PES 2011 Discussion thread

Nice stuff, finally EA isn't thinking about the money only. Or maybe they are. They realized that a next-gen version may actually sell some copies, unlike the old-gen shit that sells absolutely nothing.

But I'm a bit pissed off that now that I've joined the dark side of console players, the game will be the same on the PC lol. (Actually there's a second reason, my PC can't run shit lol).

I've moved irrelevant posts regarding Fifa to the right thread. This isn't the Fifa news and discussion thread.

Thank you.

From Adam:

Back!

Yeh huge week next week, not just for impressions.

I'm happy to say, next week is going to be another defining moment in the run up to release. When it hits, everyone's going to erupt.

I'll delve a little further when I can, but expect the kind of things you would from a major games show.

La Liga is the most overrated league shortly followed by the EPL (although i personally do like the EPL)

Where do the 'best leagues' claims and generally amount of hype regarding both leagues stem from though? SKY SPORTS! (who hold the rights to show both)

Surely 'better' would be defined as the most enjoyable to watch when taking in everything and really La Liga isn't enjoyable to watch when you know which team will win 19 times out of 20.

It's not as good as it was back in the early 2000's when Barca and Real didn't have the dream teams they have now! and you had a mean sides like Valencia, Deportivo, Betis and for about five minutes Real Soceidad. The title race has been a two horse race the last two seasons and it's clear the others just can't cope finacially but the 18 teams are not only good to watch. Its HIGHLY competitive between them!

I love the relegation battle where each year its about of of about 10-12 different teams fighting against the drop :CONFUSE: Betis who were a good side in 2008-09 went down! Shows that the other 18 teams in la liga are very strong but i can't blame them really for not being able to compete witht he two dream teams up top :))

The Bundersliga is more exciting though since any 1 out of about 6-7 teams could realistically win the title :) not to mention the crowds etc... imo it will very soon overtake the Premiership again in terms of quality. The Premiership is on the way down, heavily wrapped in huge debt and it doesn't develop any young national talent unlike the other leagues!

Nice stuff, finally EA isn't thinking about the money only. Or maybe they are. They realized that a next-gen version may actually sell some copies, unlike the old-gen shit that sells absolutely nothing.

But I'm a bit pissed off that now that I've joined the dark side of console players, the game will be the same on the PC lol. (Actually there's a second reason, my PC can't run shit lol).

pc version of fifa 11 same as console version? pm me the link

pc version of fifa 11 same as console version? pm me the link

Check the Fifa 11 thread Jonney.

Since online master league is already known, you're right on that! Dunno actually, maybe a new video showing new stuff... Game mods would be cool.

And any info on offline ML would be good. Would also like to know more on edit mode since I've just done editing EPL kits in WE: Blue Samurai, because I'm definitely interested in unlimited slots.

Last edited:
It's not as good as it was back in the early 2000's when Barca and Real didn't have the dream teams they have now! and you had a mean sides like Valencia, Deportivo, Betis and for about five minutes Real Soceidad. The title race has been a two horse race the last two seasons and it's clear the others just can't cope finacially but the 18 teams are not only good to watch. Its HIGHLY competitive between them!

I love the relegation battle where each year its about of of about 10-12 different teams fighting against the drop :CONFUSE: Betis who were a good side in 2008-09 went down! Shows that the other 18 teams in la liga are very strong but i can't blame them really for not being able to compete witht he two dream teams up top :))

The Bundersliga is more exciting though since any 1 out of about 6-7 teams could realistically win the title :) not to mention the crowds etc... imo it will very soon overtake the Premiership again in terms of quality. The Premiership is on the way down, heavily wrapped in huge debt and it doesn't develop any young national talent unlike the other leagues!

Those Valencia teams from the Early 00s were awesome. Hector Cuper was great manager. When Depor won the title in 2000, It was great to watch. JuanCa Valeron and Diego Tristan were great.

After Barca and Real, The starting 11 of teams is good, the problem is that there is no depth in the bench for those teams to go on a full season, the same way Barca and Madrid can have injuries and still have quality coming off the bench. It comes down to money. Also the Media is so polarized in Spain over Barca v Madrid that all the second tier teams dont get as much attention as they should...AKA Valencia championship type numbers last year except for the fact that Madrid and Barca went on to over 90 points.

I agree the Bundesliga is the league on the way up because of their good financial situation and their youngsters.

I hear all about the disparity in La liga, but Chelsea dominated and scored some of the biggest routs I've seen in modern football, so I would be hesistant to say the disparity is as ridiculous as some make it out to be.

Wish I was there, would've definitely gone.

Unless someone wants to pay for my plane ticket and accommodation
shiftysn1.gif

I really hope they did something about set piece play, an area that I feel PES really needs to update for next-gen.

-choosing players on posts
-choosing forwards who can be used to defend corners/free kicks

Something like FIFA's set piece editor, only better.

Hope it works out for you really.

I'd love to go but can't afford a trip to London at the moment. Moving home is draining all my resources.

Sounds like there's a very limited number of spaces anyway. But it would be great if we had a representative from evo-web there as it sounds like people from the other PES sites are going. Konami must be really confident to show the game to the public this early.

All this next gen talk and how many of you are on next gen?,none!,unless you own a pc :P ,(thats up to date of course) :P..anyways here's hoping for 2 good football games this year instead of just 1 half decent one with a new name.

All this next gen talk and how many of you are on next gen?,none!,unless you own a pc :P ,(thats up to date of course) :P..anyways here's hoping for 2 good football games this year instead of just 1 half decent one with a new name.

Yeah we always say "next-gen" but it's current gen llol, these consoles are not as powerful as PC's can be now.

I'd happily suit up but doubt I could tell you in enough detail exactly what has changed between 11 and 10. Getting to an from Guildford almost saw me sleeping rough for the night having missed about 5 trains back to Brighton... I probably wouldn't be as drunk to be fair..

I would go as Central London is only a 15 minute train journey from where I live but sadly I cant seem to log on to Pesfan! Oh well.

Hoping it is something "erupting".

I'd be royally pissed off if that 'erupting' thing happens to be in Iceland yet again:R1 :D

Your [not yours, Lami] FIFAvPES debates are so childish and ridiculous I'd like to add.You're arguing over a bloody video GAME, VIDEO GAME!! It's not like it's something significant or of such great importance, goddamit.Of course, sarcastic comment here and there to cheer someone up is not bad but come on..your arguments are getting out of hand [and if you ask Robert Green - they are crossing the bloody line :D]

Back
Top Bottom