PES 2011 Discussion thread

^^

Can you take your Ronaldo discussion to PMs as I don't want to read through all this crap in a PES thread.

Thanks.

EDIT: thanks Lami.

Pfff Tell me about it.

About Keepers, I do hope they're improved, but they aren't really bad in Blue Samurai, which I've been playing most recently. Probably that's why it wasn't one of my main concerns from WENB's review. But you're right.

Last edited:
The review is promising but at the same times it's always been the case from WENB.It's always "the best PES ever" until you get your hands on the demo.That's I'm taking with a pinch of salt what was said in the review

I know what you're saying but I think it's clear to see that PES is changing this year. All the previews so far talk of it being a different game. There's no smoke without fire.

People will look cynically on Adam's preview because he has cried wolf so many times now.

The review is promising but at the same times it's always been the case from WENB.It's always "the best PES ever" until you get your hands on the demo.That's I'm taking with a pinch of salt what was said in the review

You're right, except for me this time their impressions are in line with what I've seen and read so far, plus Riot's positivity.

Coming into the playtest, this free passing system worried me, as while it could bring a new way of playing PES, the individuality factor is what has kept me attached to the series. I’m happy to say this philosophy hasn’t been lost in this new adventure. Getting the ball to Alonso was much more beneficial for example, as the accuracy and power was more forgiving than playing the same pass with Marcelo. Me and Suff both agreed there was this feeling the ball seemed to ‘home in’ on the intended target accurately with the better passers, and was always easier to control. The same can be said in playing the ball into space, the better passers in the game really did have an influence in dictating play and control the flow of the game.

Beautiful, music to my ears. Freedom and statistical attributed. Perfect. Oh my, this really is sounding very, very special indeed. :)

This is the exact way I had hoped they would implement it, a much smaller window for manual error for the passing elite. I'm one very happy man. As long as this trick system is open for error for lesser players, I'll be even happier. I just hope it is still Dribbling Accuracy score based. The physical side of the game sounds like it's been upped, and I really love the new defending covering option, with the ability to contain a player on the retreat. It adds a whole new dimension to the defending side of the game, completey timing based, which is exactly how it should be. The ability to sell a defender with a quick drop of the shoulder is exactly what we want to see. The goalkeepers have never really bothered me too much previously. I like to see the odd fumble and spill here and there, it removes any scripted feel that the 'other game' suffers badly from.

It seriously looks like Konami are really upping the benchmark here. Brilliant.

Last edited:
And PES is and will always be based on stats, which is why it is individualistic and unique. Fifa is trying to copy it with their "personality +" approach. So I'm not quite sure what the hell you're on about.

If you're against stat-based football, then I have no idea why you are in here.

Any more of nonsense posts and you'll be labeled a troll from now on. You either debate like the rest of the people on here who talk sense or stay out.

Thank you.
Actually PES just got a power bar for passes. So, I'll be making decisions and stats will influence them unlike what the G guy suggests that we should just click a button and watch the stats work their way into a decision. I've always hated that about PES because it gives no distinction between human players. And now they are changing it so I'm happy for that!

You're right, except for me this time their impressions are in line with what I've seen and read so far, plus Riot's positivity.

I know what you're saying but I think it's clear to see that PES is changing this year. All the previews so far talk of it being a different game. There's no smoke without fire.

People will look cynically on Adam's preview because he has cried wolf so many times now.

Let's just that I'm skeptically positive about the game.Surely it's improving but I cannot be blamed for not wanting to get my hopes too high.
I really hope the changes and improvements will be enough to please.I want PES to get back to its glorious past

Actually PES just got a power bar for passes. So, I'll be making decisions and stats will influence them unlike what the G guy suggests that we should just click a button and watch the stats work their way into a decision. I've always hated that about PES because it gives no distinction between human players. And now they are changing it so I'm happy for that!

You're getting it all wrong. The power bar doesn't mean you'll perfectly place it where you want it without the influence of a player's stats. Stats are there for a reason, you know.

The last line about 'not referencing PES 5/6 anymore' grated with me. I read the exact same about the last two titles and not just from Adam.

It does look very good though. I really hope it isn't just the novelty of it being radically different from previous PES's and will still feel as big an improvement after 3 months.

I hope the penalty system is improved. There needs to be some kind of visual indication of power and the camera was awful!

I hope the penalty system is improved. There needs to be some kind of visual indication of power and the camera was awful!

Really ?

I kind of wish our game had gone to penalties now. :LOL:

I personally feel the new penalty system was easily one of the best new features in PES 2010. It's flawless for me. I love the fact there is no power bar. Although fully manual, the players stats effect the power and direction. I dont want a power bar to tell me I have overcooked it. At present, I know exactly if I may have put too much mustard on the strike. It' the beauty of seeing the outcome that replicates penalties so well. You know in real life if you have slightly pulled your kick, but it's the aftermath that gives you the final answer. This is exactly how this system works. I love the 'feel' rather than a visual aid.

The only confusing element with regards the camera view, is that you either have to push up or down to find the corners in 'game view', or left or right in the 'behind the player' view. Once you understand this, it's genius. At present I can attempt to find any part of the goal I want. The rest is down to my execution. If I get it wrong, I know the reason why, and I know exactly what I did wrong. It's all risk v reward when attempting to find the corners. With even more risk involved when trying to find the top corners. Which is highly realistic, as your not only judging direction, but also height.

Last edited:
I'm off to the community day next week at Konami - please add your input as it's y'all I'm representing - Questions thread.
Done :TU:
Really ?

I personally feel the new penalty system was easily one of the best new features in PES 2010. It's flawless for me. I love the fact there is no power bar. Although fully manual, the players stats effect the power and direction. I dont want a power bar to tell me I have overcooked it. At present, I know exactly if I may have put too much mustard on the strike. It' the beauty of seeing the outcome that replicates penalties so well. You know in real life if you have slightly pulled your kick, but it's the aftermath that gives you the final answer. This is exactly how this system works. I love the 'feel' rather than a visual aid.

The only confusing element with regards the camera view, is that you either have to push up or down to find the corners in 'game view', or left or right in the 'behind the player' view. Once you understand this, it's genius. At present I can attempt to find any part of the goal I want. The rest is down to my execution. If I get it wrong, I know the reason why, and I know exactly what I did wrong. It's all risk v reward when attempting to find the corners. With even more risk involved when trying to find the top corners. Which is highly realistic, as your not only judging direction, but also height.
I'm with you on this one mate. I love it.

Really ?

Its too sensitive though. I can get the power just about right, but then the ball ends up near the corner flag! Regarding the camera angle, there should be an option to have it from the behind view.

You're getting it all wrong. The power bar doesn't mean you'll perfectly place it where you want it without the influence of a player's stats. Stats are there for a reason, you know.
I just said stats should influence them! It's just that G said he doesn't like the power bar. I'm opposing that.

facepalmdz6.jpg

It is too sensitive and the other problem is the goalie - many times the ball is right there to be saved and he touches it but it goes in, that happens too much for me. The GK response also seems a bit off in penalty situations.

On the AI front the CPU wastes to much pk's in games - BAL, hopefully that is tightened up

Its too sensitive though. I can get the power just about right, but then the ball ends up near the corner flag! Regarding the camera angle, there should be an option to have it from the behind view.

If your judging the power bud, then apply the same weight of press for the direction as your player runs up for the strike. On 'Game View', just hold up or down. Practice in training, it really is genius once the full concept is grasped. In fact, I really dont know how it could ever be improved, it's that good. I certainly cant for the life of me think of a more realistic way for this to be bettered.

I do agree that we need better control of the keepers though, far too many times the ball is hit just off centre, or even straight at the keeper and he lets it in.

Last edited:
Manual keeper in PES2010 is sort of a nightmare for me. I've been practicing it a lot recently and found that you can only position the keeper, you can't do any lounges or dive in to get the ball. I can't recall how many free-kicks I let in because of taking control of the keeper.

Its useful for charging tho. Hopefully they'll give more options when we control the keeper in PES2011. Unless they decide to take out the feature, not for the first time. -_-'

If we disregard weird camera positioning for regular-time spot kicks, penalties in 2010 are absolutely fantastic. It's just a matter of practice in training mode.

True, controls are sensitive and you must not hold them too long. In my experience, height is even more sensitive then side direction. If I hold power button for a tad longer than "rather quick" one-two count, the ball will most likely fly over the crossbar. Side arrows seem to be less sensitive - holding it not longer than "rather quick" one-two-three count and the ball goes towards the post.

Another aspect that you have to be aware of is when you have to start to hold buttons - power button starts the run-up, and within the first few run-up steps you have to determine the horizontal angle. Miss that time window and it won't count - most likely you'll get a blast through the middle of the goal.

And here's the best video tutorial for penalties :)
http://www.pesfan.com/pestube/1019/

Would be great that Konami add a special stat for those players who appear in important matches (Diego Milito, Maicon, Ronaldinho or Kaka in his peak are great examples) or disappear in them (Borriello, Cristiano or Higuain are perfect examples).

thats the mentallity stat isn't it?

Just some thoughts on this Cristiano debate

That's not entirely true.On second thought - that's not true at all.

07/08
Arsenal- 2 goals 1 assist
Liverpool - 1 goal
Chelsea - 1 goal [UCL Final + MOTM]

He was rubbish against us in both matches, Liverpool didnt turn up and He had one good half vs chelsea they went missing!

09/10
He had goals against every top 7 side he met except against Barcelona but he was unquestionably Madrid's best player

lol Yeah right! He was average in both matches!

My point is Crisitano isnt the on the same level as a number of top players, he's not close to being the very best, he's just very good, he's not got the brilliance and vision to do it consistently vs top teams unlike others!

Really ?

I agree! :))

Really ?

I think we just need the old "penalty camera" back.

thats the mentallity stat isn't it?

Think mentality and condition come into play during ML, maybe I'm just imagining it.

However a "Big Game" card wouldnt be that bad either - an increase to certain stats (shot and pass accuracy, mentality). There could be a "dice roll" that gives the % increase for the given game.

On the penalties - the ability to loft the ball with less power should also be included - similar to the Gyan shot in the shootout or the Zidane one. - this just needs to be another button press but more sensitive with power and direction than your normal shot.

Think mentality and condition come into play during ML, maybe I'm just imagining it.

However a "Big Game" card wouldnt be that bad either - an increase to certain stats (shot and pass accuracy, mentality). There could be a "dice roll" that gives the % increase for the given game.

On the penalties - the ability to loft the ball with less power should also be included - similar to the Gyan shot in the shootout or the Zidane one. - this just needs to be another button press but more sensitive with power and direction than your normal shot.

I would love that option. I know Fifa has had it for a while, it's time PES stole that one. :)

As for Gyan, I still find it hard to believe he even attempted that. On that stage, with all the pressure, with so much at stake, and he pulls that. Outrageous. I loved it. :)

Back
Top Bottom