PES 2011 Discussion thread

Yep. They're only showing the press how they do things. Not sure how they record the real thing though? Do they watch a full game and record off it, then loop it over and over? I'd rather they went to a stadium to record really.

You would just re-record the same people moved around a bit, sync the two up and then bounce down to a single track. Easy peasy.

But that won't give us the true atmosphere from a real game then? I'm not sure how they can perfect it tbh because I have the slightest idea how it all works.

Good thing is we had custom chants in PES 2010 so we added crowd noise and chants from real games which in turn gave the matches real atmosphere and authenticity.

I was answering the post about 5-10 people.

The best way is to record sound samples off the telly tbh. There's no way EA or konami could possibly mic up the crowd as well as they do, besides which both companies are trying to mimick the broadcasting experience anyway. I had a heavily kitservered PES 6 including loads and loads of chants, but the best ones were always the ones recorded off the telly rather than off a phone in the stands, which would always have a few very loud voices with the rest of the crowd sounding too distant.

Fanchants.com is meant to be a good source of pre-made sound files.

But that won't give us the true atmosphere from a real game then? I'm not sure how they can perfect it tbh because I have the slightest idea how it all works.

Good thing is we had custom chants in PES 2010 so we added crowd noise and chants from real games which in turn gave the matches real atmosphere and authenticity.

This was always perfectly fine for me personally, but since I have converted from strictly offline PES, to only online PES, I dont get to hear those chants anymore. I certainly welcome a much better default atmosphere though, as it currently stands it's dire at best.

What I could never understand, is why we can use our own music via the MP3 upload online, but we cant use our MP3 chants online ? Seem's a bit silly.

I really hope they bring back the home and away chant slots as well, I really miss that feature. It's stupid when you play a Cup Final only to hear one set of fans. In days gone by, we could generate a fantastic atmosphere with uploaded chants, and hear both sets of fans go at it against each other.

The whole custom chants thing needs to be improved in PES. The chants need proper fade-ins/outs as many of the custom chants stop dead and sound odd in a match. Also they need to be more context sensitive rather than just cycling continually, one after the after, for the whole match. Also as Jimmy said, we need away chants.

Do we have to discuss Fifa in here again, cant we just lock the door Lami ? We could have secret password like the Goonies. Maybe 'Seabass is God'. Utter those words and your allowed in. I'm sick to death of reading about Fifa in a PES thread. It's all wrong I tell you, wrong I say.

And where is Billyboy ? Calling me out in the PEEL lobby indeed. :CONFUSE:

Great game by the way Billy, I really like the way you play football, very educated. ;)

Im here lol. It was a very good game and you played some damn nice football Jimmy. :))

We do have chants for every team. Playing an away team will play their chant. We just need that option back where we could choose between home/away, player, and neutral.

Im here lol. It was a very good game and you played some damn nice football Jimmy. :))

It was an awesome game, I loved it, really nice to play against a footballing brain. It was definately a game of two halves though. First half Peru were terrible, my fault though, alot of bad passes and wrong decisions, I felt like schoolboy on a trial. :LOL:

The 2nd half I started to concentrate and played some nice stuff though, but you battered me in the first 45 minutes. If you play regular, you should consider PEEL mate, you'd fit right in. If not, then just pop into that lobby, everyone plays fair and your guaranteed a great game. The winning goal was a cheeky little dink, I love those when they come off.

I'm loving my new PEEL Signature as well by the way. :)

LOSCLille2.jpg

Last edited:
Why? The "Pes-messiah" is no stranger to the multiple account.

Adonis and Ofseeker are his aliases so far.

Because I know he wouldn't bother to do it once again. And Expander isn't the first to say that about the E3 code. It's just the first to say it here (I do find it odd that he has been on E3. I still have my doubts about that). You guys take this hate too far lol. And too serious.

It was an awesome game, I loved it, really nice to play against a footballing brain. It was definately a game of two halves though. First half Peru were terrible, my fault though, alot of bad passes and wrong decisions, I felt like schoolboy on a trial. :LOL:

The 2nd half I started to concentrate and played some nice stuff though, but you battered me in the first 45 minutes. If you play regular, you should consider PEEL mate, you'd fit right in. If not, then just pop into that lobby, everyone plays fair and your guaranteed a great game. The winning goal was a cheeky little dink, I love those when they come off.

I'm loving my new PEEL Signature as well by the way. :)

LOSCLille2.jpg

Indeed it was. You really came back in the 2nd half and played the ball around nicely. My tactics sadly didn't help so late on in the match.

I have constantly noticed that the lag in PES 2010 does get quite bad, even when playing someone in the same country. Yesterday night for example I suffered from a fair bit of input lag which caused my slide tackles to occur at the wrong time and often made my defenders hack at your players which certainly wasn't my aim! I remember playing Lami in January and him being in the UAE and myself in the UK caused there to be unplayable button lag. Literally there was a 1.5/2 second delay between my input and the on screen action which caused passes to go to the wrong target and horribly placed shots. All of this even though we both have high speed fiber optic broadband! I really hope the net code is improved in PES 2011 so we can have some smooth online games, regardless of where in the world your opponent is.

Indeed it was. You really came back in the 2nd half and played the ball around nicely. My tactics sadly didn't help so late on in the match.

I have constantly noticed that the lag in PES 2010 does get quite bad, even when playing someone in the same country. Yesterday night for example I suffered from a fair bit of input lag which caused my slide tackles to occur at the wrong time and often made my defenders hack at your players which certainly wasn't my aim! I remember playing Lami in January and him being in the UAE and myself in the UK caused there to be unplayable button lag. Literally there was a 1.5/2 second delay between my input and the on screen action which caused passes to go to the wrong target and horribly placed shots. All of this even though we both have high speed fiber optic broadband! I really hope the net code is improved in PES 2011 so we can have some smooth online games, regardless of where in the world your opponent is.

To be fair, I very, very rarely get any sort of button-lag at all, especially with players from that lobby. Out of all the nights you may experience lag, Sunday is bar far the worst. Hopefully we can hook up another night and play some more, and preferably a 15 minute game, I'm not a lover of the 10 minute match.

I have played Lami as well, and it was a terrible connection also, hopefully 2011 will sort that, but I honestly dont hold out much hope in that regard.

Last edited:

I thought optic fiber is the way to go, offering super fast lagless connections. If online stays this way then I'm thinking to downgrade my speed. I don't have lag problems in other games though. It's only PES.

Because I know he wouldn't bother to do it once again. And Expander isn't the first to say that about the E3 code. It's just the first to say it here (I do find it odd that he has been on E3. I still have my doubts about that). You guys take this hate too far lol. And too serious.

Know it was mentioned on here somewhere but when are we due the next news?...

I thought optic fiber is the way to go, offering super fast lagless connections. If online stays this way then I'm thinking to downgrade my speed. I don't have lag problems in other games though. It's only PES.

Fiber optic is without a doubt the best system but sadly its not much use if the net code in PES is appalling.

I remember the good times when PES5 was a lot of fun, even with around the world connections. I played people from all the world even if I am located at Peru (South America) and it was pretty playable.

I remember the good times when PES5 was a lot of fun, even with around the world connections. I played people from all the world even if I am located at Peru (South America) and it was pretty playable.

My boys. :)

Just wondered what happened with Fanfan, Mendez and Pizzaro ? The Peru national team is seriously lacking any real fire-power these days since the ban. I see they called back up Roberto Carlos Palacious at 36 years old ? Great little player but certainly getting on a bit. I love Vargas, and De La Haza is from your neck of the woods. He is solid for me, and arguably my favourite player for Peru, he just wins the ball for fun. His anticipation and reaction are phenomenal, and he is as strong as an ox.

Sorry for the OT.

Last edited:
My boys. :)

Just wondered what happened with Fanfan, Mendez and Pizzaro ? The Peru national team is seriously lacking any real fire-power these days since the ban. I see they called back up Roberto Carlos Palacious at 36 years old ? Great little player but certainly getting on a bit. I love Vargas, and De La Haza is from your neck of the woods. He is solid for me, and arguably my favourite player for Peru, he just wins the ball for fun. His anticipation and reaction are phenomenal, and he is as strong as an ox.

Sorry for the OT.

All of them were dropped from the NT because an scandal when the national team played the qualifiers for SA2010. It was a bizarre problem in the hotel where the NT was "concentrated" for the matches. Sex, drugs and rock and roll!!! LMAO...

Anyway Pizarro has did nothing but shame in our NT. Mendoza is a king of the parties and Farfan... well, he did fine but honestly the duties with NT are less than important for this guys. I dont want to see them again with the sacred NT shirt. They dont deserve it.

I only just found out that if you choose player match then you don't have to play with the AI on regular.

Had two lovely lag free games against some guy from The Netherlands, first time with no lag :)

Weird thing is, I remember the WEP team saying they're going to back to the online system used in PES 6, which was the best imo. From what I remember I had played people from Europe and South America with almost no lag. But if it really is based on that, then I don't understand why i can't have the same almost lag-free games now then? Keeping in mind I barely had a 512 or 1mb connection back in the PES 6 days while now I'm on 30mb optical fiber :SS

Something definitely needs fixing.

EDIT: Does the NAT have to do anything with it? I've got NAT type 2.

Last edited:
Is it as simple as switching back to the PES6 online system or is it more involved than that? Because PES6 was an absolute pleasure online. I used to play in an organized Pro Evo league setup with PES6 and 9/10 games were completely lag free.

Edit: @ Lami - NAT type 2 is fine, it means the connection is open and unrestricted.

Thanks. Thought I'm fine, but just wanted to make sure. Guess i'll have to wait for 2011 then.

Don't know how the online system works tbh. They made it sound that easy though, saying them going back to the PES 6 system should be the best option and going back to the best working online days. Not sure what happened.

Know it was mentioned on here somewhere but when are we due the next news?...

Not sure. There are playtests coming in July but impressions are embargoed. Jon Murphy said on Twitter that although we would have some news during the summer, nothing big will come before Gamescom/ Gamescom week.

Man they have got to fix up the online.
As it is now most people here play against south africans only and it's pretty stable.
I'm finally getting my console online this year.

I've decided to give WE: Blue Samurai online a try, and guess what, I played 4 games and all were almost lag-free! I couldn't believe it... Finally I could play PES/WE online with minimum lag if not as close to lag-free as possible even. Totally satisfying experience. Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 1. All were Japanese people.

I can only hope this means PES 2011 should work just fine, since Blue Samurai is the newer version and all.

I've decided to give WE: Blue Samurai online a try, and guess what, I played 4 games and all were almost lag-free! I couldn't believe it... Finally I could play PES/WE online with minimum lag if not as close to lag-free as possible even. Totally satisfying experience. Won 1, Drawn 2, Lost 1. All were Japanese people.

I can only hope this means PES 2011 should work just fine, since Blue Samurai is the newer version and all.

Probably is because Japan have the best Internet connections in the world... but who knows my friends... we will see, but in any case, those are great news! I miss those PES5 times when I played 4 hours a day and 4 hours the next day LOL... of course that was when I was not married and with a child... hehehehe I will see how I can get time LOL...

Probably is because Japan have the best Internet connections in the world... but who knows my friends... we will see, but in any case, those are great news! I miss those PES5 times when I played 4 hours a day and 4 hours the next day LOL... of course that was when I was not married and with a child... hehehehe I will see how I can get time LOL...

It is pretty addictive. Wanted to play more but had to stop myself because I have work :P

Please Konami make this mean good news for PES 2011 online :PRAY:

Back
Top Bottom