PES 2011 Discussion thread

I think we have a news drought ahead of us. John Murphy said there is nothing major to come before Gamescom which is over 7 weeks away.

Just a few screenshots will do.:PRAY:

It's only a shame that about 90% of the stuff you mentioned was already in previous PES. But there are many stuff that have been left off over the years. This frustrates me. Jon Murphy on Twitter says he agrees with this kind of stuff, everything should be back on the game, but first they need to get PES it self back, so they are focusing on the core stuff. Will be happy enough if the core is that really that good. I'm sure every fan agrees with this (?).

I do wonder if there will ever come a time when we don't hear things like this, seems every year is some kind of fire fight for both titles, just once I'd like to hear; "yes we have the game pretty much there and we're now adding loads of good stuff!"

Or in Konamis case putting back in all the good stuff...:P

I do wonder if there will ever come a time when we don't hear things like this, seems every year is some kind of fire fight for both titles, just once I'd like to hear; "yes we have the game pretty much there and we're now adding loads of good stuff!"

Or in Konamis case putting back in all the good stuff...:P

The likelihood of that happening depends on how good the game is this year. Without considering if it's bad (for obvious reasons): If it's "Meh, Ok", definitely not next year. If it's just good, maybe just a couple of stuff. If it's Very good, maybe they will focus on details more than anything next year.

Last edited:
I assume "No additional control over corners" means we can't call a player forward to receive a short pass?

The set peices really need improving in this department, not just corners but direct and indirect free kicks. Frustrating it sure is to painfully slowly drag the camera to face a player i wanna pass to, only to pass in the complete opposite direction anyway. Urgghh..

Response times must be one of the biggest issues raised in fan feedback alongside animations, referees and goalkeepers. I know Konami are not the most proactive of developers but I would be amazed if response times are still a problem. Besides, those people that have played the game have not once mentioned poor response times.

Chin up, son.

Yeah response time a very big issue especially in games like this where the humans input is constant and timing is crucial.

It was a real joy killer for me this year in this game although i still enjoy plaing PES2010, i often wonder every time i do so, how on earth they released the game like that?

Besides, could you imagine a high profile Beat 'em up like Street Fighter or Tekken getting released with bad response issues..?

I've been searching the net all day long and couldn't find any scans... :SHOCK:

Apparently there is nothing in PSM3 worth scanning. A couple of guys over at NEWB said that it's only a one-page article and there is no exclusive news, just the same impressions we've heard already.

Hello ..... (Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)(Hello)

Yep, that's an echo alright.

Last edited:
Same thing every year! Why can´t we have the info we need? It´s like scavanging for food or something! It´s bullshit! PR´s or the lot should keep us well fed and entangled, even tricking us to think we really are a important part of their development and attention. My god this lack of news is too much for me. Ear us Konami, please. Read us, PLEASE US.

Same thing every year! Why can´t we have the info we need? It´s like scavanging for food or something! It´s bullshit! PR´s or the lot should keep us well fed and entangled, even tricking us to think we really are a important part of their development and attention. My god this lack of news is too much for me. Ear us Konami, please. Read us, PLEASE US.

WENB have said that we will get no significant news before Gamescom (18th August:() until then we will get more gameplay impressions around the middle of July when the current embargo ends. This will be newer code.

I'm not sure Konami's tactic of saving everything they have for Gamescom is a good one. There is a lot of positivity towards PES2011 based on the news so far and Konami should try to release small, regular updates to keep the fans talking about the game. They should take advantage of the world cup as everyone has football on their minds.

But Konami will never change, their PR is still quite erratic.

Last edited:
Konami clearly don't want to prematurely ejaculate all their information as it may leave the fanbase in a sticky situation.

That's a very old fake. The game menus are supposedly much nicer this year according to one of the E3 impressions. Apparently the menus are much cleaner and more modern looking.

Konami's PR tactic is really crap. It's really not even PR to keep everything in secret. They should keep the fans excited by giving some kind of info regularly. Or they could do some kind of developer diary thing to tell us how the game is coming along.

It seems that this year we are going to have a good game with lots of updates, so they should have many things to be proud of and show gamers. If they really don't want to tell anything about the game (I really can't think of any good reason for taht) they could at least release new screenshots every now and then. Even that would create hype and keep Pes on people's lips.

That's a very old fake. The game menus are supposedly much nicer this year according to one of the E3 impressions. Apparently the menus are much cleaner and more modern looking.

There are pics of it already. Lol :\

By the way, is Fifa showing anything? No, they aren't. It's normal.

Back
Top Bottom