PES 2011 Discussion thread

They can add 50 billion animations but it wont take away the horrendous marble on glass table ball physics that are still clearly present.

About Stadium Editor, someone just made a fair point, there's only one stand, looks like a smaller stadium, with those custom 8-bit elements lol.

I'm not too worried about the stadium editor, I think there's plenty more to come from this feature, it's not been fully revealed so far. The screenshot with the stupid 8-bit clip-art pasted along the front of the stand is very odd but I'm sure it's just been done to show that you can edit the adboards.

The bit that does worry me is in the press release where it says the editor allows you to create your home ground, as if you can only make the one stadium.

I'm not too worried about the stadium editor, I think there's plenty more to come from this feature, it's not been fully revealed so far. The screenshot with the stupid 8-bit clip-art pasted along the front of the stand is very odd but I'm sure it's just been done to show that you can edit the adboards.

The bit that does worry me is in the press release where it says the editor allows you to create your home ground, as if you can only make the one stadium.

Uh, missed that. Hope it isn't the case.

Edit: Reading again from the press release, seems to me it's only an example, meaning that with Stadium Editor you can, for example, create your home stadium.

Last edited:
I like this:

PES2011_stadium_x18.jpg

Even if it is generic it's the sort of stadium that's been needed for the Premier League teams.

The gameplay still looks really rigid to me. You can chuck as many tricks and flicks in a video as you like - but it just doesn't seem to flow like the good old days of PES5.

On the tricks front I may have this wrong but is it saying you can link tricks together in the editor so you can use them in game like editable fighting combo's?..

And then pull them off by just a slight movement of the stick?..

PES2011_gameplan_linkfeints_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg

In other words you don't need to do the full button push and stick movement for each individual trick?..

Please tell me I'm wrong...:CONFUSE:

On the tricks front I may have this wrong but is it saying you can link tricks together in the editor so you can use them in game like editable fighting combo's?..

In other words you don't need to do the full button push and stick movement for each individual trick?..

What it is it seems you have 16 slots, 4 for each direction on the right stick.

Seems hard to explain actually :TTTH:

I do like this picture a lot:
wc_France.jpg

Still konami's dry techfit kit's are nothing compared to mine :JAY:

Last edited:

You're supposed to be able to link them and map them to single keys yes, and some reports from E3 said that, although this made it easier to perform tricks, don't get it wrong, you will still need alot of timing and most of times it won't work. I think this is obvious, if you link tricks together and you can't interrupt them, will be easy for the defense to clear it properly.

And before anyone says it, yes in the video it seems easy, but that's the point, they are showcasing it.

I recommend everyone who has questions to make about gameplay, to head over to PESFAN, they are doing a "real-time" Q&A on the boards.

Last edited:

You're wrong......I think.

You can link tricks together during play as you can in Fifa, and the tricks are assigned to the right stick, but you can't create a combo-move in the editor. Or at least that's my understanding.

Ball motion really does still look unreal & sticky; the ball still seems to constantly roll back and forth whilst moving forward. Am still seeing the usual uncorrelated, non-contextual animations creeping in there plenty times. [i.e. stuff like Deco's pass (~1:55)& Mascherano (~3:57)]. 360 Degree movement? I'm not sure at all, game still looks like it could or is being played with the D-PAD with some sharp angular turns.

Animations are much improved from PES 10 but also seeing the usual jittery player movements, especially off the ball controlled players. Some decent animations & some very PES 2010 ones still in there, very uncanny valley. Can't see the whole analogue player acceleration that was mentioned fundamental to how players move, still appears to be between jogging and sprinting. In all it doesn't look fluid enough, suspect the rigidity will be still very entrenched.

Seems like they continue to progress in presentation and the tactics screens seem expansive ... actually this looks like the one section I can see they've really worked on.

'sigh' I think this year's game will be playable but not convinced they will have done enough by release date. They still have it all to prove & the demo continues to be pivotal.

Also, if they think that is what is meant by a stadium editor ; they're in trouble

You're supposed to be able to link them and map them to single keys yes, and some reports from E3 said that, although this made it easier to perform tricks, don't get it wrong, you will still need alot of timing and most of times it won't work. I think this is obvious, if you link tricks together and you can't interrupt them, will be easy for the defense to clear it properly.

And before anyone says it, yes in the video it seems easy, but that's the point, they are showcasing it.

Don't get me wrong I've not seen it in action obviously but I don't like the sound of that at all, why not let the player just try to pull two or three tricks on the bounce as it were, if they want?..
Simplifying it, even if it is hard to pull them all off seems the wrong way to go to me and you'll end up with trick filled messes, even if they only get through the first parts of their combo's...

George Washington from mount rushmore calling blue 'o's out of his mouth.

http://editor.pesfan.com/PES2011/teaser/PES2011_editStadium.jpg

Komani, seriously?

anyway is i just me o do the nets look different in this picture here (more premiership like?)
http://editor.pesfan.com/PES2011/teaser/PES2011_stadium_x18.jpg

From PESFAN boss on ball physics:

During the play test Fury commented to me at how impressed he was with the ball physics, he said it was so much better than any previous PES, how the ball bobbled along the pitch and so on. But I'm sure you can ask him yourself in the Q & A

George Washington from mount rushmore calling blue 'o's out of his mouth.

http://editor.pesfan.com/PES2011/teaser/PES2011_editStadium.jpg

Komani, seriously?

anyway is i just me o do the nets look different in this picture here (more premiership like?)
http://editor.pesfan.com/PES2011/teaser/PES2011_stadium_x18.jpg

No the nets looks the same as Pes 2010.

Explanation of the screens:

PES 2011

1st look - screen description

The following is short description of each screenshot:

BAL_manager001.bmp In the Become a Legend mode, your manager instructs you how to play today before the match. "STREMER" is a player name, not a typo for your information.
BAL_manager002.bmp In the Become a Legend mode, your task will be displayed to remind you at the kick-off.
gameplan_editmanager.bmp In the Manager Edit, users can set particular tactics on time scale.
gameplan_linkfeints.bmp On this setting screen, users can assign favourite skills as they wish. Maximum 4 feints can be linked and performed. Designs are not final.
kickoff.bmp New camera positioning at the kick-off
linkfeints.bmp Wireframe illustrates an example on how feints are linked
Portugal vs Italy.bmp Portugal vs Italy
stadium_x18.bmp A fake stadia screen
stadiumEditor.bmp Shows an example of edited stadium. One of Konami shooting games is used as theme here.

Also, the following is additional explanation that could be of help for press to understand screenshots more properly.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Become a Legend screens:
fle_BAL_manager001.bmp
fle_BAL_manager002.bmp

In the locker room, manager gives you clear instructions on tactics to be used, your tasks, expected play area on the pitch, and player you have to mark, etc. Instructions change depending on situation of your team.
Manager gives you feedback on your achievement of given tasks including play area and tactics for you after the match. And you will receive evaluation message and rating from the manager. In the Become a Legend mode, users will be able to play with clear objectives during the game this year. Users also will be able to recognise how much trust your manager has in you and level of your contribution to the team. This will make users have a sense of accomplishment after the match.

For Manager Edit screen
fle_gameplan_editmanager.bmp

Users can register your desired tactic to implement automatically by scoreline (if your team leads/ties/trails). Users also can set up to 2 tactics and can activate them as wish on match time scale before match starts. Tactics include "long ball for a quick break", "Centre back overlap", "Switch sides and attack", etc.
Users can additionally set automated activation of "Offside trap" and "Player substitution" within the Edit.
Detailed gameplanning before the match allows users to concentrate on playing the match at an unprecedented level.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back
Top Bottom