PES 2011 Discussion thread

dosent matter 10-11 because all are same,watch the trailer again,the way they run,the keepers,shots and yes the ball psyhic is just the same,good graphics or animations dosent make any sense if the gameplay is sucks..nothing can beat Pes6 on pc..

Thats the spirit! :YAWN:

dosent matter 10-11 because all are same,watch the trailer again,the way they run,the keepers,shots and yes the ball psyhic is just the same,good graphics or animations dosent make any sense if the gameplay is sucks..nothing can beat Pes6 on pc..

Fine, Keep living in 2006, be sure to stay out of 2010/11.

I'm not going to argue its worse than 2010! It yes, certainly looks 'miles better', but without turning this into the inevitable argument, FIFA looks more flowing and natural now when you compare the 2.

Shame thats all that's good about fifa. It looks natural and flows well but thats it! the game is a complete mess! Just come back from being round a close family friends house today, we all played on FIFA 10, even a friend who loves FIFA 10 admits it's not a simulation! He just likes how the game flows. Don't even get me started on the AI, skills are nice, but it's just awful, cartoon football! Thats why us simulation players stick it out with the average and robotic PES 2010

PES will always look stiff when compared to Fifa. Konami seek substance over style first and foremost.

Would disagree, i don't think Konami mean to make PES robotic, PES 2-6 didn't seem robotic to me at all. I just think the technology they were working with from PES 2008-2010 was very limited tbh.

They do need to sort it out very soon and they have looked to have done this with PES 2011 since animations seems to be very high on the priority list of gamers these days.

Northzz is right though, FIFA 10 is too slick, like i said before about the 'skilled' dribbling? What, more like ice skating to me :SHOCK: ,

For any one that knows football,u can see in real life players dont move smoothly like ballerinas, i hope pes 2011 isnt smooth cause it will turn me off

I remember someone had that as his signature.

No need to say that abubuu. None is for men and boys. Its all up to taste.

Adam's latest hint:

Next week, news will be BALanced, with viVID details about the game. MANY IMAGinE a time where there will be no need for embargoes and secrecy, with SURPRISES finally UNVEILED.

All the usual stuff:

Become A Legend news,
Video,
Images,
Surprises announced.

That's some heavy load.. I wonder what BAL will be about, I hope it's not only using real currency instead of points. I'd like to see myself playing the opponent team's reserves instead of training match after training match. Probably add training sessions and give us the option to attend or not, which would affect our fitness and Manager's trust level.

I hear BAL is a getting a major upgrade this year. You will now be able to play as any outfield player (not the GK).

Would disagree, i don't think Konami mean to make PES robotic, PES 2-6 didn't seem robotic to me at all. I just think the technology they were working with from PES 2008-2010 was very limited tbh.

They do need to sort it out very soon and they have looked to have done this with PES 2011 since animations seems to be very high on the priority list of gamers these days.

Northzz is right though, FIFA 10 is too slick, like i said before about the 'skilled' dribbling? What, more like ice skating to me :SHOCK: ,

That was my point. Also my statement, if you flip that coin over, you'll see what I was getting at. ;)

Last edited:
That's good, but I hope that's not only it.

Does the BAL online mode in PES count as BAL? I hope not, because it could be just about the online part then. I hope Konami keeps the old school spirit and focus on offline modes.

Northzz is right though, FIFA 10 is too slick

FIFA 10 is, definitely. FIFA 11 isn't.

I thought this was a PES 2011 thread? ;)

BAL news should be interesting. Haven't tried BAL once, but if the gameplay's any good at long last then fingers crossed the defending positions are in 2011 - I get a real kick out of defending in football games. It's pretty odd how Konami approached that.

Last edited:
Does the BAL online mode in PES count as BAL? I hope not, because it could be just about the online part then. I hope Konami keeps the old school spirit and focus on offline modes.
Don't think so. The online part where you take your BAL player online is called Legends, so if it was about online they would've mentioned Legends instead, I guess.
That's a really odd decision by Konami. I guess 90% of people wouldn't play as defenders, but I think playing as a Dani Alves style attacking full-back could be good fun.

Not sure why they did that. Maybe they thought everyone wants to score goals. I'd like to try a different challenge and be a CB for a change.

That's a really odd decision by Konami. I guess 90% of people wouldn't play as defenders, but I think playing as a Dani Alves style attacking full-back could be good fun.

Agree, it's too odd. Especially when in previous PES you could choose to play in any position you wanted, even goalkeeper. I guess they were too lazy to create storylines for defenders and goalkeepers. And tbh BAL really needs an overhaul. The simple fact that the only way you can be first team player and have good ratings is scoring goals and making direct assists makes it stupid.

What they need is for us to make online clubs (with use of the edit mode) with our BAL players and let our friends join so we can have 5v5+ matches.

FIFA 10 is, definitely. FIFA 11 isn't.

I thought this was a PES 2011 thread? ;)

BAL news should be interesting. Haven't tried BAL once, but if the gameplay's any good at long last then fingers crossed the defending positions are in 2011 - I get a real kick out of defending in football games. It's pretty odd how Konami approached that.

Yes it is Rom, and that also isnt open for debate. :LOL:

Agree, it's too odd. Especially when in previous PES you could choose to play in any position you wanted, even goalkeeper. I guess they were too lazy to create storylines for defenders and goalkeepers. And tbh BAL really needs an overhaul. The simple fact that the only way you can be first team player and have good ratings is scoring goals and making direct assists makes it stupid.

Not really mate. I play as a DMF and all I do is make sure I break down attacks and pass (completed passes) as much as I can.

Not really mate. I play as a DMF and all I do is make sure I break down attacks and pass (completed passes) as much as I can.

And I was in the first team (full on coach meter) as a striker without any goals or assists first season. I think it is too easy to get a guaranteed spot in the first eleven when you're just 17 with under 60 in overall ratings.

Edit: maybe I should point out that it was even early in the first season, I actually did assists and scored goals later on ;)

Edit 2: What they should do is maybe implement a hardcore(realistic) mode so that you can choose to play that or a more easier mode like it is currently. Because I know they'll never make it more realistic because people want pick up and play, not sit on the bench every game.

Last edited:
Corrected. ;)
+1

And you got into the first team easy? Ever got MVP just with that?
Yep, and MIP as well :)

And I was in the first team (full on coach meter) as a striker without any goals or assists first season. I think it is too easy to get a guaranteed spot in the first eleven when you're just 17 with under 60 in overall ratings.

Edit: maybe I should point out that it was even early in the first season, I actually did assists and scored goals later on ;)

Edit 2: What they should do is maybe implement a hardcore(realistic) mode so that you can choose to play that or a more easier mode like it is currently. Because I know they'll never make it more realistic because people want pick up and play, not sit on the bench every game.

Where you playing for a weaker team? I realized I get first team spot easier with weaker teams in my first season.

Back
Top Bottom