PES 2011 Discussion thread

Depends how you define 'better'? The best players are in the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga, but the Bundesliga is the most competitive (i.e. not a two horse race) and the best run, with the best stadia and the best supporters.

La Liga > Bundesliga > EPL is what he's saying. Doesn't seem impossible to me. Not saying I agree but I could see a case for it.

Well we all know the top 4 leagues in Europe are EPL, Bundes, La Liga and Serie A. Which is better is then a matter of taste. I prefer Serie A and EPL over LA Liga and Bundesliga for example.

I don't like La Liga (the same way I don't like my own country league, 3/4 top teams and the rest just sucks). I like EPL and Serie A. I don't know Bundesliga that well but I do know it's one of the more competitive, which is good.

Depends how you define 'better'? The best players are in the Premier League, Serie A and La Liga, but the Bundesliga is the most competitive (i.e. not a two horse race) and the best run, with the best stadia and the best supporters.

Well, of course this is a very subjective discussion. I agree that La Liga and Premier League has a lot of the best players (not Serie A though - except for Inter they're about at the same level as Ligue 1 IMO). But I'm talking overall package - not just which league has the best players and the best top teams, but everything - the standard of the other teams, the way the play, the crowd, the stadiums etc etc and then the Bundesliga is definitely better. The definition of "better" probably isn't the same for all of us, but for me Bundesliga is definitely better than Premier League.

For me, it goes: 1.Bundesliga - 2.La Liga - 3.Premier League

La Liga is the most overrated league shortly followed by the EPL (although i personally do like the EPL)

Where do the 'best leagues' claims and generally amount of hype regarding both leagues stem from though? SKY SPORTS! (who hold the rights to show both)

Surely 'better' would be defined as the most enjoyable to watch when taking in everything and really La Liga isn't enjoyable to watch when you know which team will win 19 times out of 20.

Last edited:
Surely 'better' would be defined as the most enjoyable to watch when taking in everything and really La Liga isn't enjoyable to watch when you know which team will win 19 times out of 20.
It's good for bets, I gotta say :D

About leagues I think it's nearly impossible to tell which league is better or worse than another when you're comparing these top leagues.
They have different pros and cons and I think everyone will find one which he can enjoy watching :)

La Liga is the most overrated league shortly followed by the EPL (although i personally do like the EPL)

Where do the 'best leagues' claims and generally amount of hype regarding both leagues stem from though? SKY SPORTS! (who hold the rights to show both)

Did you see the last day of games in La Liga, I could not have been more exciting, the title race mixed with relegation all in one huge package....Oh and the day before, the way Sevilla got the last CL spot available!

La Liga is my personal favorite, but you don't have to say one is crap, its an opinion thing. I personally enjoy Bundesliga alot, the crowds are awesome and it gets dramatic at times.

All 4 leagues I follow closely and enjoy.

Bundesliga is overall a better championship than La Liga and at the same excitement level as the Premier. Attacking football from most teams, great scores, great stadiums, great atmosphere, and a minimum of 4 title contenders every year. Fantastic league to follow. Top,top league! Very underrated...

Can't help but feel this is down to us not telling konami to put stuf like this back in.

Sort of thing which completley slips your mind even though it's standard!

Think i need and many others need to put a large enphysis on 'the fine details' for PES 2012

Stuff like:
Degrading pitches
Muddy/wet shirts
Realtime daylight changes
Snow and variable weather condition changes
Flares, huge flags and banners in crowd like with PES5

Approprate crowds for Clubs/national teams:

National team supporters are very party like, especially the africans who are made. Like it's a festival!

Club teams with their regular type of fans they the ultras side which vary in different countries.

These things listed are all 'little issues' but once the gameplay is sorted, i think these really do need to be implemented :)

Totally agree, once game play issues are sorted Konami should definitely assign a small group of team to implement these type of details into the game that at the end off the day can make all the difference from an "authentic" feel point of view...for example RED DEAD REDEMPTION immerses you deep into the game because of their attention to detail (incredible)...I would like to see things like mentioned above.

Well we all know the top 4 leagues in Europe are EPL, Bundes, La Liga and Serie A. Which is better is then a matter of taste. I prefer Serie A and EPL over LA Liga and Bundesliga for example.

I think EPL is far better but La liga is second followed by the Bundesliga and then Serie A, Italian soccer got way too defensive...more than usual. But you can't beat the emotion and fight you see in the EPL, but the Bundesliga is very satisfying to see because of the tactics implemented by each team ,which they all seem to go out and try and win every game no matter what position in the table they are in (A friend that played in the Bundesliga told me that supposedly a couple years back the league officials got together and told teams to start opting for attacking style soccer because ticket sales were low and it was hurting the development of youth players as well as the national team, at first I laughed at him but then it kind of made sense, good for them if its true)... the only gripe I have with LA LIGA is that it "IS" a two horse race, terrible to watch because every weekend its guess how much Real or Barca are going to win by (and I am a Real Madrid fan) and then they play in Europe and lose because they aren't tested during the season.

Last edited:
Did you see the last day of games in La Liga, I could not have been more exciting, the title race mixed with relegation all in one huge package....Oh and the day before, the way Sevilla got the last CL spot available!.

Yeah the relegation battle was really tight, i had forgotten about that.

My comment was mainly aimed at Real Madrid and Barcelona making the league completely uncompetitive regarding the title.

I went to live games in all 4 leagues. Gotta say EPL is still on top (great fooball, great crowds), bundesliga took second spot (good football, great crowds). Then italian (tight football, very good crowds). As far as the spanish league goes, one of the most boring and dull experiences you can have. good football but with little passion, bad crowds.

Well , EA make huge edit mode this time , perhaps because they have lost a licences of some Key League, like La Liga or EPL or Bungesliga ! And I saw on the one of the screens some Spanish team whit the fake name , the lost La Liga ? Or just they show how you can create the team .
I do not know, just guess !

P.S. any of you watching FIRSTPLAY 14 of PSN ?

Last edited:
Well , EA make huge edit mode this time , perhaps because they have lost a Rights of some Key League like La Liga or EPL or Bungesliga ! And I saw on the one of the screens some Spanish team whit the fake name , the lost La Liga ? Or just they show how you can create the team .
I do not know, just guess !

P.S. any of you watching FIRSTPLAY 14 of PSN ?

I doubt either company could make it so you could create like for like kits etc, as they would be in trouble over the licences...

How can all this talk of great leagues happen and the SPL isn't mentioned once????

nobody knock the spl,ok so yes its been dominated by celtic and rangers for now on 20 years,future's bright future's tangerine :-P

I think EA have too much of an monopaly on the Mexico team, and the USA team aswell

It sucks if that's true...I'd really love to see more NT's from the Americas licensed in PES 2011. Mostly the USA...but also Mexico,Chile,Paraguay,and Uruguay.

Just like last year,I'm gonna keeping e-mailing the USSF about it. :P

Back
Top Bottom