PES 2011 Discussion thread

Konami's PR tactic is really crap. It's really not even PR to keep everything in secret. They should keep the fans excited by giving some kind of info regularly. Or they could do some kind of developer diary thing to tell us how the game is coming along.

It seems that this year we are going to have a good game with lots of updates, so they should have many things to be proud of and show gamers. If they really don't want to tell anything about the game (I really can't think of any good reason for taht) they could at least release new screenshots every now and then. Even that would create hype and keep Pes on people's lips.

^ This.

I don't think it matters that EA are not showing anything right now. They don't have to as FIFA is dominating the sales charts and is the darling of the games media. PES has much to prove and fans to win back. Withholding information for long periods of time doesn't make sense when trying to promote a struggling brand.

Thanks for the update. He's confirmed podcast 100 will be next week so they must have played the game. So I guess the embargo ends next week and they can talk about the latest build?

I must be the only one that actually loves all this latest build palava. The final game is always alot different to the demo's, and then with Winning Eleven after it, it's nice to see the constant progression. I wonder what % build it was ? :LOL:

PR is for making people aware of the product and awaking t he interesst in the right time. So basicly it is for people who are not constantly waiting for news, otherwise there would't be any need for a buiseness like PR. People like us who are here for ever and waiting, out of the focus. So pelease stop sayig "Konami PR suck, there is no news" cliche. We are waiting for news to ease our pain, we are alredy interested, we are already sold, even there is no PR, we will buy the game anyway. So again, Konami PR's focus is not us!
(Sorry for the english, hope you understand)

I must be the only one that actually loves all this latest build palava. The final game is always alot different to the demo's, and then with Winning Eleven after it, it's nice to see the constant progression. I wonder what % build it was ? :LOL:
I will not be mislead again by the % of the build. I have learned from others mistakes :BYE:

I will not be mislead again by the % of the build. I have learned from others mistakes :BYE:
Build percentages are normal mate. It's just a project, the finished product would definitely be different from when you're at the middle of it. Thing is, in programming and coding we should know what each percentage stand for. For example, 30% should mean they got the fundamentals laid, 70% should mean game coding is almost done and only needs to be refined plus the graphical and licensing side stuff left. This is only an example.

Problem isn't with Konami here, the problem lies with the people who play different codes and report to us. They should tell us exactly what they have played and not get too excited and blow out of proportion.

After the bad experiences 06, 08 and 09( not so in 2010, but even so), Konami should thank the gods we still care about their product.We all loved their product in the old generation consoles, but in current gen they have been second in quality, sales and attention. Being so and with the signs that their fifth attempt will finally bring the old magic back, i was hoping Konami proudly and groundbreakingly kept us well informed about their efforts and development on a constant,no more bullshit basis, gaining our trust, respect and our Euros, by letting us fans, be a dynamic base of constructing feedback and criticism. These days it is not to much to ask. Konami will fail again if they do not match the "agressive" Fifa approach to PR; not only saleswise but also in momentum... I say: we must see the true colours of this effort well before it hits the shelves. What is being put in, what is being left out and why it is so! I can´t stand another year of those "was left out because we needed to focus on the new things" excuses,because in truth nobody knows who decided or forgotten what; being these things normally, options who made it easier or harder to enjoy...So, sell your shit, but sell it the right way, for it will sell anyway! That´s my two cents on the matter...

I'm sure the main problem is not Konami or for that matter EA, more the people who need the public to visit and follow them in order to gain from it, then it becomes more important to hype the thing to within an inch of it's life...

I'm sure Konami and EA both, shall we say bend the truth and then just add the old stanby of "we tried to get that in before release but ran out of time"... :PIRATE:

I'm sure Konami and EA both, shall we say bend the truth and then just add the old stanby of "we tried to get that in before release but ran out of time"... :PIRATE:

This is why I'm all for waiting til both release products that have everything in, not release it every year at the same time only because they have to. I can live with DLCs of new rosters, balls etc.

Regarding PR, Konami hasn't even got a dedicated website for PES2011 and I find that unbelievable. All the rest of this year's upcoming sports titles have a website. Surely it's important to have an official site as a focal point for all the news, press releases, screenshots and videos released so far, rather than getting the info second-hand from the gaming media and fansites?

Regarding PR, Konami hasn't even got a dedicated website for PES2011 and I find that unbelievable. All the rest of this year's upcoming sports titles have a website. Surely it's important to have an official site as a focal point for all the news, press releases, screenshots and videos released so far, rather than getting the info second-hand from the gaming media and fansites?

Exactly. Good point Jamezinho, exactly what i mean. Excuses for this and that are getting thin! It´s time to move on. We´ll always complain about the representation of the sport in its core,for it is an hard thing to achieve, but other things can and should be done with "our" approval, having us way less frustrated by the mishaps or lack of features. Informing the fans is of the utmost importance nowadays for a videogame. Fell once out of love for PES because of the lies and lack of ambition. I´m back on the train but i´m also a much lesser believer and/or forgiver. Hoping for the best nevertheless.

I think Konami are doing things differently this year as their much more confident, last year or the year before I presume their would be some news coming out right now as EA weren't. The aim was to avoid EA and release information when they have already had their say.

This year it seems their confident enough and feel the need to compete with FIFA and with no news from EA means no news from Konami, I bet the moment one of them releases a piece of information it won't take long for the other game to respond.

I think Konami are doing things differently this year as their much more confident, last year or the year before I presume their would be some news coming out right now as EA weren't. The aim was to avoid EA and release information when they have already had their say.

This year it seems their confident enough and feel the need to compete with FIFA and with no news from EA means no news from Konami, I bet the moment one of them releases a piece of information it won't take long for the other game to respond.

Videos of things EA are putting into FIFA 11 has been trickling out via twice weekly Youtube/Facebook updates. There's no gameplay, but they're keeping everyone topped up. Konami have ground to a halt by comparison. If they just leaked out little bits and bobs of how they've changed the game they'd keep people happy without giving much away.

Videos of things EA are putting into FIFA 11 has been trickling out via twice weekly Youtube/Facebook updates. There's no gameplay, but they're keeping everyone topped up. Konami have ground to a halt by comparison. If they just leaked out little bits and bobs of how they've changed the game they'd keep people happy without giving much away.

Agreed, even just a couple of fresh screenshots each week would keep everyone talking.

Thanks _anderson
That was a good read. Seems like Jon is all for showing the product off and involving the fans which is very important, as mentioned earlier.

Agree. It almost seems that if the decision was up to him he would be releasing stuff every day. But like he said, there are some people on Konami that fear EA can copy "their precious"... I wonder what's the third secret thought, it has been said that the other two "secrets" are related to licenses and edit mode. So.. What's the third?

I think the third secret was in reference to Master League Online as we known nothing about it and how it works and neither does Jon. He hasn't even seen it yet according to the interview.

I think the third secret was in reference to Master League Online as we known nothing about it and how it works and neither does Jon. He hasn't even seen it yet according to the interview.

No, he said apart from Master League Online that he knows nothing about, there are three secrets that he knows about but can't say a word about.

If Konami hold some videos, screenshots or tiny bits of info with fear of being copied, they better rethink their policy, because what is Fifa if not EA copy of the good things Pro Evo had ,adding the necessary tweaks and tricks to make it look original enough. Fifa got where they are because they admitted Pro Evo was the game to "emulate", and imitated it as much as it could be done without becoming a clone. Won the market this way.

Back
Top Bottom