- minute 4:34
messi to aguero...aguero to higuain, and goal !!
this is same than argentina's goal, in wc2010 front korea, 4th goal. germany scored many goal sames...

- messi's hair style is more long, than real now

Oh dear. Your in the wrong thread. Again. :COAT:
Surprisingly you are the one who wants the game to decide everything for us!! Perhaps one day you'll suggest using one button and the player decides what to do with ball based on their "decision" stat!!
What? Are you serious?
YES I AM SERIOUS! Why would I want auto delivery of the ball for me? I'd watch real matches if I wanted to see other people deciding how to pass the ball.

Is this the same IGN that gave PES2008 a 9.2?

lol and as i expected the review was shit! Challenge FIFA 10? Fluidity? I swear, is that all a game should be based on? How fluid it is? Do they watch football? PES might aswell pack up and cancel any further editions of the franchise if this is the case. Morons! the lot of them!

Where was the mention of individuality? Or do they believe all players are clones?

lol and as i expected the review was shit! Challenge FIFA 10? Fluidity? I swear, is that all a game should be based on? How fluid it is? Do they watch football? PES might aswell pack up and cancel any further editions of the franchise if this is the case. Morons! the lot of them!

Where was the mention of individuality? Or do they believe all players are clones?

It comes across as a gamers view rather than a football fan's.

Utter nonsense. IGN have the worst views when it comes to football games. This is the same site that scored the atrocious PES 2008 a whopping 9.2/10! Why? Well their name appeared in PES 2008 menus! IGN seem to make their minds up based on who is giving the biggest cheque.

I just wanted to add to all the people being negative, I understand where your coming from but lets give it rest I have been there before and my opinion is this: if the game is not what its all cracked up to be then buy the game for the PC, main reason because of all the incredible modders in this community which makes the game 50% better in my opinion. When I 1st played PES 2010 I was frustrated and felt let down but after mods and patches it is a totally different game very enjoyable.
I am actually kinda of content from all the feedback from people playing the game especially from the news that RIOT gave us who for me is very credible. It seems that Konami has hit the main points from my wish list for PES 2011 which were:
1) Manual Passing (Freedom)
2) Animations Improvement (Smoother and Seamless)
The rest the modders can take care of, as long as Konami give us a strong core gameplay system to work with it should be alright

again just my opinion

Just your opinion but a bloody good one:))

I totally agree with everything you say. I have the kitserver mod and all the right kits, boots and even nets, it makes it a step up from the game itself and would recommend anyone with a decent PC to play it on that format.

All in all, what I have seen, read and heard I feel this is going to be fantastic this year:COOL:

From SteveM (over at WENB):

Afternoon,

Been a bit up against it today, what with everything going on (although I did just hit a 20-yard curler past Cesar, but that's a different matter...), but wanted to point out that two of the people on the IGN round table played the game for a grand total of five mins. They had one game, and then had to go - only Alex and Martin played it for any length of time. And, unsurprisingly, they were the most positive!

I've had code for a couple of weeks now, and even now I am only just starting to get to grips with it. Some of the right stick stuff is simply amazing. Flicking the ball up from a standing position to beat a man, for instance.

Steve

IGN especially their UK branch need to do their job better.

Posted on WENB forums

SteveM wrote:
Afternoon,

Been a bit up against it today, what with everything going on (although I did just hit a 20-yard curler past Cesar, but that's a different matter...), but wanted to point out that two of the people on the IGN round table played the game for a grand total of five mins. They had one game, and then had to go - only Alex and Martin played it for any length of time. And, unsurprisingly, they were the most positive!

I've had code for a couple of weeks now, and even now I am only just starting to get to grips with it. Some of the right stick stuff is simply amazing. Flicking the ball up from a standing position to beat a man, for instance.

Steve

Just your opinion but a bloody good one:))

I totally agree with everything you say. I have the kitserver mod and all the right kits, boots and even nets, it makes it a step up from the game itself and would recommend anyone with a decent PC to play it on that format.

All in all, what I have seen, read and heard I feel this is going to be fantastic this year:COOL:

I trust you use some of my kits :JAY: lol

Posted on WENB forums

SteveM wrote:
Afternoon,

Steve

well he's not going to agree with them and say the games not up to scratch

Posted on WENB forums

SteveM wrote:
Afternoon,

Steve

Posted just above you mate! ;)

well he's not going to agree with them and say the games not up to scratch

Thats not the point though. Its fine if there is negative points, there has to be some. Whats appalling is that IGN have presented their views but no one can honestly make a full opinion on a game still in development over 5 minutes of playtime. Its impossible.

copa libertadores has 32 teams , same as champions league,so konami missing 4 teams

Copa Libertadores actually has 40 teams. The video shows the logo of 28 teams, but if you pay attention, the Estudiantes de la Plata's logo isn't in there, though the team is showed. So 29 teams.

However, the game is missing a few important teams that advanced to the Round of 16 in this cup like Sao Paulo, Chivas Guadalajara, and Universitario de Deportes.

Copa Libertadores actually has 40 teams. The video shows the logo of 28 teams, but if you pay attention, the Estudiantes de la Plata's logo isn't in there, though the team is showed. So 29 teams.

However, the game is missing a few important teams that advanced to the Round of 16 in this cup like Sao Paulo, Chivas Guadalajara, and Universitario de Deportes.

I thought there was 40 teams. I had read it on Wikipedia. Thanks mate! I wonder if Konami will get all the licenses then?

Back
Top Bottom