PES 2011 Discussion thread

I've decided to give WE: Blue Samurai online a try, and guess what, I played 4 games and all were almost lag-free! I couldn't believe it...
Please let us know how it is after playing a lot more matches without lag. Four matches is not so much. I am curious how it is after, say, 20 matches :)

4 to me is way too much Han, because on 2011 playing anyone out of this country is impossible, even playing people from this same country had some lag issues. Every time I've played people from other continents I've faced serious lag, and not one game was playable even.

Before playing WE: Blue Samurai, I tried playing Jimmy on 2011 and it was still bad that I had to quit in the first few minutes. Never experienced a single game that was fun to play.

So when I played WE: Blue Samurai, and all 4 games were almost lag-free, I just couldn't believe it. That is too much for me going from zero lag-free games to 4!

I will play more obviously, simply because its pretty addictive now and I've finally able to enjoy online :) If it stays this way, then its either what Putuco Malo said about Japanese servers being the best, which I doubt, or Konami have actually improved online :) I'm pretty hoping its the latter so I can enjoy PES 2011 ML online.

You work... :SHOCK:

Thought you just skived off all day in here and playing like I have been, will be hard when my cast comes off... ;)

Enjoy it while it lasts ;)

These days its only work, WC, and wife (and evo-web obviously). Not much time for playing anything. Glad I slipped a few games of WE.

I will play more obviously, simply because its pretty addictive now and I've finally able to enjoy online :) If it stays this way, then its either what Putuco Malo said about Japanese servers being the best, which I doubt, or Konami have actually improved online :) I'm pretty hoping its the latter so I can enjoy PES 2011 ML online.
Let's hope it is the latter. I must say I can play good games in PES 2010 against people in my friend-list ( Xbox 360 ) but as soon as i play ranked , it is a laggy situation. Since that happened just too much I decided to stop playing on-line.
Not sure if it was against those cheating kiddies who start a download when being behind.

Probably is because Japan have the best Internet connections in the world... but who knows my friends... we will see, but in any case, those are great news! I miss those PES5 times when I played 4 hours a day and 4 hours the next day LOL... of course that was when I was not married and with a child... hehehehe I will see how I can get time LOL...

Hey Lami,

Let me show you a map:

500x_raw.jpg

Poor USA.

Hey Lami,

Let me show you a map:

Poor USA.

of course we are way down there, there should be some context to this map, like how nig your country is.... notice all of the tiny countries have the fastest.. the last mile is the hardest part.. its not easy getting high speed internet to the middle of now where without prohibited costs

of course we are way down there, there should be some context to this map, like how nig your country is.... notice all of the tiny countries have the fastest.. the last mile is the hardest part.. its not easy getting high speed internet to the middle of now where without prohibited costs

I don't know what the UK's excuse is then.

Hmmm I keep forgetting the UK is the same size as Canada... :P

Pure shoddiness on the part of out of date phone connection lines or something.

Yeah, we're always late adopters when it comes to new technology.

Anyway, I think the internet speed is irrelevant when discussing PES 2010 online. It's just poor netcode on Konami's part. PES6 played very well online and I only had about a 1mb connection at the time. Now I have 12mb and last time I played PES online it was terrible.

Hey Lami,

Let me show you a map:

500x_raw.jpg

Poor USA.

Wow... Thought UK and USA were up there with the best regarding net speeds and prices. Maybe that is the problem then. Still though, if I'm playing someone with a pretty quick connection then it shouldn't be bad.

Maybe the fact that internet in Japan isn't an issue, tells us why Konami aren't getting it right for other continents/countries? What if they make the net code based on their internet experiences thinking that everyone in the world is as good as theirs, which isn't the case, in turn creating problems for us? Hope I make sense.

On the XBOX 360 atleast PES 6 suffered from a strange slowdown whenever the goalkeeper went to take a goal kick. It wasn't a major issue at all but it was a bit odd.

I'm going to try WE online again and see how it goes; if the ps3 system update ever finishes that is..

Any news on any 'Be A Legend mode' changes?

I'd love to see the mode get some changes like a lower league division where you have to play for a while until you get to say 70-80 rated and then the bigger clubs comes looking for you. It's no where near as bad as 'the other' games mode of the same style so you're rated as 50 and you start every match and keep Rooney out of the starting 11 every week. But I still don't like seeing myself starting above someone who is highly rated when I'm only 60. ESPECIALLY as a lot of teams play with 1 man up front so it ends up with 2 or 3 high rated strikers on the subs bench and me, my 60 rated ss playing on his own. there isn't enough common sense or managerial feeling in BAL... I never get the feeling that i'm in a team that is being managed by someone. I mean... there is no way anyone would put a 60 rated SS up front on his own in a MUST WIN GAME and keep David Villa on the sub bench for the full 90. You'd at the least play with 2 up or pick the better rated and another higher rated for the full 90.

Another thing I feel the mode is missing is managers with their own personalities. So a new manager could come to a club you're at and then put you on the transfer market because he doesn't rate you because you're too small or don't score enough goals or you had 2 poor seasons in a row and he thinks you've lost it. I hate the 1 year contracts because it just doesn't feel right.. it feels pathetic.

The same manager thing should be added into the ML as well so like Man United should have a Fergie manager added to it that plays like man united do. no more putting Rooney on the right right. Give us a 'manager edit mode' with some stats to edit and let us create the managers for the teams. I'm sick of seeing that old bald guy in my ML.

In fact they should add a chairman type structure so you can be fired for being crap or set goals by them and if you fail your job security drops. Maybe they can randomly force you to offload a player who is on too high a wage or if they spot you're not using a highly paid player enough they tell you use them or sell them.

I'd like to feel more pressure during my seasons and get more of the shit side of football in my games. The morale system is great as you get players getting upset with you and eventually they can quit the club... but there should be someone above you to further crap on you if a great player is allowed to get into that situation.

The morale system should be consistent as well. no more magic resetting a the end of every season. If you treat a player like shit he should hate you for a long time and not quit your club one week... ten the first week of the new season have no hard feelings and re-sign with you on a free.

Thinking about it.. a lot of what I'm asking for was in the Pro Evo Manager games already so why hasn't it come to PES full time now?

Ridiculous... pes need live records

they should just copy all the sound effects from the the patches that are made on evoweb,even my pes6 with patch sounds better than all next gen pes games!

bit quiet in here now,hopefully news will be soon,would like to know what konami have planned regarding new weather effects,really after 4 years we should have finally have snow and differnt levels of rain that actually affect gameplay

they should just copy all the sound effects from the the patches that are made on evoweb,even my pes6 with patch sounds better than all next gen pes games!

bit quiet in here now,hopefully news will be soon,would like to know what konami have planned regarding new weather effects,really after 4 years we should have finally have snow and differnt levels of rain that actually affect gameplay

No snow, no "muddy" shorts and no additional control over corners this year according to Jon Murphy.

No snow, no "muddy" shorts and no additional control over corners this year according to Jon Murphy.

thats bad by konami,even iss deluxe on the snes had snow and the ability to pick which foot any player could take a corner with(inswinger or outswinger) actually that corner move has never made it to any other football game which is strange,another great little feature removed by konami:FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom